Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toffee won't be pleased.... 13:12 - Jun 1 with 1780 viewsSonicBoom

Ancelotti is off to Real Madrid apparently.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 13:53 - Jun 1 with 1444 viewssolent_toffee

It is what it is - I think he was getting frustrated trying to get a tune out of some of the dross he’s inherited and the second half of the season was woeful from him too. It will be interesting to see who comes in next. There’s still a fair bit of work to get shut of some of the remaining dross and push ahead.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 14:08 - Jun 1 with 1429 viewsSonicBoom

To be fair since Koeman you've spend hundreds of millions and yet you still talk about getting rid of the dross.
Even your dross should be pretty good. You've already binned Walcott off to us!
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 14:10 - Jun 1 with 1425 viewsSaintsforeverj

I thought Everton had finally got it together this year, after the start they had. But they still didn't get anywhere, even after spending hundreds of millions. Another manager leaving. Until they can get a long term plan together, (not just spending money every summer) and build something, they will probably just get more of the same. Although, talk Nuno going there. He would be a good replacement.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 14:27 - Jun 1 with 1404 viewssolent_toffee

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 14:08 - Jun 1 by SonicBoom

To be fair since Koeman you've spend hundreds of millions and yet you still talk about getting rid of the dross.
Even your dross should be pretty good. You've already binned Walcott off to us!

To be fair, they are still paying for some of the dross Koeman bought and put on top whack. Bolasie and Ramirez were earning over 80k each a week on long term contracts, barely playing for the club. Besic was there before Koeman on 50k a week and he’s just left having not played a game since well before Koeman arrived.

Ancelotti didn’t spend much in relative terms, certainly not hundreds of millions.

I’d be happy with Nuno, should he want the gig.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 14:47 - Jun 1 with 1377 viewsSonicBoom

I'm not entirely sure why people get so excited about Espirito Santo. He came up with Wolves who were looking the real deal, but it seemed they profited massively from some deal they had with a super agent who was funnelling players to them they otherwise would not have got. That always seemed a bit suspect. I believe that arrangement is over now.
Wolves don't seem the same and nuno is off.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 18:28 - Jun 1 with 1223 viewsBison

I am having a sneaky bet on Gerrard at 50-1 , what you think of that Toff's?

looks like a 2 horse race between Nuno and Howe. Ralph is also 50-1.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 18:34 - Jun 1 with 1218 viewssolent_toffee

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 18:28 - Jun 1 by Bison

Haha, think the Gerrard link is some naughty kopite journo types.

Christ knows who they will get, either way I don’t think anyone is arsed anymore - it’s like Groundhog Day.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 21:33 - Jun 1 with 1118 viewsSadoldgit

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 18:28 - Jun 1 by Bison

One of the pundits on TalkSport was saying the other day that he thought Howe turned down the Celtic job because he had a better offer. Hmmmmm?
Login to get fewer ads

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 21:44 - Jun 1 with 1111 viewsSaintNick

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 14:27 - Jun 1 by solent_toffee

To be fair, they are still paying for some of the dross Koeman bought and put on top whack. Bolasie and Ramirez were earning over 80k each a week on long term contracts, barely playing for the club. Besic was there before Koeman on 50k a week and he’s just left having not played a game since well before Koeman arrived.

Ancelotti didn’t spend much in relative terms, certainly not hundreds of millions.

I’d be happy with Nuno, should he want the gig.

Ancellotti spent about £90 million last summer, Koeman spent about £200 million in his three transfer windows in charge, so the average is about the same

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 21:50 - Jun 1 with 1101 viewskingslandstand1

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 18:34 - Jun 1 by solent_toffee

Haha, think the Gerrard link is some naughty kopite journo types.

Christ knows who they will get, either way I don’t think anyone is arsed anymore - it’s like Groundhog Day.

Being on a Saints fan forum must be rubbing off on you ST. Bit of success and then some ba5tard comes and nick's the reason for that success
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 22:02 - Jun 1 with 1082 viewsSaintNick

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 21:50 - Jun 1 by kingslandstand1

Being on a Saints fan forum must be rubbing off on you ST. Bit of success and then some ba5tard comes and nick's the reason for that success

Ancelotti gone, the Howe link is interesting, it's what Everton should have doone 5 years ago, built the side from the bottom not keep doing it from the top get in a manager used to doing it, trouble is Everton fans will not accept a manager who is not a name

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 22:26 - Jun 1 with 1055 viewsA1079

Hypothetically Solent Toffee, what would your reaction be if Ralph was an option as your next manager? Would you be ok with it and if so why or would you say "no way" and similarly if so why?
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 22:41 - Jun 1 with 1052 viewshedgeend61

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 21:50 - Jun 1 by kingslandstand1

Everton finished 7th, and 8th twice in the three seasons pre Carlo, under him they finished 12th and 10th.
If Real Madrid consider that success, they've set their bar pretty low.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 23:11 - Jun 1 with 1037 viewscocklebreath

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 22:41 - Jun 1 by hedgeend61

Everton finished 7th, and 8th twice in the three seasons pre Carlo, under him they finished 12th and 10th.
If Real Madrid consider that success, they've set their bar pretty low.

Agreed, I don’t get it

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 07:31 - Jun 2 with 918 viewssolent_toffee

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 22:26 - Jun 1 by A1079

Hypothetically Solent Toffee, what would your reaction be if Ralph was an option as your next manager? Would you be ok with it and if so why or would you say "no way" and similarly if so why?

He’s overseen two 0-9 hammerings. He went on a mad losing streak in the second half of the season. It’s acknowledged on here that he has no plan B and makes poor substitutes.

He’s very lucky to still have a job at Saints.

It’s a massive no way from me.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 07:35 - Jun 2 with 911 viewssaintwizzler

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 07:31 - Jun 2 by solent_toffee

He’s overseen two 0-9 hammerings. He went on a mad losing streak in the second half of the season. It’s acknowledged on here that he has no plan B and makes poor substitutes.

He’s very lucky to still have a job at Saints.

It’s a massive no way from me.

Everton legend Mark Hughes?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 08:00 - Jun 2 with 895 viewsButty101

Looks like Nuno is off to palace!

I see Everton are being linked with Gerard and Benitez. Why would you risk getting Gerard for him to leave for the red lot. As for Benitez I wouldn’t want him here, did nothing at Newcastle and been out performed by Bruce.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 08:16 - Jun 2 with 886 viewssaint22

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 08:00 - Jun 2 by Butty101

I see Everton are being linked with Gerard and Benitez. Why would you risk getting Gerard for him to leave for the red lot. As for Benitez I wouldn’t want him here, did nothing at Newcastle and been out performed by Bruce.

I would like Gerrard here
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 08:57 - Jun 2 with 866 viewssolent_toffee

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 07:35 - Jun 2 by saintwizzler

Everton legend Mark Hughes?

I think Nick suggested him a few years ago prior to his sacking from Saints. Aside from the fact that he’s a terrible manager, he gets little credit for the way he conducted himself over the Lescott signing when City won the Saudi lottery a few years back.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 08:58 - Jun 2 with 863 viewssolent_toffee

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 08:00 - Jun 2 by Butty101

The links to Gerrard and Benitez are passive aggressive digs from the RS plebs in the media. I see Spitty was all over that yesterday. Tiresome and predictable but a sure way of that lot making everything somehow about them.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 09:02 - Jun 2 with 860 viewssolent_toffee

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 22:02 - Jun 1 by SaintNick

Ancelotti gone, the Howe link is interesting, it's what Everton should have doone 5 years ago, built the side from the bottom not keep doing it from the top get in a manager used to doing it, trouble is Everton fans will not accept a manager who is not a name

I think Everton would accept a manger who is not a name as you say. I don’t think they would accept someone like Dyche who plays hideous football and is a more likeable Allerdyce.

In an ideal world they would get the next Moyes (2003 version). With a quality Director of Football (Brands) and money to spend the old Moyes would have been great. This squad of players haven’t been coached in years.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 09:46 - Jun 2 with 834 viewsSaintNick

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 09:02 - Jun 2 by solent_toffee

I think Everton would accept a manger who is not a name as you say. I don’t think they would accept someone like Dyche who plays hideous football and is a more likeable Allerdyce.

In an ideal world they would get the next Moyes (2003 version). With a quality Director of Football (Brands) and money to spend the old Moyes would have been great. This squad of players haven’t been coached in years.

I do agree with you to a degree, but I think in the eyes of many Evertonian's and this is not a dig, but they think they have moved up a notch in terms of both signings and managers, as Moshiri has the money they feel it should be spent big.

I don't think I ever suggested Mark Hughes as Everton manager after he left here, I wouldn't suggest him as Rochdale manager let alone for you.

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 09:53 - Jun 2 with 829 viewssolent_toffee

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 09:46 - Jun 2 by SaintNick

I do agree with you to a degree, but I think in the eyes of many Evertonian's and this is not a dig, but they think they have moved up a notch in terms of both signings and managers, as Moshiri has the money they feel it should be spent big.

I don't think I ever suggested Mark Hughes as Everton manager after he left here, I wouldn't suggest him as Rochdale manager let alone for you.

I think the mood has changed since the Koeman war chest days as it’s clear throwing money at it doesn’t always yield results.

Strangely Ancelotti was a lot more cautious about spending the money only bringing in Allan (30m), Doucoure (25m), James (free) Godfrey (20m). Those players have also got a resale value far more than previous signings.
Toffee won't be pleased.... on 10:18 - Jun 2 with 803 viewsButty101

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 09:53 - Jun 2 by solent_toffee

I think the mood has changed since the Koeman war chest days as it’s clear throwing money at it doesn’t always yield results.

Strangely Ancelotti was a lot more cautious about spending the money only bringing in Allan (30m), Doucoure (25m), James (free) Godfrey (20m). Those players have also got a resale value far more than previous signings.

Koeman seems to get panned for his signings but in his 2nd season didn’t he get signings inflicted on him e.g Rooney
Pickford and Calvin Lewis were signed in his first season so not a disaster.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 14:45 - Jun 2 with 693 viewsSaintNick

Toffee won't be pleased.... on 10:18 - Jun 2 by Butty101

Koeman seems to get panned for his signings but in his 2nd season didn’t he get signings inflicted on him e.g Rooney
Pickford and Calvin Lewis were signed in his first season so not a disaster.

Koeman got panned because right from his first press conference it was clear he hadn't bought into the club's philosophy, he almost admitted that he had only joined for money, I would think that joining Everton would be seen as a big mistake by him as for the first time in his career he chased money and not what was best for his career..

To say he spent a lot is true, but then again Everton have spent around £100 million in every season, they spent £90 k last summer under Ancelotti.

It's hard to see what is the best way forward from them, do they go for a name manager and repeat the mistakes of the past 5 years, or do they go back to basics as they did with Moyes many years ago.

The problem is as every league table shows, it is hard to break into the top four and probably almost impossible now if you are not one of the big six, unless you have the money that Liverpool, United, City & Chelsea have you cant compete with them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024