Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation 13:50 - Jun 8 with 1059 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52452/saints-ceo-speaks-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 14:16 - Jun 8 with 1039 viewsTripleNiemi

Quote.....

" He wants to win the league, he wants to win the Champions League either with us or somebody else "

End Quote

Made me chuckle....
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 14:23]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 17:10 - Jun 8 with 927 viewskingslandstand1

"If there’s a club out there that can win the Champions League and they think Pierre can improve their team, if they can pay for him then, in the end, we have to let him go"

This is the one that got me. Is he REALLY that good? I honestly think we are his standard, a good mid table with potential to challenge for Europe next season if we actually see some cash go on players without letting players go

If we have top half ambitions we should not let our captain go as who is going to come down here (who is better player than PEH) when seeing that happen?
Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 17:55 - Jun 8 with 891 viewssaint22

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 17:10 - Jun 8 by kingslandstand1

"If there’s a club out there that can win the Champions League and they think Pierre can improve their team, if they can pay for him then, in the end, we have to let him go"

This is the one that got me. Is he REALLY that good? I honestly think we are his standard, a good mid table with potential to challenge for Europe next season if we actually see some cash go on players without letting players go

If we have top half ambitions we should not let our captain go as who is going to come down here (who is better player than PEH) when seeing that happen?

Agree
Cash him in for 35m and Romeu slots back in nicely, plus Ntchen from celtic for 10m and everyones happy, net spenders too!
Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 18:03 - Jun 8 with 881 viewskingslandstand1

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 17:55 - Jun 8 by saint22

Agree
Cash him in for 35m and Romeu slots back in nicely, plus Ntchen from celtic for 10m and everyones happy, net spenders too!

Do you honestly think Spurs or Everton or anyone would pay £35m for him??
Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 18:53 - Jun 8 with 852 viewsWaylander

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 18:03 - Jun 8 by kingslandstand1

Spurs won't. they have just taken on a big loan from the Treasury and are planning on going through the transfer window without spending according to the Telegraph
Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 19:00 - Jun 8 with 845 viewsSaintsforeverj

35 m sounds a lot but if we are talking about a player going to play for a top 4 team, 35 m isn't that much. There is a bit of hype that says he is a top player. No, he's not that good shhh, don't tell them. I am not bothered if he goes and we get reasonably good money. He will end up like spider.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 19:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 20:41 - Jun 8 with 792 viewskingslandstand1

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 19:00 - Jun 8 by Saintsforeverj

35 m sounds a lot but if we are talking about a player going to play for a top 4 team, 35 m isn't that much. There is a bit of hype that says he is a top player. No, he's not that good shhh, don't tell them. I am not bothered if he goes and we get reasonably good money. He will end up like spider.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 19:01]

Couldn't agree more and that's where I'm coming from. Unless we have a very good PR outfit (or he has a really good agent) telling the world that he is a Champs League player and will improve any team currently in to top 6 then I'd take the £36 mill
Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 20:41 - Jun 8 with 791 viewssolent_toffee

Under the past couple of managers, Everton probably would. Under Ancelotti who has a bit more clout and pulling power, perhaps now. We’ll see.
Login to get fewer ads

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 20:54 - Jun 8 with 782 viewsPatfromPoole

No way we’ll get £35 million for him when he’s only got 12 months on his contract.

£20 million tops.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 07:50 - Jun 9 with 710 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 20:54 - Jun 8 by PatfromPoole

No way we’ll get £35 million for him when he’s only got 12 months on his contract.

£20 million tops.

We would do very well to get that tbh.

Not a slight on the player at all, but i think big transfers might be on hold until clubs can balance the books a bit. Mind you, football clubz never typically worry about finances so i suppose anythings possible. Maybe one of the promoted clubs might 'push the boat out'.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 13:06 - Jun 9 with 658 viewsTimSaint

If you were a fan of a top 6 club, or even a top 8 club, would you want your club to be signing PEH in the coming window ?

Realistically he wouldn't get into any of the starting XIs, apart from perhaps Sheffield United's ?

He is at the right level with us, but he clearly believes he is much better than he actually is. He not that good at passing, gives the ball away a lot and certainly doesn't score enough. He is good at apologising after a heavy defeat though.

He should knuckle down and start putting in consistently good performances for Saints.

Price wise, with a year left and the C19 climate, we would struggle to get £20m for him - especially as no club in the league position he aspires to play for, would actually want him. I'm not sure whether this is genuine delusion, or purely agent talk with a year left on his contract.

TimSaint

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 20:58 - Jun 9 with 603 viewshedgeend61

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 13:06 - Jun 9 by TimSaint

If you were a fan of a top 6 club, or even a top 8 club, would you want your club to be signing PEH in the coming window ?

Realistically he wouldn't get into any of the starting XIs, apart from perhaps Sheffield United's ?

He is at the right level with us, but he clearly believes he is much better than he actually is. He not that good at passing, gives the ball away a lot and certainly doesn't score enough. He is good at apologising after a heavy defeat though.

He should knuckle down and start putting in consistently good performances for Saints.

Price wise, with a year left and the C19 climate, we would struggle to get £20m for him - especially as no club in the league position he aspires to play for, would actually want him. I'm not sure whether this is genuine delusion, or purely agent talk with a year left on his contract.

Spot on, nowhere near good enough for Champions League, dreaming if he thinks he is.

Not a snowballs chance of getting 35m.
Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 21:07 - Jun 9 with 594 viewsVagina_Dentata

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 20:58 - Jun 9 by hedgeend61

Spot on, nowhere near good enough for Champions League, dreaming if he thinks he is.

Not a snowballs chance of getting 35m.

I think he has games where he shows the potential to be good enough. Sadly for us - and for his personal career prospects I suppose - he’s nowhere near consistent enough.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Saints CEO Speaks Out On Hojbjerg Situation on 12:16 - Jun 10 with 525 viewsTimSaint

Just heard on the radio that we have put a £35m price tag on PEH.

Seems very steep to me, especially with his ability and the fact that he has only one year left on his current contract, but I guess it is designed to ward of potential buyers and encourage him to sign a new deal with us.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024