Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's a no from Marsch 14:43 - Feb 15 with 5900 viewsSonicBoom

The search continues.
It's a no from Marsch on 14:49 - Feb 15 with 4625 viewsSteveMoron

Now what?
It's a no from Marsch on 14:50 - Feb 15 with 4619 viewsSouthamptonfan

Yep, deal off. Jesse wants a longer contract, Saints want a short term deal. Can understand both sides. They should just see how Selles does for the next few games.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

It's a no from Marsch on 14:54 - Feb 15 with 4606 viewsdirk_doone

That's good news.

Let's see how Selles gets on. I really don't think he'd be any worse than Marsch and he'll save us throwing millions more away on another medicore manager like we did with Jones. We're 1/5 to be relegated anyway. We might as well get a proper manager in the summer, who can take us to a Championship title. Either that or we get a big personality now, who is going to give the players a massive confidence boost and keep us up. That wouldn't have been Marsch.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

It's a no from Marsch on 15:05 - Feb 15 with 4534 viewsSteveMoron

It's a no from Marsch on 14:54 - Feb 15 by dirk_doone

That's good news.

Let's see how Selles gets on. I really don't think he'd be any worse than Marsch and he'll save us throwing millions more away on another medicore manager like we did with Jones. We're 1/5 to be relegated anyway. We might as well get a proper manager in the summer, who can take us to a Championship title. Either that or we get a big personality now, who is going to give the players a massive confidence boost and keep us up. That wouldn't have been Marsch.

Good news? I think he'd have done well.
It's a no from Marsch on 15:09 - Feb 15 with 4514 viewsdirk_doone

It's a no from Marsch on 15:05 - Feb 15 by SteveMoron

Yes, very good news. You thought Nathan Jones would do well too. In fact the few fans who wanted Marsch here are the same ones who wanted Jones.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/291519/great-interview.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

It's a no from Marsch on 15:10 - Feb 15 with 4501 viewsScoot

It's a no from Marsch on 15:05 - Feb 15 by SteveMoron

Why would he? He had a better team, better players & more money yet they are 4 points better off. Give your head a wobble

Poll: Should NJ go?

It's a no from Marsch on 15:26 - Feb 15 with 4426 viewsmushinexile

That is the four points that make them clear of the drop. We would settle for that right now
It's a no from Marsch on 15:28 - Feb 15 with 4416 viewsSteveMoron

It's a no from Marsch on 15:09 - Feb 15 by dirk_doone

Yes, very good news. You thought Nathan Jones would do well too. In fact the few fans who wanted Marsch here are the same ones who wanted Jones.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/291519/great-interview.

I didn't want Nathan Jones but he was already in. You've got to get behind a new manager instead of spouting toxic rubbish. You wouldn't be happy with anyone except Pochetino. 😆 The players are on the floor right now and JM would have done ok imo.
We'll end up with Rooney now.😔
Login to get fewer ads

It's a no from Marsch on 15:34 - Feb 15 with 4372 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's a no from Marsch on 15:28 - Feb 15 by SteveMoron

I didn't want Nathan Jones but he was already in. You've got to get behind a new manager instead of spouting toxic rubbish. You wouldn't be happy with anyone except Pochetino. 😆 The players are on the floor right now and JM would have done ok imo.

Or Gerrard telling how his heart is always in Liverpool and how pleased he is with Liverpool's latest cup win.

It's a no from Marsch on 15:39 - Feb 15 with 4343 viewsRon11

It's a no from Marsch on 15:28 - Feb 15 by SteveMoron

It was Jones who was spouting toxic rubbish, not us.
It's a no from Marsch on 15:41 - Feb 15 with 4323 viewsSteveMoron

It's a no from Marsch on 15:10 - Feb 15 by Scoot

Why would he? He had a better team, better players & more money yet they are 4 points better off. Give your head a wobble

We have a much better team and players than Leeds plus Leeds have been incredibly unlucky. We haven't. We've been useless.
It's a no from Marsch on 16:17 - Feb 15 with 4228 viewsgrumpy

It's a no from Marsch on 14:50 - Feb 15 by Southamptonfan

Yep, deal off. Jesse wants a longer contract, Saints want a short term deal. Can understand both sides. They should just see how Selles does for the next few games.

How you expect someone to sign a short term contract when we are bottom of the division is beyond me.
It's a no from Marsch on 16:23 - Feb 15 with 4192 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's a no from Marsch on 16:17 - Feb 15 by grumpy

How you expect someone to sign a short term contract when we are bottom of the division is beyond me.

What you on about. I said "I understand both sides". I don't expect someone to sign a short term contract.

It's a no from Marsch on 16:34 - Feb 15 with 4146 viewsgrumpy

It's a no from Marsch on 16:23 - Feb 15 by Southamptonfan

What you on about. I said "I understand both sides". I don't expect someone to sign a short term contract.

That was aimed at the club not you.
It's a no from Marsch on 16:39 - Feb 15 with 4117 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's a no from Marsch on 16:34 - Feb 15 by grumpy

That was aimed at the club not you.

Ok fair enough. No worries. I agree with you by the way. The owners are stupid.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 16:40]

It's a no from Marsch on 16:50 - Feb 15 with 4053 viewsBerber

Selles to the end of the season for me. We certainly don’t need any of the Old Hacks. I don’t think there are any miracle workers available now, and if there are, the board clearly don’t know who they might be given the stupid lazy route they chose already.
It's a no from Marsch on 18:58 - Feb 15 with 3735 viewsNewdawn2014

We quick Marsch off ?
It's a no from Marsch on 19:01 - Feb 15 with 3719 viewsMattFinish

Surely they should have given Marsch the length of contract he wants then sack him if he’s no good
It would probably be cheaper than a very average player
Sports Republic are starting to worry me
It's a no from Marsch on 19:16 - Feb 15 with 3683 viewsGRIM

If you can believe the rumours that are coming out about us not taking JM as our new manager, then it appears Player Power
Influenced the board.
Dissent & objections came from the senior players about the appointment of JM.
Probably a good outcome then, the players need to have a manager that they respect & believe in.
I'm not sure that many of us fans were excited about JM coming in.
Looks like Ruben Selles will get a deserved chance to prove himself.
It's a no from Marsch on 19:23 - Feb 15 with 3662 views1885_SFC

It's a no from Marsch on 19:16 - Feb 15 by GRIM

If you can believe the rumours that are coming out about us not taking JM as our new manager, then it appears Player Power
Influenced the board.
Dissent & objections came from the senior players about the appointment of JM.
Probably a good outcome then, the players need to have a manager that they respect & believe in.
I'm not sure that many of us fans were excited about JM coming in.
Looks like Ruben Selles will get a deserved chance to prove himself.

My only beef with that (player power) is that it's Ruben Selles... someone who knows the players well, is matey with them, has a laugh with them, goes easy on them, they won't have to bust a gut for him, etc etc.

Or does the REAL Ruben Selles have the balls & the management style to kick the overpaid fookers up the arse and get them doing what they're handsomely paid to do???

Old School is Cool

It's a no from Marsch on 19:30 - Feb 15 with 3620 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's a no from Marsch on 19:23 - Feb 15 by 1885_SFC

My only beef with that (player power) is that it's Ruben Selles... someone who knows the players well, is matey with them, has a laugh with them, goes easy on them, they won't have to bust a gut for him, etc etc.

Or does the REAL Ruben Selles have the balls & the management style to kick the overpaid fookers up the arse and get them doing what they're handsomely paid to do???

This is the problem. They may work really hard for their mate short term, but it rarely works long term. Was it OGS who took over at Man U temporarily and they were brilliant until the manager got the job full time. Stuart Grey did well temporarily then it all went wrong. Selles might be good until the end of the season, as the players play for their mate, trying to get him the job. But who knows, he might be useless, not a clue how it would work out with Selles.

It's a no from Marsch on 19:31 - Feb 15 with 3621 viewsHollywood56

Bring back Gordon Strachan, he won’t take any shit from the egotistical bunch.
It's a no from Marsch on 19:42 - Feb 15 with 3589 viewsmushinexile

I wish. He would make them work hard and play hard. Several wouldn't survive, of course but that would just be weeding out the weaklings. Most of all though they would win matches.
It's a no from Marsch on 20:33 - Feb 15 with 3450 viewsSteveMoron

Just get Gerrard in. He commands respect. He won't take nonsense. He'll have learnt a lot from his Villa experience.
It's a no from Marsch on 20:40 - Feb 15 with 3433 viewssaint22

It's a no from Marsch on 20:33 - Feb 15 by SteveMoron

Just get Gerrard in. He commands respect. He won't take nonsense. He'll have learnt a lot from his Villa experience.

I dont disagree with this
I saw Lampard was mentioned too? Well that is a no!
Maybe Selles is the right fit?
What mess though really
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024