Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bundesliga planning on may restart 09:59 - Apr 21 with 1987 viewsthis_charming_man

season to be completed by End of June, no fans until next year.

The Germans seem to have managed this better than most.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 10:01 - Apr 21 with 1371 viewssolent_toffee

Will they be playing the games at their own stadiums?

I think this could be done in England if it wasn’t for the piss stained hordes of the Cult and their mass gatherings outside the tin mine.
Bundesliga planning on may restart on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 1368 viewsthis_charming_man

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 10:01 - Apr 21 by solent_toffee

I think this could be done in England if it wasn’t for the piss stained hordes of the Cult and their mass gatherings outside the tin mine.

The report i read didnt say, just said empty stadiums. I guess the Daily Mail as our our new favoured source of information will enlighten us?

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 10:36 - Apr 21 with 1324 viewsSaintNick

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 10:04 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

The report i read didnt say, just said empty stadiums. I guess the Daily Mail as our our new favoured source of information will enlighten us?

As I said six weeks ago this is the plan for the UK, restart beginning of June behnd closed doors, not ideal but better than any other alternative if it means being able to finish this season

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 11:51 - Apr 21 with 1288 views1885_SFC

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 10:01 - Apr 21 by solent_toffee

Talking of which - I see the large number of virus cases in Merseyside are being linked to the Liverpool v Athletico CL game. This was played when the city of Madrid was under partial lockdown and when the mayor of Madrid said it was a mistake to allow 3,000 fans to travel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52362099

Old School is Cool

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 11:57 - Apr 21 with 1279 viewsPatfromPoole

It won’t happen.

It won’t happen in England either.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 11:58 - Apr 21 with 1278 viewsPatfromPoole

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 10:36 - Apr 21 by SaintNick

As I said six weeks ago this is the plan for the UK, restart beginning of June behnd closed doors, not ideal but better than any other alternative if it means being able to finish this season

No chance the Government will allow this.

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 12:16 - Apr 21 with 1267 views1885_SFC

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 11:58 - Apr 21 by PatfromPoole

I don't think it will happen either. I expect finishing the football season isn't even on the government's radar or priorities of things to consider. Why would it be?

The problem is this; so they restart the season behind closed doors, no fans, but each game is televised. Up and down this country, hundreds of thousands of fans (probably more) who normally go to games with their mates will think "fook this" in their boredom & the sunny weather and attempt to drive to a mates house to watch the game and enjoy a beer together watching the match. When they get to their mates house, there will be the wife or girlfriend... and probably kids. This would happen - thousands of times - up and down the country.

Old School is Cool

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:11 - Apr 21 with 1235 views1885_SFC

Incidentally - anyone who thinks this virus is going away anytime soon is in for a shock.

There were 12 deaths reported in Scotland yesterday. Today there are 70.

Even allowing for the weekend/the Scottish system used for recording deaths - it isn't going away for a long time yet.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:29 - Apr 21 with 1219 views1teeminants

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 11:58 - Apr 21 by PatfromPoole

I think you’re overreacting sir if you dont mind me saying so . I see no reason while we won’t restart here in June behind closed doors.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:33 - Apr 21 with 1213 viewsthis_charming_man

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:11 - Apr 21 by 1885_SFC

Incidentally - anyone who thinks this virus is going away anytime soon is in for a shock.

There were 12 deaths reported in Scotland yesterday. Today there are 70.

Even allowing for the weekend/the Scottish system used for recording deaths - it isn't going away for a long time yet.

Does anyone actually think it will then? We need a way of managing it, you cant keep the country in lock down forever.

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:39 - Apr 21 with 1205 viewssaint22

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 12:16 - Apr 21 by 1885_SFC

I don't think it will happen either. I expect finishing the football season isn't even on the government's radar or priorities of things to consider. Why would it be?

The problem is this; so they restart the season behind closed doors, no fans, but each game is televised. Up and down this country, hundreds of thousands of fans (probably more) who normally go to games with their mates will think "fook this" in their boredom & the sunny weather and attempt to drive to a mates house to watch the game and enjoy a beer together watching the match. When they get to their mates house, there will be the wife or girlfriend... and probably kids. This would happen - thousands of times - up and down the country.

Not to mention as I have said before the infrastructure needed, medics, police etc and they want all participants tested before it goes ahead!?
why should they get priority testing over vulnerable and elderly?

Our priorities should lie elsewhere plus Sky should be reimbursing us all for lost sporting coverage, hey Rupert
Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:44 - Apr 21 with 1197 viewssolent_toffee

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:39 - Apr 21 by saint22

Not to mention as I have said before the infrastructure needed, medics, police etc and they want all participants tested before it goes ahead!?

Our priorities should lie elsewhere plus Sky should be reimbursing us all for lost sporting coverage, hey Rupert

Michael Gove’s 15 year old daughter was tested the other week which was a bit nuts.

Murdoch doesn’t own sky now does he? Thought he sold it to Disney?
Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:48 - Apr 21 with 1186 viewsPatfromPoole

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:29 - Apr 21 by 1teeminants

I think you’re overreacting sir if you dont mind me saying so . I see no reason while we won’t restart here in June behind closed doors.

Whilst the rest of the country are wearing face masks and not allowed within 2 metres of each other?

You will also find that the players won’t want to play. Some of them are already publicly starting to say that it’s madness. The only ones who won’t are Liverpool players for obvious reasons.

Just not going to happen.

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:03 - Apr 21 with 1171 views1885_SFC

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:33 - Apr 21 by this_charming_man

Does anyone actually think it will then? We need a way of managing it, you cant keep the country in lock down forever.

You're right - we can't stay in lockdown forever.

Getting people back to work safely & restarting the economy is the No.1 priority. Things like football, music festivals and theme parks are a long way behind that.

Old School is Cool

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:29 - Apr 21 with 1151 viewsRonManager

Sky are suspending Sports account payments. Did mine last month.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:32 - Apr 21 with 1141 viewsPatfromPoole

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:29 - Apr 21 by RonManager

Sky are suspending Sports account payments. Did mine last month.

That’s until live sport returns.

They will obviously be absolutely desperate for football to return. They would make such a ridiculous song and dance about it, even if it was behind closed doors.

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:43 - Apr 21 with 1132 viewsdirk_doone

If European and domestic football does return this summer, teams are going to be at various stages of fitness and preparation. The Germans will be the best prepared as they have been in training for some time now (Bayern Munich or RB Leipzig to win the Champions League) while in this country, teams hoping to win honours or those in the relegation zone will be a lot better prepared than mid-table teams, 1 or 2 of which could get dragged down into the bottom 3.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 14:50]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:45 - Apr 21 with 1121 viewsPatfromPoole

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:43 - Apr 21 by dirk_doone

If European and domestic football does return this summer, teams are going to be at various stages of fitness and preparation. The Germans will be the best prepared as they have been in training for some time now (Bayern Munich or RB Leipzig to win the Champions League) while in this country, teams hoping to win honours or those in the relegation zone will be a lot better prepared than mid-table teams, 1 or 2 of which could get dragged down into the bottom 3.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 14:50]

The Germans are the best prepared for pretty much everything in life.

One of life’s inevitabilities....

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:47 - Apr 21 with 1118 views1885_SFC

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:45 - Apr 21 by PatfromPoole

The Germans are the best prepared for pretty much everything in life.

One of life’s inevitabilities....

Except for D-Day

Old School is Cool

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:54 - Apr 21 with 1104 viewsbattler

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 14:47 - Apr 21 by 1885_SFC

Except for D-Day

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 15:01 - Apr 21 with 1097 viewsSaintsforeverj

Agreed. I posted the other day, that the season will likely be finished in the Summer behind closed doors. Rather than voiding the season, all relegation, promotion, title issues will be solved and we can get on with football, every club in the right league. Clubs won't go bust and we carry on. I can't see why we can't just get the league finished on the summer and start the new one in October for example, maybe without the cups for one year. But some on here, said the government won't allow the season to finish.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 15:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 15:13 - Apr 21 with 1069 views1teeminants

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 13:48 - Apr 21 by PatfromPoole

Whilst the rest of the country are wearing face masks and not allowed within 2 metres of each other?

You will also find that the players won’t want to play. Some of them are already publicly starting to say that it’s madness. The only ones who won’t are Liverpool players for obvious reasons.

Just not going to happen.

I beg to differ

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 19:04 - Apr 21 with 1002 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

This. Complete waste of time and resources to test f**king sports people to play. They can wait.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 22:07 - Apr 21 with 899 views1885_SFC

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 19:04 - Apr 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This. Complete waste of time and resources to test f**king sports people to play. They can wait.

The coonts will find a way around it - probably by each club or the FA footing the bill for private testing. You wait and see.

Old School is Cool

Bundesliga planning on may restart on 09:33 - Apr 22 with 823 viewshuelinsaint

The fairest way would be to restart this season in February 2021,no worries about playing behind closed doors,it would be exactly the same as this season but a year later, Euro 2020 is being played next year.There could one fly in the ointment though if UEFA play their competitions next season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024