Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crush At Brixton Academy 09:19 - Dec 16 with 1727 viewsSaintNick

I know several people on here go to Brixton Academy regularly, so i hope they werent there last night when apparently there was an attempt to storm the venue by ticketless fans, strangely Sky news were very reticent in saying who was playing there for some reason.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Crush At Brixton Academy on 09:23 - Dec 16 with 1702 viewsdirk_doone

I don't think there's anybody on here who's into Nigerian street music'

https://theface.com/music/asake-sungba-lyrics-meaning-burna-boy-london-shows-rev

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Crush At Brixton Academy on 09:25 - Dec 16 with 1696 viewsSaintNick

Crush At Brixton Academy on 09:23 - Dec 16 by dirk_doone

I don't think there's anybody on here who's into Nigerian street music'

https://theface.com/music/asake-sungba-lyrics-meaning-burna-boy-london-shows-rev

I have never heard of him

Crush At Brixton Academy on 09:49 - Dec 16 with 1667 viewsdirk_doone

Crush At Brixton Academy on 09:25 - Dec 16 by SaintNick

I have never heard of him

You are not alone.

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:16 - Dec 16 with 1652 viewssaints__fan__73

Crush At Brixton Academy on 09:49 - Dec 16 by dirk_doone

You are not alone.

I thought this was going to be a review of a gig.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:29 - Dec 16 with 1629 viewsSonicBoom

I really don't know what's happening at the moment particularly in London. It seems there is a culture developing of just storming places.
There have been several incidents recently where large groups have attempted to storm into events - gigs and shops mainly but also football.
Social media is also full of videos of gangs of mostly young people storming into shops (Apple for example) and even McDonalds, and just taking anything they want.
I guess they feel these days there is little chance of being caught in a group and even if they do they don't fear the consequences.
Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:29 - Dec 16 with 1626 viewsPatfromPoole

Shame.

It is my favourite gig venue by a mile, cracking atmosphere in there and a real historic feel about the place. Iconic.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 10:29]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:46 - Dec 16 with 1605 viewsdirk_doone

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:29 - Dec 16 by SonicBoom

I really don't know what's happening at the moment particularly in London. It seems there is a culture developing of just storming places.
There have been several incidents recently where large groups have attempted to storm into events - gigs and shops mainly but also football.
Social media is also full of videos of gangs of mostly young people storming into shops (Apple for example) and even McDonalds, and just taking anything they want.
I guess they feel these days there is little chance of being caught in a group and even if they do they don't fear the consequences.

The government is losing control of the country. You can see it with law and order, public transport, the health system and the economy. It's probably going to get a lot worse next summer, when we can expect a repeat of the 2011 London riots.

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:52 - Dec 16 with 1596 viewssaints__fan__73

What's the demographic of these 'young people' rushing into stores in gangs and stealing stuff?

Login to get fewer ads

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:56 - Dec 16 with 1583 viewsdirk_doone

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:16 - Dec 16 by saints__fan__73

I thought this was going to be a review of a gig.

I don't think there's much fear of me being caught in the crush at an Asake gig.

Crush At Brixton Academy on 11:00 - Dec 16 with 1579 views1885_SFC

Bit weird - a singer who's name is pronounced 'Arse-ache'...

Old School is Cool

Crush At Brixton Academy on 11:03 - Dec 16 with 1575 viewssaints__fan__73

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:56 - Dec 16 by dirk_doone

I don't think there's much fear of me being caught in the crush at an Asake gig.

I meant a review of a band called 'Crush' at the Academy.

Crush At Brixton Academy on 11:17 - Dec 16 with 1562 viewsMytchettSaint

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:29 - Dec 16 by SonicBoom

100% spot on

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Crush At Brixton Academy on 15:28 - Dec 16 with 1460 viewsSaintNick

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:46 - Dec 16 by dirk_doone

The government is losing control of the country. You can see it with law and order, public transport, the health system and the economy. It's probably going to get a lot worse next summer, when we can expect a repeat of the 2011 London riots.

Part of the reason the government got in was that people felt that the then government was losing control of the country with the major rioting that took place in London

Crush At Brixton Academy on 16:46 - Dec 16 with 1408 viewsMytchettSaint

Crush At Brixton Academy on 15:28 - Dec 16 by SaintNick

Part of the reason the government got in was that people felt that the then government was losing control of the country with the major rioting that took place in London

In 2011? Who was in power back then?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Crush At Brixton Academy on 16:58 - Dec 16 with 1382 viewsPoirot

Clearly the 'type' of fans this artist attracts caused this situation.
Crush At Brixton Academy on 02:42 - Dec 17 with 1232 viewsdirk_doone

Crush At Brixton Academy on 16:46 - Dec 16 by MytchettSaint

In 2011? Who was in power back then?

Tne Conservatives. As Nick's pointed out, they were losing control even then and were replaced by more Conservatives who lost even more control. The polticians Eton is churning out seem to be geting worse and worse.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 15:25]

Crush At Brixton Academy on 09:29 - Dec 17 with 1129 viewsBridders2

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:46 - Dec 16 by dirk_doone

It's called 'Steaming' and it's been going on in London since the late 80's so not a new phenomenon. Large groups of black youngsters rush into a shop and run out with the goods. I witnessed one in Oxford Street once.
Crush At Brixton Academy on 11:44 - Dec 17 with 1069 viewsTripleNiemi

Crush At Brixton Academy on 10:29 - Dec 16 by PatfromPoole

Shame.

It is my favourite gig venue by a mile, cracking atmosphere in there and a real historic feel about the place. Iconic.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 10:29]

Ditto.

The gentle rake on the floor means that wherever you stand you have a decent view. Great acoustics and plenty of history. Just a shame the Pogues will never play there again as those Xmas gigs were raucous.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Crush At Brixton Academy on 15:42 - Dec 17 with 987 viewscocklebreath

Crush At Brixton Academy on 09:29 - Dec 17 by Bridders2

It's called 'Steaming' and it's been going on in London since the late 80's so not a new phenomenon. Large groups of black youngsters rush into a shop and run out with the goods. I witnessed one in Oxford Street once.

I had a student job in Corals bookies and often had warnings flash up of streaming’s in the local area, if it had happened in my shop I would have hid in the toilet. That was mid 90’s

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Crush At Brixton Academy on 16:52 - Dec 17 with 949 viewsSalisburySaint

Sad to hear of the death, but on the two occasions I’ve attended this year it’s been very well organised with barriers down the side of building with only two or three wide queue inside barriers for those going onto gigs.

so not sure why there should have been the problems on this occasion
Crush At Brixton Academy on 11:42 - Dec 18 with 738 viewsTripleNiemi

Crush At Brixton Academy on 16:52 - Dec 17 by SalisburySaint

Sad to hear of the death, but on the two occasions I’ve attended this year it’s been very well organised with barriers down the side of building with only two or three wide queue inside barriers for those going onto gigs.

so not sure why there should have been the problems on this occasion

Every time I have been to Brixton Academy (and I have done my fair share) the security etc. has been nothing short of impeccable - really easy and spot on…..walk down the side of the building, through the first lot of security, then a second check as you approach the front doors and then a further screening and ticket check at or just inside the entrance. Not sure what the causation was here (have not looked at the news) but it’s terrible regardless.

Did Electric Brixton this year at as well for the first time, how have I missed that place!?!

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Crush At Brixton Academy on 12:14 - Dec 18 with 702 viewsPatfromPoole

Crush At Brixton Academy on 11:42 - Dec 18 by TripleNiemi

Every time I have been to Brixton Academy (and I have done my fair share) the security etc. has been nothing short of impeccable - really easy and spot on…..walk down the side of the building, through the first lot of security, then a second check as you approach the front doors and then a further screening and ticket check at or just inside the entrance. Not sure what the causation was here (have not looked at the news) but it’s terrible regardless.

Did Electric Brixton this year at as well for the first time, how have I missed that place!?!

Yes, it has always been the same to me.

But from the footage I have seen, it looks like there was a large mass of people on the forecourt area by the road.

It’s tragic about the girl who has died, leaving behind 2 young kids. Awful.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024