Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top Entertainers From Southampton 12:00 - Mar 9 with 3639 viewsBison

1. Jim Chorley
2. Howard Jones
3. Craig David
4. Benny Hill

Struggling now.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 12:12 - Mar 9 with 2861 viewsdirk_doone

Tommy Cooper lived in Southampton.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 12:14 - Mar 9 with 2858 viewsTheMoog

Will Champion - drummer from Coldplay. STH I believe.

Standby to standby

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 12:25 - Mar 9 with 2845 viewsBicester_North

Jonah Lewie

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 12:33 - Mar 9 with 2819 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

A real smorgasbord of talent. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Mike Osman.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 13:02 - Mar 9 with 2807 viewsdirk_doone

Film director, Ken Russell and novelist, Jane Austen both lived in Southampton.

ITV newsreader, Chris Ship.

Actress, Laura Carmichael:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Carmichael
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 11:15]

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 13:06 - Mar 9 with 2801 viewssaint22

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 12:14 - Mar 9 by TheMoog

Will Champion - drummer from Coldplay. STH I believe.

Indeed you are correct
Found myself in a box with him at the Johnstones Paint final in 2010, very nice chap

Can you believe its 20 years since their one and only good album?!
Top Entertainers From Southampton on 13:19 - Mar 9 with 2783 viewsthis_charming_man

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 13:06 - Mar 9 by saint22

Indeed you are correct
Found myself in a box with him at the Johnstones Paint final in 2010, very nice chap

Was it a ASDA box where they reward high performing shelf stackers with a trip to the JPT final?

Your second line is true.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 13:22 - Mar 9 with 2780 viewsdirk_doone

Harold Davidson, also known as the Rector of Stiffkey, the Prostitutes' Padre, was very entertaining. After he'd saved a number of fallen women for himself, he was convicted of immorality by a church court. Davidson strongly protested his innocence and to raise funds for his legal campaign, he exhibited himself in a barrel on the Blackpool seafront. He performed in other sideshows of a similar nature, and died after a cage fight with two lions in a spectacular seaside show in Skegness.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 15:39]

Login to get fewer ads

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 13:46 - Mar 9 with 2721 viewsRon11

Denis Bundy
Top Entertainers From Southampton on 14:03 - Mar 9 with 2717 viewsdirk_doone

Billy Reid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Reid_(British_songwriter)

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 16:25 - Mar 9 with 2658 viewskingslandstand1

Indeed you are correct

You are stretching it a bit now 22 - but as he has (well did have I think) an Season Ticket at SMS, you may also be sitting next to him then?

And I actually preferred Mylo Xyloto, but what has taste got to do with opinion
Top Entertainers From Southampton on 17:18 - Mar 9 with 2623 viewsfranniesTache

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 16:25 - Mar 9 by kingslandstand1

You are stretching it a bit now 22 - but as he has (well did have I think) an Season Ticket at SMS, you may also be sitting next to him then?

And I actually preferred Mylo Xyloto, but what has taste got to do with opinion

Will still does have a season ticket, as does his dad, though he doesn't go so often anymore (for obvious reasons), in fact his whole family were/are big Saints fans, his mum (sadly gone) used to go before she passed too.
Top Entertainers From Southampton on 18:49 - Mar 9 with 2570 viewsJimieIrie

The Southampton 6 degree of separation in effect, as I once 'borrowed' a bottle of milk from Benny Hill's doorstep, lived on the same estate as Craig David and was in a Ska band with (a) Howard
To be on that list is an honour indeed Bison
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 19:00]
Top Entertainers From Southampton on 19:58 - Mar 9 with 2538 viewsCapt_Koons

Danny La Rue

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 20:31 - Mar 9 with 2516 viewsKennington

Alan Fitzpatrick, big techno dj. Has a residency in Ibiza etc.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 20:42 - Mar 9 with 2508 viewsgreen

Tiff Needell, season ticket holder in the Kingsland, born in Havant - does that count as the wider Southampton area? ;-)
Top Entertainers From Southampton on 20:57 - Mar 9 with 2494 viewsTripleNiemi

Indeed you are correct

God...the thought of listening to any Coldplay material ;-) What a drab act they are.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 20:57]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 08:00 - Mar 10 with 2401 viewskernow

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 13:22 - Mar 9 by dirk_doone

Harold Davidson, also known as the Rector of Stiffkey, the Prostitutes' Padre, was very entertaining. After he'd saved a number of fallen women for himself, he was convicted of immorality by a church court. Davidson strongly protested his innocence and to raise funds for his legal campaign, he exhibited himself in a barrel on the Blackpool seafront. He performed in other sideshows of a similar nature, and died after a cage fight with two lions in a spectacular seaside show in Skegness.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 15:39]

Never heard of him before but Harold Davidson sounds like my kind of hero.
Top Entertainers From Southampton (n/t) on 08:02 - Mar 10 with 2400 viewskernow

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 19:58 - Mar 9 by Capt_Koons

Danny La Rue

He did 3 gigs on the QE2 and on the last night he did a show for the crew for free.
Fecking hilarious.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 8:04]
Top Entertainers From Southampton on 10:28 - Mar 10 with 2357 viewsdirk_doone

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 08:00 - Mar 10 by kernow

Never heard of him before but Harold Davidson sounds like my kind of hero.

He won several medals as a naval chaplain, spending most of his time in the brothels of Cairo, where he was arrested during a raid by the military police.

Davidson in action, saving a fallen woman. At times, he had up to 30 of them in his home:

[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 11:26]

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 10:50 - Mar 10 with 2337 viewsdirk_doone

Harry Stubbs, who appeared in more than 50 Hollywood movies in the pre-war era.

Stanley Ridges

[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 11:19]

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 11:02 - Mar 10 with 2325 viewsdirk_doone

50's and 60's film star, Dorinda Stevens, pictured here in Carry On Constable:

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 11:16 - Mar 10 with 2309 viewsTheMoog

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 10:28 - Mar 10 by dirk_doone

He won several medals as a naval chaplain, spending most of his time in the brothels of Cairo, where he was arrested during a raid by the military police.

Davidson in action, saving a fallen woman. At times, he had up to 30 of them in his home:

[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 11:26]

What medals did he win?

Standby to standby

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 11:20 - Mar 10 with 2304 viewsdirk_doone

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 11:16 - Mar 10 by TheMoog

What medals did he win?

The ones in the first picture. I 'm no expert but I guess they were just campaign medals for his service as a naval chaplain on several ships during the First World War.

~Davidson was 39 years old at the outbreak of war in 1914. In October 1915, he joined the Royal Navy as a chaplain. He began his service on HMS Gibraltar, a depot ship based in the Shetland Islands, where he irritated his shipmates by calling church parades every time another ship visited the anchorage; he had the full approval of the base commander, Vice Admiral Sir Reginald Tupper, who was known as "Holy Reggie".

Davidson's service report from Gibraltar's captain records that "he performs his duties in a perfunctory manner. Not on good terms with messmates, disregards mess rules and regulations".In October 1916 Davidson joined HMS Fox in the Middle East, and shortly afterwards was arrested by the naval police during a raid on a Cairo brothel. Again his commanding officer's reports were negative; however, Davidson remained with the Fox until August 1918 when he was posted to HMS Leviathan in the northern Atlantic. Here, his commander was slightly more complimentary; he found Davidson "a clever writer and entertainer "
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 11:30]

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 11:30 - Mar 10 with 2291 viewsTheMoog

Top Entertainers From Southampton on 11:20 - Mar 10 by dirk_doone

The ones in the first picture. I 'm no expert but I guess they were just campaign medals for his service as a naval chaplain on several ships during the First World War.

~Davidson was 39 years old at the outbreak of war in 1914. In October 1915, he joined the Royal Navy as a chaplain. He began his service on HMS Gibraltar, a depot ship based in the Shetland Islands, where he irritated his shipmates by calling church parades every time another ship visited the anchorage; he had the full approval of the base commander, Vice Admiral Sir Reginald Tupper, who was known as "Holy Reggie".

Davidson's service report from Gibraltar's captain records that "he performs his duties in a perfunctory manner. Not on good terms with messmates, disregards mess rules and regulations".In October 1916 Davidson joined HMS Fox in the Middle East, and shortly afterwards was arrested by the naval police during a raid on a Cairo brothel. Again his commanding officer's reports were negative; however, Davidson remained with the Fox until August 1918 when he was posted to HMS Leviathan in the northern Atlantic. Here, his commander was slightly more complimentary; he found Davidson "a clever writer and entertainer "
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 11:30]

Ah okay, I was hoping you had some interesting stories of derring do ie medals won rather than issued.

Probably the 1914-15 Star, Victory Medal and British War Medal.

Standby to standby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024