Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! 15:35 - Aug 23 with 1033 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52775/loyalty-has-to-cou

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 17:19 - Aug 23 with 983 viewsericofarabia

Agree with most of your points, but of course there are always exceptions to the rule!!

As an exiled Saint living oop north, I know quite a few people who have been to just about all away games and quite a few home games, but can't justify getting a Season Ticket, but have Membership +.
It would be nice if a small amount of tickets were also made available to Membership + based on how many away games, to reward those who travel further to home games than most do to the away games!
Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 08:32 - Aug 24 with 868 viewsSaintNick

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 17:19 - Aug 23 by ericofarabia

Agree with most of your points, but of course there are always exceptions to the rule!!

As an exiled Saint living oop north, I know quite a few people who have been to just about all away games and quite a few home games, but can't justify getting a Season Ticket, but have Membership +.
It would be nice if a small amount of tickets were also made available to Membership + based on how many away games, to reward those who travel further to home games than most do to the away games!

I wouldn't argue with that myself, but there are those who would say that living away is a life choice, so is it fair to give someone a ticket to a big game when they have been to say only 6 others home or away all season.

Perhaps the club should consider a points based system

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 10:38 - Aug 24 with 808 viewskingslandstand1

I'm with your loyalty tiers from a selfish point of view as I would pass, but as NewburySaint has said in your article replies, should away games been to come in to this as we are only talking about home games? But where do you draw the line.

No matter what method is chosen there will be supporters who will disagree with that method, but all I can say is I'm glad I don't have to make the decision
Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 11:49 - Aug 24 with 783 viewsChesham_Saint

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 08:32 - Aug 24 by SaintNick

I wouldn't argue with that myself, but there are those who would say that living away is a life choice, so is it fair to give someone a ticket to a big game when they have been to say only 6 others home or away all season.

Perhaps the club should consider a points based system

Living away is often a lifestyle choice, but I'm fortunate to be able to just about get to most home games living in Essex. On the flip side, many away games are easier to get to.
I also think there is a strong argument for admitting that ‘some fans are better than others’ (thank you, Morrissey).

Tier 1 are those people who live and breath the club, go to every single game and are almost rabidly upset when we lose. Presumably all have season tickets.

Tier 2 People who have lives outside of football (sorry Tier 1 peeps) but to whom the club means an immense amount and go whenever they reasonably can (I put myself in this category). Many have season tickets, but not all.

Tier 3 Those who go occasionally, who do care about the club but it’s a medium priority to them.

Tier 4. JCLs and those who used to go but now cherry pick the big matches.

I’d allocate tickets on that basis - although I accept its not easy (or probably practicable) to do and there’s any number of sub categories we could add (fans that actually make some noise would get added brownie points in an ideal world).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 739 viewsSaintsforeverj

Totally agree with Nick here. We are likely to need a way of sorting out who gets to go, as we won't all fit in for every game. Loyalty has to be the way to do it. Those who have followed our club through thick and thin, should get to go, more than people who have just been to the odd game.

Is it worth having a points system? So you get 10 points for every year you have had a season ticket in the past 10 years. You get 5 points for every away game you have been to, so everything comes into consideration? It's a difficult one, but if you have had a ST for only 3 years but have also been to every single away game, is this not just as loyal as someone who has had a ST for 10 years but never been to an away game? I'm not sure, but maybe everything should be taken into consideration, and those with the most points get to go.

They will certainly need to ballot fans to ask which games they would prefer to see and whether they will actually attend. It's tricky though, because what if a parent has had a ST for 15 years but their children have only had one for 2 years as they were too young? Can the whole family still go?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 14:51]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 15:42 - Aug 24 with 703 viewsarfurdent

it is income that the club like most businesses will be interested in. To that end priority will be given as usual to the hospitality area. The bog standard ST holder who renews every season is seen as a sure thing so effort will go elsewhere.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 17:20 - Aug 24 with 659 viewssaint22

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 17:19 - Aug 23 by ericofarabia

A tier/points system has to be the way to do it
Naturally that will give ST holders the first option but also mean some membership holders will get a good choice too
Cant see it being much fairer than that
Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 18:06 - Aug 24 with 624 viewscocklebreath

I think I’d rather not go until fully opened, it’s going to be lame

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 18:07 - Aug 24 with 624 viewsSalisburySaint

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 17:20 - Aug 24 by saint22

A tier/points system has to be the way to do it
Naturally that will give ST holders the first option but also mean some membership holders will get a good choice too
Cant see it being much fairer than that

As far as I’m aware the club hasn’t sold any memberships so far for 2020/21 season, so tickets will only be available to season ticket holders, who are the only ones who have recently put money into the clubs coffers.
Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 23:57 - Aug 24 with 544 viewshedgeend61

Loyalty Has To Count When Fans Return To Stadiums ! on 11:49 - Aug 24 by Chesham_Saint

Living away is often a lifestyle choice, but I'm fortunate to be able to just about get to most home games living in Essex. On the flip side, many away games are easier to get to.
I also think there is a strong argument for admitting that ‘some fans are better than others’ (thank you, Morrissey).

Tier 1 are those people who live and breath the club, go to every single game and are almost rabidly upset when we lose. Presumably all have season tickets.

Tier 2 People who have lives outside of football (sorry Tier 1 peeps) but to whom the club means an immense amount and go whenever they reasonably can (I put myself in this category). Many have season tickets, but not all.

Tier 3 Those who go occasionally, who do care about the club but it’s a medium priority to them.

Tier 4. JCLs and those who used to go but now cherry pick the big matches.

I’d allocate tickets on that basis - although I accept its not easy (or probably practicable) to do and there’s any number of sub categories we could add (fans that actually make some noise would get added brownie points in an ideal world).

I think on the whole SFC have a decent system allocating tickets for big matches,unlike other clubs, Pompey and Millwall to name but a few who let S/T holders have handfuls for their mates who barely ever go, meaning many more loyal deserving fans miss out.
Not that Little Pompey could shift 25k for the 2010 FA Cup final anyway, but that's another story.

Your Tier 1 are the most deserving, and should be top of the tree.

I'm tier 2, do nearly all home games + 40-50% of aways, but wouldn't want to recieve a ticket if any of Tier 1 missed out, it wouldn't be fair.

If you don't get a ticket in the past for a Saints game, you probably didn't deserve one or meet the criteria. Trust the club, i'm sure they'll look after the most loyal fans and not stick them in a hat with the rest and hope for the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024