Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales 07:45 - Aug 2 with 1342 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60545/southampton-announ

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 08:04 - Aug 2 with 1310 views1teeminants

Excellent news. Not sure too much positive news will go down too well with some though.😎

We have sold more Season Tickets this season compared to 22/23 - despite relegation.

- The crowd at St Marys is going to be the youngest in a decade, with a sharp rise of 8-25 year olds buying tickets.

- The club have broken an internal record for the most season tickets sold in a single day!

- 91% of the Northam blocks belong to Season Ticket holders, compared to 78% last season.

All incredibly promising for what should be a fantastic season.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 8:11]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 08:39 - Aug 2 with 1262 viewscocklebreath

but we pass too much and ……..

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 09:57 - Aug 2 with 1194 viewsA1079

Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 08:04 - Aug 2 by 1teeminants

Excellent news. Not sure too much positive news will go down too well with some though.😎

We have sold more Season Tickets this season compared to 22/23 - despite relegation.

- The crowd at St Marys is going to be the youngest in a decade, with a sharp rise of 8-25 year olds buying tickets.

- The club have broken an internal record for the most season tickets sold in a single day!

- 91% of the Northam blocks belong to Season Ticket holders, compared to 78% last season.

All incredibly promising for what should be a fantastic season.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 8:11]

Excellent news. I strangely am not surprised. I think many were actually relieved to go down from what had become a tedious season after season of slow decline waiting for the inevitable to happen at some point. Contrary to what many seem to think, I believe Saints have a good hardcore of fans that stick with the team and club.
Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 10:09 - Aug 2 with 1187 viewsWinchesterExile

This is fantastic news (although I’m a bit sceptical as to why the Club don’t publish the amount of season tickets sold). I think this is an indictment of the Prem and how generally Prem clubs become further and further apart from their fans. Glad we’re a local club for local people (with thanks to League of Gentlemen).

I’m still a massive critic of Sport Republic so I’m looking forward to how they are planning to strengthen ties with the local community.
Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 11:18 - Aug 2 with 1121 viewsSouthamptonfan

I have said before Nick, make the ST's (and tickets) affordable at a fair price and give us a team that wins games, then the fans will come. My ST works out at £21 a game - very fair. Our fans want to see wins - not new food choices from around the world, state of the art entrance systems, leather seats or opposition players. We just want to see Saints win and be respected with fair prices. The recent friendlies were an example of fans staying away because the prices were wrong. Get the prices right and the fans come.

And Nick, I don't believe our fans have been given the credit they deserve. It's all nice and dandy for clubs who win most games every week. We have had years of decline, defeat after defeat, and now feels like a reset and a new start. And honestly many of our fans hate the PL. They hate the plastics and foreign tourists who arrive just for the top 6 clubs. They hate away fans in our sections, spoiling the experience. We will be one of the top dogs this year. I'm so glad we are out of the PL and in a new competitive league with proper fans. I think the atmosphere at St Mary's will be 10 times better this season, because we won't have the tourists, the plastics, the away fans in amongst us, £80 leather seat tickets for away fans and day trippers, and we will win some games (hopefully!!!) In front of our own fans who cannot afford to go. You wrote articles about the atmosphere many times. I bet it's better this year, for the reasons above.

Bring on a rocking Hillsborough Friday night under the lights with 30 thousand plus local, loyal fans of both clubs and not a tourist in sight, in an old fashioned famous old ground. No more airport style checks at Spurs and Chelsea and defeats at grounds that we don't stand a chance in, sat around a load millionaire tourist "home fans". I'm looking forward to a football game more than I have in a long long time.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 11:25]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 13:28 - Aug 2 with 1041 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 11:18 - Aug 2 by Southamptonfan

I have said before Nick, make the ST's (and tickets) affordable at a fair price and give us a team that wins games, then the fans will come. My ST works out at £21 a game - very fair. Our fans want to see wins - not new food choices from around the world, state of the art entrance systems, leather seats or opposition players. We just want to see Saints win and be respected with fair prices. The recent friendlies were an example of fans staying away because the prices were wrong. Get the prices right and the fans come.

And Nick, I don't believe our fans have been given the credit they deserve. It's all nice and dandy for clubs who win most games every week. We have had years of decline, defeat after defeat, and now feels like a reset and a new start. And honestly many of our fans hate the PL. They hate the plastics and foreign tourists who arrive just for the top 6 clubs. They hate away fans in our sections, spoiling the experience. We will be one of the top dogs this year. I'm so glad we are out of the PL and in a new competitive league with proper fans. I think the atmosphere at St Mary's will be 10 times better this season, because we won't have the tourists, the plastics, the away fans in amongst us, £80 leather seat tickets for away fans and day trippers, and we will win some games (hopefully!!!) In front of our own fans who cannot afford to go. You wrote articles about the atmosphere many times. I bet it's better this year, for the reasons above.

Bring on a rocking Hillsborough Friday night under the lights with 30 thousand plus local, loyal fans of both clubs and not a tourist in sight, in an old fashioned famous old ground. No more airport style checks at Spurs and Chelsea and defeats at grounds that we don't stand a chance in, sat around a load millionaire tourist "home fans". I'm looking forward to a football game more than I have in a long long time.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 11:25]

I can see a lot of what you are saying, but I would disagree about the years of decline, 3 years ago we finished 11th, two years ago we had an FA Cup semi final and last season a League Cup semi final.

Prior to last season we had a couple of years at 15th which is around where we stand in the grand scheme of things.

The only bad year we had up until last season was 17/18 and even then we got to the FA Cup semi final.

The years of decline that you mention actually saw us get to more semi finals then we had done in the previous 30 years

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 13:54 - Aug 2 with 1008 viewsSouthamptonfan

Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 13:28 - Aug 2 by SaintNick

I can see a lot of what you are saying, but I would disagree about the years of decline, 3 years ago we finished 11th, two years ago we had an FA Cup semi final and last season a League Cup semi final.

Prior to last season we had a couple of years at 15th which is around where we stand in the grand scheme of things.

The only bad year we had up until last season was 17/18 and even then we got to the FA Cup semi final.

The years of decline that you mention actually saw us get to more semi finals then we had done in the previous 30 years

Some fair points, but it "felt" like a decline, albeit slowly but surely and many could see relegation coming. Ings went, Hojberg went, Romeu went, and previous to that losing Mane, Pelle, VD, Fonte, Tadic even the likes of Gabbiadini, felt ominous. They were top, top players, not properly replaced. How many times did many say, "if we carry on selling top players and not replacing them , we will go down?". And so it happened. Last year, after losing Broja, Ings still not replaced, Romeu went, Long went, Forster went, a shaky defence, we just weren't good enough and the decline came to a head. I'd also say cup games are deceiving Grimsby got to a quarter final, Wigan won the cup and then ended up in league one.

But it is what it is. It's a lesson in respecting your "true" fans. There are thousands of them throughout Millbrook, Shirley, Southampton and beyond who simply can't afford £45 - £80 tickets in the PL. Our local, loyal fans also want atmospheres and don't want to be sat near rich day trippers, tourists taking pictures sat there in silence or people who don't care about our club. They were priced out and replaced by rich day trippers, who would pay the money to take pictures of Haaland back home. That's not what football is about to most proper fans of their local club.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 14:41]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton Announce Surge In Season Ticket Sales on 14:52 - Aug 2 with 965 viewsCity_boy

Just need a 'surge' in new signings now !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024