Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season attendances 15:21 - May 1 with 3677 viewskingslandstand1

What sort of attendances will we get at SMS, particularly that first game whoever it's against

I was thinking 23-25k if a new manager, 20-22k, if no change in manager, or am I being a bit too optimistic? Back in those far distant days when we were last down there, from memory we didn't do too badly compred to others in those divs
Next season attendances on 15:48 - May 1 with 3209 viewsIfonly

Take me off the list if it's the same manager.
Next season attendances on 15:48 - May 1 with 3210 viewsSouthamptonfan

Depends on who we are playing and how we are doing. I suspect the first few games will be something like 26k. Games against Rotherham and Hull, with small away followings will probably get about 22k. I do wonder how many ST holders will not renew though. Many don't even turn up now, even though they have paid. How many fans have had enough after such a terrible season, and Jack it all in, is anyone's guess. Saints will need to make some statements of intent quickly, with an announcement, apology and decent manager, otherwise fans won't go I suspect, until Saints start winning games. Our lowest attendance was Sheff Utd with 13k when we were bottom of the championship, so depends on how we do.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 15:50]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Next season attendances on 15:50 - May 1 with 3203 viewskingslandstand1

Next season attendances on 15:48 - May 1 by Ifonly

Take me off the list if it's the same manager.

If only .............. oh, excuse the pun!
Next season attendances on 15:52 - May 1 with 3196 viewsfelly1

May depend on the price of a ticket and/or good season ticket deals.
They need to keep the littluns going as to a lot them the world of football ends with the Prem.
Kids for a fiver would be a good idea
Maybe a peace offering of a few freebies to us long suffering season ticket holders would help.
I'll guess it'll start about 25k and go up or down depending on results.
Next season attendances on 15:53 - May 1 with 3195 viewskingslandstand1

Next season attendances on 15:48 - May 1 by Southamptonfan

Depends on who we are playing and how we are doing. I suspect the first few games will be something like 26k. Games against Rotherham and Hull, with small away followings will probably get about 22k. I do wonder how many ST holders will not renew though. Many don't even turn up now, even though they have paid. How many fans have had enough after such a terrible season, and Jack it all in, is anyone's guess. Saints will need to make some statements of intent quickly, with an announcement, apology and decent manager, otherwise fans won't go I suspect, until Saints start winning games. Our lowest attendance was Sheff Utd with 13k when we were bottom of the championship, so depends on how we do.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 15:50]

If money was a bit tight I think there will be a few ST holders who won't renew, especially if Selles is still there, but having committed 700 smackers previously, you are showing yourself to be a supporter through thick and thin and will renew
Next season attendances on 15:53 - May 1 with 3196 viewsareasix

It will depend how well they start if they have a few good wins early then the crowd will return and a buzz will start even if we are in the championship. Supports love success and will come back to watch.
On the other hands if it is a poor start then confidence on the terraces will disappear and it will get toxic with supporters staying away.
Next season attendances on 16:58 - May 1 with 3109 viewsBLEEDRED

Depends on the price, any increase will see attendances crash. Maybe the club could offer a very good deal to those who stump up the money early. At least the club will have an idea of cash in the bank.
Next season attendances on 17:18 - May 1 with 3094 views1teeminants

In 2006 we averaged 23,614 no reason why it would be any different next season as long as Selles is gone along with many of the players .

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2005-2006/1/
[Post edited 2 May 2023 6:03]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Next season attendances on 17:38 - May 1 with 3072 viewsPatfromPoole

Given how many of the teams are up north, the away following may well be low for a lot of clubs visiting the Temple of Doom.

I will be intrigued to see if the club get into reciprocal agreements with any clubs re pricing for away fans. If not, it could get pricey for us.

But with our sexy high-scoring total football, and Mara and Adam Armstrong each scoring 30 goals, I expect average crowds of 29,000 minimum.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Next season attendances on 17:53 - May 1 with 3055 viewskingslandstand1

Next season attendances on 17:38 - May 1 by PatfromPoole

Given how many of the teams are up north, the away following may well be low for a lot of clubs visiting the Temple of Doom.

I will be intrigued to see if the club get into reciprocal agreements with any clubs re pricing for away fans. If not, it could get pricey for us.

But with our sexy high-scoring total football, and Mara and Adam Armstrong each scoring 30 goals, I expect average crowds of 29,000 minimum.

Pat, we'll wake you up once you've sobered up ........
Next season attendances on 18:00 - May 1 with 3046 viewskingolaf

Whether I renew or not depends on who is appointed manager. If it’s another clever dick appointment then count me out.
Next season attendances on 18:53 - May 1 with 2991 views1ASIN12

I think a lot will depend on what they try and charge us to renew our season tickets. If they price them too high they are going to get a bit of a shock a fear. Lets face it we have put up with 2 years of shlt

If theyg get the price wrong then we will be lucky to break 20,000.
Next season attendances on 19:16 - May 1 with 2959 viewsSouthamptonfan

Next season attendances on 18:53 - May 1 by 1ASIN12

I think a lot will depend on what they try and charge us to renew our season tickets. If they price them too high they are going to get a bit of a shock a fear. Lets face it we have put up with 2 years of shlt

If theyg get the price wrong then we will be lucky to break 20,000.

As you say, they need to reward season ticket holders who have put up with sh!t for years, with a reduced price. Match day tickets will have to be much reduced too. You can't charge £60 to watch Championship games or £80 in some parts of the ground. You can't even charge £40 in my view.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 19:17]

Next season attendances on 19:44 - May 1 with 2929 viewssaintmark1976

Next season attendances on 19:16 - May 1 by Southamptonfan

As you say, they need to reward season ticket holders who have put up with sh!t for years, with a reduced price. Match day tickets will have to be much reduced too. You can't charge £60 to watch Championship games or £80 in some parts of the ground. You can't even charge £40 in my view.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 19:17]

The totally incompetent Club Board have this season managed to get every important decision wrong and I fully expect that unless they are reconstituted they will continue in the same manner throughout the summer and into next season.

Even now I imagine that they are getting ready to say “be thankful that next season ticket prices will remain the same as those currently charged for The Premiership to reflect the fact that there are going to be four extra home games per season in The Championship”. Such a move could well see attendances South of 20000 from day one.

To get support to reasonable levels all ticket prices will need to be drastically reduced and it would be a good idea to have a shirt of red and white stripes rather than this season’s hideous offering.
Next season attendances on 20:02 - May 1 with 2902 viewsBuggalugs

Next season attendances on 19:44 - May 1 by saintmark1976

The totally incompetent Club Board have this season managed to get every important decision wrong and I fully expect that unless they are reconstituted they will continue in the same manner throughout the summer and into next season.

Even now I imagine that they are getting ready to say “be thankful that next season ticket prices will remain the same as those currently charged for The Premiership to reflect the fact that there are going to be four extra home games per season in The Championship”. Such a move could well see attendances South of 20000 from day one.

To get support to reasonable levels all ticket prices will need to be drastically reduced and it would be a good idea to have a shirt of red and white stripes rather than this season’s hideous offering.

This is exactly what will happen. Anyone expecting the price of their season ticket to reduce will be disappointed.

4 extra games for the same price…we’re so fortunate.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Next season attendances on 20:11 - May 1 with 2890 viewsSouthamptonfan

Next season attendances on 20:02 - May 1 by Buggalugs

This is exactly what will happen. Anyone expecting the price of their season ticket to reduce will be disappointed.

4 extra games for the same price…we’re so fortunate.

They will have to work it out though, so that it's not cheaper to buy tickets on the day. Some season tickets were £899 this season. That would work out at £40 per game, even with 4 more games, so season tickets will have to be reduced, particularly in some areas of the ground as match day tickets will have to be cheaper than £40 for championship games.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 20:12]

Next season attendances on 23:22 - May 1 with 2734 viewsPatfromPoole

Next season attendances on 20:11 - May 1 by Southamptonfan

They will have to work it out though, so that it's not cheaper to buy tickets on the day. Some season tickets were £899 this season. That would work out at £40 per game, even with 4 more games, so season tickets will have to be reduced, particularly in some areas of the ground as match day tickets will have to be cheaper than £40 for championship games.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 20:12]

£899.

That’s £449.50 per home win, yes?

Maybe my Qatar jaunt wasn’t so pricey after all…..

Next season attendances on 23:39 - May 1 with 2720 viewsSouthamptonfan

Next season attendances on 23:22 - May 1 by PatfromPoole

£899.

That’s £449.50 per home win, yes?

Maybe my Qatar jaunt wasn’t so pricey after all…..

£449.50 a win. Special deal. Absolute bargain.

Next season attendances on 11:47 - May 4 with 2392 viewsdwayne_dibley

given the low revenue for ticket sales compared to PL TV money I would be suprised if the club was actually concerned about ST sales next season.

They may even decide to close off all the corner sections based on predicted lower capacity next season.

Making the Northam End an away fans only stand would keep the Bill happy
[Post edited 4 May 2023 11:58]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Next season attendances on 06:38 - May 5 with 2230 viewscocklebreath

Next season attendances on 11:47 - May 4 by dwayne_dibley

given the low revenue for ticket sales compared to PL TV money I would be suprised if the club was actually concerned about ST sales next season.

They may even decide to close off all the corner sections based on predicted lower capacity next season.

Making the Northam End an away fans only stand would keep the Bill happy
[Post edited 4 May 2023 11:58]

That’s the point ticket sales are much more important now we’ve lost the premier league TV money so the club might have to be a bit nicer to fans, I’m not holding my breath. I’m sure Norwich and Derby made season tickets really cheap and pretty much fill their stadiums every week.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Next season attendances on 07:35 - May 5 with 2203 viewsdwayne_dibley

Next season attendances on 06:38 - May 5 by cocklebreath

That’s the point ticket sales are much more important now we’ve lost the premier league TV money so the club might have to be a bit nicer to fans, I’m not holding my breath. I’m sure Norwich and Derby made season tickets really cheap and pretty much fill their stadiums every week.

the club gets three years of parachute payments from the PL so ticket sales remain a low fraction of overall income

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Next season attendances on 09:07 - May 5 with 2171 viewsMytchettSaint

Next season attendances on 07:35 - May 5 by dwayne_dibley

the club gets three years of parachute payments from the PL so ticket sales remain a low fraction of overall income

Fantastic, fans that don’t renew won’t feel guilty for abandoning the decision makers who have made an afternoon at SMS insufferable.
Keep filling those home sections with away fans Mr Semmens.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Next season attendances on 17:28 - May 5 with 2085 viewsBerber

Next season attendances on 07:35 - May 5 by dwayne_dibley

But less fans also devalues the advertising space, lowers merchandising and other game day revenues. Firkin up the managerial appointments, the board and recruitment will not be an easy one to duck, especially if the first year down is a very average one, as mostly happens to relegated clubs. The owners need to recognise that the board can pretend as much as they like that they are in control, but their cluelessness cannot be hidden forever.
Next season attendances on 18:19 - May 5 with 2051 viewssolent_toffee

I’ve recently renewed my Everton season ticket. The deadline has just lapsed and 97% have renewed, the remaining 3% will be snapped up from the large waiting list.

It is what it is.

In terms of crowds, there won’t be that much difference from the PL. Loads of clubs in the championship have played in the PL. Just got to enjoy it for what it is.

I used to go to loads of Saints games when they were in the championship as I did a lot of work for the club at the time. Thoroughly enjoyable games, mostly 3 o’clock kick offs with the cheating, bullshit hyperbole an after thought.
Next season attendances on 20:16 - May 5 with 2014 viewsPatfromPoole

I think our away support will be very good next season.

Our away following seems to have steadily increased year-on-year.

We will sell out at least two-thirds of the away allocations, which won’t be bad given the distances travelled. Many less London games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024