Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's 12:35 - Sep 24 with 847 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55846/plenty-of-tickets-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 14:07 - Sep 24 with 799 viewssaints__fan__73

Well of course there are. Do we really need an editorial to tell us this?

If there are thousands of empty seats for a non-televised game against Man U at 3pm on a Saturday it's certainly going to be no better for a 2pm game against Wolves on a Sunday which we can watch from the comfort of our own homes.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 15:00 - Sep 24 with 777 viewsSaintNick

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 14:07 - Sep 24 by saints__fan__73

Well of course there are. Do we really need an editorial to tell us this?

If there are thousands of empty seats for a non-televised game against Man U at 3pm on a Saturday it's certainly going to be no better for a 2pm game against Wolves on a Sunday which we can watch from the comfort of our own homes.

The idea is to let people know and perhaps stimulate some interest in people going to a game, I know this is a little alien to you, but I am a Saints supporter and i actually like to see St Mary's full and see us win games of football

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 15:29 - Sep 24 with 755 viewssaints__fan__73

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 15:00 - Sep 24 by SaintNick

The idea is to let people know and perhaps stimulate some interest in people going to a game, I know this is a little alien to you, but I am a Saints supporter and i actually like to see St Mary's full and see us win games of football

Ah, so you're working as a shill for the club now?

It's odd that you state you like to see us win games of football. Your staunch defence of the club's ownership these past seasons would seem to indicate otherwise.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 15:30]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 17:46 - Sep 24 with 725 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's the perfect storm with various reasons. The tickets are too expensive. The cheapest seats are the most sold seats and the Northam. We have also just had a major pandemic. People have lost their jobs and / or been on 80 per cent pay. So have the clubs taken account of this? No not a chance. The players still want 100 grand a week despite the rest of the world having major financial knocks.

Along with this fans are fed up of the PL. Players who earn more in a week than working people earn in a lifetime. Fed up of everything going digital, VAR and the officials favouring the top clubs. Fans also feel uncared for. Sunday morning games, Friday evening games are all about money from sky and the fans just have to lump it whether we like or not. The phones don't get answered, no virgin media ticket reductions any more and the rest. And of course many Saints fans don't like Gao. The top clubs haven't been affected because they have tourist fans across the country to fill any seats left by missing fans.

I still go and still enjoy going but some can't afford it and / or have fallen out of love with modern game. That's the reality of why a club like ours is 5000 fans down. I also know a few fans who had a season ticket last year, with the intention to pick and choose games this year. The £50 price puts them right off.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 17:58]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 18:25 - Sep 24 with 696 viewssaintwizzler

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 17:46 - Sep 24 by Saintsforeverj

It's the perfect storm with various reasons. The tickets are too expensive. The cheapest seats are the most sold seats and the Northam. We have also just had a major pandemic. People have lost their jobs and / or been on 80 per cent pay. So have the clubs taken account of this? No not a chance. The players still want 100 grand a week despite the rest of the world having major financial knocks.

Along with this fans are fed up of the PL. Players who earn more in a week than working people earn in a lifetime. Fed up of everything going digital, VAR and the officials favouring the top clubs. Fans also feel uncared for. Sunday morning games, Friday evening games are all about money from sky and the fans just have to lump it whether we like or not. The phones don't get answered, no virgin media ticket reductions any more and the rest. And of course many Saints fans don't like Gao. The top clubs haven't been affected because they have tourist fans across the country to fill any seats left by missing fans.

I still go and still enjoy going but some can't afford it and / or have fallen out of love with modern game. That's the reality of why a club like ours is 5000 fans down. I also know a few fans who had a season ticket last year, with the intention to pick and choose games this year. The £50 price puts them right off.

What a post.
I love you.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 20:45 - Sep 24 with 648 viewsA1079

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 17:46 - Sep 24 by Saintsforeverj

Couldn't have said it better. Spot on.
Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 06:48 - Sep 25 with 591 views1ASIN12

Perhaps Nick snd the club should get the BBC to say there are no shortage of tickets dispute supply issues we would sell out in 10 mins
Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 07:57 - Sep 25 with 575 viewssaintwizzler

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 20:45 - Sep 24 by A1079

Couldn't have said it better. Spot on.

I love you too.

Login to get fewer ads

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 09:02 - Sep 25 with 538 viewsPatfromPoole

My wife hasn’t been to a Saints game for about 15 years.

She got a text from the club last weekend to say there were tickets available for the Wolves game.

Can’t remember that happening before.

I suppose the club are trying. Up to a point.

Remember last year when they were actively ringing some of our older ST holders during the start of COVID and asking if they were OK?

Maybe they need to do something similar again. Employ a few people in the ticket office with a little bit of something about them and get them ringing people who haven’t been for a while. It’s what other businesses like leisure centres and golf clubs would do.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 09:38 - Sep 25 with 527 views1teeminants

I think there are many just fed up with the premier league and it’s lack of competition. I guess some don’t want to spend there hard earned cash trying to challenge for mid table at best every season. The years when we finished top eight four years running are just distant memories. This plus the fact many people are skint due to the pandemic and you can sit at home and watch either on sky, BT ,Amazon or some stream .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 10:03 - Sep 25 with 507 viewssaintwizzler

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 09:38 - Sep 25 by 1teeminants

I think there are many just fed up with the premier league and it’s lack of competition. I guess some don’t want to spend there hard earned cash trying to challenge for mid table at best every season. The years when we finished top eight four years running are just distant memories. This plus the fact many people are skint due to the pandemic and you can sit at home and watch either on sky, BT ,Amazon or some stream .

It’s very simple.
Win some games and people will come back.
If you had Sky Sports (cheapest price £25 a month via Now TV) why would you leave the house to watch Southampton v Wolves and pay extra. I’m referring to non ST holders.
Not exactly a mouth watering tie.

These games on Sky, especially on a Sunday, need an enticement.
Kids for a quid for example.
Gets bums on seats.

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 10:29 - Sep 25 with 484 viewsSaintsforeverj

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 18:25 - Sep 24 by saintwizzler

What a post.
I love you.

Feeling the love. Glad you liked the post.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 10:40]

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 10:31 - Sep 25 with 481 viewsPatfromPoole

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 10:03 - Sep 25 by saintwizzler

It’s very simple.
Win some games and people will come back.
If you had Sky Sports (cheapest price £25 a month via Now TV) why would you leave the house to watch Southampton v Wolves and pay extra. I’m referring to non ST holders.
Not exactly a mouth watering tie.

These games on Sky, especially on a Sunday, need an enticement.
Kids for a quid for example.
Gets bums on seats.

Ladies beach volleyball at half-time.

Saints v Sky Sports News presenters.

Saints’ team captained by Kenzie Benali. Sky Sports News captained by Hayley McQueen.

Executions of Islamic State fighters pre-match.

Players receiving their payslips on the pitch after the game, with key figures announced on the tannoy.

These ideas must surely have been debated at Board level to get the crowds back.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 10:39 - Sep 25 with 477 viewsSaintsforeverj

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 09:02 - Sep 25 by PatfromPoole

My wife hasn’t been to a Saints game for about 15 years.

She got a text from the club last weekend to say there were tickets available for the Wolves game.

Can’t remember that happening before.

I suppose the club are trying. Up to a point.

Remember last year when they were actively ringing some of our older ST holders during the start of COVID and asking if they were OK?

Maybe they need to do something similar again. Employ a few people in the ticket office with a little bit of something about them and get them ringing people who haven’t been for a while. It’s what other businesses like leisure centres and golf clubs would do.

Quite right. A free drinks voucher, money off an away game, a phone call to the missing fans to show they care, yeah exactly. Someone said kids for a quid. Get the families back for a reasonable price. Instead there are incessant adverts and emails about upgrading to an executive box and pre match meal. And why, well because they don't want the fan to have a better experience, they want the fan to pay more! People know this, they arn't stupid and just put up two fingers. I'm all for businesses trying to grow, but this is a football club, not a boutique restaurant. The only people who will come to watch Southampton, are Southampton fans! So you have to appeal to your own fan base and they want value for money for the service / entertainment they are getting.

The main reason is the price. Fans can put up with mid table, VAR etc if they don't have to pay so much. Have a one or two blocks with padded seats and prawn sandwiches, but everywhere else just make all tickets £30, kids for a quid and games would sell out.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 10:47]

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 13:06 - Sep 25 with 416 viewsBison

Plenty Of Tickets Available For Visit Of Wolves To St Mary's on 10:31 - Sep 25 by PatfromPoole

Ladies beach volleyball at half-time.

Saints v Sky Sports News presenters.

Saints’ team captained by Kenzie Benali. Sky Sports News captained by Hayley McQueen.

Executions of Islamic State fighters pre-match.

Players receiving their payslips on the pitch after the game, with key figures announced on the tannoy.

These ideas must surely have been debated at Board level to get the crowds back.

They should bring a brass band on at 1/2 time. My sister played at Wembley once at a League Cup final for the Eastleigh Senators Brass band.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024