Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which one player ... 14:54 - Dec 8 with 3455 viewssaint901

.. from the past say 50 years would you want in the team today?

I might opt for Ted MacDougall. Lethal in the box and converted a good number of chances.
0
Which one player ... on 15:11 - Dec 8 with 3428 viewssaint68

Gabriel Batistuta for me

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

0
Which one player ... on 15:12 - Dec 8 with 3427 viewssaint68

Just to clarify, was it any player or ex Saints?

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

0
Which one player ... on 15:33 - Dec 8 with 3400 viewsTimSaint

Probably loads more, but any from:

Shilts or Niemi
Fonte and VvD
Steve Williams
MLT
David Armstrong
Mane / Channon
Shearer / Phillips / Ings

We would probably end up with:

Woods
Caulker
Todd
Wootton
Bleidelis
Kanchelskis (the Saints, not Man U version)
Ali Dia

TimSaint

0
Which one player ... on 15:38 - Dec 8 with 3395 viewsfranniesTache

Which one player ... on 15:33 - Dec 8 by TimSaint

Probably loads more, but any from:

Shilts or Niemi
Fonte and VvD
Steve Williams
MLT
David Armstrong
Mane / Channon
Shearer / Phillips / Ings

We would probably end up with:

Woods
Caulker
Todd
Wootton
Bleidelis
Kanchelskis (the Saints, not Man U version)
Ali Dia


Can add Paine, Ron Davies, Keegan, Mark Wright, Timmy Flowers, Pahars, Lambert & Case

And I mean i'd even probably take Killer, Oakley, Bridge, Beattie and Monkou instead of our current crop of mediocre crap.

Though of course the only possible correct answer is Cosmo Sarli
0
Which one player ... on 16:39 - Dec 8 with 3352 viewspjt50

Trouble is, game's moved on so much in terms of fitness & athleticism that players from 30 or 40 years ago probably couldn't hack it in today's PL. Even goalkeepers would be lost if they were expected to play out from the back.

For that reason I'd probably go for Mane or VVD.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

0
Which one player ... on 16:41 - Dec 8 with 3346 viewssaint901

Which one player ... on 15:12 - Dec 8 by saint68

Just to clarify, was it any player or ex Saints?


Ex Saints.
0
Which one player ... on 16:52 - Dec 8 with 3326 viewssaint68

Which one player ... on 16:41 - Dec 8 by saint901

Ex Saints.


Matthew Le Tissier

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

0
Which one player ... on 06:52 - Dec 9 with 3147 viewskingolaf

Forbes Phillipson-Masters.

We need big~name players.
0
Login to get fewer ads

Which one player ... on 08:55 - Dec 9 with 3099 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Ron Davies - I never saw him play, but I hear constantly about his prowess in the air. Maybe someone who could actually get on the end of JWP's corners? (doesn't need to be fit in terms of modern game standards, just float up and nod them in)

Mane - I loved watching him play for Saints and that Villa hattrick will long live in the memory and now he's even better!

Bridge - Maybe an usual choice, but he was brilliant at left back under Strachan

Wanyama - The Saints version

And you said one player, so I'll go for the one I've never seen as we need pure goal scoring prowess, so Ron Davies.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

0
Which one player ... on 09:17 - Dec 9 with 3083 viewsclunk76

Which one player ... on 08:55 - Dec 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Ron Davies - I never saw him play, but I hear constantly about his prowess in the air. Maybe someone who could actually get on the end of JWP's corners? (doesn't need to be fit in terms of modern game standards, just float up and nod them in)

Mane - I loved watching him play for Saints and that Villa hattrick will long live in the memory and now he's even better!

Bridge - Maybe an usual choice, but he was brilliant at left back under Strachan

Wanyama - The Saints version

And you said one player, so I'll go for the one I've never seen as we need pure goal scoring prowess, so Ron Davies.


You need to stoop to get on the end of JWP's corners, not jump! ;-)
0
Which one player ... on 15:05 - Dec 9 with 3010 viewsHamnottingham

Bally.
0
Which one player ... on 15:09 - Dec 9 with 3004 viewsSaintsforeverj

Le Tissier, without a doubt. Saved the Saints with wonderful goals and entertainment year after year.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

0
Which one player ... on 15:59 - Dec 9 with 2980 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Which one player ... on 09:17 - Dec 9 by clunk76

You need to stoop to get on the end of JWP's corners, not jump! ;-)


I can't argue with that ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

0
Which one player ... on 16:01 - Dec 9 with 2978 viewsgrumpy

Alan Ball,we need a leader.
0
Which one player ... on 17:16 - Dec 13 with 2793 views1885_SFC

Le Tiss... closely followed by Steve Williams.

Old Skool is Kool

0
Which one player ... on 18:36 - Dec 14 with 2716 views1teeminants

Mike Channon

Poll: What sort of team will saints have by the end of the transfer window ?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026