Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game 15:12 - Feb 24 with 2248 viewsSaintNick

A lot of people have been waxing lyrical about Ruben Selles appointment and the feel good factor on social media, but it is not transmitting to ticket sales for the Grimsby game, at the moment it looks like there will almost be as many Grimsby fans as Saints fans going to the game

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 16:52 - Feb 24 with 2122 viewsPatfromPoole

Shame.

Cheap tickets.

Should be a good atmosphere.

Looking forward to it.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 18:08 - Feb 24 with 2043 viewscocklebreath

I’m really surprised, got my tickets last week and assumed it would be a good crowd, maybe the club need to improve their advertising. Be a shame to be sat in a half full stadium

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 18:33 - Feb 24 with 2023 viewsTimSaint

We are going and purchased tickets a couple of weeks back.

There are however many reasons why some fans have not yet purchased, or decided not to go.

- Up until the Chelsea result, things have hardly been inspiring both on and off the pitch

- It is not the best of opposition

- It is on a Wednesday night

- It is live on TV

- Fans that usually sit in the Northam and the corners either side of the Chapel (including the Family Centre) cannot buy their tickets in their usual seats / areas. At least they have made the KO 19.15pm so that more kids can attend, but this may make accessing the ground in time for KO more difficult for those who have to travel.

- The pricing is ok considering the opposition. Some will probably say that it is wrong as it has not sold out, but see the above as possible reasons why some are not going. £15 (+ £1.50 booking fee) was fine for the ST holder window, but General Sale is £19 including booking fee and £20 on the day is perhaps a little steep for some ?

- Ruben only got given the job today

- If we beat Leeds tomorrow, it may create a rush for tickets :-)

- Maybe those who are boycotting, will come back now that Jones has gone ?

TimSaint

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 18:50 - Feb 24 with 2009 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's a 7:30 kick off, which is quite hard to get to on time after work, for some. It's a hell of a rush if you finish work at 6 and you don't live in Southampton. It's still £19 for non season ticket holders, including admin fee for a game against a league two side. If just two of you go, it's nearly £40 not including petrol and refreshments etc. You can watch it for free on the tv. People may disagree but I still think it should be £10 for adults and £5 for kids, no admin fee against a side from league two (supply and demand). It's a cup we arn't going to win. One of the top 6 will win the fa cup, so it's a meaningless game for some. I would like to see a full house, but understand why people arn't going. They wouldn't go for the reasons above, whoever was manager.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 18:56]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 19:00 - Feb 24 with 1992 viewscocklebreath

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 18:33 - Feb 24 by TimSaint

We are going and purchased tickets a couple of weeks back.

There are however many reasons why some fans have not yet purchased, or decided not to go.

- Up until the Chelsea result, things have hardly been inspiring both on and off the pitch

- It is not the best of opposition

- It is on a Wednesday night

- It is live on TV

- Fans that usually sit in the Northam and the corners either side of the Chapel (including the Family Centre) cannot buy their tickets in their usual seats / areas. At least they have made the KO 19.15pm so that more kids can attend, but this may make accessing the ground in time for KO more difficult for those who have to travel.

- The pricing is ok considering the opposition. Some will probably say that it is wrong as it has not sold out, but see the above as possible reasons why some are not going. £15 (+ £1.50 booking fee) was fine for the ST holder window, but General Sale is £19 including booking fee and £20 on the day is perhaps a little steep for some ?

- Ruben only got given the job today

- If we beat Leeds tomorrow, it may create a rush for tickets :-)

- Maybe those who are boycotting, will come back now that Jones has gone ?

You say not the best of opposition but that’s why I’m going, I want to see us win and get to the quarters, we see us get beat by premier league teams every other week

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 19:03 - Feb 24 with 1982 viewsBLEEDRED

It's a 7.15 KO, which makes it very hard for many out of city supporters to get to the game on time. I normally arrive at around 7.15 for evening games, so if anything expected happens will miss the start. It's on TV, so many will not rush to get to the game, just stay home
People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 19:12 - Feb 24 with 1969 viewsSouthamptonfan

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 19:00 - Feb 24 by cocklebreath

You say not the best of opposition but that’s why I’m going, I want to see us win and get to the quarters, we see us get beat by premier league teams every other week

I think if money wasn't an issue, people didn't have to budget and people didn't have work to think about, there are many who would want to go. But it's extra expense, a massive rush to get there for an early kick off, when it's free on the tv.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 19:13]

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 20:26 - Feb 24 with 1889 viewssaint22

It’s a Weds
No one works 9-5
We should win
It’s on tv
There will be walk ups
So many obvious reasons
Login to get fewer ads

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 20:33 - Feb 24 with 1877 viewskingslandstand1

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 18:50 - Feb 24 by Southamptonfan

It's a 7:30 kick off, which is quite hard to get to on time after work, for some. It's a hell of a rush if you finish work at 6 and you don't live in Southampton. It's still £19 for non season ticket holders, including admin fee for a game against a league two side. If just two of you go, it's nearly £40 not including petrol and refreshments etc. You can watch it for free on the tv. People may disagree but I still think it should be £10 for adults and £5 for kids, no admin fee against a side from league two (supply and demand). It's a cup we arn't going to win. One of the top 6 will win the fa cup, so it's a meaningless game for some. I would like to see a full house, but understand why people arn't going. They wouldn't go for the reasons above, whoever was manager.

Isn't it 7.15 ko??
People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 21:10 - Feb 24 with 1836 viewsgrumpy

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 20:33 - Feb 24 by kingslandstand1

Isn't it 7.15 ko??

7.15pm
People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 21:21 - Feb 24 with 1827 viewsSouthamptonfan

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 20:33 - Feb 24 by kingslandstand1

Isn't it 7.15 ko??

Looks like it is 7:15. No wonder people arn't going. It's too early for many to get there for that time.

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 21:36 - Feb 24 with 1811 viewsBuggalugs

What a load of pathetic excuses. It’s the 5th round of the fa cup against league 2 opposition….win that and we’re one game from Wembley.

Of course some people have genuine reasons why they can’t go, but most are just hiding behind lame excuses. If we were playing Liverpool in the league, tickets would be more than double and we’d be sold out. Get your arses down there and support the lads ffs.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 08:36 - Feb 25 with 1563 viewsdwayne_dibley

skatehaters will be put off by the potential smell of fish

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 13:28 - Feb 25 with 1365 viewsBerber

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 18:08 - Feb 24 by cocklebreath

I’m really surprised, got my tickets last week and assumed it would be a good crowd, maybe the club need to improve their advertising. Be a shame to be sat in a half full stadium

I know, they could send out a survey.
People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 14:31 - Feb 25 with 1300 viewsdarthvader

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 18:50 - Feb 24 by Southamptonfan

7.15 ko not 7.30

keep the faith coyr

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 20:19 - Feb 25 with 1095 viewsMrangry25

Today is one of the reasons why i will not be buying a ticket, the second is the ridiculous 1.50 booking fee, the third is the ridiculous 15 ticket cost, especially after spending 350 to watch us lose at Newcastle.
People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 23:31 - Feb 25 with 992 viewsdirk_doone

Two evenly matched teams playing for a place in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup. What more could you ask for?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

People Not Voting For Selles With Their Money For Grimsby Game on 12:13 - Feb 26 with 782 viewsSouthamptonfan

It will be embarrassing. 5000 Grimsby fans in the Northam. The corners of the Chapel closed. Huge swathes of empty seats in the Chapel and Kingsland. I don't blame the fans not going. The players just stand there and let goals go in (namely one Jan B), one shot on target yesterday, they don't bother, why should we? But it will advertise just how downhill the club has gone.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 12:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024