Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones 13:19 - Nov 7 with 13909 viewssaints__fan__73

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2022/november/nathan-jones-southampton/

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:22 - Nov 7 with 7442 viewsdirk_doone

He may be the cheapest option but he was a disaster at Stoke: a 15.8% win percentage over 38 games before they sacked him. He's like a cheaper version of Mark Hughes.

We want Gallardo . Let's hope our owners can afford to bring him here.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 13:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:26 - Nov 7 with 7392 viewsbarry_sanchez

Low aspiration club and that is all there is to it.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:26 - Nov 7 with 7389 viewssaints__fan__73

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:22 - Nov 7 by dirk_doone

He may be the cheapest option but he was a disaster at Stoke: a 15.8% win percentage over 38 games before they sacked him. He's like a cheaper version of Mark Hughes.

We want Gallardo . Let's hope our owners can afford to bring him here.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 13:27]

But he's cheap Dirk.

Looks like the only research Semmens did was 'who's got the lowest budget in the Championship? Ok, let's have their manager then as they haven't been relegated'.

Lead the Hatters to a 4-0 defeat to arch-rivals Watford a few weeks back.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:35 - Nov 7 with 7318 viewsBLEEDRED

The cheap option!!
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:38 - Nov 7 with 7288 viewssaints__fan__73

You packed your bags as I recall
And you walked slowly down the hall
You said you had to get away to ease your mind
And all you needed was a just little of time
Oh winter's passed, spring and fall
You never wrote me, you never called
Nathan Jones you've been gone too long
Gone too long
If a woman could die of tears
Nathan Jones, well, I wouldn't be here
The key that you're holding won't fit my door
And there's no room in my heart for you no more
'Cause, winter's passed, spring and fall
Gone too long
Nathan Jones, Nathan Jones
Nathan Jones, ooh
Winter's passed, spring and fall
Gone too long
Gone too long
Gone too long
Nathan jones you've been gonne too long
Gone too long

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:41 - Nov 7 with 7266 viewsdirk_doone

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:38 - Nov 7 by saints__fan__73

You packed your bags as I recall
And you walked slowly down the hall
You said you had to get away to ease your mind
And all you needed was a just little of time
Oh winter's passed, spring and fall
Gone too long
If a woman could die of tears
Nathan Jones, well, I wouldn't be here
The key that you're holding won't fit my door
And there's no room in my heart for you no more
'Cause, winter's passed, spring and fall
Gone too long
Nathan Jones, Nathan Jones
Nathan Jones, ooh
Winter's passed, spring and fall
Gone too long
Gone too long
Gone too long
Nathan jones you've been gonne too long
Gone too long

Let's hope he stays away a bit longer.

Thank God he wasn't our manager or we'd have been relegated a long time ago:

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/298908/nathan-jones
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 13:45]

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:47 - Nov 7 with 7217 viewsCenturion

Nathan Jones: Planning for the future i suppose. In the Championship. Makes sense.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:49 - Nov 7 with 7186 viewsdirk_doone

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:47 - Nov 7 by Centurion

Nathan Jones: Planning for the future i suppose. In the Championship. Makes sense.

jesusmcmuffin
All Time Stoke City XI

Makes you appreciate what you have seeing that car crash return

chiswickpotter
All Time Stoke City XI

How he thought that shape was a good idea to start with and then didn’t change it until they were 2-0 down is beyond belief. What a rubbish manager he is

shakermaker
First Team Player

He’ll never be gone long enough as far as I’m concerned!!

crapslinger
All Time Stoke City XI

He's a fraud and a charlatan why did we ever think he would be a good idea, I actually hate him for what he did here.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 14:13]

Login to get fewer ads

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:17 - Nov 7 with 7034 viewsSonicBoom

Trouble is you can't please people can you. If we appointed Gerrard there would be those that said he was taking Villa down. If we get someone from Europe then he's someone no one has heard of.
We aren't going to get a big established name from the premier league.

I'm not sure i buy this "well he's not been a big player so the players won't show him respect". That will depend on his demeanour. And also he will be the manager and if they want to play in the premier league then they have to respect him.
I don't know anything about him, but Luton have done very well in the Championship on very little resource.
I've no idea about the Argentinian guy. He could be good, he could be useless having zero experience of British football. Whether he gets stick or not will be down to results.
I wouldn't be sorry to see Dyche here. Everyone said he plays crap football but he had to play that way to keep burnley up on literally nothing. What was he expected to do - try and be all out attack and get stuffed every week like Norwich did?
His record was very good considering and I'd like to see what he might do with a little more resource.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:20 - Nov 7 with 7016 viewsdirk_doone

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:17 - Nov 7 by SonicBoom

Trouble is you can't please people can you. If we appointed Gerrard there would be those that said he was taking Villa down. If we get someone from Europe then he's someone no one has heard of.

I'm not sure i buy this "well he's not been a big player so the players won't show him respect". That will depend on his demeanour. And also he will be the manager and if they want to play in the premier league then they have to respect him.
I don't know anything about him, but Luton have done very well in the Championship on very little resource.
I've no idea about the Argentinian guy. He could be good, he could be useless having zero experience of British football. Whether he gets stick or not will be down to results.
I wouldn't be sorry to see Dyche here. Everyone said he plays crap football but he had to play that way to keep burnley up on literally nothing. What was he expected to do - try and be all out attack and get stuffed every week like Norwich did?
His record was very good considering and I'd like to see what he might do with a little more resource.

Gallardo will please a lot more than Nathan Jones.

The vast majority of Saints' fans will be happy if we get Gallardo, including me.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:22 - Nov 7 with 7007 viewsHeisenberg

Well if true it’s a strange one. If it goes tits up it will be the owners and the board that will be on the receiving end. Nathan Jones is a big gamble and if it comes off then great. Personally I can’t see it. No Premier League experience and very indifferent at Stoke. Hope I’m wrong.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:23 - Nov 7 with 6999 viewsdirk_doone

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:22 - Nov 7 by Heisenberg

Well if true it’s a strange one. If it goes tits up it will be the owners and the board that will be on the receiving end. Nathan Jones is a big gamble and if it comes off then great. Personally I can’t see it. No Premier League experience and very indifferent at Stoke. Hope I’m wrong.

Hopefully, the Club is just using him as a smokescreen as they know whoever else they get the fans will be relieved that it wasn't him.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:37 - Nov 7 with 6902 viewssaints__fan__73

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:20 - Nov 7 by dirk_doone

Gallardo will please a lot more than Nathan Jones.

The vast majority of Saints' fans will be happy if we get Gallardo, including me.

TBF, most Saints fans had never heard of Gallardo before a few days ago, couldn't tell you one thing about him, what his career has been, how his teams play, etc.

I guess it's just that Johnny Foreigner who you've never heard of sounds more glamourous than a British bloke we don't know much about.

I'd rather have neither of them tbf.

Someone with top level experience of a European league is what we need.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:46 - Nov 7 with 6791 viewssaint22

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 13:26 - Nov 7 by saints__fan__73

But he's cheap Dirk.

Looks like the only research Semmens did was 'who's got the lowest budget in the Championship? Ok, let's have their manager then as they haven't been relegated'.

Lead the Hatters to a 4-0 defeat to arch-rivals Watford a few weeks back.

Clearly the cheap option and as some have said will be good for us when/if we go down but can't see him cutting it in the PL
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:08 - Nov 7 with 6711 viewsCenturion

Whether Luton will let him go to one of their potential rivals next season remains to be seen.
That is, if Luton fail to get promoted of course.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:18 - Nov 7 with 6654 viewssaints__fan__73

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:08 - Nov 7 by Centurion

Whether Luton will let him go to one of their potential rivals next season remains to be seen.
That is, if Luton fail to get promoted of course.

Well it doesn't remain to be seen does it? They've given us permission to speak to him which means they will let him go. It's now down to what Saints and Jones want.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:24 - Nov 7 with 6628 viewsinthebox

You can see why he's on their radar, Luton are playing good footy at the moment defending solidly keeping their shape and their forwards are taking their chances.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:34 - Nov 7 with 6573 views1885_SFC

We're hoping Jones is to Southampton what Potter was for Brighton.

I'm in. To be fair, I'm just relieved we've made the change.

Old School is Cool

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:49 - Nov 7 with 6478 viewsMytchettSaint

I wonder if he’ll do the honourable thing and resign immediately?

#Nathanout!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:55 - Nov 7 with 6448 viewskentsouthampton

From a Stoke forum

"Some managers suit smaller clubs . Will only end one way and will need God more than ever.
Will be a great appointment for Pompey fans everywhere "

"A couple of my oldest friends are Pompeys. They are on their way to A&E to have hernias patched up with gaffa tape, following convulsive laughter-related and hysteria-induced abdomen mishaps."

"He was a disgrace.

Hoodwinked the lot of you and the board.

Should be made to pay reparations for fuçking the club."

"100% they'll be relegated "
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:59 - Nov 7 with 6428 viewssaints__fan__73

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 15:24 - Nov 7 by inthebox

You can see why he's on their radar, Luton are playing good footy at the moment defending solidly keeping their shape and their forwards are taking their chances.

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:03 - Nov 7 with 6386 viewsgrumpy

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:37 - Nov 7 by saints__fan__73

TBF, most Saints fans had never heard of Gallardo before a few days ago, couldn't tell you one thing about him, what his career has been, how his teams play, etc.

I guess it's just that Johnny Foreigner who you've never heard of sounds more glamourous than a British bloke we don't know much about.

I'd rather have neither of them tbf.

Someone with top level experience of a European league is what we need.

Have a look at Marcelo Gallardo credentials as a player and manager of River Plate.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:08 - Nov 7 with 6346 viewskingslandstand1

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 14:17 - Nov 7 by SonicBoom

Potter wasn't a big name player either - there have been plenty of those, so although slightly underwhelmed you may be right, he could do for us what Potter did down the road (who'd have thought we'd be looking up at Brighton ffs!)

And Jones has just signed a new long term contract with Luton so there will be a few bob compensation to pay out I'm sure so hopefully it'll work

Hope he's good at working with the youngsters!
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:09 - Nov 7 with 6345 viewsprofessor_peach

Perhaps it's both Gallardo and Jones? Jones as assistant to learn and with English game knowledge plus he can speak Spanish fluently.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:19 - Nov 7 with 6281 views1885_SFC

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:08 - Nov 7 by kingslandstand1

Potter wasn't a big name player either - there have been plenty of those, so although slightly underwhelmed you may be right, he could do for us what Potter did down the road (who'd have thought we'd be looking up at Brighton ffs!)

And Jones has just signed a new long term contract with Luton so there will be a few bob compensation to pay out I'm sure so hopefully it'll work

Hope he's good at working with the youngsters!

Jones is well known for working with young players & bringing them through to first team appearances.

He's also used to working with very, VERY tight budgets.

No wonder he was (probably) the first name on the board's manager recruitment sheet.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024