Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pontius Pilate 12:03 - Oct 2 with 1868 viewsDorsetIan

The mood seems to have changed. Can't find a good word said about Ralph on Twitter and there are fewer and fewer posts on here supporting him.

And as we all wait for Nick's match report, the only question now is whether he will finally give Ralph the thumbs down, or whether we are going to read another exercise in finding silver linings in the nimbostratus.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Pontius Pilate on 12:52 - Oct 2 with 1764 views1885_SFC

The problem with Ralph & Saints is that we're typically likely to go to The Etihad next week and put in a gutsy, battling performance and come away with a point. Fans and the media will sing our praises... which will earn Ralph plaudits and keep him in the job for a few more weeks. Even when we lose the following games to teams in the lower half of the league, that point at City will, somehow, keep the Teflon-coated Austrian in his job for the foreseeable future.

It's like an endless cycle of predictability.

Old School is Cool

Pontius Pilate on 13:04 - Oct 2 with 1744 viewsDorsetIan

Pontius Pilate on 12:52 - Oct 2 by 1885_SFC

The problem with Ralph & Saints is that we're typically likely to go to The Etihad next week and put in a gutsy, battling performance and come away with a point. Fans and the media will sing our praises... which will earn Ralph plaudits and keep him in the job for a few more weeks. Even when we lose the following games to teams in the lower half of the league, that point at City will, somehow, keep the Teflon-coated Austrian in his job for the foreseeable future.

Spot on about the endless cycle of predictability and how we are mugged off every time by the occassional storming result against a top 6 side.

The only flaw in your argument is a 6ft 4 Norwegian. We are not going to steal a point at The Eithad.

Pontius Pilate on 13:14 - Oct 2 with 1723 viewsdarthvader

Pontius Pilate on 13:04 - Oct 2 by DorsetIan

Spot on about the endless cycle of predictability and how we are mugged off every time by the occassional storming result against a top 6 side.

The only flaw in your argument is a 6ft 4 Norwegian. We are not going to steal a point at The Eithad.

Even Redmond can't save us up there .

The only thing I'm hoping for at this moment, is not an absolute maulling oop the north

keep the faith coyr

Pontius Pilate on 13:23 - Oct 2 with 1708 views1885_SFC

Pontius Pilate on 13:04 - Oct 2 by DorsetIan

I'm hoping today's game against their near neighbours sees him get a red card... or a muscle injury... or Russia invades the United Kingdom during the week.

Old School is Cool

Pontius Pilate on 14:18 - Oct 2 with 1609 viewskingslandstand1

Pontius Pilate on 13:23 - Oct 2 by 1885_SFC

I'm hoping today's game against their near neighbours sees him get a red card... or a muscle injury... or Russia invades the United Kingdom during the week.

That last one may be a bit extreme but all I am hoping for is that it is kept to single figures next week
Pontius Pilate on 14:19 - Oct 2 with 1604 viewssaintwizzler

Yes this has happened before.
People forget about losing to shit like Watford, Newcastle, Burnley and Norwich.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Pontius Pilate on 14:21 - Oct 2 with 1600 viewskingslandstand1

You are right about the occasional decent result/run of results giving him a reprieve, I mean he was even mentioned in the betting as an OGS replacement at United last season

Also strange that he doesn't walk round the ground after a loss to acknowledge to crowd in the same way he does after a win - wonder why?
Pontius Pilate on 14:43 - Oct 2 with 1550 viewsDorsetIan

Pontius Pilate on 14:19 - Oct 2 by saintwizzler

Yes this has happened before.
People forget about losing to shit like Watford, Newcastle, Burnley and Norwich.

Yes. The 2-1 defeat away Norwich last season came after a run of 10 points from 12 games.

And the subsequent three defeats in a row (sound familiar) at Villa and home to Newcastle and Watford came after we'd actually looked like a solid team for once with wins at home to Everton and Norwich.

He can't build a team. It's a simple as that for me.

Login to get fewer ads

Pontius Pilate on 15:04 - Oct 2 with 1511 viewssaintwizzler

Pontius Pilate on 14:43 - Oct 2 by DorsetIan

Yes. The 2-1 defeat away Norwich last season came after a run of 10 points from 12 games.

And the subsequent three defeats in a row (sound familiar) at Villa and home to Newcastle and Watford came after we'd actually looked like a solid team for once with wins at home to Everton and Norwich.

Do any of those millionaires in the dressing room really take a blind bit of notice of what he says?
Fûck me you can’t understand what he says in interviews let alone team talks.

He said “shit” at the fans forum and everyone laughed though.
GET HIM A CONTRACT EXTENSION.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Pontius Pilate on 15:45 - Oct 2 with 1451 viewsA1079

No matter what happens next week, there is no hiding the facts:-

- we have just lost 3 games in a row against distinctly average or even poor sides;
- we have not gained a single point against those 3 sides;
- we have not kept a clean sheet all season;
- our conversion rate in goals is appalling.

If Nick's delayed report (have you noticed it is always delayed when we lose) suggests fans need to look at the bigger picture then I am not sure what the last 3 games tell us other than we either have a team that is now so low in quality that it simply cannot compete any more against the most average of sides or we have a manager and coaching team that is not up to the job - or maybe it is a bit of both.

Everyone could see before the season started that we had 2 problems - defence and attack - some effort has been made on the former - though we still concede every game and the lack of investment in the latter was or is blind negligence which beggars belief. Che Adams and A Armstrong for all their effort and hard work are not prolific or clinical scorers who are going to turn our season around.
Pontius Pilate on 16:03 - Oct 2 with 1406 viewssledger

Pontius Pilate on 14:21 - Oct 2 by kingslandstand1

You are right about the occasional decent result/run of results giving him a reprieve, I mean he was even mentioned in the betting as an OGS replacement at United last season

Also strange that he doesn't walk round the ground after a loss to acknowledge to crowd in the same way he does after a win - wonder why?

hes the first fu*cker down the tunnel
Pontius Pilate on 18:11 - Oct 2 with 1245 viewsCapt_Koons

He's got to go. He's had a fair crack of the whip, but there is no progress being made, we're just treading water. In his defence he's not been helped by some dodgy recruitment, but it's definitely time for change.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Pontius Pilate on 10:13 - Oct 3 with 925 viewsSaintNick

I am quite happy for you to write an article for this site as to why you think Hasenhuttl should be sacked and more importantly who would replace him.

As I have always maintained, before you do something like sacking a manager make sure that you have the right replacement lined up.

I look forward to your reasoned article

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Pontius Pilate on 10:29 - Oct 3 with 912 viewsDorsetIan

Pontius Pilate on 10:13 - Oct 3 by SaintNick

I am quite happy for you to write an article for this site as to why you think Hasenhuttl should be sacked and more importantly who would replace him.

As I have always maintained, before you do something like sacking a manager make sure that you have the right replacement lined up.

I look forward to your reasoned article

It doesn't work like that, Nick.

Managers are sacked when they don't perform and then the club looks for a new one. (Or maybe they start looking before they pull the trigger).

And it's not the job of the supporters to be across the management market so that they can identify someone better. We're watching Saints and this manager, not scouting across the European leagues. That doesn't mean we're not entitled to come to a conclusion on this manager.

And, yes, the next manager may be even worse. It happens a lot in football. But if they are then they can be sacked too. And in the meantime we need a bit of hope.

We have an ownership now who, according to many on here, are knowledgable football people. I'm happy for them to choose us a new manager.

And I'll turn it on its head. You said in your match report that you don't think the time is right for Ralph to go. Is that just because you are worried we might appoint someone worse or do you actually have faith that things are going to change for the better under him? Most of us can see his fatal flaws, and can see the same things happening every season with little or no progress being made.

Pontius Pilate on 10:41 - Oct 3 with 902 viewskingolaf

Blimey Nick. I remember when the uglies were at the front of the Branfoot red card campaign. Yet week after week you continue to defend Ralph.

It’s getting to be a bit of a joke to be honest.
Pontius Pilate on 11:45 - Oct 3 with 857 views1885_SFC

Wolves were shocking the last few weeks of last season & just as terrible this season. They've won just once this season - against us, embarrassingly enough (what does that tell you?) - and after that run of just one win in fifteen games, Wolves have sacked their manager.

I like Ralph as a person. He's a likable, decent fella who's heart is in the right place & I would buy the bloke a beer if he ever popped into my local, no question.

But sometimes in life, especially in the world of football, being 'nice' only carries so much weight. To coin an old phrase; football is a results-driven business - and on that issue alone, and having had more than a fair crack of the whip, it's time for him to go.

Old School is Cool

Pontius Pilate on 11:51 - Oct 3 with 851 viewsSaintNick

Pontius Pilate on 10:29 - Oct 3 by DorsetIan

It doesn't work like that, Nick.

Managers are sacked when they don't perform and then the club looks for a new one. (Or maybe they start looking before they pull the trigger).

And it's not the job of the supporters to be across the management market so that they can identify someone better. We're watching Saints and this manager, not scouting across the European leagues. That doesn't mean we're not entitled to come to a conclusion on this manager.

And, yes, the next manager may be even worse. It happens a lot in football. But if they are then they can be sacked too. And in the meantime we need a bit of hope.

We have an ownership now who, according to many on here, are knowledgable football people. I'm happy for them to choose us a new manager.

And I'll turn it on its head. You said in your match report that you don't think the time is right for Ralph to go. Is that just because you are worried we might appoint someone worse or do you actually have faith that things are going to change for the better under him? Most of us can see his fatal flaws, and can see the same things happening every season with little or no progress being made.

You are right managers are sacked when they dont perform, they are judged on the job that the club needs them to do, ie if you at Chelsea you have to be winning things and at Saints that mean between 9th and 17th.

So if we are judging Ralph at present then over the past four years and even now he is performing to the required level this season as it stands 16th.

If we had won on Saturday then we would have been 11th would that have made him a better manager ? Would you be willing to have given him a break if he had, if he had actually won the last three games would your opinion of him be any different ? I would suggest not

So as it stands the past three games haven't been good, but as has been said the time to judge him will be at the break for the World cup in a months time.

To say it is not the supporters job to suggest a better manager is a cop out, if it is not in your remit to suggest an alternative manager then it isn't your job to demand one be sacked either.

I'm possibly sticking up for Ralph more than i might, but I'm doing so because having done a good job he is still the subject of a witch hunt, for some he will never be the man for Saints whatever he does, the fact that you admit that you just want him sacked evidences him that .

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but please back up that opinion with what you see as the facts, don't just blindly demand a sacking, look where that got us with Claude Puel.

Your only answer seem to be if we get worse we sack him too and then we can sack another if he doesn't work out, that is a recipe for disaster.

If you are happy for the new owners to choose a manager, then be happy if what they choose is to stick with Ralph.

I can see us being better under Ralph, you say you can see the same things happening every season, you give no credit for the 3 years he has had to keep us up on a shoestring and done so with room to spare, there are three clubs every season who wish they had a manager with a fatal flaw like that.

You give him no leeway to gel his squad together after a summer of ins & outs, you demand instant results.

I have hope that things can get better as the season progresses, he has better players to work with now, but they need experience, on Saturday he was caught between a rock and a hard place, for instance does he go for experience at left back in Perraud, does he go for a more attacking player in Djenepo or does he go for inexperienced youth & quality in Larios.

Ralph Hasenhuttl is not the worst performing manager in the premier League this season in terms of what a manager should be achieving at a club, Liverpool, Villa, West Ham, Palace , Leicester, & Forest could all have managers who are underperforming far worse than Hasenhuttl.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Pontius Pilate on 12:14 - Oct 3 with 841 viewsDorsetIan

Pontius Pilate on 11:51 - Oct 3 by SaintNick

You are right managers are sacked when they dont perform, they are judged on the job that the club needs them to do, ie if you at Chelsea you have to be winning things and at Saints that mean between 9th and 17th.

So if we are judging Ralph at present then over the past four years and even now he is performing to the required level this season as it stands 16th.

If we had won on Saturday then we would have been 11th would that have made him a better manager ? Would you be willing to have given him a break if he had, if he had actually won the last three games would your opinion of him be any different ? I would suggest not

So as it stands the past three games haven't been good, but as has been said the time to judge him will be at the break for the World cup in a months time.

To say it is not the supporters job to suggest a better manager is a cop out, if it is not in your remit to suggest an alternative manager then it isn't your job to demand one be sacked either.

I'm possibly sticking up for Ralph more than i might, but I'm doing so because having done a good job he is still the subject of a witch hunt, for some he will never be the man for Saints whatever he does, the fact that you admit that you just want him sacked evidences him that .

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but please back up that opinion with what you see as the facts, don't just blindly demand a sacking, look where that got us with Claude Puel.

Your only answer seem to be if we get worse we sack him too and then we can sack another if he doesn't work out, that is a recipe for disaster.

If you are happy for the new owners to choose a manager, then be happy if what they choose is to stick with Ralph.

I can see us being better under Ralph, you say you can see the same things happening every season, you give no credit for the 3 years he has had to keep us up on a shoestring and done so with room to spare, there are three clubs every season who wish they had a manager with a fatal flaw like that.

You give him no leeway to gel his squad together after a summer of ins & outs, you demand instant results.

I have hope that things can get better as the season progresses, he has better players to work with now, but they need experience, on Saturday he was caught between a rock and a hard place, for instance does he go for experience at left back in Perraud, does he go for a more attacking player in Djenepo or does he go for inexperienced youth & quality in Larios.

Ralph Hasenhuttl is not the worst performing manager in the premier League this season in terms of what a manager should be achieving at a club, Liverpool, Villa, West Ham, Palace , Leicester, & Forest could all have managers who are underperforming far worse than Hasenhuttl.

It's not the supporters' job to suggest a better manager. And it's silly to say that it's a cop out not to.

It's not just the last 3 games that haven't been good. We've lost 14 out of the 20 PL games. Ralph loses a lot of games. A lot.

But the real issue is that there have been so many false dawns under his management. Great spells followed by periods of absolute dross and to have a great win against Chelsea followed by these three losses, just drums home the fact that it is always going to be like this under him and it is at best wishful thinking to believe otherwise.

But you are to be commended for your optimism - I'll give you that !!

Pontius Pilate on 17:15 - Oct 3 with 760 viewskingolaf

Pontius Pilate on 11:51 - Oct 3 by SaintNick

Absolute horsesh*t
Pontius Pilate on 18:13 - Oct 3 with 724 viewssaint22

Pontius Pilate on 14:43 - Oct 2 by DorsetIan

He doesn't know his best team
Has he actually ever played the same 11 two games running.....?

Its the endless repetition of the same mistakes that gets me, he will never learn
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024