Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. 16:23 - Oct 26 with 4385 viewsGRIM

It's noticeable that all of the hype calling for Ralph to go has gone quiet.
I was one of the Ralph must go campaigners so I'm keeping quiet as well.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 17:11 - Oct 26 with 2959 viewsRon11

Until he bizarrely fu cks it all up again
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 17:32 - Oct 26 with 2930 viewsfranniesTache

I still think Ralph should go, as i have done for about two seasons now, despite a slight upturn in results the performances have been poor (one half against Arsenal aside).

But i don't expect him to go until the world cup break at the very earliest and perhaps not even then, so there's little point shouting in the wind about it.

I also find the Ralph over Southampton cult bizarre, I honestly can't think of a single manager who's been so heavily protected from criticism as Ralph has, and it almost defies logic how much people will go through mental gymnastics to avoid criticising him, and how much they'll attack others for pointing out he's really not that great.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 17:33 - Oct 26 with 2929 viewsfelly1

I was at the open training session today with my lad.
Ralph was very much in charge of it but it was noticeable that he never stood or spoke with the other coaches who just stood around watching.
Two best bits was Salisu and Bazunu got into a heated exchange and the other players had to step in.
Got to meet all the players afterwards.
Have to say Romeo Lavia was the friendliest guy and looked genuinely happy to meet the fans. He told me he should be back for the Newcastle game.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 18:01 - Oct 26 with 2895 viewsGRIM

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 17:33 - Oct 26 by felly1

Ralph was very much in charge of it but it was noticeable that he never stood or spoke with the other coaches who just stood around watching.
Two best bits was Salisu and Bazunu got into a heated exchange and the other players had to step in.
Have to say Romeo Lavia was the friendliest guy and looked genuinely happy to meet the fans. He told me he should be back for the Newcastle game.

Bazuna shouting at his team mates, love it.
Despite his young age it shows he's not intimidated by his more experienced team mates.
Just what we need a confident vocal keeper.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 18:41 - Oct 26 with 2816 viewssaint22

clearly he has been given until the WC break
3 decent results between now and then IE no poor performances and/or 3 defeats and maybe he stays on
I think he should go whatever
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 18:48 - Oct 26 with 2802 viewsElijahK

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 17:32 - Oct 26 by franniesTache

I still think Ralph should go, as i have done for about two seasons now, despite a slight upturn in results the performances have been poor (one half against Arsenal aside).

But i don't expect him to go until the world cup break at the very earliest and perhaps not even then, so there's little point shouting in the wind about it.

I also find the Ralph over Southampton cult bizarre, I honestly can't think of a single manager who's been so heavily protected from criticism as Ralph has, and it almost defies logic how much people will go through mental gymnastics to avoid criticising him, and how much they'll attack others for pointing out he's really not that great.

He’s had more protection than others due to the fact that all the previous managers we’ve had since coming up have ether been great but then left us for another team (so never got any criticism in the first place as they only did well with us) or have been completely rubbish where basically everyone’s wanted them out, as they’ve been poor, shown no passion and had no previous runs to show any loyalty from.

But even then there were many defending Adkins when he was doing poor, so it’s not like it’s just been Ralph who’s had it.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 19:41 - Oct 26 with 2774 viewsRon11

Not surprised he never spoke to or stood with the other coaches. He seems to believe he is a tactical master, but he had to listen to them against Arsenal.
His arrogance with nothing to back it up will be his downfall.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 20:01 - Oct 26 with 2748 viewskingslandstand1

Did it not after the Chelsea game as well?
Login to get fewer ads

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 22:45 - Oct 26 with 2605 viewsElijahK

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 19:41 - Oct 26 by Ron11

Not surprised he never spoke to or stood with the other coaches. He seems to believe he is a tactical master, but he had to listen to them against Arsenal.
His arrogance with nothing to back it up will be his downfall.

Same old Ron I see!
So yeah of course it’s the assistant coaches that make us play great in the second half where he’s clearly listened to them when we played well in that second half, so can’t get any praise for that as it’s the other coaches that changed it.
But when we loose and perform poor against Villa or Everton and any changes don't work out, then that’s just completely down to Ralph’s Dan has nothing to do with the assistants whatsoever!

As I get that many will use whatever they can to try and show their case for getting Ralph out/in, but what your saying is just straight up stupid and arrogant. As by that logic no matter what we do your always gonna criticise Ralph and praise the assistants, which is just nonsense.

As by your logic, how do we not know that it’s vice versa and that the other coaches were the ones who made the tactics for the first half against arsenal and against Villa, Everton etc… and that Ralph was the one who took over for the Bournemouth, West Ham and second half of the arsenal games then?

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 07:54 - Oct 27 with 2474 viewssaintwizzler

Leicester, Leeds, Wolves and Forest have hard games this weekend so it’s a chance to put some daylight between us and them.

Lyanco needs to stay on the pitch.

Looking ahead we have Newcastle and Liverpool. Difficult.

Let’s see where we are in the table at 18:30 on 13th November.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 08:59 - Oct 27 with 2447 viewsRon11

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 22:45 - Oct 26 by ElijahK

Same old Ron I see!
So yeah of course it’s the assistant coaches that make us play great in the second half where he’s clearly listened to them when we played well in that second half, so can’t get any praise for that as it’s the other coaches that changed it.
But when we loose and perform poor against Villa or Everton and any changes don't work out, then that’s just completely down to Ralph’s Dan has nothing to do with the assistants whatsoever!

As I get that many will use whatever they can to try and show their case for getting Ralph out/in, but what your saying is just straight up stupid and arrogant. As by that logic no matter what we do your always gonna criticise Ralph and praise the assistants, which is just nonsense.

As by your logic, how do we not know that it’s vice versa and that the other coaches were the ones who made the tactics for the first half against arsenal and against Villa, Everton etc… and that Ralph was the one who took over for the Bournemouth, West Ham and second half of the arsenal games then?

Purely observation.
During the Arsenal game there was virtually no verbal communication between him and the coaches. They went a goal down and true to form, he turned his back and stomped off shaking his head. At the start of the second half, the coaches were vocal, and things changed. He realised that he has to listen to some advice, and it works.
They have jobs they want to keep as well.
My logic is founded on the far too many disastrous team selections, tactics and pointless substitutions mad by him before they even arrived at Saints, and the fact that he ignores them at training sessions only underlines the fact that he still regards coaches opinions as a last resort.
If anyone's stupid and arrogant it's Hassenhutl.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 09:03 - Oct 27 with 2439 viewsButty101

He Still has to go for me, unbeaten in 3 games but its been more luck and VAR than Judgement.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 10:51 - Oct 27 with 2373 viewsGRIM

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 08:59 - Oct 27 by Ron11

Purely observation.
During the Arsenal game there was virtually no verbal communication between him and the coaches. They went a goal down and true to form, he turned his back and stomped off shaking his head. At the start of the second half, the coaches were vocal, and things changed. He realised that he has to listen to some advice, and it works.
They have jobs they want to keep as well.
My logic is founded on the far too many disastrous team selections, tactics and pointless substitutions mad by him before they even arrived at Saints, and the fact that he ignores them at training sessions only underlines the fact that he still regards coaches opinions as a last resort.
If anyone's stupid and arrogant it's Hassenhutl.

It's become apparent that Ralph doesn't respect other people's opinions.
Top managers / coaches all work with & value the input of their assistants.
His arrogance could be his downfall.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 11:23 - Oct 27 with 2350 viewsRon11

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 10:51 - Oct 27 by GRIM

It's become apparent that Ralph doesn't respect other people's opinions.
Top managers / coaches all work with & value the input of their assistants.
His arrogance could be his downfall.

I agree, but when I express that opinion on here, as you can see above, that opinion is dismissed as stupid and arrogant. Quite a few of the Hasenhüttl apologists resort to childish name calling when someone dares to have an opposing view.
A bit like the man himself.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 11:27 - Oct 27 with 2345 viewsSaintNick

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 11:23 - Oct 27 by Ron11

I agree, but when I express that opinion on here, as you can see above, that opinion is dismissed as stupid and arrogant. Quite a few of the Hasenhüttl apologists resort to childish name calling when someone dares to have an opposing view.

Isn't calling someone a "Hasenhuttl Apologist" somewhat arrogant in dismissing their opinion as wrong and yours as right.

I find that the Hasenhuttl supporters tend to spend most of their time trying to give opinions as to why he is the man for the job whilst those against him just demand his sacking with snidey remarks such as Hasentgotaclue etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 11:52 - Oct 27 with 2314 viewsButty101

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 11:27 - Oct 27 by SaintNick

Isn't calling someone a "Hasenhuttl Apologist" somewhat arrogant in dismissing their opinion as wrong and yours as right.

I find that the Hasenhuttl supporters tend to spend most of their time trying to give opinions as to why he is the man for the job whilst those against him just demand his sacking with snidey remarks such as Hasentgotaclue etc

I guess that depends on what side of the fence you sit. If you read Rons prevoius message on this thread, it talked Ralphs communication.

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 12:39 - Oct 27 with 2275 viewsRon11

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 11:27 - Oct 27 by SaintNick

It’s my opinion. Others have theirs, but I have never labelled anyone else’s opinion as stupid or arrogant just because it differs from mine, and while we’re at it, I ‘be not referred to him as ‘Hassentaclue’ or any other derogatory term , but I defend my right to label some as ‘apologists’ (which is neither arrogant or abusive) when they cannot tolerate most criticism of the man.
A question- remove all the new coaches from the club and save some money, leaving it all up to Hassenhutl on the touch line. How would that affect the results?
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 12:41 - Oct 27 with 2273 viewssaint68

It's a results business..he's doing what's required currently, but go on another disastrous
run and add bizarre line ups and substitutions then we'll be reminded that he just doesn't learn...the Everton West ham arsenal games this season have reaped far less points than last season...so its not all Rosie in the Gartèn

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 14:11 - Oct 27 with 2192 viewsStAnt

That bit about the other coaches strikes me as very weird. Why would Ralph run a training session during which he not only doesn't speak with his other coaches but he doesn't even stand with them? This smacks of him doing everything his way and ignoring coaches appointed by SR. The bloke comes across as an autocrat.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 15:13 - Oct 27 with 2149 viewsRon11

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 14:11 - Oct 27 by StAnt

That bit about the other coaches strikes me as very weird. Why would Ralph run a training session during which he not only doesn't speak with his other coaches but he doesn't even stand with them? This smacks of him doing everything his way and ignoring coaches appointed by SR. The bloke comes across as an autocrat.

Sometimes with autocrats they don't like taking any advice from their lofty perch until things start to go badly wrong and then they have to listen to the input from others.
I did wonder why Danny Rohl suddenl uppedy went back to Germany....before the 18 - 0 humiliations.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 15:39 - Oct 27 with 2113 viewsElijahK

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 11:23 - Oct 27 by Ron11

Well no it’s not that whatsoever, it’s just by your logic, no one knows if it’s vice versa like I previously stated. As you say there’s no communication l, but as someone who’s site in the Itchen, Ralph’s always out there in the technical area and is quite frequently shouting out to players instructions.
As you don’t have any evidence to prove your point, as your point doesn’t work. As you say Ralph’s all quiet and never listens to anyone else etc… but you don’t know that, and that’s a fact (just the same for me).
As unless your someone who works for Southamptons first team mens, or has mates who do, then what your saying has as much evidence to be proven right as a flat earthers does! As you both THINK something just based on one or two things that could mean anything, but you just automatically assume it must back what you think.

As like I said before, by your logic, how do we know that Ralph’s been the one who changes up the second half for the arsenal game as well as the Bournemouth and West Ham ones, and that the assistants were the ones who did all the stuff for the Villa, Everton and first half of the Arsenal game? As if you can provide some stone hard evidence then fair enough, but so far the only “evidence” you’ve provided is something that I (as well as anyone else who sits close enough to hear the dug outs) knows is complete nonsense.
But look you provide that evidence and then yeah you’ll be right and I’ll be wrong, but until then you don’t seem to have any evidence whatsoever
[Post edited 27 Oct 2022 15:42]

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 16:31 - Oct 27 with 2105 viewsRon11

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 15:39 - Oct 27 by ElijahK

Well no it’s not that whatsoever, it’s just by your logic, no one knows if it’s vice versa like I previously stated. As you say there’s no communication l, but as someone who’s site in the Itchen, Ralph’s always out there in the technical area and is quite frequently shouting out to players instructions.
As you don’t have any evidence to prove your point, as your point doesn’t work. As you say Ralph’s all quiet and never listens to anyone else etc… but you don’t know that, and that’s a fact (just the same for me).
As unless your someone who works for Southamptons first team mens, or has mates who do, then what your saying has as much evidence to be proven right as a flat earthers does! As you both THINK something just based on one or two things that could mean anything, but you just automatically assume it must back what you think.

As like I said before, by your logic, how do we know that Ralph’s been the one who changes up the second half for the arsenal game as well as the Bournemouth and West Ham ones, and that the assistants were the ones who did all the stuff for the Villa, Everton and first half of the Arsenal game? As if you can provide some stone hard evidence then fair enough, but so far the only “evidence” you’ve provided is something that I (as well as anyone else who sits close enough to hear the dug outs) knows is complete nonsense.
But look you provide that evidence and then yeah you’ll be right and I’ll be wrong, but until then you don’t seem to have any evidence whatsoever

We'll see.
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 16:31 - Oct 27 with 2104 viewsBazza

A BBC spot vote on whether Palace will finish above the Saints has 87% saying yes! So that is not a favourable judgement of the manager’s ability and the team!
Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 16:33 - Oct 27 with 2102 viewsButty101

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 15:39 - Oct 27 by ElijahK

Jesus does Nick Pay you by the letter

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 17:17 - Oct 27 with 2078 viewsRon11

Ralph must go, we've all gone quiet. on 16:33 - Oct 27 by Butty101

Jesus does Nick Pay you by the letter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024