Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineker 15:45 - Jul 12 with 2159 viewsChesham_Saint

How the hell do the BBC justify his (and other’s) monstrous salary?

Yes he might be a good presenter, but every year dozens and dozens footballers are thrown on the scrap heap - surely some of them are articulate enough to have a chance?

Jobs for the boys (and girls) yet again.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Lineker on 15:52 - Jul 12 with 2120 viewsBerber

Don’t worry, in a year or two he will be replaced by squawking lady commentators. No wait, could he and Wrighty get away with claiming to be Transwomen?
Lineker on 17:20 - Jul 12 with 2066 viewsthissceptredsaint

Self ID would allow them to claim this. I don't think Gary would mind given his recent social media activity. I suppose he is paid the market rate but given the revelations of the sex paygap in the BBC it might save us a few quid if he does
Lineker on 18:43 - Jul 12 with 2001 viewsJaySaint

I think he is a great example - a person of colour like Gary being so highly paid by the general public. Wonderful

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Lineker on 19:02 - Jul 12 with 1972 viewsBazza

Lineker on 18:43 - Jul 12 by JaySaint

I think he is a great example - a person of colour like Gary being so highly paid by the general public. Wonderful

Has he come out yet?
Lineker on 21:43 - Jul 12 with 1873 viewsJellybaby

Lineker on 18:43 - Jul 12 by JaySaint

Haha, loved this story - he's not as pasty as some, but he ain't no person of colour - sorry Gary my old son - you are amongst the most hated group of people in the world - white, male, middle aged, middle class heterosexual - that is your cross to bear.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/gary-lineker-racist-abuse-darkish-skin

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Lineker on 16:24 - Jul 13 with 1670 viewsRon11

Just a pity they don't consider somebody like David Prutton for the job. He's well informed, comes across brilliantly and isn't a smug, obnoxious crisp munching coont.
And while we're at it, the gormless Jermaine Jenas is about as much use as a chocolate teapot in the pundit league..
Lineker on 20:36 - Jul 13 with 1584 viewsPoirot

Lineker and le tissier, two prize prats in recent years.
Lineker on 21:08 - Jul 13 with 1557 viewsJellybaby

Lineker on 20:36 - Jul 13 by Poirot

Lineker and le tissier, two prize prats in recent years.

These two could not be more different, pretty much polar opposites. Maybe you don't like any ex footballers?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Login to get fewer ads

Lineker on 08:22 - Jul 14 with 1473 viewssaint68

Can't abide the smug little jug eared ponce.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Lineker on 08:28 - Jul 14 with 1466 viewsSadoldgit

I think he does a good job. He has always given us and the smaller clubs a fair crack of the whip and clearly loves football and sport in general and is good in front of the camera. Whether he is worth that kind of money it is for his employers to decided but if they are willing to pay it I don’t blame him for signing the contract. His fee is no more ridiculous than EPL wages. The BBC need to attract talent if they are to offer a decent service to those who pay their license fee and MOTD is a flagship programme. Fair play to the bloke, he and Zoe Ball have both taken pay cuts but yes, they are still earning huge amounts for what they do, but then so did Shane Long. It could be worse, it could be Robbie Savage!
Lineker on 10:25 - Jul 14 with 1434 viewssaints__fan__73

He needs a better agent.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/may/11/tom-brady-tv-deal-fox-sports-nfl-

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Lineker on 10:31 - Jul 14 with 1421 viewsChesham_Saint

Lineker on 08:28 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

I think he does a good job. He has always given us and the smaller clubs a fair crack of the whip and clearly loves football and sport in general and is good in front of the camera. Whether he is worth that kind of money it is for his employers to decided but if they are willing to pay it I don’t blame him for signing the contract. His fee is no more ridiculous than EPL wages. The BBC need to attract talent if they are to offer a decent service to those who pay their license fee and MOTD is a flagship programme. Fair play to the bloke, he and Zoe Ball have both taken pay cuts but yes, they are still earning huge amounts for what they do, but then so did Shane Long. It could be worse, it could be Robbie Savage!

Needs to attract talent? What planet are you on? The BBC has no problem in attracting talent and there is a vast pool of unemployed with equity cards or degrees in journalism or whatever who would love to work at the BBC.

I’m not saying he does a bad job, I’m saying that he and others seem to have a job for life on exorbitant salaries.

£250k would be ample for him and if not he moves on to sky or wherever freeing up his seat for the next budding hopeful.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Lineker on 10:50 - Jul 14 with 1399 viewsBazza

Lineker on 10:31 - Jul 14 by Chesham_Saint

Needs to attract talent? What planet are you on? The BBC has no problem in attracting talent and there is a vast pool of unemployed with equity cards or degrees in journalism or whatever who would love to work at the BBC.

I’m not saying he does a bad job, I’m saying that he and others seem to have a job for life on exorbitant salaries.

£250k would be ample for him and if not he moves on to sky or wherever freeing up his seat for the next budding hopeful.

I agree, think the guy doing the Sunday highlights does a much better job and seems more knowledgeable. Of course Lineker does do the Sports Personality Show (with others) once a year.
Btw I’ve seen most of his family, no obvious sign of colour there.
Lineker on 11:16 - Jul 14 with 1370 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I always thought Gary Lineker was an OK sort of guy, fairly easy going and someone who you would be comfortable having a drink with.
However an old mate of mine worked with him on occasions on events and reckoned he came across an an entitled prat.
This was difficult for me to understand at the time bearing in mind I reckoned my mate was a good judge of character.
The more Lineker has exposed himself to the public eye with social media tweets and the like the more I can see his failings.
Lineker on 11:24 - Jul 14 with 1355 viewsSadoldgit

Lineker on 10:31 - Jul 14 by Chesham_Saint

Take it up with the BBC then Chesham. They need to save money so I am sure they will be happy to make the changes you suggest.
Lineker on 12:03 - Jul 14 with 1336 viewsPoirot

Lineker on 21:08 - Jul 13 by Jellybaby

These two could not be more different, pretty much polar opposites. Maybe you don't like any ex footballers?

Eh le tissier being a total arse since 2020 is well documented and lineker is just a virtual signalling knobhead. Gazza another tool, beating up his wife.
Lineker on 13:35 - Jul 14 with 1297 viewssaints__fan__73

Lineker on 12:03 - Jul 14 by Poirot

Eh le tissier being a total arse since 2020 is well documented and lineker is just a virtual signalling knobhead. Gazza another tool, beating up his wife.

Virtual signalling.

How's life UTS? Sounds like you have been out and about on your windy walks again.

Any more homosexual activity to report in the vicinity of the yacht club? I think my all-time favourite post of yours when you came on here to report how appalled you were to be witnessing that sort of thing in broad daylight.

Fair play to you though, it mustn't have been easy to carry off the appalled look while crouching in the bushes with your phone in one hand and yourself in the other.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024