Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Redmond 10:47 - Jan 23 with 2008 viewsSaintNick

He has the lowest marks in our player ratings section, yet he played a major part in the goal and has the assist for it, yet he scores lower than the two subs who played 20 mins and 8 mins respectively

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Nathan Redmond on 11:39 - Jan 23 with 1941 viewsButty101

I thought he had a good game, was surprised to see him come off at halftime

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Nathan Redmond on 11:45 - Jan 23 with 1930 views1teeminants

It wasnt his greatest game he gave the ball away a few times but he provided the assist. A very frustrating player, loads of talent but so often makes the wrong decision for a pass but then he’ll have a run of games where he’ll provide a few assists. Teams don’t like players that run at them with pace and he does that often. I like him.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Nathan Redmond on 11:59 - Jan 23 with 1910 viewsSadoldgit

Good assist and he defended well. He isn’t the only player who gives the ball away but he gets the most grief for it. I thought he played ok yesterday and assumed he had picked up a knock when he didn’t reappear after half time. We looked a better side in the first half with him playing.
Nathan Redmond on 12:30 - Jan 23 with 1872 viewspjt50

Nathan Redmond on 11:59 - Jan 23 by Sadoldgit

Good assist and he defended well. He isn’t the only player who gives the ball away but he gets the most grief for it. I thought he played ok yesterday and assumed he had picked up a knock when he didn’t reappear after half time. We looked a better side in the first half with him playing.

Don't know about the defending bit. For that Sterling chance just before half time he made absolutely no effort to track back. Thought at the time that might have had something to do with Ralph subbing him.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Nathan Redmond on 12:31 - Jan 23 with 1870 viewsJaySaint

Nathan Redmond on 11:59 - Jan 23 by Sadoldgit

he was decent, but not injured/carrying a knock when he came off

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Nathan Redmond on 13:14 - Jan 23 with 1825 viewsIWOZTHERE

Nathan Redmond on 11:45 - Jan 23 by 1teeminants

It wasnt his greatest game he gave the ball away a few times but he provided the assist. A very frustrating player, loads of talent but so often makes the wrong decision for a pass but then he’ll have a run of games where he’ll provide a few assists. Teams don’t like players that run at them with pace and he does that often. I like him.

He's supposed to be a senior player... a leader? OK he's made a couple of contributions lately, but I disagree that he runs at players with speed. If he does, he certainly doesn't influence our play by taking defenders on? It's check and pass back all the time, worse than even JWP.
Kids like Tella are brave enough to 'have a go', He's not!
Nathan Redmond on 14:07 - Jan 23 with 1767 viewssaint22

Nathan Redmond on 12:30 - Jan 23 by pjt50

Don't know about the defending bit. For that Sterling chance just before half time he made absolutely no effort to track back. Thought at the time that might have had something to do with Ralph subbing him.

He had his moments going forward but he switches off way too often when called on to defend
He snatched the ball off De Bruyne brilliantly and within the space of 30 seconds played suicidal pass across the front of our box, ball watches far too often at the back
Nathan Redmond on 14:23 - Jan 23 with 1747 viewsTimSaint

A great assist, that he gets full credit for.

That aside, I thought he looked a little out of sorts on the right, as did Stu Arm on the left. The team seemed more balanced and had better shape once they switched.

I can only assume Reddy was marked down for his defensive contributions, where he was perhaps weaker than most. He was slow to help close down attacks and cover the City RB, plus on a good few occasions, failed to clear his lines despite having ample time to do so and alway seem to give the ball away in dangerous areas.

He is currently the go to scapegoat, so you would expect him to be marked low by some, but I guess being subbed at HT didn't help his scores from other voters.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Redmond on 18:37 - Jan 23 with 1666 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Elyounoussi came on at half time and did buggar all unfortunately.
Nathan Redmond on 03:21 - Jan 24 with 1573 viewsScoot

Nathan Redmond on 13:14 - Jan 23 by IWOZTHERE

He's supposed to be a senior player... a leader? OK he's made a couple of contributions lately, but I disagree that he runs at players with speed. If he does, he certainly doesn't influence our play by taking defenders on? It's check and pass back all the time, worse than even JWP.
Kids like Tella are brave enough to 'have a go', He's not!

JWP is having his best season... and redders is entitled to have a bad game here and there.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Nathan Redmond on 09:01 - Jan 24 with 1493 viewssaint901

I thought Redmond was correctly subbed at half time.

Yes, he was instrumental in the goal but aside from that he was half a yard slow (easy to be that against City) and his passing was wayward and often to the wrong side.

In a match like that you need players who are more consistent and one good piece of action cannot compensate for four or five missed passes, especially those near our goal.

For me, correct decision by RH.
Nathan Redmond on 10:26 - Jan 24 with 1433 viewsSaintNick

Nathan Redmond on 09:01 - Jan 24 by saint901

I thought Redmond was correctly subbed at half time.

Yes, he was instrumental in the goal but aside from that he was half a yard slow (easy to be that against City) and his passing was wayward and often to the wrong side.

In a match like that you need players who are more consistent and one good piece of action cannot compensate for four or five missed passes, especially those near our goal.

For me, correct decision by RH.

We were all a yard slow or to be more accurate they were all a yard faster than us, Redmond played his part yesterday, he worked well with KWP for the goal and had the assist, without that contribution we would perhaps not have scored.

I think he must have had a knock as bringing on Elyounoussi did not look a good move to me, he is not the most defensive of players nor the fastest either and this was a game where we needed to try and match them for work rate, defend doggedly and break fast

Sometimes we have to ask the question, is it better to have someone who has a dozen spectacular runs at defences in a game then delivers nothing or someone who has one good run but sets up a goal.

These new people look at stats, it is about who creates the chances and takes them, not someone who looks good.

Djenepo, Tella & even Walcott have some good runs but too often can't deliver the end product

Nathan Redmond on 10:30 - Jan 24 with 1430 viewsDorsetIan

I was surprised Redmond came off. I thought it was doing as well as anyone.

I'm an Ely fan, but I agree he didn't offer much, particularly going forward. He played his part in the second half defensive performance though, and all of them out there deserve credit for that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Nathan Redmond on 10:31 - Jan 24 with 1428 viewsSaintNick

Nathan Redmond on 10:30 - Jan 24 by DorsetIan

I was surprised Redmond came off. I thought it was doing as well as anyone.

I'm an Ely fan, but I agree he didn't offer much, particularly going forward. He played his part in the second half defensive performance though, and all of them out there deserve credit for that.

You are right everyone out there played their part and that was the point of the thread, its seems that some can't bear to give credit where due

Nathan Redmond on 07:30 - Jan 25 with 1309 views1teeminants

Nathan Redmond on 10:31 - Jan 24 by SaintNick

You are right everyone out there played their part and that was the point of the thread, its seems that some can't bear to give credit where due

I don’t remember you giving Yoshida much praise when he played well. In fact I made a point of looking out for it, you did grudgingly at times lol. I like Redmond and he offers a lot but it has to be said there have been games in the past when he has been awful. Let’s have a balanced view please.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 7:34]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Nathan Redmond on 10:33 - Jan 25 with 1242 viewsSadoldgit

Nathan Redmond on 07:30 - Jan 25 by 1teeminants

I don’t remember you giving Yoshida much praise when he played well. In fact I made a point of looking out for it, you did grudgingly at times lol. I like Redmond and he offers a lot but it has to be said there have been games in the past when he has been awful. Let’s have a balanced view please.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 7:34]

Surely if you give credit begrudgingly or not, you are giving it e we here it is due? I wasn’t Yoshi’s biggest fan and was happy to see him sitting alongside Stephens on the bench, but he had a great attitude and I thought he was good for back up and put in the occasional good performance. Redmond can be a frustrating player, as are all who take the ball to the opposition. You are not going to beat a player or pass the ball perfectly every time. It wasn’t that long ago that he was our player of the season. Whilst he hasn’t managed to maintain that level consistently I would start him over Ely, Djenepo or Walcott any day. I get as frustrated as the rest when I see him turn back, but he is clearly under instructions to recycle the ball in certain situations just as everyone else does. Stuey gives the ball away in dangerous areas and makes similar mistakes but doesn’t get the stick that Redmond does. He has also missed a couple of glorious chances this season that if that had been Redmond he would have been slaughtered. Could we do better, of course we could. But if he played as well as he did in his player of the year season all the time he would be playing for a bigger club now. I thought he did okay against City and we struggled more when he went off at half time.
Nathan Redmond on 11:12 - Jan 25 with 1229 viewsMytchettSaint

Nathan Redmond on 10:33 - Jan 25 by Sadoldgit

Surely if you give credit begrudgingly or not, you are giving it e we here it is due? I wasn’t Yoshi’s biggest fan and was happy to see him sitting alongside Stephens on the bench, but he had a great attitude and I thought he was good for back up and put in the occasional good performance. Redmond can be a frustrating player, as are all who take the ball to the opposition. You are not going to beat a player or pass the ball perfectly every time. It wasn’t that long ago that he was our player of the season. Whilst he hasn’t managed to maintain that level consistently I would start him over Ely, Djenepo or Walcott any day. I get as frustrated as the rest when I see him turn back, but he is clearly under instructions to recycle the ball in certain situations just as everyone else does. Stuey gives the ball away in dangerous areas and makes similar mistakes but doesn’t get the stick that Redmond does. He has also missed a couple of glorious chances this season that if that had been Redmond he would have been slaughtered. Could we do better, of course we could. But if he played as well as he did in his player of the year season all the time he would be playing for a bigger club now. I thought he did okay against City and we struggled more when he went off at half time.

I was very critical of Redmond last season (although he was one of several who were nicking a living from the club) but credit to him this season, he’s been very good. One poor half on Saturday isn’t going to detract from that in my eyes. I still think there might’ve been something up with him hence he was subbed at half time.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Nathan Redmond on 12:14 - Jan 25 with 1197 viewsSadoldgit

Nathan Redmond on 11:12 - Jan 25 by MytchettSaint

I was very critical of Redmond last season (although he was one of several who were nicking a living from the club) but credit to him this season, he’s been very good. One poor half on Saturday isn’t going to detract from that in my eyes. I still think there might’ve been something up with him hence he was subbed at half time.

Yes, the form of a few players dropped last season. I wonder if it was due to burn out due to the high intensity press constantly used with a small squad? At the start of this season Ralph alluded to Redmond being fitter and no longer carrying an injury.
Nathan Redmond on 12:43 - Jan 25 with 1190 viewsPaleRider

Nathan Redmond on 12:14 - Jan 25 by Sadoldgit

Yes, the form of a few players dropped last season. I wonder if it was due to burn out due to the high intensity press constantly used with a small squad? At the start of this season Ralph alluded to Redmond being fitter and no longer carrying an injury.

For me the problem is his decision-making. Hopefully increased fitness can sharpen him up a bit.
Nathan Redmond on 14:53 - Jan 25 with 1173 viewsTimSaint

Nathan Redmond on 10:33 - Jan 25 by Sadoldgit

'He has also missed a couple of glorious chances this season that if that had been Redmond he would have been slaughtered'.

On this note, I feel obliged to inform you that REDMOND already has Miss Of The Season wrapped up and awarded for 2021-22 !!

Burnley home, Chapel End, 3 Yards out, Open goal, On a Plate from Broja's cross - Whoops !!

Google it if you need reminding or haven't seen it !!

TimSaint

Nathan Redmond on 16:24 - Jan 25 with 1131 viewsSadoldgit

Nathan Redmond on 14:53 - Jan 25 by TimSaint

'He has also missed a couple of glorious chances this season that if that had been Redmond he would have been slaughtered'.

On this note, I feel obliged to inform you that REDMOND already has Miss Of The Season wrapped up and awarded for 2021-22 !!

Burnley home, Chapel End, 3 Yards out, Open goal, On a Plate from Broja's cross - Whoops !!

Google it if you need reminding or haven't seen it !!

Yes I did see it. No I hadn’t forgotten it. Yes I did curse him when he missed it. It doesn’t alter my point though.
Nathan Redmond on 12:47 - Jan 27 with 1005 viewsTimSaint

Nathan Redmond on 16:24 - Jan 25 by Sadoldgit

Yes I did see it. No I hadn’t forgotten it. Yes I did curse him when he missed it. It doesn’t alter my point though.

Can you elaborate on those glorious chances that S Armstrong missed please ? I was trying to think of some, but the majority of his appearances were in the early part of the season which is a little hazy for me :-)

We could certainly do with a few more goals from everyone in midfield, so hopefully it will start to happen in the 2nd half of this season.

I did however remember the runner-up to Redmond's Miss of the Season Trophy - Moussa Djenepo away to Newcastle - 1st half, 5 yards out, on a plate from Tino's cross and he somehow put it over !!

After the game, RH said something like: He could try that 10 more times and would not put it over. Unbelievable chance and one we have to score. :-)

TimSaint

Nathan Redmond on 13:40 - Jan 27 with 991 viewsSadoldgit

Nathan Redmond on 12:47 - Jan 27 by TimSaint

Can you elaborate on those glorious chances that S Armstrong missed please ? I was trying to think of some, but the majority of his appearances were in the early part of the season which is a little hazy for me :-)

We could certainly do with a few more goals from everyone in midfield, so hopefully it will start to happen in the 2nd half of this season.

I did however remember the runner-up to Redmond's Miss of the Season Trophy - Moussa Djenepo away to Newcastle - 1st half, 5 yards out, on a plate from Tino's cross and he somehow put it over !!

After the game, RH said something like: He could try that 10 more times and would not put it over. Unbelievable chance and one we have to score. :-)

He put one chance way over the bar a few weeks back on his return and a ball fell to him in the box which he hit straight at the keeper recently. You will have to forgive me as I can’t remember the exact games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024