Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About Brighton 11:39 - May 22 with 1695 viewsSaintNick

1. Instead of going to Brighton pre and post match I went to Lewes, only 6 minutes in on the train and lots of pubs etc.

2.Brighton fans were a friendly not, even in the ground their was little of the usual arrogance you get from home fans and taunts, funnily enough there wasn't a baying mob next to us throwing missiles either

3. A lot of empty seats in the ground, the crowd was about their average attendance and about 250 below their highest, you could buy a ticket from the ticket office before the game, strange given this is their best ever season.

4. Brighton get it right given the transport issues, a lot of bars outside the ground and they open them afterwards, they make it more of a day out for their fans rather than just turn up watch and go.

5. It is still a god awful ground to get to whether by car or train

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About Brighton on 12:02 - May 22 with 1619 viewssaints__fan__73

+ they are a lot better run than we are?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

5 Things About Brighton on 12:09 - May 22 with 1608 viewsTripleNiemi

Didn’t go yesterday but have to admit, from the previous visits it is one of the finer away days. No rush to clear the ground as you can hang on, sup a couple more beers and wait for the crowds / trains to clear. Nice ground and generally been a sunny day when attending.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

5 Things About Brighton on 12:18 - May 22 with 1598 views1885_SFC

5 Things About Brighton on 12:09 - May 22 by TripleNiemi

Didn’t go yesterday but have to admit, from the previous visits it is one of the finer away days. No rush to clear the ground as you can hang on, sup a couple more beers and wait for the crowds / trains to clear. Nice ground and generally been a sunny day when attending.

And the fish n chips outside is always tasty - especially with a cold beer in the other hand.

Old School is Cool

5 Things About Brighton on 12:26 - May 22 with 1584 viewskingslandstand1

6. Don't think we'll be going there again for a few years, unless in a cup competition (and such a friendly lot as well!)

I did notice on the BBC forum that quite a few of them were saying they hope we get back up soon so no animosity (or apparent rivalry despite us being the same distance approx as Palace) from them, unlike BMuff
5 Things About Brighton on 12:42 - May 22 with 1567 views1teeminants

I got the 8.23 from Winchester to Clapham and was at Brighton at 10.40. ,i very quick and easy, no hassle and got a seat from both Winchester and Clapham no problem. There was only a handful of saints fans on the train from Winchester which was a pleasant surprise, quite a few at Clapham.

There was a bit of abuse and fisticuffs whilst both sets of fans were queuing next to each other whilst waiting to board for Falmer but it was handbags really and over quickly .

I also enjoyed having a beer with my son in the ground after the game and not having to rush back.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

5 Things About Brighton on 16:19 - May 22 with 1390 viewsBuggalugs

1. What's normally one of the best aways of the season turned out to be one of the most unenjoyable I can ever remember.

2. Our railways are a shambles.

3. Seeing grown men fawn over James Beattie in the concourse at half time was vomit inducing.

4. By far the highest concentration of helmets I've ever known following Saints at a game.

5. Thanks fvck this season's nearly over.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

5 Things About Brighton on 18:09 - May 22 with 1306 viewsTripleNiemi

5 Things About Brighton on 16:19 - May 22 by Buggalugs

1. What's normally one of the best aways of the season turned out to be one of the most unenjoyable I can ever remember.

3. Seeing grown men fawn over James Beattie in the concourse at half time was vomit inducing.

4. By far the highest concentration of helmets I've ever known following Saints at a game.

3 - did they have signs asking for his t shirt and 501’s ??

5 Things About Brighton on 19:59 - May 22 with 1189 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About Brighton on 16:19 - May 22 by Buggalugs

We may need a further relegation to League 1 to rid ourselves of a large number of these helmets, I fear.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

5 Things About Brighton on 20:29 - May 22 with 1151 viewsBuggalugs

5 Things About Brighton on 19:59 - May 22 by PatfromPoole

We may need a further relegation to League 1 to rid ourselves of a large number of these helmets, I fear.

I’m not so sure that’ll make a difference, I think they’re here to stay. It’s the new age yoof lot, 15-20 years old, clad in identikit CP or Stoney, just acting like complete bellends. The trains were full of them, the ground/concourse full of them and the the main drag outside Brighton station was full of them.

I’m all for the nippers having a laugh, but this lot are just loud, over the top, cretinous, unoriginal helmets, making complete and utter tits of themselves.

5 Things About Brighton on 20:46 - May 22 with 1128 viewsTripleNiemi

5 Things About Brighton on 20:29 - May 22 by Buggalugs

I’m not so sure that’ll make a difference, I think they’re here to stay. It’s the new age yoof lot, 15-20 years old, clad in identikit CP or Stoney, just acting like complete bellends. The trains were full of them, the ground/concourse full of them and the the main drag outside Brighton station was full of them.

I’m all for the nippers having a laugh, but this lot are just loud, over the top, cretinous, unoriginal helmets, making complete and utter tits of themselves.

Sir, what is ‘CP’ ?

5 Things About Brighton on 20:55 - May 22 with 1095 viewsBuggalugs

5 Things About Brighton on 20:46 - May 22 by TripleNiemi

Sir, what is ‘CP’ ?

Lol, get down with the kids. CP Company, clothing brand.

5 Things About Brighton on 21:15 - May 22 with 1072 viewssaintwizzler

5 Things About Brighton on 20:55 - May 22 by Buggalugs

Lol, get down with the kids. CP Company, clothing brand.

Me, PatFromPoole and SFC_Referee are gunna cook in 5 Rivers beer garden in our George from ASDA coats this Sunday.
God help any Bin Dippers who enter the establishment.
They’ll get opened up like a can of beans bae!

‘Follow, follow, follow!
We’re the third best team on the South Coast!’

‘With Tino in Chinos,
Back pass Ward Prowsey.
We’re the boys that are gunna carve you up!’

‘Pass, pass, pass
Pass the ball sideways.
Pass, pass, pass
Never fûcking shoot!’

WE NEVER GRIEVE, WE MARCH ON!
[Post edited 22 May 2023 21:18]

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

5 Things About Brighton on 21:31 - May 22 with 1043 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About Brighton on 21:15 - May 22 by saintwizzler

Me, PatFromPoole and SFC_Referee are gunna cook in 5 Rivers beer garden in our George from ASDA coats this Sunday.
God help any Bin Dippers who enter the establishment.
They’ll get opened up like a can of beans bae!

‘Follow, follow, follow!
We’re the third best team on the South Coast!’

‘With Tino in Chinos,
Back pass Ward Prowsey.
We’re the boys that are gunna carve you up!’

‘Pass, pass, pass
Pass the ball sideways.
Pass, pass, pass
Never fûcking shoot!’

WE NEVER GRIEVE, WE MARCH ON!
[Post edited 22 May 2023 21:18]

* TU from Sainsbury’s *

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024