Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict 10:55 - Apr 10 with 1211 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/59996/southampton-v-manc

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict on 11:24 - Apr 10 with 1162 viewsRon11

Love the picture of Bednarek turning away from the ball....
Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict on 12:13 - Apr 10 with 1078 viewsSouthamptonfan

Spot on Nick. As I said before, I can't wait for this season to be over, leave this sh!t league behind and start afresh in the Championship, where loyal fans support their local clubs and we might actually have a chance of winning some games.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict on 13:11 - Apr 10 with 1014 viewsA1079

Whilst I agree with your over-riding sentiment Nick and I hate the PL for what it has become that can't be allowed to over-shadow or disguise our own ineptness and incompetence as a club on and off the pitch. Brighton, Brentford, Fulham and Villa have shown that with the right management, the right decisions and a squad who want to win and compete you can at least challenge with the best even if they can't quite overcome them and it seems the authorities and officials (the decisions against Brighton on Saturday and we have experienced it in previous seasons has shown that something stinks about the PL and it almost blatantly makes sure the overall order of things stay in place and woe betide anyone who dares to try and challenge it).

As someone else has said, a piece on the failings of the club, the management, the tactics and lack of know how of now several managers, the bad decisions, the poor recruitment, the year on year of dumbing down of the quality of the squad are much more of an issue than whether 6 clubs or so that have sold themselves to the dark side and have become an elite group in their own right. The thing is, if we don't sort ourselves out and get it right now it won't be the PL that we should worry about but whether we can even raise a challenge in the Championship.

I get the sentiment and empathise with how you felt about Saturday and what we were playing against, but we have lost against West Ham, Leeds, Wolves, Forest etc and none of those (yet) can claim to be in the elite and it is our performances against them that I have found most galling. Man City wouldn't have mattered if our club and players had decided the other games had mattered but their attitude and effort suggested otherwise.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 13:19]
Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict on 22:22 - Apr 10 with 849 viewshedgeend61

Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict on 13:11 - Apr 10 by A1079

Whilst I agree with your over-riding sentiment Nick and I hate the PL for what it has become that can't be allowed to over-shadow or disguise our own ineptness and incompetence as a club on and off the pitch. Brighton, Brentford, Fulham and Villa have shown that with the right management, the right decisions and a squad who want to win and compete you can at least challenge with the best even if they can't quite overcome them and it seems the authorities and officials (the decisions against Brighton on Saturday and we have experienced it in previous seasons has shown that something stinks about the PL and it almost blatantly makes sure the overall order of things stay in place and woe betide anyone who dares to try and challenge it).

As someone else has said, a piece on the failings of the club, the management, the tactics and lack of know how of now several managers, the bad decisions, the poor recruitment, the year on year of dumbing down of the quality of the squad are much more of an issue than whether 6 clubs or so that have sold themselves to the dark side and have become an elite group in their own right. The thing is, if we don't sort ourselves out and get it right now it won't be the PL that we should worry about but whether we can even raise a challenge in the Championship.

I get the sentiment and empathise with how you felt about Saturday and what we were playing against, but we have lost against West Ham, Leeds, Wolves, Forest etc and none of those (yet) can claim to be in the elite and it is our performances against them that I have found most galling. Man City wouldn't have mattered if our club and players had decided the other games had mattered but their attitude and effort suggested otherwise.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 13:19]

I beat you by 5 minutes Nick, left on 75 minutes after the 4th, would have left after the 3rd but as we scored just after and with it being Easter thinking miracles could happen, but it was a big ask. Competed ok till nearly HT, but results against City don't define any clubs season, losing to dross does.
Left early a few times this season, which don't usually, but can't be doing with some the fans clapping them off after abject performances losing to rubbish like Forest and Wolves which gets me down as much as watching the game.

Some City's fans are a bit Billy bigtime these days, used to be good 70-80's time, times change. Problem is they're not really a big club fanbase wise, couldn't shift 10,000 of a 34,000 allocation for FA Cup semi at Wembley last season and struggling this season

All Season Ticket Members can purchase an additional 3 tickets (4 in total) - Wednesday 5th April at 10am
All Cityzens Matchday Members (as of 27th March) can purchase an additional 3 tickets (4 in total) - Wednesday 5th April at 3pm
All supporters that have previously attended 1 game at the Etihad Stadium can purchase up to 4 tickets - Thursday 6th April at 10am

4 tickets per person and still won't sell them all.

If I had a Bayern shirt, I'd be wearing it tomorrow, lets hope they smash those Champions League bottlejobs
Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict on 09:02 - Apr 11 with 747 viewsSonicBoom

What does it say about football when fans are going to games devoid of any hope or expectation as Nick did. He just wanted not to get thrashed by a hatful of goals. And he paid handsomely for a the privilege.
Look at Burnley. Relegated last year in the same way we are, then promoted this year and probably had a fantastic time doing so, but will immediately be favourites to go straight back down again next season losing most of their games.
Being in the Championship would be great. You just don't want to actually be promoted.
Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict on 07:08 - Apr 12 with 637 viewssaintwizzler

Interesting….

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/news/all-20-epl-clubs-ranked-by-net-t

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict on 07:23 - Apr 12 with 634 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton V Manchester City The Verdict on 09:02 - Apr 11 by SonicBoom

What does it say about football when fans are going to games devoid of any hope or expectation as Nick did. He just wanted not to get thrashed by a hatful of goals. And he paid handsomely for a the privilege.
Look at Burnley. Relegated last year in the same way we are, then promoted this year and probably had a fantastic time doing so, but will immediately be favourites to go straight back down again next season losing most of their games.
Being in the Championship would be great. You just don't want to actually be promoted.

Burnley at least gave it a right go, and probably should have stayed up on the last day.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024