Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny boy 14:15 - Aug 5 with 1672 viewssaint22

No statement to the fans then Danny?
Says an awful lot if we dont hear from you
True colours, one of our own my Rss
Danny boy on 14:17 - Aug 5 with 1277 viewsSonicBoom

Personally I rather they didn't do that anyway.
If he says something then he'll be slagged off for being a traitor. regardless.

He wanted to go somewhere for more money and who knows, to play in a bigger stadium. And he has. I don't expect an ass-kissing farewell speech. Let's just move on.
Danny boy on 14:17 - Aug 5 with 1277 viewsKennington

Does anyone want a glib statement written by a PR company that the player probably hasn’t even read let alone written?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Danny boy on 14:19 - Aug 5 with 1270 viewsSaintsforeverj

I worked him out the minute he stood still in the box on the 1st of January, looking miserable, when we all found out he turned down 100 grand a week. No surprise to me.

I understand he wants to get out of a depressingly unambitious club, but he could have been honest and just said look, this club isn't going anywhere, I want to leave. But actually he just wanted the money.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 14:22]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Danny boy on 14:49 - Aug 5 with 1209 viewsChesham_Saint

Danny boy on 14:19 - Aug 5 by Saintsforeverj

I worked him out the minute he stood still in the box on the 1st of January, looking miserable, when we all found out he turned down 100 grand a week. No surprise to me.

I understand he wants to get out of a depressingly unambitious club, but he could have been honest and just said look, this club isn't going anywhere, I want to leave. But actually he just wanted the money.

I hope JWP doesn’t read this!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Danny boy on 14:55 - Aug 5 with 1202 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny boy on 14:49 - Aug 5 by Chesham_Saint

I hope JWP doesn’t read this!

I'm sure Ings and Targett will be texting JWP anyway, having conversations, telling him how great it is to earn nearly a million pounds a month. JWP will also apparently miss the start of the season anyway as he is injured. Oh well, we can always play an 18 year old at right midfield for his first ever PL game. The injuries are already starting, with nobody to replace them.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 14:55]

Danny boy on 15:13 - Aug 5 with 1157 viewsSaintNick

Danny boy on 14:19 - Aug 5 by Saintsforeverj

Just because Saints dont have any money that does not make them unambitious, personally Im beginning to think that we not only need to get out the players that dont want to be here, but the supporters who seem to hate their own club.

Spending money doesnt = ambition, most clubs havent got any money at the moment, in fact only a select few have, the constant moaning about the club is getting on my nerves at the moment, its bringing the club down, if anyone thinking of buying the club was doing any due dilligence all the reports would be saying to stay well clear, the supporter base just want someone in who is going to throw his money at them.

It is not a great situation, in that the owner cant put in money and he cant find a buyer, but we have to go through it and come out the other end, personally I would rather be us than Burnley who are now leveraged up to the hilt by their new ambitious owners, or Newcastle with Mike Ashley.

Be careful what you wish for

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny boy on 15:26 - Aug 5 with 1141 viewsHeisenberg

Danny boy on 15:13 - Aug 5 by SaintNick

Just because Saints dont have any money that does not make them unambitious, personally Im beginning to think that we not only need to get out the players that dont want to be here, but the supporters who seem to hate their own club.

Spending money doesnt = ambition, most clubs havent got any money at the moment, in fact only a select few have, the constant moaning about the club is getting on my nerves at the moment, its bringing the club down, if anyone thinking of buying the club was doing any due dilligence all the reports would be saying to stay well clear, the supporter base just want someone in who is going to throw his money at them.

It is not a great situation, in that the owner cant put in money and he cant find a buyer, but we have to go through it and come out the other end, personally I would rather be us than Burnley who are now leveraged up to the hilt by their new ambitious owners, or Newcastle with Mike Ashley.

A lot of Saints fans want a rich Arab or Russian to buy the club and put in hundreds of millions. We have seen how that pans out at other clubs who have gone bankrupt. Besides we still wouldn’t compete with Man C and the other super rich clubs. What annoys me is Gao is not interested. He doesn’t seem to get any enjoyment out of Saints and has no rapport with the fans like the Leicester owners or Markus did even when we were in League one.

As for Ings he can do one. Injury prone and clearly wasn’t interested last season. Villa are going nowhere near the Champions league

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Danny boy on 15:32 - Aug 5 with 1118 viewssaint22

Danny boy on 14:17 - Aug 5 by SonicBoom

He wanted to go somewhere for more money and who knows, to play in a bigger stadium. And he has. I don't expect an ass-kissing farewell speech. Let's just move on.

I am not saying I want him too just highlighting what a joke this all is
The club too, how did they not know?
It can't all be down to Gao, feels like there is something really wrong with how the club is run
Login to get fewer ads

Danny boy on 15:47 - Aug 5 with 1086 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny boy on 15:13 - Aug 5 by SaintNick

The fans don't hate their own club. Quite the opposite. They don't like how the fans are being treated, the defeats etc. You might be blazee about continually losing our best players, a rediculously thin squad that resulted in dreadful defeats last season, loyal fans asked to move seats to make way for lush leather seats (for rich away fans), disabled fans without transport this year ( look into this), season ticket prices that don't match what we see on the pitch ( they are cheaper at a lot of clubs that put a decent team out) yet we have lots more executive suites for rich away fans. You support all this, many dont, that's up to you if you don't mind seeing us fall apart and fans treated badly, on and off the pitch. Ambition, so why leave it so late to get a replacement for Ings. The money is there, what are they waiting for? Just spend the money today and get him in. What is ambitious about going to Everton without a proper striker? Other clubs already coming in for Armstrong.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 16:04]

Danny boy on 16:00 - Aug 5 with 1028 viewskingslandstand1

Danny boy on 14:17 - Aug 5 by SonicBoom

Think I'm with you on this one now Sonic

I had my spout yesterday, though I do worry about where the club are going.

Listening to the radio last night they were saying again that they worry about Southampton and where they (we) will be at the end of the season.

They highlighted the bleed ing obvious in that last season when we had a full squad we were a decent side, but a couple of injuries and we have nothing to back up. There is no real excuse for that in the Premiership which is down purely to bad management, foresight and recruitment.

Nick is right in that we as fans don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but we haven't seen much that is stopping the fans from having a go. But no one on here or spouting off hates the club as was inferred, but have a passion for it and want to see us do well and be spoken about on the radio in the same optimistic way that Villa now are

But we can always hope that Villa have a mare and fall flat on their face

Ings has gone. Hopefully someone is having a long discussion with JWP and Vest or surprise us all and do another Laurie and bring a KK in to make everyone sit up and take notice that we as a club actually want to win a few games!
Danny boy on 16:10 - Aug 5 with 1004 viewsgrumpy

I still find it hard to digest losing 9-0 twice, once at home.
Danny boy on 16:29 - Aug 5 with 956 viewsSadoldgit

Danny boy on 15:47 - Aug 5 by Saintsforeverj

The fans don't hate their own club. Quite the opposite. They don't like how the fans are being treated, the defeats etc. You might be blazee about continually losing our best players, a rediculously thin squad that resulted in dreadful defeats last season, loyal fans asked to move seats to make way for lush leather seats (for rich away fans), disabled fans without transport this year ( look into this), season ticket prices that don't match what we see on the pitch ( they are cheaper at a lot of clubs that put a decent team out) yet we have lots more executive suites for rich away fans. You support all this, many dont, that's up to you if you don't mind seeing us fall apart and fans treated badly, on and off the pitch. Ambition, so why leave it so late to get a replacement for Ings. The money is there, what are they waiting for? Just spend the money today and get him in. What is ambitious about going to Everton without a proper striker? Other clubs already coming in for Armstrong.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 16:04]

Ings only left last night. I doubt if the money is in the bank yet and you are wetting yourself because we haven’t signed a replacement yet? Dear God. Perhaps it will be Armstrong, perhaps it will be someone else, but there will be a replacement. Relax.
Danny boy on 16:57 - Aug 5 with 932 viewsBison

Danny boy on 16:29 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

Ings only left last night. I doubt if the money is in the bank yet and you are wetting yourself because we haven’t signed a replacement yet? Dear God. Perhaps it will be Armstrong, perhaps it will be someone else, but there will be a replacement. Relax.

Oh look another response to him and no one else.

'you are wetting yourself'

You are a vindictive SOAB why ? Is it because he votes Tory ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Danny boy on 17:06 - Aug 5 with 917 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny boy on 16:57 - Aug 5 by Bison

Oh look another response to him and no one else.

'you are wetting yourself'

You are a vindictive SOAB why ? Is it because he votes Tory ?

Thanks Bison. The bully is on ignore. I can't see what he is writing so he is wasting his time😅. And as much as he tries to suppress and bully people, I will continue to say what I think and will continue to vote Tory if I want to 😜Not very communist like, I know!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 17:07]

Danny boy on 17:14 - Aug 5 with 889 viewsSadoldgit

Danny boy on 17:06 - Aug 5 by Saintsforeverj

Thanks Bison. The bully is on ignore. I can't see what he is writing so he is wasting his time😅. And as much as he tries to suppress and bully people, I will continue to say what I think and will continue to vote Tory if I want to 😜Not very communist like, I know!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 17:07]

I’m not a communist and I have never said that you shouldn’t vote Tory. As for bullying perhaps you should go back and read some of the things you have said about Ings and Kane. You come across as a bit of a hypocrite. Is that bullying? In which case I plead guilty.
Danny boy on 17:17 - Aug 5 with 876 viewsTripleNiemi

Maybe you could settle for regurgitating Lallana's wonderful piece?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Danny boy on 17:18 - Aug 5 with 871 viewskingslandstand1

Danny boy on 16:29 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

Do love that chill out attitude

Let's just hope you are right SOGs
Danny boy on 17:48 - Aug 5 with 806 viewsBison

Danny boy on 17:14 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

I’m not a communist and I have never said that you shouldn’t vote Tory. As for bullying perhaps you should go back and read some of the things you have said about Ings and Kane. You come across as a bit of a hypocrite. Is that bullying? In which case I plead guilty.

He has you on ignore SoG's

So you consider him writing stuff about Multi Millionaire footballers who have zero chance of reading his comments is the same as replying directly to his posts and belittleing his every opinion.

Mr Kane or Ings has not responded on here saying they think they are being bullied by SF whilst he has stated that he regards your posts as bullying and I can look at your reply history and see he has a point you reply much more derogatory to him then anyone else on this board.

I am sure SF can handle himself and is just sick of your barbed comments hence why you are in ignore and he has not officially complained. So why dont you do us all a favour and not respond to SF anymore , there is no point as you are on ignore anyway.

Danny boy on 18:14 - Aug 5 with 764 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny has spoken today -

"You can see the direction the Villa owner, and everybody wants to take with this club".

Not sure if he mentioned Saints, but this quote says it all about our owner.

Danny boy on 18:24 - Aug 5 with 743 viewssaint22

Danny boy on 18:14 - Aug 5 by Saintsforeverj

Danny has spoken today -

"You can see the direction the Villa owner, and everybody wants to take with this club".

Not sure if he mentioned Saints, but this quote says it all about our owner.

Yep its clear that Gao is the issue
Well if he doesn't sell now he will get a lot less for us in the Championship
Danny boy on 18:28 - Aug 5 with 738 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny boy on 18:24 - Aug 5 by saint22

Yep its clear that Gao is the issue
Well if he doesn't sell now he will get a lot less for us in the Championship

Quite right, Gao is definitely the issue. He is running this club into the ground. The problem is also that nobody wants to buy us as a PL team as we are too expensive. If someone wants to buy us, they will wait until it all goes tits up, we go down and then we will be much cheaper.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 18:28]

Danny boy on 18:57 - Aug 5 with 685 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny boy on 17:48 - Aug 5 by Bison

So you consider him writing stuff about Multi Millionaire footballers who have zero chance of reading his comments is the same as replying directly to his posts and belittleing his every opinion.

Mr Kane or Ings has not responded on here saying they think they are being bullied by SF whilst he has stated that he regards your posts as bullying and I can look at your reply history and see he has a point you reply much more derogatory to him then anyone else on this board.

I am sure SF can handle himself and is just sick of your barbed comments hence why you are in ignore and he has not officially complained. So why dont you do us all a favour and not respond to SF anymore , there is no point as you are on ignore anyway.

Couldn't have put it better myself. 👍

Danny boy on 19:50 - Aug 5 with 634 viewsSadoldgit

Danny boy on 17:18 - Aug 5 by kingslandstand1

Do love that chill out attitude

Let's just hope you are right SOGs

As ever with anything Saints related, I hope for the best but prepare myself for the worst! To be fair to the club, after a big dip the recruitment has improved and the two Chelsea boys look promising. I have seen too many quality players leave to mention (Chivers being the first) but another hero comes along eventually. I have no doubt that we shall buy a replacement. How good he will be is anyone’s guess but until he proves himself to be a dud I am happy to assume that he will score goals.
Danny boy on 20:05 - Aug 5 with 618 viewsBison

Well he wont be playing with Grealish , just announced £100m 6 year deal to City done and dusted.

Danny boy on 20:19 - Aug 5 with 594 viewsSadoldgit

Danny boy on 17:48 - Aug 5 by Bison

Bullying is bullying and some people have taken their lives due to the crap they get on social media. I have never referred to him in the way he has posted about Ings and Kane. No one seems to object to the treatment Saint22 gets on here so I guess that it is only bullying if you post against right wing politics. I don’t swear at people or call them names. If responding to someone’s post in the negative is bullying then pretty much everyone on here is guilty of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024