Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? 14:32 - Apr 9 with 1655 viewsSouthamptonfan

I can't wait to get out of the PL. Yes, disappointed and annoyed that we are so sh!t. But I'm fed up of sitting next to away fans and tourists zooming in on Haaland and Son etc on their phones. The atmosphere is sh!t and it is at most other grounds too in the PL (West Ham last week). Fed up of being totally out-classed every week. Fed up of being in a league that is just for the top 6 clubs to play out amongst themselves. Fed up of being treated like a number instead of a fan of decades. Can't take a bag in the ground, can't walk round the ground, searched about 8 times at away games in airport style security. Can't celebrate a goal because you know it will go to VAR. Can't wait to not have it next year in the Championship. Light shows and flashing lights of adverts every 5 seconds around the edge of the pitch. Those can go too.

So yes, I'm looking forward to visiting some new grounds and some proper fans of many traditional clubs. They arn't tourists, they are proper salt of the earth fans supporting their local team. I'm fed up of these idiots turning up in their top 6 clubs jerseys, pretending they are fans, smiling at the home support as if to say "look who I support". City fans singing going down and we've won it all. They can f@ck off. They've spent billions, is it any surprise! I'll be able to find a parking space, the players might actually try and play for the shirt instead of their next sponsorship deal or being in the shop window. Cheaper tickets at most grounds.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bnolan_10/status/1645034633174695938

City fans and fans of Liverpool, Man U and Man City sat amongst us!!! I hate the PL.

Bring on the Championship. The sooner the better.

[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 14:49]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 15:25 - Apr 9 with 1577 viewssledger

with you all the way
Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 15:48 - Apr 9 with 1551 views1ASIN12

I get what you are saying however , what happens if we become shit in the championship ( took us 3 seasons to achieve that last time) do we start threads about looking forward to league one ?

What happens if by some fvcking big miracle we get promoted again from the championship in the next few seasons do we not look forward to being in the top flight ?

I support Saints and want my team playing in the highest division ( which got most of my life time has been the top division) there really was no excuse to becoming the worst Saints team in top flight history this season .

As said previously Sports Republic and the board have totally Fvcked up .
Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 15:55 - Apr 9 with 1535 viewssledger

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 15:48 - Apr 9 by 1ASIN12

I get what you are saying however , what happens if we become shit in the championship ( took us 3 seasons to achieve that last time) do we start threads about looking forward to league one ?

What happens if by some fvcking big miracle we get promoted again from the championship in the next few seasons do we not look forward to being in the top flight ?

I support Saints and want my team playing in the highest division ( which got most of my life time has been the top division) there really was no excuse to becoming the worst Saints team in top flight history this season .

at least in the championship we would have the chance to do well and win a few games,in the premier league the sole aim is to make the players richer and survival
Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 15:59 - Apr 9 with 1530 viewskingslandstand1

You've forgotten the number of half and half scarves there yesterday
Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 16:10 - Apr 9 with 1488 viewsTripleNiemi

Absolutely; this really shouldn’t have happened however let’s be honest, this has been building for a few years now following the continued dilution of quality. The club will have to suck this up but I for one am glad to be getting out of a league we simply cannot compete in…..and the irony of it all, we were told we had to leave the Dell in order to be better equipped at competing in the top flight, pfft

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 16:13 - Apr 9 with 1483 viewsSouthamptonfan

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 15:59 - Apr 9 by kingslandstand1

You've forgotten the number of half and half scarves there yesterday

Don't get me started on the half and half scarves phenomenon!!! People from USA and Norway yesterday sitting there with them on holding up flags of their countries. Bring on Millwall at the Den. No half and half scarves there.

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 16:16 - Apr 9 with 1478 viewsSouthamptonfan

I understand what you mean. But the PL is completely useless. We and 14 other teams are just making up the numbers, just trying to survive, defeats most weeks, watching idiot tourists take over the ground with their £60 -£80 tickets, nah I want out of this league, even if just for a short period. Saints might then realise who the real fans are, and who they should be looking after.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 16:18]

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 18:00 - Apr 9 with 1406 viewskingslandstand1

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 16:13 - Apr 9 by Southamptonfan

Don't get me started on the half and half scarves phenomenon!!! People from USA and Norway yesterday sitting there with them on holding up flags of their countries. Bring on Millwall at the Den. No half and half scarves there.

Often wondered if anyone actually buys them off the spivs standing outide the ground, but clearly they do. I saw one whole family wearing them after the game!
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 18:23 - Apr 9 with 1385 views1teeminants

Yes I’ve never been to Rotherham but apart from that I’ve seen them all . I hate the premier league it’s just a non event if you’re not top 5/6 . I couldn’t give a monkeys about other teams all I care about is saints winning and having a few beers with mates so championship bring it on .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 18:59 - Apr 9 with 1345 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 19:23 - Apr 9 with 1304 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ells__xo/status/1644733677094445058

Just look at them all in the home sections. It's like a disease.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 19:25]

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 12:32 - Apr 10 with 1004 viewsWints76

I do agree with this, and have no love for the Premier League and being cannon fodder every week, but the end goal has to be the Premier League. If we stagnate for the next 4 years or whatever in the Championship (or worse), it probably won't seem as fun then. Likewise, some decent, hard working people are probably going to lose their jobs behind the scenes.

As I say though, from a social/match going point of view, 100% agree. Its now thinking of who is best to come down with us ahead of a possible challenge next season
Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 13:07 - Apr 10 with 981 viewssaintwizzler

A lot more midweek games and SKY games on Friday nights and Saturday lunchtimes.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 14:02 - Apr 10 with 954 viewsdirk_doone

To be honest, no.

The only thing that would make it worthwhile is if we came straight back up again as champions.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 16:35 - Apr 10 with 888 views1teeminants

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 14:02 - Apr 10 by dirk_doone

To be honest, no.

The only thing that would make it worthwhile is if we came straight back up again as champions.

To just exist, lose loads of games, go home depressed again and watch the big clubs win trophy after Trophy and have their fans just laugh in your face. Can’t wait.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Anyone else looking forward to the Championship? on 13:27 - Apr 11 with 688 viewsfranniesTache

As someone who goes to games the championship seems a way better league, some new grounds in there, loads of decent away days, and the home support will be back to being mostly sotonians.

But the downsides are some of my friends and family will probably lose their jobs, the pubs in the city will find it much harder (same as taxi's, bnb's, restaurants etc.) which will have an impact on jobs.

Plus don't forget there's no ticket cap on away prices in the championship, and we'll be one of the "draws" in the league, so we'll most likely being spending more than in the premier league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024