Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 Things About Swansea Game 21:57 - Dec 27 with 1662 viewsSaintNick

1. Last season a full house was 31, 600 ish where were the 1.500 empty seats on Boxing Day.

2. We are becoming a very good side, Ipswich & Leeds must be starting to fear us.

3. Stewards in the Kingsland are disinterested, poorly trained and do nothing but obstruct the stairs to the seating deck and every so often walk up and down for no reason.

4. The fringe players are doing a good job, Manning, Mara, Aribo, Edozie, Fraser etc all playing a part.

5. Again I reiterate, I'm not usually a fan of loud music when goals are scored but it is getting the atmosphere going, it just needs people to start doing it fgor themselves more often

6. I hear countless songs about Pompey but not a thing about Cardiff from the away section

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

6 Things About Swansea Game on 22:23 - Dec 27 with 1603 viewsSouthamptonfan

1) I noticed that was a netting between the away and home support and a further section of empty seats (in block 43 is it?) where Saints had only sold half of the block to home fans. Plus obviously the netting in the Kingsland North. There were also about 350 unsold tickets on the ticket exchange. Added to that, no trains so perhaps a few didn't go. Plymouth will be bringing a full contingent, without a section of.unsold seats, just a netting, so the Plymouth attendance will be higher.

2) Agreed, Ipswich in particular, will be looking over their shoulders and starting to fret.

3) The stewards seem to be different faces every game. They do some bizarre tick box exercise and walk from the bottom of the steps to the top and then back down again usually around the 60th minute. When someone actually needs help, they are nowhere to be seen.

4) Yes, love Aribo, Edozie and Fraser. Sorry Manning and Mara, but they are not quite a effective as the other three you mention.

5) Loved the gold music after Aribo's goal, absolutely brilliant. Also loved the Christmas rendition of this year, we give it to Russel Martin.

6) Agree about the Pompey songs. It gets a bit tedious.

St Mary's is definitely becoming a much happier place, great to see. It's loud at times, the atmosphere is definitely getting good but would like to see more people join.in with the singing and give it a bit more power maybe. There are still fans who just quietly clap, seem very relaxed and just too quiet.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 22:26]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

6 Things About Swansea Game on 23:04 - Dec 27 with 1556 viewsSaintNick

6 Things About Swansea Game on 22:23 - Dec 27 by Southamptonfan

1) I noticed that was a netting between the away and home support and a further section of empty seats (in block 43 is it?) where Saints had only sold half of the block to home fans. Plus obviously the netting in the Kingsland North. There were also about 350 unsold tickets on the ticket exchange. Added to that, no trains so perhaps a few didn't go. Plymouth will be bringing a full contingent, without a section of.unsold seats, just a netting, so the Plymouth attendance will be higher.

2) Agreed, Ipswich in particular, will be looking over their shoulders and starting to fret.

3) The stewards seem to be different faces every game. They do some bizarre tick box exercise and walk from the bottom of the steps to the top and then back down again usually around the 60th minute. When someone actually needs help, they are nowhere to be seen.

4) Yes, love Aribo, Edozie and Fraser. Sorry Manning and Mara, but they are not quite a effective as the other three you mention.

5) Loved the gold music after Aribo's goal, absolutely brilliant. Also loved the Christmas rendition of this year, we give it to Russel Martin.

6) Agree about the Pompey songs. It gets a bit tedious.

St Mary's is definitely becoming a much happier place, great to see. It's loud at times, the atmosphere is definitely getting good but would like to see more people join.in with the singing and give it a bit more power maybe. There are still fans who just quietly clap, seem very relaxed and just too quiet.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 22:26]

1, The 350 on the ticket exchange would be counted in the total attendance if unsold as they are season tickets so are always counted.

4. Manning and Mara might not be as effective as the others, but they still do a job, Mara has helped close out a few games and had an assist, it's not always about doing a big job, sometimes small jobs are needed to be done.

6 Things About Swansea Game on 23:10 - Dec 27 with 1542 viewsSouthamptonfan

6 Things About Swansea Game on 23:04 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

1, The 350 on the ticket exchange would be counted in the total attendance if unsold as they are season tickets so are always counted.

4. Manning and Mara might not be as effective as the others, but they still do a job, Mara has helped close out a few games and had an assist, it's not always about doing a big job, sometimes small jobs are needed to be done.

Mara actually has grown on me to be fair. He has come on and scored a couple of goals and seem to remember a quality assist, but would.like to see more from him. Manning is poor imo. Wasn't aware that season ticket holders are always counted. Again the attendance isn't then accurate as God forbid, imagine half the ST holders are absent one game through a virus in the area, the stadium is half empty yet they say the ground is close to full? Seems.strange but I'm sure you're right.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 23:16]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

6 Things About Swansea Game on 23:15 - Dec 27 with 1535 viewsSaintNick

6 Things About Swansea Game on 23:10 - Dec 27 by Southamptonfan

Mara actually has grown on me to be fair. He has come on and scored a couple of goals and seem to remember a quality assist, but would.like to see more from him. Manning is poor imo. Wasn't aware that season ticket holders are always counted. Again the attendance isn't then accurate as God forbid, imagine half the ST holders are absent one game through a virus in the area, the stadium is half empty yet they say the ground is close to full? Seems.strange but I'm sure you're right.

Thats pretty much it, if we have 21,000 season ticket holders then they are all counted

6 Things About Swansea Game on 01:31 - Dec 28 with 1438 viewsTimSaint

1. It wasn't rammed, but I was expecting over 31K to be the official attendance.

2. A great results day - Leeds lose and we gain 3 points and 6 goals on them, Leicester and Ipswich draw so we gain 2 points and 5 goals on both. The top 2 are worried !!

3. Stewards are always blocking the stairs - especially at HT and FT when there is the most traffic. It is in their job description FFS !!

4. Our only issues in the 1st half were : Sleeping / not man marking at the free kick. The amount of space our full backs gave to the Swansea wingers. Both Manning and Stephens kept getting sucked in to the CB positions leaving acres of space on the wings. Watch that Lowe effort - Manning allowed the winger so much time to pinpoint a cross to the far post, where luckily, a completely unmarked Lowe volleyed high and wide. Manning did well after that though, but Stephens although generally ok, got done a few times.
The other fringe players / subs all came on and made an impact. Fraser made up for all those misses v Cardiff, Che chased everything and was desperate for a goal, Mara got an assist and Smallbone was terrier like with his pressing.

5. Don't mind the goal music so much these days - especially as it means we are scoring. 'Gold' when Aribo scored was inspired. Even the Swansea fans were raving to Zombie Nation when our 4th and 5th went in !! Superb :-)

6. As there was an ex-Skate on the pitch, it was obvious there would be Pompey songs. Swansea sang a few Anti-England Songs instead, oh and Land of Our Fathers.

TimSaint

6 Things About Swansea Game on 06:44 - Dec 28 with 1347 viewsSalisburySaint

6 Things About Swansea Game on 01:31 - Dec 28 by TimSaint

1. It wasn't rammed, but I was expecting over 31K to be the official attendance.

2. A great results day - Leeds lose and we gain 3 points and 6 goals on them, Leicester and Ipswich draw so we gain 2 points and 5 goals on both. The top 2 are worried !!

3. Stewards are always blocking the stairs - especially at HT and FT when there is the most traffic. It is in their job description FFS !!

4. Our only issues in the 1st half were : Sleeping / not man marking at the free kick. The amount of space our full backs gave to the Swansea wingers. Both Manning and Stephens kept getting sucked in to the CB positions leaving acres of space on the wings. Watch that Lowe effort - Manning allowed the winger so much time to pinpoint a cross to the far post, where luckily, a completely unmarked Lowe volleyed high and wide. Manning did well after that though, but Stephens although generally ok, got done a few times.
The other fringe players / subs all came on and made an impact. Fraser made up for all those misses v Cardiff, Che chased everything and was desperate for a goal, Mara got an assist and Smallbone was terrier like with his pressing.

5. Don't mind the goal music so much these days - especially as it means we are scoring. 'Gold' when Aribo scored was inspired. Even the Swansea fans were raving to Zombie Nation when our 4th and 5th went in !! Superb :-)

6. As there was an ex-Skate on the pitch, it was obvious there would be Pompey songs. Swansea sang a few Anti-England Songs instead, oh and Land of Our Fathers.

1. Loads of segregation in Northam and of course Block 1 closed why only just over 30k

2. The cheer in Cricketers pre match, when Preston winning goal went in told just how much that result meant to Saints fans

4. People continually have a go at Manning, but from watching Saints this season, I think the full backs are actually expected by RM to play tight into the CB’s, it’s part of the masterplan.

6. Less, but still too many anti Pompey songs, does my head in, on lower tier at QPR around me every other song seemed to be anti Pompey, why can’t these generally nippers sing pro Saints songs
6 Things About Swansea Game on 07:03 - Dec 28 with 1338 viewsPatfromPoole

6 Things About Swansea Game on 06:44 - Dec 28 by SalisburySaint

1. Loads of segregation in Northam and of course Block 1 closed why only just over 30k

2. The cheer in Cricketers pre match, when Preston winning goal went in told just how much that result meant to Saints fans

4. People continually have a go at Manning, but from watching Saints this season, I think the full backs are actually expected by RM to play tight into the CB’s, it’s part of the masterplan.

6. Less, but still too many anti Pompey songs, does my head in, on lower tier at QPR around me every other song seemed to be anti Pompey, why can’t these generally nippers sing pro Saints songs

Re 4.

It’s not a masterplan.

The sitter that Jamal Lowe missed was completely down to Manning taking up a central position.

Swansea’s right-sided attacker had loads of space and time to pick out the cross that Lowe cocked up.

I don’t like it at all. Leaves us exposed out wide.

Re 6.

At away games, our fans are more interested in singing in pubs and the concourse of away ends, rather than while the game is on. Just plain odd, and not a new phenomenon.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

6 Things About Swansea Game on 07:07 - Dec 28 with 1334 viewsPatfromPoole

6 Things About Swansea Game on 23:04 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

With respect, this is nonsense.

Mara is yet to do anything without the game already being won.

He has zero impact when it actually counts.

I’d rather we wrote off the Mara experiment, loan him out in January, and give Dibling some game time if we need “small jobs” to be done.

Login to get fewer ads

6 Things About Swansea Game on 09:16 - Dec 28 with 1208 viewsSalisburySaint

6 Things About Swansea Game on 07:03 - Dec 28 by PatfromPoole

Re 4.

It’s not a masterplan.

The sitter that Jamal Lowe missed was completely down to Manning taking up a central position.

Swansea’s right-sided attacker had loads of space and time to pick out the cross that Lowe cocked up.

I don’t like it at all. Leaves us exposed out wide.

Re 6.

At away games, our fans are more interested in singing in pubs and the concourse of away ends, rather than while the game is on. Just plain odd, and not a new phenomenon.

Point 4

First can’t just blame Manning at fault for Lowe miss, he was unmarked at back post an area that should have been covered by right side of our defence

Secondly I genuinely believe the full backs are told to tuck in initially when defending

Point 6 fully agree, the tossers are letting flares off on concourses.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 9:49]
6 Things About Swansea Game on 09:22 - Dec 28 with 1201 viewsGRIM

6 Things About Swansea Game on 23:10 - Dec 27 by Southamptonfan

They do count season tickets & hospitality in the attendance figures even if they are not there.
It's about the amount of tickets sold (including season tickets) & 'Not' about the number of people in the stadium.
6 Things About Swansea Game on 09:35 - Dec 28 with 1173 viewsPatfromPoole

6 Things About Swansea Game on 09:16 - Dec 28 by SalisburySaint

Point 4

First can’t just blame Manning at fault for Lowe miss, he was unmarked at back post an area that should have been covered by right side of our defence

Secondly I genuinely believe the full backs are told to tuck in initially when defending

Point 6 fully agree, the tossers are letting flares off on concourses.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 9:49]

Re point 4, I totally agree that Lowe wasn’t Manning’s player to mark.

My point is more about little effort being made to stop the cross coming in.

Which was an issue in Huddersfield’s equaliser at their place.

Puts a lot of onus on Harwood-Bellis and Bednarek to get the crosses (or cross-shots) away.

6 Things About Swansea Game on 09:43 - Dec 28 with 1140 viewsNumber_58

3. Stewards were much better in my day when they wore long white coats which made them look like they should be leading a heffer round the local cattle market, and they usually celebrated a Saints goal by forgetting they were stewards and wildly jumping up and down.

5. Were our lot singing a version of the Allez Allez Allez song, or was it Swansea fans? It was difficult to tell from the other end. If it was us, can someone please let us know the lyrics please?

Also, did anyone notice the band playing outside the family stand turnstiles? They were called Davy Jones Locker apparently. Looking forward to seeing Gordon Strachan's Filing Cabinet, Paul Sturrock's Wardrobe and Nathan Jones' Skip in future weeks.
6 Things About Swansea Game on 12:01 - Dec 28 with 992 viewskingslandstand1

6 Things About Swansea Game on 06:44 - Dec 28 by SalisburySaint

1. The fact that ST holders were able exchange their tkts attendance figures don't make sense at all, but did all ST holders actually turn up?

2. Ditto Bar Terminus

4. Fraser is becoming a Supersub, and took both goals really well. Edozie actually did well, but against a pretty poor RB

5. It was good to see the whole ground joining in with the "arm dancing" highlighting an almost feelgood factor all round

6. It's basically cos we only have one song which others are now nicking and hate to say it, Spurs have almost adopted it as their song!
6 Things About Swansea Game on 13:18 - Dec 28 with 910 viewsarfurdent

Think the stewards in the Kingsland are doing Community Service

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

6 Things About Swansea Game on 14:23 - Dec 28 with 843 viewsSaintNick

6 Things About Swansea Game on 07:07 - Dec 28 by PatfromPoole

With respect, this is nonsense.

Mara is yet to do anything without the game already being won.

He has zero impact when it actually counts.

I’d rather we wrote off the Mara experiment, loan him out in January, and give Dibling some game time if we need “small jobs” to be done.

Pat i accept that you will never give Mara & Manning any credit but a couple of points firstly you weren't at Hull when just before we scored Mara chased back a Hull player who had broken away and made a tackle that meant he never got one on one with one of our defenders,

Secondly it is not just about doing something that directly changes the result, it is about having players who can come on and do a job, in Mara's case close down defenders, put in a shift.

If we judge all of our players on impact them most of the team at QPR had zero impact aside from Manning, Adam Armstrong & Harood Bellis who were involved in the goal and Bazunu who made a couple of good saves, no one else had an impact that actually counted according to your rules

This is a squad effort and that means fresh legs who might not change the result from when they come on, but make sure that we don't change it in a negative way.

Mara's zero impact might actually count come the end of the season with regard to goal difference

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024