Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? 10:06 - Mar 14 with 1931 viewspeterkins

You don't go from being one of the most in form teams to losing 3 matches on the trot to lower clubs unless there is a serious morale problem. Usually the reason is the inside knowledge that the manager or the team captain is leaving the club.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 10:12]
SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 10:18 - Mar 14 with 1892 viewsSaintNick

We have done this regularly over the years at Saints without a manager of captain leaving.

The last three defeats havent really all been against lower clubs, Villa are mid table like ourselves and Newcastle haven't lost a league game since Xmas, so their form when they arrived at St Mary's was far better than ours and indeed most outside of the top 6

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 11:21 - Mar 14 with 1817 viewsdirk_doone

It's funny how new posters, like centurion and peterkins, with their messages of doom and gloom, emerge when Saints have lost a few games and Pompey have won a few. As soon as we win again, they disappear. I don't know if all of the accounts belong to 130 or if there are 1 or 2 others who join at times like these.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 11:26]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 11:40 - Mar 14 with 1781 viewsCenturion

What are you insinuating?

Anyway, I am not that 'new' a poster and most people do post more when they are annoyed by defeats.
SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 12:08 - Mar 14 with 1747 viewsdirk_doone

Let's face it, to post all the cr@p about relegation when we are 10th in the table and 13 points clear of 18th place with only 9 games left to play, you'd either have to be an incredibly optimistic Pompey fan or the most pessimistic Saints one who's ever been born.

We already have 7 points more than any of the bottom 3 finished with last season. Get over it.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 12:08]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 13:05 - Mar 14 with 1654 viewsI_would

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 12:08 - Mar 14 by dirk_doone

Let's face it, to post all the cr@p about relegation when we are 10th in the table and 13 points clear of 18th place with only 9 games left to play, you'd either have to be an incredibly optimistic Pompey fan or the most pessimistic Saints one who's ever been born.

We already have 7 points more than any of the bottom 3 finished with last season. Get over it.

Nice to see that real fans like yourself, although you do seem a bit obsessed with Pompey as you can't stop mentioning them, really enjoy Saints games when we play badly due to bad management. That's very positive.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 13:12 - Mar 14 with 1646 viewsfranniesTache

We're a mid table team, managed by a mid table manager, who often go on both winning and losing streaks depending on the fitness or availability or form of the squad.

There's not much more to it than that to be honest, it's why i've always tried to temper the Ralph is the messiah stuff, he's not he's bang average really.

I hope we can pull out one of our better performances against city though, because once we're out the cup our season is finished
SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 13:30 - Mar 14 with 1604 viewssaintwizzler

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 13:12 - Mar 14 by franniesTache

We're a mid table team, managed by a mid table manager, who often go on both winning and losing streaks depending on the fitness or availability or form of the squad.

There's not much more to it than that to be honest, it's why i've always tried to temper the Ralph is the messiah stuff, he's not he's bang average really.

I hope we can pull out one of our better performances against city though, because once we're out the cup our season is finished

Nutshell hun x

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 13:37 - Mar 14 with 1595 viewsBerber

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 13:12 - Mar 14 by franniesTache

Sums it up really. After their first goal I did think to myself that the team seemed to be seriously underprepared, or seriously unprofessional. Possibly both.
Login to get fewer ads

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 13:53 - Mar 14 with 1567 viewsBison

Serious underlying problems ? Has to be a joke , the club is in the best position that its been in years both off and on the pitch. Yes the last few games been a bit disappointing but generally we play good football.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 14:42 - Mar 14 with 1507 viewssaint901

This is typical Saints form isn't it?

Play poorly for a while and drift into trouble - wake up and play like champions - get complacent and go back to earlier form.

Lest season was a little different - good, very good, bad, very poor.

This poor, very good, now poor again.

Other clubs do this as well.
SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 14:56 - Mar 14 with 1488 viewsTimSaint

Players are either complacent, on the beach, or saving themselves for the QF.

We are more than capable of going on a 7/8 game winning run, just as we are capable of going on a 7/8 game losing streak !! (seen our next 5 fixtures ?)

Typical Saints

Hopefully we are now over that losing run and the new winning run starts on Sunday.

TimSaint

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 15:20 - Mar 14 with 1462 viewsHeisenberg

After a superb run we lost against an in form much improved Villa side inspired by Coutinho. We then lost against Saudi Arabia who didn’t want to play us until they spent just shy of £100m in the transfer window. Both were disappointing results but not entirely surprising. The one bad result was against Watford. If this constitutes a crisis or something deeply wrong at the club then people have short memories. What do they honestly expect ? We are mid table, in the quarter finals of the cup and play entertaining football. If you want to win every week then go and support the scouse cult or one of the Arab teams.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 16:08 - Mar 14 with 1405 viewssaint68

Ralph messed with a team full of confidence making 9 changes and it's bit him on the arse..the results since then show that clearly..not very difficult to work out at all.

And yes..they were playing well because of his input prior to the Cup game..thats not in question.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 16:11]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 16:11 - Mar 14 with 1400 viewsElijahK

I dunno as Watfords the only game we’ve lost since Norwich away, that we’ve lost where no one expected it, as most neutrals had us down to loose against Villa and Newcastle, so really the only majorly poor result has been the Watford one of yesterday

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 16:14 - Mar 14 with 1393 viewssaint68

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 16:11 - Mar 14 by ElijahK

I dunno as Watfords the only game we’ve lost since Norwich away, that we’ve lost where no one expected it, as most neutrals had us down to loose against Villa and Newcastle, so really the only majorly poor result has been the Watford one of yesterday

8 conceded and 0 points..yeh I'm sure the neutrals expected that...

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 16:31 - Mar 14 with 1368 viewsI_would

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 16:11 - Mar 14 by ElijahK

Funny how all the 'fans' are enjoying the devastating losing spell.

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 17:04 - Mar 14 with 1327 viewsElijahK

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 16:14 - Mar 14 by saint68

8 conceded and 0 points..yeh I'm sure the neutrals expected that...

Yeah your right, but I’m also sure no fans expected us to get 8 points from Man City, Man U, Spurs and West Ham, with 8 scored in them ether, as yeah we lost against Villa by more than anyone expected, but some people still had us to loose none the less, and the other two were close games with only one being a shocker

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 17:05 - Mar 14 with 1323 viewsElijahK

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 16:31 - Mar 14 by I_would

Funny how all the 'fans' are enjoying the devastating losing spell.

Oh is that why your never around when we’re on a streak of like 1 loss in 12 games but now all of a sudden appear when we’ve least 3 back to back games? Makes sense now

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 17:35 - Mar 14 with 1288 viewsI_would

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 17:05 - Mar 14 by ElijahK

Oh is that why your never around when we’re on a streak of like 1 loss in 12 games but now all of a sudden appear when we’ve least 3 back to back games? Makes sense now

Anything sounds more sensible that enjoying us losing embarrassingly.

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 18:19 - Mar 14 with 1235 viewsTripleNiemi

Fave three biscuits Peterkins?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 18:20]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 19:50 - Mar 14 with 1154 viewsSaintsforeverj

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 12:08 - Mar 14 by dirk_doone

Absolutely spot on.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 21:47 - Mar 14 with 1065 viewskingslandstand1

SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 18:19 - Mar 14 by TripleNiemi

Fave three biscuits Peterkins?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 18:20]

He'll def have custard creams in there
SERIOUS UNDERLYING PROBLEM AT ST MARY'S ? on 20:14 - Mar 16 with 747 viewsMrangry25

I disagree m, we played against a good villa side where we lost the midfield battle and lost the game, I was disappointed with the game against Newcastle again we seemed to lose the midfield battle and struggled against a 10 man defence. I think the performance on Sunday was the worst I have seen for a while where no one really came of the pitch part from KWP with any credibility. As for RH not sure what tether thinking was about bringing Redmond on and outing Long on again instead of A. Armstrong was another bizarre sun. But I don’t think we should be sounding the alarm bells. We are 10th and in the 1/4 finals of the FA Cup. In think we will do ok against ManC. COYR
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024