Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK 11:16 - Feb 7 with 1363 viewsElijahK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60285799

So the FA and such now wanna concentrate on getting the 2028 euros and not the World Cup…
Did we not just basically host the Euros, as well as properly hosting it only 26 years ago, whilst the World cup it’ll have been over 68 years until at the earliest, we can host it again! As it doesn’t help with all the idiots at the Euro final embarrassing the country and making it a lot harder to try and host the tournament, but then again why are we still going for the euros? But still the FA sure can be a joke sometimes
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 11:20]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 11:22 - Feb 7 with 1344 views1885_SFC

After the trouble at Wembley with ticket-less England fans recently, I think it'll be a long while before we're given a major competition again... and rightfully so.

Old School is Cool

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 11:30 - Feb 7 with 1335 viewsElijahK

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 11:22 - Feb 7 by 1885_SFC

After the trouble at Wembley with ticket-less England fans recently, I think it'll be a long while before we're given a major competition again... and rightfully so.

Yeah I get that, but why go for the 2028 Euros instead of the 2030 World Cup then?

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 11:43 - Feb 7 with 1317 viewssaints__fan__73

They know it's a waste of money trying. FIFA hate England/The FA and will never pick us.

We'll only host a WC when/if FIFA cease to exist.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 11:46 - Feb 7 with 1308 viewskingslandstand1

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 11:30 - Feb 7 by ElijahK

Yeah I get that, but why go for the 2028 Euros instead of the 2030 World Cup then?

Wasn't it the costs etc as well as all the hassle and hoops to go through, and the fact that with the trouble last summer they felt may not be successful also?

But surely we actually SHOULD host a world cup with this islands standing in world football? Christ, Mexico have hosted it twice since we last did
Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:03 - Feb 7 with 1292 viewsSalisburySaint

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 11:46 - Feb 7 by kingslandstand1

Wasn't it the costs etc as well as all the hassle and hoops to go through, and the fact that with the trouble last summer they felt may not be successful also?

But surely we actually SHOULD host a world cup with this islands standing in world football? Christ, Mexico have hosted it twice since we last did

the USA will in a few years time have hosted it three times, its an absolute joke, mind you after all the trouble at the Final last year doubt if well get anything again in my lifetime
Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:03 - Feb 7 with 1291 views1885_SFC

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 11:30 - Feb 7 by ElijahK

As 73 says - not a chance of us hosting anything anytime soon - try as we might.

Old School is Cool

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:08 - Feb 7 with 1284 viewsElijahK

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:03 - Feb 7 by 1885_SFC

As 73 says - not a chance of us hosting anything anytime soon - try as we might.

But as Qatar showed, FIFA’s just corrupt and mainly just care about money, and not human rights, safety etc, so if we put in a big enough bid, then that should win them over

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:21 - Feb 7 with 1268 views1885_SFC

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:08 - Feb 7 by ElijahK

But as Qatar showed, FIFA’s just corrupt and mainly just care about money, and not human rights, safety etc, so if we put in a big enough bid, then that should win them over

That's the old FIFA. The 'new' FIFA is squeaky clean!

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:22 - Feb 7 with 1262 viewsdirk_doone

After what happened, we all know we won't get the Euros so how much money would they waste on a bid? I guess it would give FA officials some all-expenses paid holidays. They'd probably take David Beckham with them.

So, it would be sensible not to bid for anything for a while.

[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 12:26]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:36 - Feb 7 with 1233 viewsHeisenberg

The coked up twots who stormed Wembley have ensured England won’t be considered for a major tournament for some time.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:41 - Feb 7 with 1224 viewsdirk_doone

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:36 - Feb 7 by Heisenberg

The coked up twots who stormed Wembley have ensured England won’t be considered for a major tournament for some time.

Every time our xenophobic fans boo another country's national anthem, that's another vote lost.

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 13:27 - Feb 7 with 1184 views1885_SFC

The FA are pulling a fast one by playing the Covid card. They know plenty of countries won't want to hold the tournament because of covid fears still - even by 2028. After all, the final decision of where it's held is only made in September 2023. It's a case of FA willy waving. Come to the UK, go where you want, do what you want, and bring your money & your TV rights... even though we've only just hosted several games.

It's all about the money honey & feck all to do with football.

Old School is Cool

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 13:57 - Feb 7 with 1135 viewssaints__fan__73

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:41 - Feb 7 by dirk_doone

Every time our xenophobic fans boo another country's national anthem, that's another vote lost.

What do you mean? Can you name any European country that doesn't boo every other country's anthem at football games?

Fan behaviour has zero to do with these decisions. Russia got the WC ffs and their fans are just about the worst in every possible way, they even still make chimp noises at black players....

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 14:11 - Feb 7 with 1112 viewskingslandstand1

It seems they accept that they wouldn't get it anyway, but the statement about "giant, expensive vanity project" is probably correct and noting the "political football landscape" is probably a polite way of saying that FIFA will only accept the biggest brown envelopes so no doubt China will be back in there somewhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60285799
Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 14:13 - Feb 7 with 1111 viewskingslandstand1

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 12:21 - Feb 7 by 1885_SFC

That's the old FIFA. The 'new' FIFA is squeaky clean!

Of course they are ...................
Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 14:45 - Feb 7 with 1098 viewsSonicBoom

I don't know why we should even bother. It's been proven that in previous years when we have competed for it, the WC was awarded on a totally fraudulent corrupt basis.
You would think there would then be a "re-draw" if you like.
But what I find incredible is that despite people going to jail and resigning from Fifa and even the FBI being involved, the competition is still going ahead. Even though we know the entire process was bent and migrant workers were working in terrible conditions, the entire football world has ignored it and are carrying on like nothing happened.
Personally I don't want us to waste another penny trying to get a WC when the whole process is biased and corrupt.
Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 17:04 - Feb 7 with 1050 viewskingslandstand1

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 14:45 - Feb 7 by SonicBoom

I don't know why we should even bother. It's been proven that in previous years when we have competed for it, the WC was awarded on a totally fraudulent corrupt basis.
You would think there would then be a "re-draw" if you like.
But what I find incredible is that despite people going to jail and resigning from Fifa and even the FBI being involved, the competition is still going ahead. Even though we know the entire process was bent and migrant workers were working in terrible conditions, the entire football world has ignored it and are carrying on like nothing happened.
Personally I don't want us to waste another penny trying to get a WC when the whole process is biased and corrupt.

Think I'm with this as it seems are the UK FA's, but obviously they can't actually say that!
Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 17:12 - Feb 7 with 1046 viewsdirk_doone

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 13:57 - Feb 7 by saints__fan__73

What do you mean? Can you name any European country that doesn't boo every other country's anthem at football games?

Fan behaviour has zero to do with these decisions. Russia got the WC ffs and their fans are just about the worst in every possible way, they even still make chimp noises at black players....

Yes, most of them, Sweden, for example.

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 17:24 - Feb 7 with 1030 viewssaints__fan__73

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 17:12 - Feb 7 by dirk_doone

Yes, most of them, Sweden, for example.

Who have never hosted a major football tournament....

While Russia, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Portugal, etc whose fans all DO boo national anthems have.

So you agree whether the fans of a particular country boo a national anthem has f'k all to do with which country gets to host the WC/Euros, yes?

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 17:40 - Feb 7 with 1020 viewsA1079

FIFA and other European and world football authorities don't like us and have not for a long time. The behaviour of our fans and the dis-organised nature of access to the stadium, stewarding and policing of the final gave them the excuse they needed - not that will have really needed on.

I would suggest we just do not apply any more, though it would have been nice to have had the chance to see the World Cup finals in our country before I kick the bucket. I was nearly 5 when they were last here.
Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 18:24 - Feb 7 with 1001 viewsSadoldgit

Would love to see us host a World Cup again before I croak but that doesn’t seem to going to happen now. Not really fussed about the Euros.
Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 19:46 - Feb 7 with 947 viewssaint68

The World Corrupt..is now its real title. I won't watch any of the crap from Qatar..to do so is hypocritical...no point wasting millions on trying to be hosts...just turn your backs on it..that is the one and only thing you can do as real supporters of the previously known as beautiful Game.

No ifs not buts...full boycott by anyone with a moral compass.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 05:33 - Feb 8 with 859 viewskernow

Yet again no World Cup hosting duties for England/the UK on 17:24 - Feb 7 by saints__fan__73

Who have never hosted a major football tournament....

While Russia, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Portugal, etc whose fans all DO boo national anthems have.

So you agree whether the fans of a particular country boo a national anthem has f'k all to do with which country gets to host the WC/Euros, yes?

Fact check required here.
World Cup was held in Sweden 1958
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024