Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name 11:07 - Mar 11 with 4211 viewsSaintNick

A little bit sickening really

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 11:16 - Mar 11 with 3795 viewssaints__fan__73

Is it?

As a Scouser you must know that, for many, loyalty to their team means more than to country, etc.

Roman has done nothing but good for Chelsea so of course they suddenly won't start viewing him as the anti-Christ.

Yes, he had a personal relationship with Putin but up until a few weeks ago Putin was just a World Leader who PMs/Presidents all around the World were happy to have included in Summits, shake hands with, invite to visits to their countries, etc. How many State Banquets has Putin had with the Queen?

I'm not sure how Roman can be blamed for Putin now doing something appalling and invading Ukraine. I don't think he was involved in the decision making process here.

Our former owner was on great terms with those who run China who aren't exactly a country with an unblemished record for human rights, invading other countries, etc and yet you had no issues with him.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 11:54 - Mar 11 with 3741 viewsSoton

Not a lot of difference between Chelsea fans and the people on here sticking up for le tiss and his outlandish covid ideas, people are easy lead by people they perceive to know and like
I know a war and covid are different but it just goes to show if someone dose a little good for you what you will be prepared to give back
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 12:29 - Mar 11 with 3715 viewscocklebreath

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 11:54 - Mar 11 by Soton

Not a lot of difference between Chelsea fans and the people on here sticking up for le tiss and his outlandish covid ideas, people are easy lead by people they perceive to know and like
I know a war and covid are different but it just goes to show if someone dose a little good for you what you will be prepared to give back

Another gimp having a pop at le tiss.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 13:07 - Mar 11 with 3680 viewsSoton

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 12:29 - Mar 11 by cocklebreath

Another gimp having a pop at le tiss.

Thank you, not that what I said needed verifying but thanks anyway
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 22:57 - Mar 11 with 3506 viewsChesham_Saint

Oh do fvck off. Putin the same as Le God?

?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 07:52 - Mar 12 with 3427 viewsSoton

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 22:57 - Mar 11 by Chesham_Saint

Oh do fvck off. Putin the same as Le God?

?

Sorry you must of read something wrong, Putin was never mentioned
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 12:20 - Mar 12 with 3338 viewsBerber

I think you could do with reading up a bit of current affairs. MLT may have some “ outlandish views” and freedom of speech is to be applauded. Being besties with a virtual dictator of a country currently enacting an act of war on a neighbour is nowhere near alike. Fans defending the supporters and perpetrators cannot be compared. MLT does not have a reputation for trying to close down free speech.
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 12:47 - Mar 12 with 3325 viewsSoton

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 12:20 - Mar 12 by Berber

I think you could do with reading up a bit of current affairs. MLT may have some “ outlandish views” and freedom of speech is to be applauded. Being besties with a virtual dictator of a country currently enacting an act of war on a neighbour is nowhere near alike. Fans defending the supporters and perpetrators cannot be compared. MLT does not have a reputation for trying to close down free speech.

If abramovich were our owner instead of Chelsea the same hero worshipers on here would find reasons to support him
I for one don’t feel the need to take medical advice from any footballer who ever he played for and I certainly won’t be listening to to some well connected ruski about his views on Russian terrorist in Ukraine
Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 13:20 - Mar 12 with 3294 viewsJellybaby

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 11:16 - Mar 11 by saints__fan__73

Is it?

As a Scouser you must know that, for many, loyalty to their team means more than to country, etc.

Roman has done nothing but good for Chelsea so of course they suddenly won't start viewing him as the anti-Christ.

Yes, he had a personal relationship with Putin but up until a few weeks ago Putin was just a World Leader who PMs/Presidents all around the World were happy to have included in Summits, shake hands with, invite to visits to their countries, etc. How many State Banquets has Putin had with the Queen?

I'm not sure how Roman can be blamed for Putin now doing something appalling and invading Ukraine. I don't think he was involved in the decision making process here.

Our former owner was on great terms with those who run China who aren't exactly a country with an unblemished record for human rights, invading other countries, etc and yet you had no issues with him.

Yes, agree with this.

Guilty by association is never a compelling argument for me. In other parts of the world the Americans and British are seen as warmongers for Iraq etc, we should remember this before we condemn all Russians, many of whom are against Putin and war.

Abramovich has served Chelsea well, telling the fans not to sing his name is very authoritarian and to me seems discriminatory.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 13:29 - Mar 12 with 3276 viewsdirk_doone

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 13:20 - Mar 12 by Jellybaby

Yes, agree with this.

Guilty by association is never a compelling argument for me. In other parts of the world the Americans and British are seen as warmongers for Iraq etc, we should remember this before we condemn all Russians, many of whom are against Putin and war.

Abramovich has served Chelsea well, telling the fans not to sing his name is very authoritarian and to me seems discriminatory.

Some of the regular terrace chants in the late 60s were pure evil. "Harry Roberts is our friend. He kills coppers" didn't even get a reaction from the police on duty in the crowd that it was directed at.

http://www.murderpedia.org/male.R/r/roberts-harry-maurice-photos.htm
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 13:30]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 15:38 - Mar 12 with 3196 viewsSaintsforeverj

If the Chelsea fans were singing Putin's name, that would be sickening. They are singing the name.of their owner who has brought them lots of success, joy and trophies. I am not sure what Abramovich thinks of the war, so it's not sickening until we know his views. Being a friend of someone or associated with someone doesn't mean you agree with everything they do. We don't know his views, so singing his name doesn't seem an issue for me. For all we know, he might be totally against war but isn't saying so to protect his assets or is scared of being poisoned, who knows. Putin's actions are not necessarily what every Russian believes in.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 15:42]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 16:05 - Mar 12 with 3157 viewsBerber

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 12:47 - Mar 12 by Soton

If abramovich were our owner instead of Chelsea the same hero worshipers on here would find reasons to support him
I for one don’t feel the need to take medical advice from any footballer who ever he played for and I certainly won’t be listening to to some well connected ruski about his views on Russian terrorist in Ukraine

Your opening statement was, "Not a lot of difference between Chelsea fans and the people on here sticking up for le tiss and his outlandish covid ideas."

If you can't see the difference, you need to read up a bit more as I suggested. There are people who post on here will vouch for the fact I argued strongly against the anti vaxers. But there is nothing to suggest that they are ruthless, self serving folk with little regard for freedom of speech or freedom of choice. Supporting MLT may be misguided, but is not forgiving the unforgivable.

Abramovich on the other hand, has clear connections to a malign force (Putin) that respects neither freedoms, and is currently demonstrating that amply. He has also used his wealth to prevent journalists either investigating his links to Putin and the sources of his wealth, or talking about it. Nor has he condemned Putin's actions (probably for obvious reasons). The fans that support him are not at all like the fans that support MLT.
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 17:14 - Mar 12 with 3092 viewskentsouthampton

They can go back to relative obscurity and 12,000 gates, no doubt their new found plastic fan base will go on to support Newcastle or Man city.
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 18:25 - Mar 12 with 3048 viewsJellybaby

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 16:05 - Mar 12 by Berber

Your opening statement was, "Not a lot of difference between Chelsea fans and the people on here sticking up for le tiss and his outlandish covid ideas."

If you can't see the difference, you need to read up a bit more as I suggested. There are people who post on here will vouch for the fact I argued strongly against the anti vaxers. But there is nothing to suggest that they are ruthless, self serving folk with little regard for freedom of speech or freedom of choice. Supporting MLT may be misguided, but is not forgiving the unforgivable.

Abramovich on the other hand, has clear connections to a malign force (Putin) that respects neither freedoms, and is currently demonstrating that amply. He has also used his wealth to prevent journalists either investigating his links to Putin and the sources of his wealth, or talking about it. Nor has he condemned Putin's actions (probably for obvious reasons). The fans that support him are not at all like the fans that support MLT.

Berber, my old friend, one of my many cousins went to prison 30 years ago for a youthful misdemeanour , I have never publicly condemned him, does that somehow make me culpable for his crime too?

PS, thank you for your forgiveness and for not seeing me as self serving and ruthless! Obviously I was all about freedom, so that part seems redundant, but alas I am still misguided......Surely you have rowed back on some of your covid militant views as the truth gradually creeps out??

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 23:39 - Mar 12 with 2966 viewsDorsetIan

Abramovich has been sanctioned for his direct ties to Putin.

The Chelsea fans chanting his name are just ignorant.

They should be ashamed that their success is so directly associated with Putin, and all that he now represents. But, of course, those chanting (of course, not all Chelsea fans) are not interested in that. They just like the trophies.

What’s that Brian Clough line to the Leeds players? „you can take all your winners medals and throw them in the bin, because you’ve got them all by cheating“...

...something similar can be said for Chelsea, just not cheating, association with a totalitarian despot.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 09:22 - Mar 13 with 2894 viewsSaintNick

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 18:25 - Mar 12 by Jellybaby

Berber, my old friend, one of my many cousins went to prison 30 years ago for a youthful misdemeanour , I have never publicly condemned him, does that somehow make me culpable for his crime too?

PS, thank you for your forgiveness and for not seeing me as self serving and ruthless! Obviously I was all about freedom, so that part seems redundant, but alas I am still misguided......Surely you have rowed back on some of your covid militant views as the truth gradually creeps out??

I think the issue with Chelsea fans is not whether Abramovich is connected or not, it is the fact that they are chanting his name to make a statement, the wearing of yellow & blue is a statement of support for Ukraine, to chant Abramovich's name is provocative, the inference is that it is not about showing support for Abramovich, but showing support for Putin.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 19:11 - Mar 13 with 2765 viewsBerber

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 18:25 - Mar 12 by Jellybaby

No. Until the high uptake of vaccination and the advent of the current version, the virus was deadly. The disproportionately high proportion of unvaccinated taking up the CC beds in our hospitals throughout has had a massive, enduring adverse affect both on the NHS as well as on the curtailed treatment of other seriously ill people.

I still think you are all misguided w*nk*rs, but we have a free country where everyone is free to express that freedom of speech and choice. It just doesn't matter quite as much now.

I don't think I have expressed the view that you or anyone should condemn miscreants. Apart from Theresa May, I doubt that there are many people in the country that have not broken the law in some way, and most will have done more than once. My objection was to a poster on here likening someone like you supporting MLT, to the airhole Chelsea supporters supporting Abramovich, who clearly has benefited from Putin's malign power in a collusive way. Openly supporting him is far from remaining silent or condemning him.
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 18:53 - Mar 14 with 2617 viewsJellybaby

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 19:11 - Mar 13 by Berber

No. Until the high uptake of vaccination and the advent of the current version, the virus was deadly. The disproportionately high proportion of unvaccinated taking up the CC beds in our hospitals throughout has had a massive, enduring adverse affect both on the NHS as well as on the curtailed treatment of other seriously ill people.

I still think you are all misguided w*nk*rs, but we have a free country where everyone is free to express that freedom of speech and choice. It just doesn't matter quite as much now.

I don't think I have expressed the view that you or anyone should condemn miscreants. Apart from Theresa May, I doubt that there are many people in the country that have not broken the law in some way, and most will have done more than once. My objection was to a poster on here likening someone like you supporting MLT, to the airhole Chelsea supporters supporting Abramovich, who clearly has benefited from Putin's malign power in a collusive way. Openly supporting him is far from remaining silent or condemning him.

Oh dear Berbs, I give you a way of escape and like a seasoned politician you double down.

The total wrongness of lockdowns and coercive vaccinations (especially an experimental one to kids that has side effects) is so evident it hardly needs discussing. The truth is coming out, time to re-position yourself and quickly.

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 08:19 - Mar 15 with 2532 viewsGasGiant

There seem to be a lot of people on here who couldn't be bothered to watch the Panorama programme of Abravovitch and his closeness to Putin. The idea that corruption on the scale of billions does not result in murders (or as a result of murder) is ridiculous. I find it amusing that people get more worked up on here over the cost of a duck house than the fact that Putin personally arranged for his penniless friend to be lent (ie given) over $150m of Russian money to buy Sibneft - an energy company that he later sold back to the State for $13 billion, and gave Putin half the laundered profit. This of course was after a delegation of Chinese Counter bidders were mysteriously kidnapped at Moscow Airport by the MSB until the auction concluded. Just unrelated coincidence though. And that is just the tip of a stinking iceberg of corruption. But hey let's just enjoy some of the garbage exonerating comments on here though we'll have to assume the posters have just woken from a 30 year coma and imagine that he's just a lucky businessman who never hurt a fly in his life. .
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 10:10 - Mar 15 with 2489 viewssaint901

I'm sure that many Chelsea fans are appalled by the war mongering of Putin.

There is little doubt that RA benefited hugely from Putin and used the ill gotten gains from that relationship to build Chelsea into a top club.

Nonetheless, invading a sovereign territory is a whole new level of wrong.

Those Chelsea fans who obviously think RA is somebody to be celebrated in their club are either terminally stupid or wind up merchants. I favour the former.

The world has turned. We see Putin and his buddies in a new light. The new reality (in fact the old reality but now exposed to a new light) is that Putin and all his contacts are toxic to 90% of the world.

It would be a justice if Chelsea, stripped of the £75m a year from RA, slipped into the lower leagues - but I might say the same for all the nouveau riche clubs who use money from dodgy regimes to sportswash their reputations.

However, life is rarely fair and I see the fashionable West End club becoming the plaything of a more acceptable Western billionaire (who perhaps merely uses child labour from the Indian sub continent to make his fortune).
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 18:58 - Mar 15 with 2419 viewsJellybaby

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 10:10 - Mar 15 by saint901

I'm sure that many Chelsea fans are appalled by the war mongering of Putin.

There is little doubt that RA benefited hugely from Putin and used the ill gotten gains from that relationship to build Chelsea into a top club.

Nonetheless, invading a sovereign territory is a whole new level of wrong.

Those Chelsea fans who obviously think RA is somebody to be celebrated in their club are either terminally stupid or wind up merchants. I favour the former.

The world has turned. We see Putin and his buddies in a new light. The new reality (in fact the old reality but now exposed to a new light) is that Putin and all his contacts are toxic to 90% of the world.

It would be a justice if Chelsea, stripped of the £75m a year from RA, slipped into the lower leagues - but I might say the same for all the nouveau riche clubs who use money from dodgy regimes to sportswash their reputations.

However, life is rarely fair and I see the fashionable West End club becoming the plaything of a more acceptable Western billionaire (who perhaps merely uses child labour from the Indian sub continent to make his fortune).

I think your last point is the most salient, the super rich are usually compromised in some way, a light has been shone on RA but it could equally be shone on so many billionaires. Who knows about our previous chairman, for some reason China is being given a free pass despite Hong Kong, Taiwan and supposedly unleashing Covid on the world. Our views are too often dictated to by the flow of information, that flow of information is decided by the powers that be......

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 09:10 - Mar 16 with 2343 viewssaints__fan__73

If a Russian owner had taken over our club and taken us from decades of mediocrity to winning the PL, FA Cup and CL multiple times but then was forced to sell the club due to the invasion of Ukraine I'm sure many of our fans would be shouting his name too.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 11:49 - Mar 16 with 2290 viewssaint901

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 09:10 - Mar 16 by saints__fan__73

If a Russian owner had taken over our club and taken us from decades of mediocrity to winning the PL, FA Cup and CL multiple times but then was forced to sell the club due to the invasion of Ukraine I'm sure many of our fans would be shouting his name too.

I'd like to think that our fans - all fans - would realise that what we like to support is a GAME.

War is not a game and people are dying.

I'd like to think therefore that fans would put a human catastrophe before a GAME that ultimately means very little when measured against a war.

I'd like to think that - but I can't.

I agree that some will put allegiance to a club playing a GAME above a remote and impersonal WAR going on thousands of miles away.

So I understand the reaction of some Chelsea fans (who I consider to be borderline sociopaths but without the intelligence associated with that sub type) but roundly detest them for their actions.
Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 09:25 - Mar 17 with 2214 viewsdirk_doone

On their way to another European title unless their fans get them banned first:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/chelsea-fans-tear-gassed-by-french-police-a
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 9:33]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Chelsea Fans Still Chanting Abramovich Name on 10:17 - Mar 17 with 2184 viewsPaleRider

I hate the whining of supporters saying "the club shouldn't get punished for the actions of the owner" - tell that to fans of Bury ... or any other club that has gone into liquidation or administration. I have no sympathy for Chelsea or their fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024