Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window 05:34 - Jan 28 with 5151 viewsMattFinish

3 days left and not a sausage.

The biggest deal i expect is Lamina going and probably someone we've never heard of on a half season loan

Thanks F& PP test
Transfer window on 08:33 - Jan 28 with 2732 viewsMarcus_y

Got to be honest, I never expected much more than a loan or maybe one buy.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Transfer window on 10:03 - Jan 28 with 2663 viewssaint22

Twas ever thus, the Southampton way, amazing we have done so well with what we have at the back tbh
Transfer window on 10:33 - Jan 28 with 2632 viewsBicester_North

Transfer window on 10:03 - Jan 28 by saint22

Twas ever thus, the Southampton way, amazing we have done so well with what we have at the back tbh

Especially with a clueless manager hey Benji?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Transfer window on 10:50 - Jan 28 with 2613 viewssaint22

Transfer window on 10:33 - Jan 28 by Bicester_North

Especially with a clueless manager hey Benji?

Morning Les_Dunce_Del_Weirdo_Stalker_LittleLife
Transfer window on 11:38 - Jan 28 with 2571 viewsdirk_doone

The owners' aim and the manager's aim in the transfer market are not exactly the same. The owners want to make a profit while the manager wants to strengthen the team. We'll probably only buy a player if one can be sold for more. A compromise would be to sell a player who is not in the first team and bring someone in on loan so that seems the most likely scenario. This is not necessarily all that bad as our recruitment department's most expensive signings in recent years have largely been a waste of money.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Transfer window on 11:39 - Jan 28 with 2569 viewsBicester_North

Transfer window on 10:50 - Jan 28 by saint22

Morning Les_Dunce_Del_Weirdo_Stalker_LittleLife

Morning to you Jamesy

Transfer window on 12:00 - Jan 28 with 2543 viewssaint22

Transfer window on 11:38 - Jan 28 by dirk_doone

The owners' aim and the manager's aim in the transfer market are not exactly the same. The owners want to make a profit while the manager wants to strengthen the team. We'll probably only buy a player if one can be sold for more. A compromise would be to sell a player who is not in the first team and bring someone in on loan so that seems the most likely scenario. This is not necessarily all that bad as our recruitment department's most expensive signings in recent years have largely been a waste of money.

Yes all agreed BUT it’s the 28th why the fork are we still waiting?
Transfer window on 12:26 - Jan 28 with 2516 viewsSaintNick

Transfer window on 11:38 - Jan 28 by dirk_doone

Can you show one scrap of evidence that the owners aim is to make a profit on transfers ?

Gao hasn't said much but what little he did say was that the club would be run as a business and he would not throw money at it, he said nothing about making profits and the last accounts showed this.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window on 13:10 - Jan 28 with 2484 viewsIngskneeslide

Transfer window on 12:00 - Jan 28 by saint22

Yes all agreed BUT it’s the 28th why the fork are we still waiting?

In what world do you think the club are deliberately waiting to buy a player as late as possible without a good reason you unbearable simpleton? Maybe they're doing it just to wind you up (something I'd support to be fair). I know you fly across to NY to secure a deal in 10 minutes flat before heading back, but in reality football tranfers are a little more complicated to negotiate than in the magic bean industry that you're used to.
Transfer window on 14:08 - Jan 28 with 2426 viewsdirk_doone

Transfer window on 12:26 - Jan 28 by SaintNick

Can you show one scrap of evidence that the owners aim is to make a profit on transfers ?

Gao hasn't said much but what little he did say was that the club would be run as a business and he would not throw money at it, he said nothing about making profits and the last accounts showed this.

Yes, the profits made in transfer windows. In fact, we have made a profit in more transfer windows in recent years than almost any other top flight club.

Remember these figures are for transfer fees in and out only, which means that none of our Premier League income of more than half a billion pounds in this period has been spent in the transfer market. Kat alone has made a profit of quarter of a billion pounds out of the club so far.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu

I'm not calling on the club to spend large sums of money in the transfer market but merely pointing out that Kat & Gao view the football club as a business out of which they can make money and for them that takes priority over football considerations.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 14:23]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Transfer window on 14:17 - Jan 28 with 2405 viewsRon11

Transfer window on 14:08 - Jan 28 by dirk_doone

Yes, the profits made in transfer windows. In fact, we have made a profit in more transfer windows in recent years than almost any other top flight club.

Remember these figures are for transfer fees in and out only, which means that none of our Premier League income of more than half a billion pounds in this period has been spent in the transfer market. Kat alone has made a profit of quarter of a billion pounds out of the club so far.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu

I'm not calling on the club to spend large sums of money in the transfer market but merely pointing out that Kat & Gao view the football club as a business out of which they can make money and for them that takes priority over football considerations.

Not thrown money at it only because Ralph (or somebody) has produced a near miraculous return to form.
At one point an escape from relegation semmed impossible.
Transfer window on 14:47 - Jan 28 with 2346 viewsthis_charming_man

If there was one word I'd use to describe our next signing, that word would be imminent.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Transfer window on 16:06 - Jan 28 with 2300 viewsthis_charming_man

Transfer window on 12:26 - Jan 28 by SaintNick

Yes, the last 5 years annual player trading.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 16:06]

Transfer window on 16:41 - Jan 28 with 2254 viewsScoot

The club is bogus. Never going to buy, never do at xmas window. Not since Mane anyway. KWP might be coming in on loan but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Get Gao out fooking asset stripper just like Lowe. At least Lowe hot us SMS. Kat can fook off too.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Transfer window on 16:50 - Jan 28 with 2239 viewssaint22

Transfer window on 14:47 - Jan 28 by this_charming_man

If there was one word I'd use to describe our next signing, that word would be imminent.

is that the same imminent as three weeks back pal?
you are right on the money, your business must be thriving, do your customers wait for imminent carpet installation only to be waiting months?
Transfer window on 17:07 - Jan 28 with 2204 viewsthis_charming_man

Transfer window on 16:41 - Jan 28 by Scoot

The club is bogus. Never going to buy, never do at xmas window. Not since Mane anyway. KWP might be coming in on loan but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Get Gao out fooking asset stripper just like Lowe. At least Lowe hot us SMS. Kat can fook off too.

we didn't buy Mane in the January window.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 17:07]

Transfer window on 17:10 - Jan 28 with 2194 viewsBicester_North

Transfer window on 16:41 - Jan 28 by Scoot

Carillo, Gabbiadini

Transfer window on 17:10 - Jan 28 with 2192 viewsthis_charming_man

Transfer window on 16:50 - Jan 28 by saint22

you are right on the money, your business must be thriving, do your customers wait for imminent carpet installation only to be waiting months?

my business is project led, most of my partners would rather wait a few weeks and get the job done properly rather than a rushed botch job which is either incorrectly completed or not cost effective. I guess your work is more time pressured than mine when you need to replenish the shelves before the store reopens, hence your impatience.

Transfer window on 17:28 - Jan 28 with 2164 viewsButty101

Transfer window on 16:06 - Jan 28 by this_charming_man

Yes, the last 5 years annual player trading.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 16:06]

TCM what you forgetting, is that saints are a unique club, in the they have to pay tax, NI, bonuses etc. Hence all that money has been spent

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Transfer window on 17:49 - Jan 28 with 2135 viewsHeisenberg

Transfer window on 16:50 - Jan 28 by saint22

What's wrong with selling or installing carpets for a living ? Don't you think looking down on the way people make a living seems a bit elitist.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Transfer window on 17:59 - Jan 28 with 2128 viewsthis_charming_man

Transfer window on 17:49 - Jan 28 by Heisenberg

What's wrong with selling or installing carpets for a living ? Don't you think looking down on the way people make a living seems a bit elitist.

He/she is a man/woman of many contradictions Heisenberg.

Transfer window on 18:51 - Jan 28 with 2064 viewsthis_charming_man

The only club to make a profit. You can’t really compare us to Norwich who are the other one as they’ve spent a lot of the last 5 years outside of top flight. Move of a comparison are all the other clubs.

If we have to sell to buy then we have been incredibly badly run over the last few years which kind of p1sses all over the defence made that we are well run and had great corporate governance. However we’ve made £70m pre tax profit the last two years so we are doing very nicely thank you.
It’s just a shame that the money doesn’t seem to be putting back into the playing squad
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 18:54]

Transfer window on 19:24 - Jan 28 with 2016 viewsTripleNiemi

Dirk, how dare you provide such stats again. We cannot keep trotting out the net spend trophy figures.

All this merely highlights is that there must be a shed load of cash completely spūnked in other areas of the business since nobody is taking a penny out. Either that, or we must hold the PL record for the highest wage bill ever in history.

Still - respect to the hierachy as they are getting away with it....for the time being. One day though......
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 19:44]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Transfer window on 19:41 - Jan 28 with 1974 viewsScoot

Transfer window on 17:10 - Jan 28 by Bicester_North

Carillo, Gabbiadini

I forgot about them. Sorry! But that was 2 years aho for Guido & 3 for Manni & neither had an impact although both had a rough deal in my opinion. Manni was certainly treated rough.
Last year and this in both fans forums we have been told there would be signings. Nothing last year and nothing so fat this. All this sell to buy is BS. We have 2 billionaire owners who constantly use us as a piggy bank. Where is all the TV money?

Poll: Should NJ go?

Transfer window on 19:55 - Jan 28 with 1954 viewsthis_charming_man

Transfer window on 19:24 - Jan 28 by TripleNiemi

Dirk, how dare you provide such stats again. We cannot keep trotting out the net spend trophy figures.

All this merely highlights is that there must be a shed load of cash completely spūnked in other areas of the business since nobody is taking a penny out. Either that, or we must hold the PL record for the highest wage bill ever in history.

Still - respect to the hierachy as they are getting away with it....for the time being. One day though......
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 19:44]

Goas investment is safe for another year by the looks of it so no need to spend any money. We have a very big transfer window in January, if as expected along, Cedric and Yoshida go at the end of their contracts we need 3 in just to stand still. Plus I’d assume we will still try to flog the loan players and a few others who won’t get much of game like vestergaard. If our recent track record is anything to go by I wouldn’t be getting too excited about incomings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024