Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things From The Manchester City Game 15:12 - Apr 11 with 1579 viewsSaintNick

1. The Premier League is finished unless we get rid of the Big 7 to a European Football league for good.

2. We were playing City with our best player Lavia being unable to get into a City second side last season let alone the first.

3, Why are there so many empty seats, the ground used to hold 32,000, these days even a sold out game struggles to top 31,500, it is not all season ticket holders not turning up.

4. I wanted Arsenal to win at Anfield, the premier league desperately needs someone other than City winning it.

5. I am a Bayern Munich supporter this week

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 15:36 - Apr 11 with 1543 viewsPaleRider

1. Agreed.

2. A player we are likely to lose to boot!

3. Because going is unenjoyable for many, many reasons.

4. Agreed - but just wait until next season!

5. The sad truth is that English teams are no longer English! I no longer care about the European competitions.

I think the game we all love is beyond repair hence point 3! Even look at the Wrexham "fairy tale" - WALOB!
5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 15:38 - Apr 11 with 1538 viewsIfonly

Teams that have taken points off City this year so far include Newcastle, Villa, Brentford, Everton, United, Spurs and Forest. It can be done.

The problem is not City. The problem is Saints. We are so sh*t that we didn't stand a chance. Don't blame City or the league for that.
5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 16:11 - Apr 11 with 1493 viewssaints__fan__73

How do you mean the PL is finished without a ESL Nick? As I Saints fan I would love the top 7 to leave but if it doesn't happen to say the PL is finished is ludicrous.

Viewing figures around the world are still rising which is all the PL cares about. This means that TV revenues will continue to be the huge amount they currently are.

In the past seasons we've had Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and Man City win the PL. Arsenal are close this season and the massively popular overseas Man Utd are improving so there is a large amount of competition for the title.

Yes a club like Saints will never win the PL but so what? Clubs like ours are happy just to be in the PL and take its money. Even if the number of fans of these clubs going to games decreases the PL won't care as none of the foreign viewers tune in to watch these clubs, it's all about the big boys.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 16:31 - Apr 11 with 1472 viewsPatfromPoole

3. Dare I mention Block 1 without being shot down in flames???

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 16:33 - Apr 11 with 1467 viewsBridders2

If the top 7 join a European Super League international punters won't be watching the PL when they would rather see Man U v Real Madrid, so big tv revenues will switch to the ESL. The PL would seem pedestrian and lose 70% of it's cash. We'd probably look like a slightly better Championship strapped for cash.
5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 17:01 - Apr 11 with 1416 viewscocklebreath

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 16:33 - Apr 11 by Bridders2

If the top 7 join a European Super League international punters won't be watching the PL when they would rather see Man U v Real Madrid, so big tv revenues will switch to the ESL. The PL would seem pedestrian and lose 70% of it's cash. We'd probably look like a slightly better Championship strapped for cash.

Sounds good to me, imagine watching Saints with no glory fans thinking they can take the p!sd

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 11:29 - Apr 12 with 1143 viewsManwithnoname

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 15:36 - Apr 11 by PaleRider

1. Agreed.

2. A player we are likely to lose to boot!

3. Because going is unenjoyable for many, many reasons.

4. Agreed - but just wait until next season!

5. The sad truth is that English teams are no longer English! I no longer care about the European competitions.

I think the game we all love is beyond repair hence point 3! Even look at the Wrexham "fairy tale" - WALOB!

1. Starting line does not include out and out Striker.
2. Out and out Striker sits on the bench.
3. Out and Out Strikers does not get used.
4. No bookings for saints players- question over commitment.
5. I think 1-4 sums it up!
5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 11:37 - Apr 12 with 1139 viewsdirk_doone

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 16:11 - Apr 11 by saints__fan__73

How do you mean the PL is finished without a ESL Nick? As I Saints fan I would love the top 7 to leave but if it doesn't happen to say the PL is finished is ludicrous.

Viewing figures around the world are still rising which is all the PL cares about. This means that TV revenues will continue to be the huge amount they currently are.

In the past seasons we've had Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and Man City win the PL. Arsenal are close this season and the massively popular overseas Man Utd are improving so there is a large amount of competition for the title.

Yes a club like Saints will never win the PL but so what? Clubs like ours are happy just to be in the PL and take its money. Even if the number of fans of these clubs going to games decreases the PL won't care as none of the foreign viewers tune in to watch these clubs, it's all about the big boys.

"In the past seasons we've had Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and Man City win the PL. Arsenal are close this season and the massively popular overseas Man Utd are improving so there is a large amount of competition for the title."

Yes, the Premier League is more competitive than most of the other top leagues in the world, which are usually dominated by just 2 or 3 clubs.

A lot of the current whingeing here is because we are bottom of it. Meanwhile, fans of clubs like Brighton and Brentford are loving it as, I recall, we did up to 2016.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 11:51]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 13:57 - Apr 12 with 1040 viewssaints__fan__73

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 11:37 - Apr 12 by dirk_doone

"In the past seasons we've had Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and Man City win the PL. Arsenal are close this season and the massively popular overseas Man Utd are improving so there is a large amount of competition for the title."

Yes, the Premier League is more competitive than most of the other top leagues in the world, which are usually dominated by just 2 or 3 clubs.

A lot of the current whingeing here is because we are bottom of it. Meanwhile, fans of clubs like Brighton and Brentford are loving it as, I recall, we did up to 2016.

You're correct to a certain extent but small budget clubs like Saints, Brighton and Brentford might do well for a season or two but it's unlikely to last.

And meanwhile clubs like Newcastle, never mind being taken over by billionaires, are being taken over by very rich countries to guarantee their long term success and make the number of seats available on the top table fewer and fewer.

I can't see us being anything more than the opponent the big clubs are playing on the weekly TV show The Premeer League which the Yanks love so much.

There's certainly an argument for competing in the Championship, a league more fitting for a club of our size and where we will have a realistic chance of finishing in the top 6.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 16:25 - Apr 12 with 978 viewsdwayne_dibley

How long before Yank TV money wants Football changed to soccer to stop confusing the Yank viewers?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 16:57 - Apr 12 with 936 viewskingslandstand1

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 16:25 - Apr 12 by dwayne_dibley

How long before Yank TV money wants Football changed to soccer to stop confusing the Yank viewers?

Call it Football and they'll think they're watching NFL to bring the viewing figures in and then they'll realise the ball may be on the ground some times and they may like it! What they will like is all of the time wasting and stoppages we have as they'll be used to the length of a game going on for about 2 hours or so!
5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 17:01 - Apr 12 with 934 views1ASIN12

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 11:37 - Apr 12 by dirk_doone

Have to agree again,

This season, even though we are shlt we have drawn with Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham and beaten the other big spenders Chlelsea twice.

The PL has been like this for years where the rich get richer and the rich win all cups and the league etc.

As you say ask a Fulham, Brentford, Brighton or Aston Villa fan if they are plssed off with the PL.

Its only a big issue this season to some of our fans as we are so fvcking shlt.
5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 17:19 - Apr 12 with 917 viewsSouthamptonfan

5 Things From The Manchester City Game on 17:01 - Apr 12 by 1ASIN12

Have to agree again,

This season, even though we are shlt we have drawn with Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham and beaten the other big spenders Chlelsea twice.

The PL has been like this for years where the rich get richer and the rich win all cups and the league etc.

As you say ask a Fulham, Brentford, Brighton or Aston Villa fan if they are plssed off with the PL.

Its only a big issue this season to some of our fans as we are so fvcking shlt.

What is the end result though? Brentford will lose Tony to one of the big clubs. Villa had Grealish but lost him to City. Watch Watkins go to Man U or similar club. Brighton lost Trossard and will lose a few more of their decent players. Yes, a few clubs are doing ok. But their teams will be taken apart from the top clubs (e.g Grealish, Trossard). They arn't exciting projects where they get better and better with loyal players staying the course. The top clubs will take their best players. These teams won't stay there. Huddersfield finished in the top half one of the seasons. It didn't last. We know who will make up the top 6 or 7 now. It won't change. Yes, any one of the teams in the PL can get the odd surprise result. But the league table looks the same every year (bar the odd exception for one season only).

And it's the rising cost of tickets that only the rich tourists can afford. £80 in one section of the ground for the Man City game!! Saints fans from Millbrook (and probably Saints fans from Beaulieu) can't afford that. So the tourists take their place. What is there to.like about that? It's getting worse. All the young of today want to support the top clubs, because so much fuss is made of them in the media (King Haaland, Ronaldo etc). I can't stand the PL. A bunch of overpaid, cheating, out of touch, selfish players who think they are God.

As I.mentioned in the other thread, I watched Eastleigh play the other day. No play acting, proper honest football, players chatting and mingling with the fans in the club bar after the game. It's so much better than the PL.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 17:32]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024