Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Frothing At The Mouth News 08:34 - Aug 9 with 1951 viewsSaintNick

Ill put the cat among the pigeons by suggesting that Conor Coady signing for Everton on loan will set a few of our supporters into meltdown.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:41 - Aug 9 with 1846 viewsdirk_doone

Not really. I think we all already knew that at 29 he wouldn't have enough resale value for our owners. If he'd been 10 years younger, we might have signed him though.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:49 - Aug 9 with 1820 viewsPatfromPoole

TBF Nick, you are the one who most of all says on here that we need an experienced CB.

What’s Yoshida up to?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:50 - Aug 9 with 1820 viewsSaintNick

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:41 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

Not really. I think we all already knew that at 29 he wouldn't have enough resale value for our owners. If he'd been 10 years younger, we might have signed him though.

How would we have had a resale value for a loan signing ?

First case of frothing at the mouth before actually checking the facts, very unlike you Dirk who usually are very methodical in your arguments.

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:51 - Aug 9 with 1817 viewsSaintNick

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:49 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

TBF Nick, you are the one who most of all says on here that we need an experienced CB.

What’s Yoshida up to?

I long for the days when I was lambasted for saying that Yoshida and Stephens weren't up to it, i was proved right on that one.

We do need an experienced central defender I have been saying that for almost 5 years now

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:53 - Aug 9 with 1815 viewsdirk_doone

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:50 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

How would we have had a resale value for a loan signing ?

First case of frothing at the mouth before actually checking the facts, very unlike you Dirk who usually are very methodical in your arguments.

We take 19-year-olds on loan in the hope that we can turn them into a permanent transfer at the end of the loan period. That's how.

Unlike Brighton, for example, we are first and foremost a sustainable business so why on earth would we sign an older player we can't sell to another Premier League club if he turns out to be any good? How are poor Brighton going to be able to sell Dunk, Lallana and Welbeck? Anyone would think their owner is only interested in his football team, not a sustainable business model.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 11:21]

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:57 - Aug 9 with 1802 viewsSaintNick

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:53 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

We take 19-year-olds on loan in the hope that we can turn them into a permanent transfer at the end of the loan period. That's how.

Unlike Brighton, for example, we are first and foremost a sustainable business so why on earth would we sign an older player we can't sell to another Premier League club if he turns out to be any good? How are poor Brighton going to be able to sell Dunk, Lallana and Welbeck? Anyone would think their owner is only interested in his football team, not a sustainable business model.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 11:21]

That wasn't the equation though here was it, in terms of taking 19 year olds on loan yes we take a chance on that, but we should also look at the older end of the scale.

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:03 - Aug 9 with 1787 viewsButty101

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:51 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

I long for the days when I was lambasted for saying that Yoshida and Stephens weren't up to it, i was proved right on that one.

We do need an experienced central defender I have been saying that for almost 5 years now

Yes Nick you are the only one who ever thought yoshida and Stephens were crap ffs….

That said I would have yoshida over any of our current centrebacks thsts how bad we are

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:06 - Aug 9 with 1776 viewsdirk_doone

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:57 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

That wasn't the equation though here was it, in terms of taking 19 year olds on loan yes we take a chance on that, but we should also look at the older end of the scale.

Exactly, we're on the same page now, Nick. Yes, I did know Everton had taken Coady on loan at the same time as everybody else.

Login to get fewer ads

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:08 - Aug 9 with 1763 viewsSaintNick

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:06 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

Exactly, we're on the same page now, Nick. Yes, I did know Everton had taken Coady on loan at the same time as everybody else.

We have always been on the same page, I have been saying for at least 5 years that we need experience as well as youngsters

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:14 - Aug 9 with 1729 viewsdirk_doone

One of the signings I was happiest about in all my decades supporting Saints was a central defender from Wolves. I was over the moon when we signed Dean Richards and couldn't believe that Wolves would let him go.

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:18 - Aug 9 with 1718 viewsSaintNick

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:14 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

One of the signings I was happiest about in all my decades supporting Saints was a central defender from Wolves. I was over the moon when we signed Dean Richards and couldn't believe that Wolves would let him go.

They had no other choice but to let him go he was out of contract, he wasn't popular with Wolves fans for that, he became even less popular with us two years later

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:29 - Aug 9 with 1703 viewsSonicBoom

I just hope we did at least try for Coady. He would seem to me to be the absolutely perfect guy for what we need. A decent player, a good leader and plenty of PL experience.
Whether he just didn't fancy us, then that's a different story but I hope we tried.
Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:41 - Aug 9 with 1689 viewssaint68

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 08:51 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

And in a nutshell you've proved how useless Ralph Hassenhutl is....

4yrs and he still hasn't sussed that glaringly obvious fact...

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 10:34 - Aug 9 with 1626 viewskingslandstand1

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:29 - Aug 9 by SonicBoom

I just hope we did at least try for Coady. He would seem to me to be the absolutely perfect guy for what we need. A decent player, a good leader and plenty of PL experience.
Whether he just didn't fancy us, then that's a different story but I hope we tried.

Love the optimism and wouldn't it be great if a statement of some sort came out to say that we did but we weren't prepared to pay the salary or something as we have a policy that we won't break

What was really galling at the weekend was that 2 of the favourites to go back down again had decent results although one of the manager's of said club was running his squad down! And then the other south coast team pulled off another decent result. Ok Utd are not as scary as they used to be but what happened to their new nanager syndrome
Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 12:27 - Aug 9 with 1497 viewsTripleNiemi

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 09:14 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

Do you think Deano (RIP) would scrape into our current back 4 (or whatever system we are going with this week) or would he struggle to dislodge Bednarek?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 12:34 - Aug 9 with 1492 viewsPatfromPoole

Today's Frothing At The Mouth News on 12:27 - Aug 9 by TripleNiemi

Do you think Deano (RIP) would scrape into our current back 4 (or whatever system we are going with this week) or would he struggle to dislodge Bednarek?

I think a dead Dean Richards couldn’t be a whole heap worse.

Apologies for lack of human decency.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024