Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth Promotion Hopes 08:58 - Apr 19 with 3860 viewsSaintNick

Just seen that they finally went down the pan yesterday when Morecambe's 90+3 equaliser means that it is mathematically impossible to reach the play offs.

This means that they have now completed 10 consecutive seasons in the lower two divisions.

Given their resources and crowds that is gross mismanagement

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 10:40 - Apr 19 with 3317 viewsdwayne_dibley

no, it is just really funny
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 11:48]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 11:16 - Apr 19 with 3290 views1885_SFC

Oh well, at least they'll get their big derby games next season... Derby County that is.

Old School is Cool

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 11:55 - Apr 19 with 3248 viewsdirk_doone

They are in slow decline with their league position and attendances falling again. They are now struggling to even hang on to 9th place. They bring in a different set of players each year either on loan or short contracts so they don't have to pay wages over the summer, which means they can never really develop a team, as if any of their players perform well, they either go back to their parent clubs or find themselves long-term contracts at other League One clubs. Next season will be their 23rd in the bottom 2 divisions.

Little Pompey are nowhere near one of the 3 biggest clubs in League One though and you wouldn't expect them to finish ahead of the likes of Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich. So, they are about where you'd expect a club of their size to be:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/attendances
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 12:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 12:10 - Apr 19 with 3230 viewsfranniesTache

But according to The News they're a massive club

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/are-pompey-a-big-hitte
Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 12:22 - Apr 19 with 3204 viewsdirk_doone

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 12:10 - Apr 19 by franniesTache

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/are-pompey-a-big-hitte

That's hilarious. I see they not only doctor the numbers for their attendances but also for the years they've spent in the lower divisions.

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 12:28 - Apr 19 with 3195 viewsfranniesTache

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 12:22 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

That's hilarious. I see they not only doctor the numbers for their attendances but also for the years they've spent in the lower divisions.

In my life they've only been in the top flight for 8 seasons in total, and that's over a more than 40 year period.

In comparison we've been in the top flight for 35 seasons, Brighton for 8 seasons and little old bournemouth for 4.

They're a f*cking minnow in the game and have been for 40+ years at the least, probably longer if we're honest.
Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 13:10 - Apr 19 with 3134 viewsPatfromPoole

“Natural level” is the term I believe is fairly regularly used by Monsieur Cent Trente.

I hope he doesn’t suffer any more extended internet outages.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 13:13 - Apr 19 with 3116 viewsPatfromPoole

On another note, Cowley must be under a bit of pressure.

Especially with them being such a huge club and all that, not to mention their shiny new blue seats in the mega fire-hazards that are their North and South Stands.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 15:46 - Apr 19 with 3006 viewsCenturion

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 12:28 - Apr 19 by franniesTache

In my life they've only been in the top flight for 8 seasons in total, and that's over a more than 40 year period.

In comparison we've been in the top flight for 35 seasons, Brighton for 8 seasons and little old bournemouth for 4.

They're a f*cking minnow in the game and have been for 40+ years at the least, probably longer if we're honest.

Well said.

They are good at thinking they are a big club. Not that anybody listens anymore.
Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 08:49 - Apr 20 with 2685 viewsChesham_Saint

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 12:22 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

I love the waythey blame “the Nazis” for interrupting their imperious reign in the top tier. Usually those fvckers thank them for letting them “hold the FA cup the longest”.

You couldn’tt make it up - What an utter bunch of fecktards.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 10:41 - Apr 20 with 2639 viewsdwayne_dibley

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 08:49 - Apr 20 by Chesham_Saint

I love the waythey blame “the Nazis” for interrupting their imperious reign in the top tier. Usually those fvckers thank them for letting them “hold the FA cup the longest”.

You couldn’tt make it up - What an utter bunch of fecktards.

different mindset in the land of kiddie fiddlers

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 17:25 - Apr 20 with 2537 viewsTimSaint

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 12:10 - Apr 19 by franniesTache

What an absolute joke of an article - the sort of stuff that 130 writes on here.

They dwell so much on the past glories in an attempt to blur the facts about their current position. You can see where 130 gets his crap from.

The bottom line is that unless you are older than 63, you will not have witnessed the skates in the top flight for more than 8 seasons. FACT !!

Because they have been in L1 and rather embarrassingly L2 for the last 10 Seasons, the kids are no longer interested in their local team and that is why I see so many 'other team' shirts when on the rare occasions I go to GunWharf Quays. Kids supports Arsenal / Chelsea etc and Pompey are their second team !!

They really are not anywhere near the size they think or say they are and have found their level.

Social Distancing once again - 2 Leagues Apart !!

.....but of course they are not ready to go up yet, but it will be their year next year. Just remember that it was 10 years ago this summer when they said We'd be changing places 3 years from now !! :-)

TimSaint

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 20:42 - Apr 20 with 2464 viewsBicester_North

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 17:25 - Apr 20 by TimSaint

What an absolute joke of an article - the sort of stuff that 130 writes on here.

They dwell so much on the past glories in an attempt to blur the facts about their current position. You can see where 130 gets his crap from.

The bottom line is that unless you are older than 63, you will not have witnessed the skates in the top flight for more than 8 seasons. FACT !!

Because they have been in L1 and rather embarrassingly L2 for the last 10 Seasons, the kids are no longer interested in their local team and that is why I see so many 'other team' shirts when on the rare occasions I go to GunWharf Quays. Kids supports Arsenal / Chelsea etc and Pompey are their second team !!

They really are not anywhere near the size they think or say they are and have found their level.

.....but of course they are not ready to go up yet, but it will be their year next year. Just remember that it was 10 years ago this summer when they said We'd be changing places 3 years from now !! :-)

They also managed to scab through to a cup semi while being the only premier league team in the round for the first time in 100 years.

Like you said Tim, kids in that area aren’t bothered about their local team any more, it’s just the drooling old fat boys who used to attack youth clubs and disabled sections in the 1980s and early 90s that think they are still something special as a club.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 20:44 - Apr 20 with 2459 viewsMytchettSaint

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 17:25 - Apr 20 by TimSaint

I wonder how Arthur Hucksake is these days?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 16:38 - Apr 21 with 2274 viewsCenturion

They are a biggish club in third division, but no more than that.

In fact their current position is a fair reflection of a good season for them.
Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 17:12 - Apr 21 with 2234 viewsdirk_doone

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 16:38 - Apr 21 by Centurion

They are a biggish club in third division, but no more than that.

In fact their current position is a fair reflection of a good season for them.

But not one of the biggest:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/attendances

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/attendances/away
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 17:15]

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 19:23 - Apr 21 with 2145 viewsCenturion

I read the above. So 6th biggest on attendance.
Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 19:36 - Apr 21 with 2115 viewsdirk_doone

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 19:23 - Apr 21 by Centurion

I read the above. So 6th biggest on attendance.

And either because their away support is not very good or because they are not considered much of an attraction, or both, only 12th biggest in away attendances (between Lincoln City and Accrington Stanley).

The big clubs, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich, are at the top of both the home and away attendances.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 10:12]

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 17:40 - Apr 22 with 1943 viewsCenturion

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 19:36 - Apr 21 by dirk_doone

And either because their away support is not very good or because they are not considered much of an attraction, or both, only 12th biggest in away attendances (between Lincoln City and Accrington Stanley).

The big clubs, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich, are at the top of both the home and away attendances.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 10:12]

Only 12th on away support.

You'd have thought the home stands would be packed for 'their cup final' for the big hitters of the third and fourth division?
Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 23:38 - Apr 22 with 1851 viewsChesham_Saint

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 17:40 - Apr 22 by Centurion

Only 12th on away support.

You'd have thought the home stands would be packed for 'their cup final' for the big hitters of the third and fourth division?

I’m clearly being stupid as I can’t figure out how the away support figures work. As in, what does the 9,930 figure against the skates mean?

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 02:31 - Apr 23 with 1824 views1ASIN12

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 23:38 - Apr 22 by Chesham_Saint

I’m clearly being stupid as I can’t figure out how the away support figures work. As in, what does the 9,930 figure against the skates mean?

The average attendance when Portsmouth play away from home .

To be fair this will rise as Portsmouth play Sheffield Wednesday away so an attendance of 20000 odd will push this up .
Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 07:25 - Apr 23 with 1772 viewsChesham_Saint

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 02:31 - Apr 23 by 1ASIN12

The average attendance when Portsmouth play away from home .

To be fair this will rise as Portsmouth play Sheffield Wednesday away so an attendance of 20000 odd will push this up .

Thanks for clarifying. It makes a bit more sense now.

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 09:31 - Apr 23 with 1715 viewsdirk_doone

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 07:25 - Apr 23 by Chesham_Saint

Thanks for clarifying. It makes a bit more sense now.

Basically, the biggest clubs get the biggest away attendances because they have the biggest away followings and they are also the biggest attraction for the home supporters. Little Pompey are between Lincoln City and Accrington Stanley.

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 10:24 - Apr 23 with 1681 viewsRon11

My home team and sometime Portsmouth bogey side Gillingham are there today.
My neighbour is a big Pompey fan. Not talking to me this morning, let's hope he blanks me again tonight.
Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 12:14 - Apr 23 with 1634 viewsCenturion

Portsmouth Promotion Hopes on 10:24 - Apr 23 by Ron11

My home team and sometime Portsmouth bogey side Gillingham are there today.
My neighbour is a big Pompey fan. Not talking to me this morning, let's hope he blanks me again tonight.

Has he not told you that next season will definitely be 'their' season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024