Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
jwp 23:48 - Jul 10 with 1808 viewssaint22

Say what you like about him, he has been a great servant and at times has looked an excellent midfielder, and we all know about his set piece record

How on earth can West Ham think he is only worth 20m? if we accept that with what, 3 years on his deal, then clearly this bunch are clueless
jwp on 01:41 - Jul 11 with 1773 viewsLondonSaint76

Agree 100% - perhaps we should respond by offering them £500k for Flynn Downes and see how they like having the proverbial taken out of them…
[Post edited 11 Jul 2023 1:42]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

jwp on 07:01 - Jul 11 with 1686 viewsSouthamptonfan

The games begin....

West Ham and other clubs will unsettle our players, offer them double the wages, offer them PL football and try to make them unhappy and wanting to leave for a lesser transfer fee. The choice we then have is either keep an unhappy player or let him go for a lesser fee.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

jwp on 13:01 - Jul 11 with 1504 viewsTimSaint

They are just about to get £105m for Rice - who had a year left on his contract !!

There is no way we should sell him to West Ham for anything under £50m.

TimSaint

jwp on 18:32 - Jul 11 with 1433 viewssaint22

jwp on 13:01 - Jul 11 by TimSaint

They are just about to get £105m for Rice - who had a year left on his contract !!

what do you expect from their dodgy owner
jwp on 19:49 - Jul 11 with 1361 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah but they just won’t sell him for that. As teams will need to pay at least something like £40m for him, and I don’t see the club selling him for anything less due to how long he’s played for us as well as how long he’s got left on his contract with us.

Although looking at most of the teams he’s been connected with, I am really starting to wonder of whether or not he will be going or not? As I don’t see him leaving for any team that’s not battling for Europe, meaning that unless any of the “top 6” wanna get him, along with West Ham, Villa, Brighton and Newcastle, don’t think he’ll join any of the others. As they’re probably just as likely to go down as we are to go up, whilst here he could be a club legend and gets basically everything he wants.
And outta those 10 teams I named before, none of the top 6 or Newcastle are gonna go for him, meaning that it’s just Brighton, Villa and West Ham left. And I don’t see Brighton being able to pay 40m for him, so unless West Ham do sign him, or Villa start to show some interest, then I am actually starting to hope that we may be able to keep hold of him.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

jwp on 20:46 - Jul 11 with 1342 viewsI_would

We're not allowed to say what we think about him so i just pray our great leaders are intelligent enough to realize his real worth (15m) and allow him to move on so we can succeed again without his negative influence.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 15:36]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

jwp on 09:07 - Jul 14 with 1212 viewssaint22

jwp on 13:01 - Jul 11 by TimSaint

50m or Do one

Also am I right in saying his salary remains the same for one season if relegated

I would get it if spurs or Chelsea etc were in for him but West Ham? Hardly perennial winners and with Rice gone they could easily struggle again
jwp on 12:36 - Jul 14 with 1110 viewsfranniesTache

Decent player, a modern day matt oakley type, shame he's a skate.

Think £25m is probably about the right amount for him to be honest but would hope we'd get a little more
Login to get fewer ads

jwp on 13:32 - Jul 14 with 1077 viewsMonksway

I really like JWP and don't understand much of the criticism. He has never shortchanged us in terms of effort and has dragged us to safety with his set pieces over the past couple of years. I reserve my criticism for those who, regardless of talent, just don't put in the effort. Either way, we are now a Championship club and he is a Premier League player. We can't afford his wages and we need to get the best deal we can in terms of a transfer fee. I think £30-35 million would be fair given his age.
jwp on 17:34 - Jul 14 with 977 viewsA1079

I have alot of time for JWP and I think he has done well by us (though to be fair he has been paid for it). I think he could have gone earlier if he really had wanted to but stuck with us. Last season was not a great one for him, but then who was it a good season for? I don't think he is International level and at times and he is better with a another strong more forward thinking midfielder beside him and he is not a natural leader but the good outweighs the slight negatives and some of his goals have been some of the most memorable (and if he hadn't score as many as he did the previous season we would have gone down a season earlier than we have).

I don't mind if he stays but if he does go (as seems likely) then I hope he goes with all our good wishes. I think c£30m is probably about right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024