Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton v Sunderland 21:09 - May 16 with 2192 viewsPatfromPoole

Both of these teams would batter us.

Tough season next season.

We will lose our best players, and we have very few goals in the team.

Anybody expecting us to finish higher than 12th next season without major improvements to the team this summer is deluding themselves.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Luton v Sunderland on 21:13 - May 16 with 1853 viewssaintwizzler

Bouncebackability

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Luton v Sunderland on 21:44 - May 16 with 1810 viewsLondonSaint76

I Agree 100% Pat - we are going to be in THE toughest second tier league in the world to try and escape from and the way it is looking we will be going down with two other established PL teams, not alongside teams promoted the previous season, so it will be an even tougher task to grapple with. Unless SR see the clown W**kersen for what he truly is and he is allowed any serious input on major recruitment decisions, both manager and players, I seriously worry about what next season will turn into. Be delighted to be proved wrong….

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Luton v Sunderland on 21:49 - May 16 with 1803 views1ASIN12

I said a couple of months ago that I honestly believe the team we got promoted with from league one would be our current team .

Let’s face it we struggled to beat Sheffield weds , struggled to beat Lincoln and lost to Grimsby

And you are right unless there is major improvement then mid table would be the best we could hope for .
Luton v Sunderland on 21:59 - May 16 with 1782 viewsSaintNick

That will be the Luton team that Nathan Jones taught how to play , thats all we need to know about the standard

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Luton v Sunderland on 22:02 - May 16 with 1757 viewsPatfromPoole

Luton v Sunderland on 21:59 - May 16 by SaintNick

That will be the Luton team that Nathan Jones taught how to play , thats all we need to know about the standard

Lot of time for you, but sadly you’re deluded, Nick.

We gave Luton £5 million to improve their manager.

We gave Nathan Jones £5 million to make him a rich man.

We have a slow, ponderous team with no goal threat and little battling spirit; a formula which will not serve us well next season.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 22:09]

Luton v Sunderland on 22:10 - May 16 with 1735 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley and Sheffield United finished miles clear of the rest so it looks like it will be a weak Championship next season. But, with our current squad and especially our lack of even a half-competent goalkeeper or striker, Saints look like being just another weak team in it.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Luton v Sunderland on 22:12 - May 16 with 1719 viewssaintwizzler

Luton v Sunderland on 22:02 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

Lot of time for you, but sadly you’re deluded, Nick.

We gave Luton £5 million to improve their manager.

We gave Nathan Jones £5 million to make him a rich man.

We have a slow, ponderous team with no goal threat and little battling spirit; a formula which will not serve us well next season.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 22:09]

Luton v Sunderland on 22:16 - May 16 with 1694 viewsPatfromPoole

Luton v Sunderland on 22:10 - May 16 by dirk_doone

Burnley and Sheffield United finished miles clear of the rest so it looks like it will be a weak Championship next season. But, with our current squad and especially our lack of even a half-competent goalkeeper or striker, Saints look like being just another weak team in it.

I don’t think it will be weak.

Leicester and Leeds will be strong, as will be Sunderland and whoever else loses in the play-offs. Watford, Norwich, West Brom, Stoke, Blackburn, Swansea; all solid clubs that have spent a year or two in the league and know it well.

We will need a manager who knows this League and can see our shower of sh1t for the pampered overpaid mob that they are.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 22:18]

Login to get fewer ads

Luton v Sunderland on 22:31 - May 16 with 1663 viewssaintwizzler

Luton v Sunderland on 22:16 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

I don’t think it will be weak.

Leicester and Leeds will be strong, as will be Sunderland and whoever else loses in the play-offs. Watford, Norwich, West Brom, Stoke, Blackburn, Swansea; all solid clubs that have spent a year or two in the league and know it well.

We will need a manager who knows this League and can see our shower of sh1t for the pampered overpaid mob that they are.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 22:18]

With Season Ticket prices being frozen AGAIN and £200m from player sales we will cook in The Championship.

WE MARCH ON

Luton v Sunderland on 22:38 - May 16 with 1656 views1teeminants

Pat I expect next seasons team will look nothing like the current one( it better not be) Burnley made massive changes when they went down .
[Post edited 16 May 2023 22:39]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Luton v Sunderland on 22:39 - May 16 with 1653 viewsSouthamptonfan

The play offs look fun though. Let's be honest the PL is boring isn't it. The best you can hope for is a mid table finish in front of a bored and silent crowd.full.of tourists. Tonight at Luton there was a raucous crowd of proper fans, excitement, pitch invasions, the lottery of the play offs, no var, no play acting of spoilt players, good old fashioned game in an old fashioned stadium. Part of me is looking forward to the championship.

On a side note, we will be clocking up the miles next season: Sunderland, Hull, Blackburn, Middlesbrough (if they don't go up), Rotherham, Preston, with very few teams in London.
[Post edited 16 May 2023 22:42]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Luton v Sunderland on 22:43 - May 16 with 1644 viewsPatfromPoole

Luton v Sunderland on 22:38 - May 16 by 1teeminants

Pat I expect next seasons team will look nothing like the current one( it better not be) Burnley made massive changes when they went down .
[Post edited 16 May 2023 22:39]

Well, we will clearly need big signings in midfield for a start to replace Lavia and Ward-Prowse.

Having Smallbone back would help, but we need to get some leaders like Dean Hammond and Fonte were 10 years ago.

The whole nucleus of the side needs an overhaul. The concern for Solak is whether he trusts Ankersen enough to oversee it. I certainly wouldn’t.

Luton v Sunderland on 23:06 - May 16 with 1610 viewsSaintNick

Luton v Sunderland on 22:43 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

Well, we will clearly need big signings in midfield for a start to replace Lavia and Ward-Prowse.

Having Smallbone back would help, but we need to get some leaders like Dean Hammond and Fonte were 10 years ago.

The whole nucleus of the side needs an overhaul. The concern for Solak is whether he trusts Ankersen enough to oversee it. I certainly wouldn’t.

Ankersen is a shareholder in the Company, he wont just get sacked, he is the architect of the whole project, Dragan Solak is just the money man .

You can draw comparisons with McMenemy arriving at Saints and getting us relegated, he had to revamp the whole team and thats the job now, all we can do is hope that we appoint the right people.

Ankersen has done a good job at both Midjytland & Brentford and also Goztepe look likely to make the play offs, just needing to avoid defeat in the final game

He now needs to restore his reputation with Saints

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Luton v Sunderland on 23:31 - May 16 with 1589 viewscocklebreath

Luton tonight were everything Saints aren’t, they might not be the best players but they played with guts, they’d beat us 10 times out of 10. Was great to see/Hear a proper atmosphere as well. Great to watch unlike our slow backwards sideways passionless gimps.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Luton v Sunderland on 06:21 - May 17 with 1509 views1teeminants

Luton v Sunderland on 22:43 - May 16 by PatfromPoole

Yep I expect Lavia, JWP, KWP, Kotchap, Salisu, to all leave despite all these statements from the players saying how they’ll put it right next season. The wage reduction will see to that. I think Adams may leave too. Hopefully Alcarez will stay .

Smallbone wants to come back I hear which is good news. We will need real battlers in the championship. The only battlers we have at the moment are Lyanco and Alcarez who likes to get stuck in but we’re going to need a few more.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Luton v Sunderland on 07:38 - May 17 with 1429 viewsWints76

FWIW, I thought Sunderland were hopeless and barely had a decent attack in a game they had to score in.

Not saying they wouldn't beat our current side, but I am hoping that we will be an awful lot better and more direct next season.
Luton v Sunderland on 08:42 - May 17 with 1379 viewsPatfromPoole

Luton v Sunderland on 07:38 - May 17 by Wints76

FWIW, I thought Sunderland were hopeless and barely had a decent attack in a game they had to score in.

Not saying they wouldn't beat our current side, but I am hoping that we will be an awful lot better and more direct next season.

Sunderland did have quite a few key injuries, and played a lot better in the first leg; they should have sewn up the tie in that game.

Luton v Sunderland on 09:11 - May 17 with 1356 viewsWints76

Luton v Sunderland on 08:42 - May 17 by PatfromPoole

Sunderland did have quite a few key injuries, and played a lot better in the first leg; they should have sewn up the tie in that game.

I had no idea about Sunderland injuries. Did the thuggish Luton side injure them first leg? I used to despise Luton,.maybe I will reignite that next season if they don't go up (hopefully Boro go up Boring side and miles away)
Luton v Sunderland on 09:18 - May 17 with 1354 viewsobelisk

It'd be pretty ironic to see Luton replace Saints in the EPL. Presumably Jones will be a studio pundit for the final so it'll be worth tuning in just for that.
Luton v Sunderland on 10:17 - May 17 with 1317 viewsBerber

Really? I watched the first leg on TV and thought that football wise, either side would be crushed in the PL. I have a soft spot for Sunderland, but thought that apart from a couple of players (Diallo was standout) they only had energy. Their passing was near disgraceful, and Gelhart wouldn’t make the current Leeds side even now.
Luton v Sunderland on 10:39 - May 17 with 1305 viewsPatfromPoole

Luton v Sunderland on 09:11 - May 17 by Wints76

I had no idea about Sunderland injuries. Did the thuggish Luton side injure them first leg? I used to despise Luton,.maybe I will reignite that next season if they don't go up (hopefully Boro go up Boring side and miles away)

They said on the commentary that Sunderland had 3 midfielders playing in defence due to injuries, and Luton exploited this with both the goals from set-pieces (as was their goal in the first leg).

Sunderland have also been without their main striker Ross Stewart for some time.

They did really well to make the play-offs at all given their injuries.

Have a soft spot for Sunderland, having supported them at Fratton in the away end a few times over the years.

Luton v Sunderland on 11:52 - May 17 with 1258 viewssaintwizzler

Luton v Sunderland on 10:39 - May 17 by PatfromPoole

They said on the commentary that Sunderland had 3 midfielders playing in defence due to injuries, and Luton exploited this with both the goals from set-pieces (as was their goal in the first leg).

Sunderland have also been without their main striker Ross Stewart for some time.

They did really well to make the play-offs at all given their injuries.

Have a soft spot for Sunderland, having supported them at Fratton in the away end a few times over the years.

A Right Back at Left Back and a Centre Back at Right Back, yes?

Lyanco, woah, woah, woah, woah…
Lyanco, woah, woah, woah, woah…
He comes from Brasilia
He’ll fûckin murder ya!

Luton v Sunderland on 14:33 - May 17 with 1175 viewskingslandstand1

Luton v Sunderland on 09:18 - May 17 by obelisk

It'd be pretty ironic to see Luton replace Saints in the EPL. Presumably Jones will be a studio pundit for the final so it'll be worth tuning in just for that.

He'll be able to give his in depth knowledge of what it's like in the Prem and what either team should do to stay up and make a challenge
Luton v Sunderland on 14:59 - May 17 with 1158 viewscocklebreath

Luton v Sunderland on 09:11 - May 17 by Wints76

That league cup quarter final at the Dell, worst ref ever.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Luton v Sunderland on 15:09 - May 17 with 1155 viewsPatfromPoole

Luton v Sunderland on 14:59 - May 17 by cocklebreath

That league cup quarter final at the Dell, worst ref ever.

Was that Gerald Ashby?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024