Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football 09:25 - Apr 28 with 2963 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52329/planning-ramped-up

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 11:51 - Apr 28 with 1149 viewskernow

Is this planning applicable to all football or just Premier League?
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:24 - Apr 28 with 1123 viewsSteveMoron

Let's hope every frontline worker has been tested by then before footballers get tested.
Can't see it in June.
If just one player gets it, then the whole team and every team they've played in the past 2 weeks will have to be quarantined. It's crazy.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:33 - Apr 28 with 1109 viewsBrands_Hatch_Saints

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:24 - Apr 28 by SteveMoron

Let's hope every frontline worker has been tested by then before footballers get tested.
Can't see it in June.
If just one player gets it, then the whole team and every team they've played in the past 2 weeks will have to be quarantined. It's crazy.

For this reason and others, I just cannot see it working. What happens if the test, and as you say one is infected. Do they play the game and just send that player home, perhaps a key player and thus unfairly wekaneing that sides team for the match? Or, more likely as you say, they would then have to cancel the whole game and then how again before that team with the infected player can play again. Unworkable in my opinion.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:36 - Apr 28 with 1099 viewsSaintNick

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:24 - Apr 28 by SteveMoron

Can't see it in June.

You are coming up with hypothetical what if situations, but it has been confirmed everyone involved with the playing side will be tested both before and after games and subject to stringent guidelines, so your "What If" is not really an issue.

It's like saying "What if one team takes a mid season break in between games to Wuhan province"

Lets look at the positive way football can return, no one is saying it shouldnt be safe it is all under medical guidelines.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:37 - Apr 28 with 1097 viewsSteveMoron

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:33 - Apr 28 by Brands_Hatch_Saints

For this reason and others, I just cannot see it working. What happens if the test, and as you say one is infected. Do they play the game and just send that player home, perhaps a key player and thus unfairly wekaneing that sides team for the match? Or, more likely as you say, they would then have to cancel the whole game and then how again before that team with the infected player can play again. Unworkable in my opinion.

I agree.
Would love it to come back but the season will be cancelled I think.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:37 - Apr 28 with 1096 viewsSaintNick

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 11:51 - Apr 28 by kernow

Is this planning applicable to all football or just Premier League?

I think this bit is just the Premier League and may extend to the Championship, they may end the two lower divisions behind closed doors but they wont be televised

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:41 - Apr 28 with 1092 viewsSteveMoron

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:36 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

You are coming up with hypothetical what if situations, but it has been confirmed everyone involved with the playing side will be tested both before and after games and subject to stringent guidelines, so your "What If" is not really an issue.

It's like saying "What if one team takes a mid season break in between games to Wuhan province"

Lets look at the positive way football can return, no one is saying it shouldnt be safe it is all under medical guidelines.

Testing has been inaccurate. It's a probable 'what if' and it means peoples lives. Players and familes.
I'm not being negative. Just common sense. It ain't happening.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:19 - Apr 28 with 1061 viewsSaintNick

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:41 - Apr 28 by SteveMoron

Testing has been inaccurate. It's a probable 'what if' and it means peoples lives. Players and familes.
I'm not being negative. Just common sense. It ain't happening.

Ok Ill give the Premier League a ring let them know that you know better than the experts, I'm sure they will take your advice.

Quick question, do you think that they A .have just cobbled together a couple of dates in hope or B. that they have been working with the Government and their advisers on this for a couple of months so they are doing so with some sort of accuracy on what and when it can be achieved.

Login to get fewer ads

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:29 - Apr 28 with 1051 viewssolent_toffee

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:37 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

I think this bit is just the Premier League and may extend to the Championship, they may end the two lower divisions behind closed doors but they wont be televised

All EFL games can be televised by the Ifollow app.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:34 - Apr 28 with 1049 views1ASIN12

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 12:36 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

I actually think it’s a “what if” that’s needs clarifying .

We all want football to be played but there is no way we want football played when those more needing of beeing tested haven’t been .

If everyone involved in the playing side gets tested before and after then then how many tests will be needed 50 ? Then that’s 500 per week.

Can footballers be trusted to stick to the strict isolation rules ? Bearing in mind the reports of the Everton player having a house party ?

A lot will become clearer in the coming weeks when the lockdown gets reviewed.

I’ve always said I don’t want next season and the one after being disrupted any more then it will be for the sake of 9 games . Yes I understand the financial situation but either way clubs are going to be hit unless an agreement with all parties can be reached - players included .

The bottom line (like any other business ) some clubs might not survive especially clubs where season ticket money helps to pay the bills over the normal summer break .
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:49 - Apr 28 with 1032 viewsthis_charming_man

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:34 - Apr 28 by 1ASIN12

I actually think it’s a “what if” that’s needs clarifying .

We all want football to be played but there is no way we want football played when those more needing of beeing tested haven’t been .

If everyone involved in the playing side gets tested before and after then then how many tests will be needed 50 ? Then that’s 500 per week.

Can footballers be trusted to stick to the strict isolation rules ? Bearing in mind the reports of the Everton player having a house party ?

A lot will become clearer in the coming weeks when the lockdown gets reviewed.

I’ve always said I don’t want next season and the one after being disrupted any more then it will be for the sake of 9 games . Yes I understand the financial situation but either way clubs are going to be hit unless an agreement with all parties can be reached - players included .

The bottom line (like any other business ) some clubs might not survive especially clubs where season ticket money helps to pay the bills over the normal summer break .

I don’t see why footballers being tested would be at the expense of anyone else. It isn’t a straight choice between testing footballers and NHS staff is it.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 14:23 - Apr 28 with 1018 viewscocklebreath

Nicks desperate to see Liverpool crowned champions

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 14:49 - Apr 28 with 1002 viewsPatfromPoole

For the birds, all this.

Not going to happen.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 14:51 - Apr 28 with 1001 viewssaint22

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:19 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

Ok Ill give the Premier League a ring let them know that you know better than the experts, I'm sure they will take your advice.

Quick question, do you think that they A .have just cobbled together a couple of dates in hope or B. that they have been working with the Government and their advisers on this for a couple of months so they are doing so with some sort of accuracy on what and when it can be achieved.

The PL isnt governed by the experts its driven by the greed of Sky and Bt and their $$$
If every frontline worker in Britain has been tested then MAYBE next up should be everyone connected with getting the PL underway again, if not then its ludicrous
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:02 - Apr 28 with 985 viewsSteveMoron

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:19 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

Yes please. Give them a ring and tell them it's not all about money. Thanks.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:14 - Apr 28 with 972 viewsPatfromPoole

I fail to see how at every single daily Government briefing they can say about 20 times that everybody is going to have to preserve social distancing until we get a vaccine. Oh but a load of millionaires can kick a ball round while everybody else wears face masks in the population.

And there you go. France just cancelled their season.....

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:17 - Apr 28 with 969 views1ASIN12

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:49 - Apr 28 by this_charming_man

I don’t see why footballers being tested would be at the expense of anyone else. It isn’t a straight choice between testing footballers and NHS staff is it.

I think the point I was making that it shouldn’t be a choic and that players should not bulk be tested
before others that might need it more

My other half is a Front line worker and as yet she hasn’t had the need to arrange a test do can’t comment on how hard it is to arrange ( if what is being reported is true)

I can tell you where she works PPE hasn’t been a problem though quite clearly in other places it has .
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:21 - Apr 28 with 965 viewsSaintNick

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:02 - Apr 28 by SteveMoron

Yes please. Give them a ring and tell them it's not all about money. Thanks.

You are right it is not all about money, it is about getting back out of isolation it is about providing something that will encourage them to stay in doors and watch football rather than start to go out when they please as they think the crisis is over.

But like it or not money does come into it, at some stage we need to kick start the economy and that means money, the money to provide wages for those furloughed and business loans etc has to come from somewhere and the longer this goes on then this is money being spent now that is needed for the NHS going forward, this isnt a very caring sharing viewpoint, but it is a financial necessity the only question is when.

The fact is that the 300 people involved in each game are going to be the safest people in the country because of the testing etc, the cost of that is going to come out of the TV money etc so wont be taking away NHS resources.

Sometimes we all have to look at the bigger picture and realise these plans havent been drawn up overnight, they are well thought out and under strict medical guidance, if the pandemic explodes again it wont be through the 3,000 people involved in puttting on a televised game it will be from the 100,000 people completely uninterested in football who go out and flaunt the rules in place that weekend and refuse to obey them

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:26 - Apr 28 with 956 viewsPatfromPoole

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:21 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

You are right it is not all about money, it is about getting back out of isolation it is about providing something that will encourage them to stay in doors and watch football rather than start to go out when they please as they think the crisis is over.

But like it or not money does come into it, at some stage we need to kick start the economy and that means money, the money to provide wages for those furloughed and business loans etc has to come from somewhere and the longer this goes on then this is money being spent now that is needed for the NHS going forward, this isnt a very caring sharing viewpoint, but it is a financial necessity the only question is when.

The fact is that the 300 people involved in each game are going to be the safest people in the country because of the testing etc, the cost of that is going to come out of the TV money etc so wont be taking away NHS resources.

Sometimes we all have to look at the bigger picture and realise these plans havent been drawn up overnight, they are well thought out and under strict medical guidance, if the pandemic explodes again it wont be through the 3,000 people involved in puttting on a televised game it will be from the 100,000 people completely uninterested in football who go out and flaunt the rules in place that weekend and refuse to obey them

Your last sentence is one of the key reasons why there absolutely should be no football whatsoever, Nick.

Why should everybody else have to stay at home the whole time if football is being played? This will be the commonly-held view across the country, and the virus will spread like wildfire.

You really think Liverpool won’t be full of celebrations for their League trophy? They set the flares off at any opportunity.

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:27 - Apr 28 with 954 viewsSaintsforeverj

I don't want Liverpool to win the league and if there is any reason to void the season, this is it but we all know they are derserved champions. I know that the PL, its clubs and its players are greedy etc etc. I totally agree. BUT, I would love to have some football to watch. Saints could finish 15th, 12th, 8th or unlikely I know 6th.i want to know where we finish! I want to know who gets relagated. I want to know who gets promoted. And all of this on merit and games played.

Giving teams titles and promotions without actually doing it, is a nonsense. So is saying that Liverpool haven't won the league when 25 points clear. And I say this as a hater of Liverpool. Likewise, West Brom and Leeds deserve their promotion. All that effort for nothing. I want our win at Chelsea to stand etc.

You can easily test players and play the games. If the odd player gets it, they self isolate and don't play. I say bring it on, let's see where Saints finish and let's have some football to watch.

Void the season and teams like Saints could go under, whilst the top teams continue to surge ahead of the rest anyway. Some countries have cancelled the season but what will they do in August? With this approach, there won't be any football for years until a vaccine is found.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 15:40]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:31 - Apr 28 with 946 viewsSadoldgit

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:14 - Apr 28 by PatfromPoole

I fail to see how at every single daily Government briefing they can say about 20 times that everybody is going to have to preserve social distancing until we get a vaccine. Oh but a load of millionaires can kick a ball round while everybody else wears face masks in the population.

And there you go. France just cancelled their season.....

Let’s face it, we are very good at social distancing as a team, especially in our penalty area, so we will be ok!
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:36 - Apr 28 with 935 viewsSaintsforeverj

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:31 - Apr 28 by Sadoldgit

Let’s face it, we are very good at social distancing as a team, especially in our penalty area, so we will be ok!

Yes, our defence won't get close enough to anyone to get the virus.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:40 - Apr 28 with 929 viewsdirk_doone

Yet another league season abandoned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52460468

It looks like only the Premier League and the Bundesliga are going to attempt to complete the current season.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:50 - Apr 28 with 912 viewsSteveMoron

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:21 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

What about all the paramedics that will have to be on duty at each match?
Like you say 'sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.'
I would like there to be football, but at the moment, I'm not in agreement.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:52 - Apr 28 with 910 views1ASIN12

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:40 - Apr 28 by dirk_doone

Yet another league season abandoned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52460468

It looks like only the Premier League and the Bundesliga are going to attempt to complete the current season.

If the premier league does get voided who won’t be singing this in years to come

The scousers thought they’d won it
The title looked a cert
Vvanking then selfs silly
Ending 30 years of hurt
By far they were the best team
It was proven by the stats
Then China fvcked their season
By eating fvcking bats
Alez Alez alez
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024