Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Ralph save us a point or 21:02 - Aug 13 with 2891 viewsgrumpy

lose us 3?
Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:06 - Aug 13 with 2492 viewsJaySaint

lost 2.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:15 - Aug 13 with 2456 viewsSadoldgit

If we had been 2-0 up and had drawn he would have got a kicking. The team salvaged a point when it looked like we were well beaten and still he gets a kicking. He could beat United 4-0 and he will still probably get a kicking. 🙄
Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:24 - Aug 13 with 2423 viewsBicester_North

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:06 - Aug 13 by JaySaint

lost 2.

2 indeed

If we have realistic expectations of staying up we need to beat the other expected struggling teams at home. We can’t have yet another season where we drop too many points at St Mary’s

We are talking about several months of horrific form. The 3/5 at the back formation which means we play 3 of our weakest squad members (due to scandalous failure of the club to sign better for years) instead of playing an extra midfielder which is one area we seem to be well stocked with decent players, is stupid. So Ralph starting with that line up likely lost us 2 points
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 21:25]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:29 - Aug 13 with 2403 viewscocklebreath

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:15 - Aug 13 by Sadoldgit

If we had been 2-0 up and had drawn he would have got a kicking. The team salvaged a point when it looked like we were well beaten and still he gets a kicking. He could beat United 4-0 and he will still probably get a kicking. 🙄

Clueless, he started the wrong team /formation and eventually he got back to the formation/ team that everyone else wanted, cost us 2 points

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:56 - Aug 13 with 2328 viewskingslandstand1

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:29 - Aug 13 by cocklebreath

Clueless, he started the wrong team /formation and eventually he got back to the formation/ team that everyone else wanted, cost us 2 points

Exactly. So now it's the lottery as to what the next starting line up will be

Even the crowd woke up after that first goal, but if we'd have started with the successful team of the 90 minutes, well who knows

But could we argue that he is still getting the new boys to settle in hence the last 20 mins of enjoyable Saints play?
Did Ralph save us a point or on 22:15 - Aug 13 with 2291 viewsSaintsforeverj

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:56 - Aug 13 by kingslandstand1

Exactly. So now it's the lottery as to what the next starting line up will be

Even the crowd woke up after that first goal, but if we'd have started with the successful team of the 90 minutes, well who knows

But could we argue that he is still getting the new boys to settle in hence the last 20 mins of enjoyable Saints play?

It's arguable also that he brought on those players when Leeds were hot, tired and vulnerable. Unfortunately, we were already 2 down. Had we not been, they would have come on and won us the game, maybe that was the plan. They couldn't cope with the energy and quality of the subs late on. Had he started those players, they might have scored and got us into a lead, but who knows, they may have got tired themselves, lost energy and fizzled out. It's all ifs and buts.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 22:16]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Did Ralph save us a point or on 00:03 - Aug 14 with 2192 viewsDorsetIan

His starting 11/formation had us 2-0 down against a not that good team.

You’re not gong to wn too many giving the opposition a 2 goal headstart.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Did Ralph save us a point or on 00:26 - Aug 14 with 2178 viewssaint22

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:29 - Aug 13 by cocklebreath

I said it in another post he should be setting us up to take teams on and win so teams have to beat us
He constantly sets us up to negate other teams and we can’t play our own game, it’s tedious AF

Next week
KWP KOTCHAP SALISU PERRAUD
Aribo starts - signing players like him to improve the team then benching them just smacks of someone who doesn’t know what he is doing

SIMPLE as that
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 0:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Did Ralph save us a point or on 09:47 - Aug 14 with 1886 viewssaintwizzler

3 points lost.
We should be beating teams like Leeds at home.

1 win in 14 League games now.
More importantly 1 point from a possible 6 this season.
We have to get something at Leicester on Saturday.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Did Ralph save us a point or on 09:49 - Aug 14 with 1884 viewsTripleNiemi

Did Ralph save us a point or on 09:47 - Aug 14 by saintwizzler

3 points lost.

" We have to get something at Leicester on Saturday "............

pīssed???
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 9:50]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Did Ralph save us a point or on 09:53 - Aug 14 with 1867 viewsBerber

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:24 - Aug 13 by Bicester_North

2 indeed

If we have realistic expectations of staying up we need to beat the other expected struggling teams at home. We can’t have yet another season where we drop too many points at St Mary’s

We are talking about several months of horrific form. The 3/5 at the back formation which means we play 3 of our weakest squad members (due to scandalous failure of the club to sign better for years) instead of playing an extra midfielder which is one area we seem to be well stocked with decent players, is stupid. So Ralph starting with that line up likely lost us 2 points
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 21:25]

Leeds in no way look like a struggling team, last week or this.
Did Ralph save us a point or on 10:53 - Aug 14 with 1813 viewsSadoldgit

Did Ralph save us a point or on 09:47 - Aug 14 by saintwizzler

3 points lost.

Should? There are no givens in football. Should United be 4-0 down at half time to Brentford? It was an excellent come back and an excellent performance from the new signings. Plenty to be optimistic about so why all the negativity?
Did Ralph save us a point or on 12:08 - Aug 14 with 1737 viewskingslandstand1

Did Ralph save us a point or on 09:49 - Aug 14 by TripleNiemi

" We have to get something at Leicester on Saturday "............

pīssed???
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 9:50]

Players, Ralph or the fans?
Did Ralph save us a point or on 12:36 - Aug 14 with 1699 viewsTimSaint

For the first 60 minutes, we played as we did against Villarreal and Spurs. No organisation at the back, silly flicks and passes that gave the ball away and taking the wrong option, often turning into trouble, when there were easier passes available.
We didn't create a lot. Adams seemed reluctant to even challenge for headers, let alone make runs and Ely seemed a bit lost.

To concede so early was poor, especially with Adams losing possession and no marking in the box. I thought that might wake us up, but no, the 2nd arrived and still no urgency.

We brought the cavalry on and attacked, moved the ball quicker and were prepared to push more men forward. The goal from Aribo lifted everyone and after the 2nd arrived, I thought we would go on to win it. Unbelievable pass from Mara and composed finish from KWP.

It was poor from RH to stick with the formation that had failed him against Villarreal and Spurs. We played as we did in both of those games, but then I guess we had to go for it and the guys that came on really made a difference.

Credit to RH and the team for changing it, but we shouldn't have started like that in the first place.

Great to battle back for a point, but we are already 5 points down from the corresponding fixtures last season.

Let's hope the back 5 is not reintroduced for Leicester next week.

TimSaint

Did Ralph save us a point or on 13:13 - Aug 14 with 1646 viewsRon11

Did Ralph save us a point or on 12:36 - Aug 14 by TimSaint

For the first 60 minutes, we played as we did against Villarreal and Spurs. No organisation at the back, silly flicks and passes that gave the ball away and taking the wrong option, often turning into trouble, when there were easier passes available.
We didn't create a lot. Adams seemed reluctant to even challenge for headers, let alone make runs and Ely seemed a bit lost.

To concede so early was poor, especially with Adams losing possession and no marking in the box. I thought that might wake us up, but no, the 2nd arrived and still no urgency.

We brought the cavalry on and attacked, moved the ball quicker and were prepared to push more men forward. The goal from Aribo lifted everyone and after the 2nd arrived, I thought we would go on to win it. Unbelievable pass from Mara and composed finish from KWP.

It was poor from RH to stick with the formation that had failed him against Villarreal and Spurs. We played as we did in both of those games, but then I guess we had to go for it and the guys that came on really made a difference.

Credit to RH and the team for changing it, but we shouldn't have started like that in the first place.

Great to battle back for a point, but we are already 5 points down from the corresponding fixtures last season.

More like credit to Selles.
Did Ralph save us a point or on 13:33 - Aug 14 with 1613 viewsBicester_North

Did Ralph save us a point or on 09:53 - Aug 14 by Berber

Leeds in no way look like a struggling team, last week or this.

Where do you expect them to finish? If they finish any higher than 15th they will have exceeded most expectations

Did Ralph save us a point or on 13:38 - Aug 14 with 1601 viewsdwayne_dibley

Did Ralph save us a point or on 12:36 - Aug 14 by TimSaint

did the support staff finaly convince Ralph?

Would Kelvin have done that?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Did Ralph save us a point or on 14:11 - Aug 14 with 1556 viewsRon11

Did Ralph save us a point or on 13:38 - Aug 14 by dwayne_dibley

did the support staff finaly convince Ralph?

Would Kelvin have done that?

Ruben Selles told him plenty and he looked submissive, because he doesn't know what he's doing.
Two and a half goalkeepers wouldn't have done that.
Did Ralph save us a point or on 15:00 - Aug 14 with 1499 viewsDorsetIan

Did Ralph save us a point or on 14:11 - Aug 14 by Ron11

Ruben Selles told him plenty and he looked submissive, because he doesn't know what he's doing.
Two and a half goalkeepers wouldn't have done that.

It’s great that he’s now got people alongside him who have the authority to tell him what to do.

But it’s unsustainable. A manager can’t be seen to be dictated to by his assistants (who have no doubt been given their authority by Club management) for very long before the players start asking who’sreally in charge.

And what’s the point? If the manager needs to be told what to do, the club should let the real decision makers take over.

Did Ralph save us a point or on 16:03 - Aug 14 with 1443 viewsBicester_North

Did Ralph save us a point or on 10:53 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

Should? There are no givens in football. Should United be 4-0 down at half time to Brentford? It was an excellent come back and an excellent performance from the new signings. Plenty to be optimistic about so why all the negativity?

Probably because the people that pay to go to games have seen a generally crap return with the same old defensive problems with about 9 wins out of the last 30 at home in the league since the Liverpool win where Ralph cried.

Did Ralph save us a point or on 17:05 - Aug 14 with 1387 viewsBillyBlanco

It's clear to all Ralph should have started the game with four at the back, had he done so there's a good chance we would have won. But I think he'd on borrowed time.
Did Ralph save us a point or on 18:28 - Aug 14 with 1326 viewsdirk_doone

We need to win a game soon. A series of defeats followed by a draw is not good enough to stay up. The only win in our last 14 games was 4 months ago and if we continue that form all season, we'll win no more than 3 of our 38 games. In the 3 points for a win era, draws, especially at home against teams who are not part of the big six, are not good results and Leeds were one of the few teams we beat easily at St Mary's last season.

Hopefully, bringing in players like Aribo, who are used to playing in teams with a winning mentality, will help change things.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 18:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:13 - Aug 14 with 1189 viewsDorsetIan

Did Ralph save us a point or on 17:05 - Aug 14 by BillyBlanco

It's clear to all Ralph should have started the game with four at the back, had he done so there's a good chance we would have won. But I think he'd on borrowed time.

He’s currently scrambling around for another quid for the meter before the warden turns up.

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:18 - Aug 14 with 1180 viewsBerber

Did Ralph save us a point or on 13:33 - Aug 14 by Bicester_North

Where do you expect them to finish? If they finish any higher than 15th they will have exceeded most expectations

I have no idea, and silly to try. However, their movement, passing, positional play with and without the ball was pretty much what we were doing once we changed personnel and shape. They had more chances than we did, and looked confident and cohesive. They may not keep it up, but I am pretty sure the manager will not tolerate loose play or repeated stupid mistakes without sanction. Like us, they are still short of a striker, I know where I’d place my money on who will get the better player. It looks like JM knows what he wants, and is determined to get it.
Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:55 - Aug 14 with 1151 viewsBicester_North

Did Ralph save us a point or on 21:18 - Aug 14 by Berber

I have no idea, and silly to try. However, their movement, passing, positional play with and without the ball was pretty much what we were doing once we changed personnel and shape. They had more chances than we did, and looked confident and cohesive. They may not keep it up, but I am pretty sure the manager will not tolerate loose play or repeated stupid mistakes without sanction. Like us, they are still short of a striker, I know where I’d place my money on who will get the better player. It looks like JM knows what he wants, and is determined to get it.

How much of that was just down to our abysmal defending and awful set up?

Once we got our act together they capitulated. What I am saying is they are mid table at best, and these are the sides we should be beating at home, agreed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024