Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hofmeister Is Back 14:44 - Jun 2 with 1309 viewsSaintNick

For those that remember the weak Lager of the 1980's at first this might not sound like good news, but just seen that it has been bought out and a new 5% beer now brewed.

https://www.hofmeister.co.uk/

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hofmeister Is Back on 15:01 - Jun 2 with 1281 viewssaints__fan__73

Follow the bear?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Hofmeister Is Back on 15:13 - Jun 2 with 1270 viewsSaintNick

Hofmeister Is Back on 15:01 - Jun 2 by saints__fan__73

Follow the bear?

Thats the one, they are apparently keeping the bear symbol, but the beer is completely different

Hofmeister Is Back on 18:25 - Jun 2 with 1147 viewsRon11

They used to have that shite in the old Lock Stock in Locks Heath. We renamed the pub the 'acid house' due to requiring large doses of Gaviscon the following morning after drinking the stuff.
Hofmeister Is Back on 18:39 - Jun 2 with 1140 viewsTripleNiemi

Remember those bear adds well, always a sign of Chrimbo coming as well with some of their festive efforts…..

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Hofmeister Is Back on 23:22 - Jun 2 with 1020 viewsarfurdent

the ads were funny but the lager was the pinnacle of the insipid swill the large breweries tried to inflict on their customers along with Watneys Red Barrel (other shite was available). The only benefits to come out of it was the rise of CAMRA and many more types of cider becoming available.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Hofmeister Is Back on 12:09 - Jun 3 with 907 viewsTripleNiemi

Hofmeister Is Back on 23:22 - Jun 2 by arfurdent

the ads were funny but the lager was the pinnacle of the insipid swill the large breweries tried to inflict on their customers along with Watneys Red Barrel (other shite was available). The only benefits to come out of it was the rise of CAMRA and many more types of cider becoming available.

So what you are suggesting is that it would have been suited to the modern breed of phone tapping / filming fan at St. Mary’s?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 12:11]

Hofmeister Is Back on 09:18 - Jun 4 with 811 viewsarfurdent

Hofmeister Is Back on 12:09 - Jun 3 by TripleNiemi

So what you are suggesting is that it would have been suited to the modern breed of phone tapping / filming fan at St. Mary’s?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 12:11]

do such fans have any working sensory organs not connected to a phone screen? My point was that the big breweries tried to roll out low strength insipid swill to the masses to control the market and maximise margins. CAMRA was an aspect of drinkers saying no to such an approach.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 9:19]

Hofmeister Is Back on 16:02 - Jun 4 with 745 viewsTripleNiemi

Hofmeister Is Back on 09:18 - Jun 4 by arfurdent

do such fans have any working sensory organs not connected to a phone screen? My point was that the big breweries tried to roll out low strength insipid swill to the masses to control the market and maximise margins. CAMRA was an aspect of drinkers saying no to such an approach.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 9:19]

Have to admit, in my younger days I sadly was a consumer of the old Heineken Export although that was about it on the lager front. Now drink what I would call beer with a ‘taste’…..(and I ain’t talking that fashionable IPA shite which in the main is awful).

Funnily enough, I managed to get around to doing a home brew Stout kit yesterday which having tried before is a glorious pint…..
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 16:02]

Login to get fewer ads

Hofmeister Is Back on 17:43 - Jun 4 with 697 viewssledger

i swear they still sell this crap in saints concourse under a different label,looks like pee tastes like pee
Hofmeister Is Back on 12:09 - Jun 5 with 612 viewsSaintNick

Hofmeister Is Back on 23:22 - Jun 2 by arfurdent

This a completely new brew all that has been brought is the name, Heineken back in the 70's/80'swas weak and insipid, but then they phased that out and gave us the 5% stuff they had in Holland

Hofmeister Is Back on 12:52 - Jun 5 with 601 viewsTimSaint

Hofmeister Is Back on 12:09 - Jun 5 by SaintNick

This a completely new brew all that has been brought is the name, Heineken back in the 70's/80'swas weak and insipid, but then they phased that out and gave us the 5% stuff they had in Holland

As it was only about 3% back in the day, my parents allowed me the odd can when I was about 15. We used to call it 'Bear Juice', due to the branding and the low alcohol content :-)

TimSaint

Hofmeister Is Back on 16:53 - Jun 5 with 561 viewsarfurdent

Hofmeister Is Back on 12:09 - Jun 5 by SaintNick

first time working out in Oman the place we were staying had a clubhouse that sold the proper Dutch Heineken and it was so much better. Some of the other well known brands shipped direct from Europe were also full strength.

How come the big breweries never got done for watering down the swill they missold

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024