Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm backing the new manager. 11:23 - Nov 10 with 2121 viewsfelly1

Yes, there's a good chance this will all end in tears but I'm hoping and dreaming that Nathan Jones finds a way of gelling these players into an effective team that can eek out enough points to stay up.
I would assume the owners who have far more at stake than we do in terms of lost revenue and investments, have made a calculated decision on this guy to succeed in keeping us up.
Let's be honest , we'll lose more than we'll win in the Prem as it currently stands .
It's whether this guy can do a "Potter" and over the course of two or three seasons turn us into an effective team on a fairly tight spending budget.
I'm backing the new manager. on 13:00 - Nov 10 with 1998 viewsChesham_Saint

The new owners have more at stake? I doubt it. This just a business venture for them. Worst case scenario is that they get no massive upside from the Premier League and are left with a championship club (or worse) that they make a capital loss on. A mere financial inconvenience. They won't even look in the rear view mirror when they jump town. None of them will have bet the ranch on this and will have plenty of other options.

Conversely they expect Saints fans to financially commit what in many cases will be a significant amount of their disposable income and a massive amount of emotional capital out of blind faith.

In short, I feel like we're being played for mugs and right now there's no way I'd consider renewing my season ticket, let alone spend the petrol money and time to watch a scruffy halfwit from Luton (Luton, FFS!) fvck up.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

I'm backing the new manager. on 13:22 - Nov 10 with 1971 viewsPaleRider

There is a thread on Sainstweb that is worth reading: Summary from a Luton Fan.

I'm also underwhelmed but we have to give this guy a chance and our backing - otherwise we are definitely down.

Our players are clearly a big part of the problem - witness some of the performances last night. Frankly, I'm more than happy if he puts a firework up their arses and makes them earn their money. All I want to see is commitment.
I'm backing the new manager. on 14:19 - Nov 10 with 1896 viewsfelly1

I'm backing the new manager. on 13:22 - Nov 10 by PaleRider

There is a thread on Sainstweb that is worth reading: Summary from a Luton Fan.

I'm also underwhelmed but we have to give this guy a chance and our backing - otherwise we are definitely down.

Our players are clearly a big part of the problem - witness some of the performances last night. Frankly, I'm more than happy if he puts a firework up their arses and makes them earn their money. All I want to see is commitment.

Spot on. The players need to be pushed hard and be up for the battle. I can't handle all this kid gloves treatment just because they are Prem players.
The Wednesday players last night used skill and physical strength and for big chunks of the game looked better than us. Poor old Mara particularly looked like a lost little boy out there.
ll check out the thread on Saints Web. Cheers.
I'm backing the new manager. on 14:38 - Nov 10 with 1874 viewsCenturion

I am more confident that if we do go down that we have a manager that knows the Championship and can at least cement our place mid table and even a play off place.
I'm backing the new manager. on 15:26 - Nov 10 with 1805 viewsgrumpy

Bored of it all now.
The cost of football in the premiership is just not worth it,particularly during a cost of living crisis.
This appointment has really depressed me.
I'm backing the new manager. on 15:26 - Nov 10 with 1804 viewsCapt_Koons

I'm backing the new manager. on 14:38 - Nov 10 by Centurion

I am more confident that if we do go down that we have a manager that knows the Championship and can at least cement our place mid table and even a play off place.

Thats the spirit, aim for championship mid-table and then bask in the glory we've got tge right man for the job.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

I'm backing the new manager. on 15:29 - Nov 10 with 1796 viewssaints__fan__73

I'm backing the new manager. on 15:26 - Nov 10 by grumpy

Bored of it all now.
The cost of football in the premiership is just not worth it,particularly during a cost of living crisis.

Are you talking about the Rugby competition? The PL hasn't been called the Premiership for getting on for a quarter of a century...
[Post edited 10 Nov 2022 16:38]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

I'm backing the new manager. on 15:38 - Nov 10 with 1783 viewsgrumpy

I'm backing the new manager. on 14:38 - Nov 10 by Centurion

So much for ambition.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm backing the new manager. on 15:44 - Nov 10 with 1771 viewsSFC_Referee

Well I hope I’m wrong, but my opinions of whether we’ll go down or not is simply down to who we’ll sign in January now!
As unless we get a decent striker (so like a £30m one), another winger and another box to box midfielder, then for the first time ever since we’ve come back up to the prem, I think we’ll be going down this season!

As I really do hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see this coach solving any of the issues and isn’t gonna do any better than Ralph did, I’d not worse! As at least with Ralph in charge I didn’t see us going down, as yeah we might have finished like 17th or such, but we weren’t gonna go down under him, whilst we might under Jones. But look hopefully I’m wrong, but unless we get in those 3 signings in January and they all work out for us then I do think we’re stuffed!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2022 15:44]

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

I'm backing the new manager. on 16:35 - Nov 10 with 1686 viewspjt50

I'm backing the new manager. on 15:26 - Nov 10 by grumpy

Bored of it all now.

Me too. I could kind of buy into what Hasenhuttl & the club were trying to do, at least in his early days. The unpredictability made it all the more fun somehow. Let's face it, we're very unlikely to win anything so there has to be something to sustain interest.

The best I can see lying ahead is Premier League mediocrity. The worst, a slide into the Championship. Doesn't really fill me with much enthusiasm.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

I'm backing the new manager. on 16:37 - Nov 10 with 1681 viewssaints__fan__73

I'm backing relegation. Must be the value bet now.

I'm backing the new manager. on 16:41 - Nov 10 with 1660 viewsdwayne_dibley

Luton fans are delighted to get shot of him. They reckon he has the tactical awareness of a Rusian General

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

I'm backing the new manager. on 16:48 - Nov 10 with 1640 viewssaints__fan__73

I'm backing the new manager. on 16:41 - Nov 10 by dwayne_dibley

Luton fans are delighted to get shot of him. They reckon he has the tactical awareness of a Rusian General

He's not PL level but that's just bollux.

They have by far the smallest budget in the league so just surviving in the Champ is a miracle for them and yet Jones got them to the playoffs last year and in the mix this one. I can't see any new boss getting them into the top 2...

I'm backing the new manager. on 17:03 - Nov 10 with 1604 viewsgrumpy

I think he will find himself way out of his depth in the Premiership.
Ridiculous and depressing appointment.
I'd like to know who's bright idea it was to bring him here.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2022 17:09]
I'm backing the new manager. on 17:24 - Nov 10 with 1580 viewsdwayne_dibley

I'm backing the new manager. on 17:03 - Nov 10 by grumpy

I think he will find himself way out of his depth in the Premiership.
Ridiculous and depressing appointment.
I'd like to know who's bright idea it was to bring him here.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2022 17:09]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

I'm backing the new manager. on 18:05 - Nov 10 with 1546 viewsGRIM

I'm backing the new manager. on 16:37 - Nov 10 by saints__fan__73

I'm backing relegation. Must be the value bet now.

It won't be a value bet if its odds on.
Perhaps a better bet is that we get less than 28 points.
I'm backing the new manager. on 19:06 - Nov 10 with 1475 viewssledger

I'm backing the new manager. on 16:41 - Nov 10 by dwayne_dibley

yeh like hes done a real bad job for them,there hitting well above themselves
I'm backing the new manager. on 19:18 - Nov 10 with 1455 views1885_SFC

I'm backing the new manager. on 19:06 - Nov 10 by sledger

yeh like hes done a real bad job for them,there hitting well above themselves

They said the same when Coventry sacked Strachan and he came here.

"Strachan returned to management within weeks, taking the manager's job at Premier League Southampton, who had sacked manager Stuart Gray after a terrible start to their first season at the new St Mary's Stadium. Most pundits had already written off their survival chances by the time of Strachan's appointment in October 2001, but he turned round their fortunes and they finished 11th in the Premier League. The Saints progressed further in 2002—03 when they finished eighth and reached the FA Cup Final, where they lost 1—0 to Arsenal. As Arsenal had already qualified for the 2003—04 UEFA Champions League, Southampton won a place in the UEFA Cup."

Old School is Cool

I'm backing the new manager. on 19:52 - Nov 10 with 1412 viewsSouthamptonfan

Seen the interviews today. I thought NJ spoke well. We need to give him a chance.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

I'm backing the new manager. on 20:17 - Nov 10 with 1382 viewssledger

I'm backing the new manager. on 19:52 - Nov 10 by Southamptonfan

Seen the interviews today. I thought NJ spoke well. We need to give him a chance.

this is dead right
I'm backing the new manager. on 21:02 - Nov 10 with 1320 viewsGRIM

I'm backing the new manager. on 20:17 - Nov 10 by sledger

this is dead right

We wanted a change of manager & we got it, NJ might not be the one we would have liked but he's going to need our support if he's going to do well so let's get behind him & judge him by results.
It's probably going to be a rough ride but survival this season is the name of the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024