Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Howe or Cooper? 08:46 - Oct 3 with 1982 viewssaint68

A change needs to be made as Ralph is clearly not the man who turned up 3 seasons ago, saints have been the worst performing team in the Premier league for this calendar year and the trajectory is clearly towards the championship.

Early November should be the latest he is replaced, so with that in mind who would you like to see come in and turn our fortunes around....

Maybe we could have a manager who picks the best 11 possible and tries to maintain that best 11 for a chance of creating some momentum and understanding between the players, and possibly be decisive enough to make changes to enable us grabbing the occasional victory with impact subs instead of just hoping until its too late.

We are basically in a state of perpetual Groundhog day with Hassenhutl..enough is enough.

Either of the two I've listed would be a vast improvement.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 8:51]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Howe or Cooper? on 08:49 - Oct 3 with 1512 viewscocklebreath

Whoever it is must be double jabbed and if old enough boosted

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Howe or Cooper? on 09:07 - Oct 3 with 1470 viewsSadoldgit

Cooper has just joined Notts Forest so I guess it will be Howe then. I am more interested in the question how long does a new manager get before people want him sacked 😉
Howe or Cooper? on 09:08 - Oct 3 with 1473 viewssaint68

Howe or Cooper? on 09:07 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

Cooper has just joined Notts Forest so I guess it will be Howe then. I am more interested in the question how long does a new manager get before people want him sacked 😉

As its a results based job not long, quite simple really.

Howe or Cooper? on 09:17 - Oct 3 with 1459 viewsTripleNiemi

Howe or Cooper? on 09:07 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

This

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Howe or Cooper? on 09:17 - Oct 3 with 1457 viewsPatfromPoole

Cooper has never managed in the Prem.

For all the bleating from some about Howe, he knows the Prem well and it wouldn’t hold any surprises for him.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Howe or Cooper? on 09:19 - Oct 3 with 1454 viewsTripleNiemi

Howe or Cooper? on 09:17 - Oct 3 by PatfromPoole

For all the bleating from some about Howe, he knows the Prem well and it wouldn’t hold any surprises for him.

It's not like Saints contain a load of Bertie Böllox ego types these days so Howe would be fine.

Howe or Cooper? on 09:20 - Oct 3 with 1448 viewsSonicBoom

I dont want RH sacked but we are certainly nearing the time that its going to be talked about.
He seems determined to pick a strange team every week. Obviously it's UK to him but you would think that every now and again he would pick a team that the majority of supporters agree with! But no.....

Why Howe? Spent a lot of money at Bournemouth and they went down.
Howe or Cooper? on 09:22 - Oct 3 with 1448 viewssaint68

Howe or Cooper? on 09:17 - Oct 3 by PatfromPoole

If we haven't got 10 points by the time we've played Watford then Hassenhutl has to go, Howe wouldn't get anywhere near the abuse he would of a couple of years back and as you say his previous knowledge would be of great benefit going forward.

Login to get fewer ads

Howe or Cooper? on 09:27 - Oct 3 with 1434 viewsTripleNiemi

Howe or Cooper? on 09:20 - Oct 3 by SonicBoom

I dont want RH sacked but we are certainly nearing the time that its going to be talked about.
He seems determined to pick a strange team every week. Obviously it's UK to him but you would think that every now and again he would pick a team that the majority of supporters agree with! But no.....

I agree with you on the sacking front but have to admit, it is now getting ever harder defending RH. I must say though that i have absolute respect for the professionalism of KWP (similar to Yoshida) in playing in different positions and not dripping. Yes it is their job, but geez, we now have a far better squad than before (so we are told) and yet cannot play players on their favoured foot.

Howe or Cooper? on 09:27 - Oct 3 with 1433 viewssaint68

Howe or Cooper? on 09:20 - Oct 3 by SonicBoom

Funnily enough it was the spending that was his downfall, they brought in expensive signings and destabilised the dressing room, wouldn't be a problem here as we have no money..he made some very mediocre players into a competitive team...it only went downhill when the money started being chucked at more expensive divas.

Howe or Cooper? on 09:54 - Oct 3 with 1374 viewsDorsetIan

If Ralph goes, we should get Allardyce, forget about building a team, and simply aim to stay up. He’s the best for that.

Until Gao is gone there is absolutely no point trying to do anything other than survive by the skin of our teeth.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Howe or Cooper? on 09:57 - Oct 3 with 1380 viewskernow

The season Bournemouth went down they were decimated by injuries. I rate Eddie Howe a lot.
Howe or Cooper? on 10:10 - Oct 3 with 1359 viewsRon11

Hassenehutl was doing OK until his assistant left the club. It was never the same after that, with the two 9-0 defeats etc.
I just seems the since then he's just been winging it - the bizarre team selection and tactics, the late late substitutions ( ie panic mode) and the starting of obviously off form players.
As in starting Walcott yesterday, it was effectively ten men, and although they played quite well, it might have been three points if Tella or Broja had started.
And now his comments after the game - 'not parking the bus in front of goal' 'a great game of football, so happy to play well against Champion's League winners even with no points' and then saying he's not going to change the way he runs the team or his tactics.
He's either angling for the sack, trying to shame the board/owners, or he just doesn't know what he's doing.
Not a good situation, and it needs to change very much sooner rather than later, before it's too late.
Personally the strange team selection/tactics is becoming extremely tiresome.
Howe or Cooper? on 10:56 - Oct 3 with 1298 viewsPatfromPoole

Howe or Cooper? on 09:57 - Oct 3 by kernow

The season Bournemouth went down they were decimated by injuries. I rate Eddie Howe a lot.

Agreed.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Howe or Cooper? on 10:59 - Oct 3 with 1292 viewsSadoldgit

Tella did start and Broja can’t play against Chelsea.
Howe or Cooper? on 11:17 - Oct 3 with 1280 viewsJellybaby

Ralph and Southampton FC are a good fit. Pochettino was too good for us and we were too good for Peligrino, but Ralph is about right.

The 9-0 defeats are shocking and hard to digest, but I think he has learnt his lesson and this season has seen a marked improvement in performance compared to the dismal end of last season. I had hoped for 4 points at this stage - a draw at Newcastle and a win against Wolves and we have 4 points, so I don't see this start as a disaster, especially as we have been competitive in every game. The next 5 games is the real test for us.

Talk of Allardyce is desperation. Howe would be a good option if the wheels came off, but would definitely stick with Ralph

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Howe or Cooper? on 11:52 - Oct 3 with 1237 viewsBerber

Howe? Who famously is proud of only having one way of playing and got Bournemouth relegated by sticking with it?
Howe or Cooper? on 11:53 - Oct 3 with 1237 viewsBicester_North

Ralph in every interview now says we don’t have the quality up front. If he’s right then no matter who manages the team we’ll struggle.

Or is it the manager not picking a team and system where those forwards get the service?

Once the ball gets up to the opposition box, which we do quite a lot, surely it’s then down to quality of forward players to find the right pass, shot or run?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Howe or Cooper? on 11:55 - Oct 3 with 1230 viewsSaintsforeverj

We have some key games coming up: Leeds, Burnley, Watford, Villa, Norwich. Ralph and Saints obviously have to get some wins from those games. Saints won't sack Ralph until they absolutely have too. We don't have 10 million to waste to pay him off. They have stuck by him after two 9 nil defeats, Semmens bigs him up, so he isn't going anywhere.

The bigger issue is Gao. I want him gone, he is the issue. What do we expect from a manager that has had to build a team without any money to spend? Lowest net spend in the whole of the PL, yet we still managed results against teams who have spent half a billion: City, Man U? The performances have also been good. I appreciate that we haven't won in ages and it's not good enough. But I think whoever is manager, it's amazing that we are still a PL team and still able to get points. The performances are there. Gao, not Ralph is the problem.

Howe? He bought players for 25 million at Bournemouth. Wouldn't he be just as fed up and end up leaving too when he realises the best this club can hope for is 17th and no money to spend? If we don't win the next few games, ofcourse we would have to try a new manager, but it won't change anything long term. We will still have Redmond, Long, Elyannoussi and Djenepo spinning round in circles with no money for a decent replacement.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 12:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Howe or Cooper? on 11:56 - Oct 3 with 1224 views1ASIN12

Howe or Cooper? on 10:59 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

Tella did start and Broja can’t play against Chelsea.

It always amazes me that posters ( so called Saints fans) comment on a game , comment how we played ,comment that the manager should or should not get sacked yet don’t even know who played yesterday and who couldn’t play etc .
Howe or Cooper? on 12:06 - Oct 3 with 1192 viewsSadoldgit

Howe or Cooper? on 11:53 - Oct 3 by Bicester_North

Ralph in every interview now says we don’t have the quality up front. If he’s right then no matter who manages the team we’ll struggle.

Or is it the manager not picking a team and system where those forwards get the service?

Once the ball gets up to the opposition box, which we do quite a lot, surely it’s then down to quality of forward players to find the right pass, shot or run?

I do wonder how much say he has had in recruitment? From what he said he had no say in the signing of Broja and I doubt if he signed off on Lycano. Fair play to him for soldering on and doing what he thinks is the best with what he has got. If the next 5 games go pear shaped it wouldn’t surprise me if he walked. To be honest I am surprised he is still here as it isn’t doing his reputation any good (apart from showing that he is prepared to work on a tight budget).
Howe or Cooper? on 12:14 - Oct 3 with 1177 viewssaintwizzler

Howe or Cooper? on 12:06 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

I do wonder how much say he has had in recruitment? From what he said he had no say in the signing of Broja and I doubt if he signed off on Lycano. Fair play to him for soldering on and doing what he thinks is the best with what he has got. If the next 5 games go pear shaped it wouldn’t surprise me if he walked. To be honest I am surprised he is still here as it isn’t doing his reputation any good (apart from showing that he is prepared to work on a tight budget).

You’ve gotta be a special Kunt to walk away from £115k a week.
No way will he resign.
Sacked and it’s Dubai holibobs quicker than you can say “for fücks sake Redmond” for the Austrian.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Howe or Cooper? on 12:20 - Oct 3 with 1170 views1885_SFC

I'm in the 'Keep Ralph' camp - at least for the next three games which are all 'winnable'.

Nothing I've seen so far this season has been a surprise. We all knew this was going to be a tough season. Ings was a big loss. His goals were always going to be hard to replace. We drew with both Manchester clubs (a feat in itself given our squad) and drew with a very good West Ham side. A point at Newcastle away was commendable and did anyone really expect anything away yesterday at the European champions? The loss against Wolves was very damaging however & that one, for me, was deeply disappointing.

The next three games however will be the ones that make or break Ralph's season - at least for me. These are the games that Ralph 'should' be winning & although, to coin a phrase, there are no easy games in the Premier League, manager's are paid to win points and Hassenhutl - nice bloke that he is - will have to live or die by the decisions he makes.

Old School is Cool

Howe or Cooper? on 14:36 - Oct 3 with 1029 viewsstmichael

We have created nothing all season.
Strikers have had no chances.
Other than the Man U chance name one other chance we have createc for Armstrong.
It’s pitiful.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Howe or Cooper? on 14:41 - Oct 3 with 1018 viewssaint22

Howe or Cooper? on 12:20 - Oct 3 by 1885_SFC

I'm in the 'Keep Ralph' camp - at least for the next three games which are all 'winnable'.

Nothing I've seen so far this season has been a surprise. We all knew this was going to be a tough season. Ings was a big loss. His goals were always going to be hard to replace. We drew with both Manchester clubs (a feat in itself given our squad) and drew with a very good West Ham side. A point at Newcastle away was commendable and did anyone really expect anything away yesterday at the European champions? The loss against Wolves was very damaging however & that one, for me, was deeply disappointing.

The next three games however will be the ones that make or break Ralph's season - at least for me. These are the games that Ralph 'should' be winning & although, to coin a phrase, there are no easy games in the Premier League, manager's are paid to win points and Hassenhutl - nice bloke that he is - will have to live or die by the decisions he makes.

The next three games seal it for me
Play the right players in those games and get 7 points after a two week break to work on everything and maybe there is hope
Stupid selections and 1 point only from those 3 games and we have to act fast
As someone else posted we have been the worst performing team this calendar year, no win in 10 league games, sooner or later the manager has to go. It will cost a lot more to be relegated than pay him off
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024