Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game 16:00 - Mar 1 with 2726 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57177/hasenhuttl-confirm

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 16:30 - Mar 1 with 2178 viewssaints__fan__73

So, 5 or 6 changes inc the gk. As I said, I'm shocked why people are always surprised when this happens.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 16:49 - Mar 1 with 2134 viewsSadoldgit

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 16:30 - Mar 1 by saints__fan__73

So, 5 or 6 changes inc the gk. As I said, I'm shocked why people are always surprised when this happens.

You’ve seen the team then?
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 16:56 - Mar 1 with 2133 viewscocklebreath

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 16:30 - Mar 1 by saints__fan__73

Aren’t you too old to spend your time wumming endlessly ?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:16 - Mar 1 with 2060 viewssaint68

Ralph out!!🥱

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:45 - Mar 1 with 2026 viewsSaintsforeverj

Has to be money motivated. League positions worth millions, cup win worth hardly anything. Otherwise why make the changes? I'm sure we would all take finishing 12th but win the cup, rather than finishing 8th but not winning it. But the difference in those league places is about 10 million. Yes, we need to give others a game, but they could be given a game in the PL. But the PL is where all the money is. Money talks.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 18:48]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 19:02 - Mar 1 with 1990 viewssaintwizzler

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:45 - Mar 1 by Saintsforeverj

Has to be money motivated. League positions worth millions, cup win worth hardly anything. Otherwise why make the changes? I'm sure we would all take finishing 12th but win the cup, rather than finishing 8th but not winning it. But the difference in those league places is about 10 million. Yes, we need to give others a game, but they could be given a game in the PL. But the PL is where all the money is. Money talks.

I take being relegated and winning the league cup or FA Cup.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 20:27 - Mar 1 with 1909 viewsButty101

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 19:02 - Mar 1 by saintwizzler

If come the summer we got knocked out because we made a load of changes rather than than have ago, then proceed to sell half the team so start from scratch, you have to question what’s the point

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 21:21 - Mar 1 with 1852 viewskingslandstand1

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:45 - Mar 1 by Saintsforeverj

But dare I say, what is £10m in the Prem League nowadays? Hardly going to buy us a world beater

Would much rather finish 12th and a cup final, than maybe an 8th. As much as I'd genuinely love a Euro trip again through the league (does a cup win get us in to Europs?), I'd rather a day out at Wembley
Login to get fewer ads

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 21:29 - Mar 1 with 1833 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 21:21 - Mar 1 by kingslandstand1

But dare I say, what is £10m in the Prem League nowadays? Hardly going to buy us a world beater

Would much rather finish 12th and a cup final, than maybe an 8th. As much as I'd genuinely love a Euro trip again through the league (does a cup win get us in to Europs?), I'd rather a day out at Wembley

Totally agree Kingsland. I think most proper fans would choose a day out at Wembley and a cup final than a few places up the league. Love the magic of the cup, got my tickets for tomorrow and would love to get through to the quarter finals. But we have to ask why then do managers keep resting players, when it is such a big game for the fans? Who remembers Sheff UTd away and Sunderland away, when Koeman and Poch rested players. It's so annoying for us fans. We all love a cup run. It has to be money.

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 21:50 - Mar 1 with 1802 viewsdirk_doone

The West Ham game is our most important game of the season so far. Of course, we need our best eleven, which means there should be no changes.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 21:54 - Mar 1 with 1798 viewshedgeend61

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 21:21 - Mar 1 by kingslandstand1

Exactly Kingsland, £10m wouldn't have covered Ings wages for 2 years if he'd signed a new contract. And finishing anything above 17th would be bonus money to SFC as they'd have only budgeted for the moon, not the stars.

Yes, winning it gets Europa League, and 2 trips to Wembley.

Genuine question, would any Saints supporter mind giving up 3 points at Villa Saturday to guarantee beating West Ham?, and why?, cos I would, we ain't going down, crazy not to play best side tomorrow, rest them Saturday
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 21:57 - Mar 1 with 1785 viewshedgeend61

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 21:50 - Mar 1 by dirk_doone

The West Ham game is our most important game of the season so far. Of course, we need our best eleven, which means there should be no changes.

Spot on dirk
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 22:41 - Mar 1 with 1730 views1teeminants

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 19:02 - Mar 1 by saintwizzler

Yep me too. To make changes and get knocked out easily is just a pisstake and just sends a message to the fans “you don’t really matter that much”

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 23:59 - Mar 1 with 1658 viewsericofarabia

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 21:54 - Mar 1 by hedgeend61

Exactly Kingsland, £10m wouldn't have covered Ings wages for 2 years if he'd signed a new contract. And finishing anything above 17th would be bonus money to SFC as they'd have only budgeted for the moon, not the stars.

Yes, winning it gets Europa League, and 2 trips to Wembley.

Genuine question, would any Saints supporter mind giving up 3 points at Villa Saturday to guarantee beating West Ham?, and why?, cos I would, we ain't going down, crazy not to play best side tomorrow, rest them Saturday

Make that 3 trips to Wembley if we were to win it .... dont forget next seasons Charity Shield as well
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 10:32 - Mar 2 with 1533 viewssaint68

There is 4 games that need our full strength starting eleven...tonight the quarter and semi and final..these are the most important fixtures left this season..how Ralph and the board don't see that is bemusing..money over glory isn't what any supporter wants.

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 13:36 - Mar 2 with 1475 viewsCenturion

It's good to do well in the Cup, but we have some very important league games coming in thick and fast.
I would like us to finish at least 9th in the league so rotation is the best option IMO.
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 13:39 - Mar 2 with 1460 viewsButty101

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 13:36 - Mar 2 by Centurion

It's good to do well in the Cup, but we have some very important league games coming in thick and fast.
I would like us to finish at least 9th in the league so rotation is the best option IMO.

Would you like to see an open bus top tour round the city, when we achieve 9th?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 13:53 - Mar 2 with 1448 viewssaints__fan__73

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 13:39 - Mar 2 by Butty101

Would you like to see an open bus top tour round the city, when we achieve 9th?

Maybe we can do a double with also having one for losing FA Cup 1/4 finalists?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 15:39 - Mar 2 with 1398 viewsBuggalugs

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 13:36 - Mar 2 by Centurion

Each to their own, but I find it very odd that any fan would have this opinion. What's the point in any of it if your only aspiration is to finish mid-table in the league?

Like others have said, I'd take relegation and winning a cup over a mid-table league finish any day.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 16:28 - Mar 2 with 1345 viewsSoton

10 million is a lot of money but a semi final and acup final would generate a few bob in merchandising and may add a few more fans onto the Saints following so might be good in the long term
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 17:07 - Mar 2 with 1301 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 16:28 - Mar 2 by Soton

10 million is a lot of money but a semi final and acup final would generate a few bob in merchandising and may add a few more fans onto the Saints following so might be good in the long term

Thing is, we could play a full team tonight and for the rest of the competition and still win every league game or we could play a reserve team and still lose games. It's the only cup we are in. We should definitely play a full team and go for it, but Poch did it, Koeman did it, Puel even did it in Europe. These managers / clubs are obsessed with players not over doing it and obviously they think the PL is the be all and end all. In this case, it's just money, it must be as we are safe. The only thing I would say as a bit of hope is that Ralph is bluffing to confuse the opposition.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 17:10]

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:28 - Mar 2 with 1236 viewssaint901

I confess to being torn on this one.

I see no realistic chance of being dragged into a relegation fight and equally a tough task to qualify for Europe. We are likely going to finish mid table.

If so, then having a go at West Ham and getting into the last 8 and perhaps better is worth the risk of losing a couple of players to injury. (Although we would miss some more than others).

Further, keeping a winning team together and playing at a decent level is important to keep momentum and keep the spirit we've seen in the team recently.

Against that, we could feasibly finish in 8th or a little above and in terms of investment potential for next season that plays well with a new owner and perhaps persuades him that we are worth a few of his quid in getting a stronger squad together for the next campaign. Depends on whether he sees his investment as a short or medium term one.

I'd therefore be asking the owner what si more important to him.

Personally I'd be recommending a focus on the league.
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:44 - Mar 2 with 1193 viewsButty101

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:28 - Mar 2 by saint901

I confess to being torn on this one.

I see no realistic chance of being dragged into a relegation fight and equally a tough task to qualify for Europe. We are likely going to finish mid table.

If so, then having a go at West Ham and getting into the last 8 and perhaps better is worth the risk of losing a couple of players to injury. (Although we would miss some more than others).

Further, keeping a winning team together and playing at a decent level is important to keep momentum and keep the spirit we've seen in the team recently.

Against that, we could feasibly finish in 8th or a little above and in terms of investment potential for next season that plays well with a new owner and perhaps persuades him that we are worth a few of his quid in getting a stronger squad together for the next campaign. Depends on whether he sees his investment as a short or medium term one.

I'd therefore be asking the owner what si more important to him.

Personally I'd be recommending a focus on the league.

Ralph out what a t w at.
Just seen the team

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:54 - Mar 2 with 1159 viewsCenturion

Seems like Ralph and I thinking along the same lines.
Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:59 - Mar 2 with 1141 viewssaint68

Hasenhuttl Confirms He Is Likely To Make Changes For West Ham Game on 18:44 - Mar 2 by Butty101

Ralph out what a t w at.
Just seen the team

Betrayal of the supporters that is...we'll be to far behind by half time to manage a comeback and incur injuries as a result....fukin shambolic situation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024