Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benfica Game Live 13:13 - Jul 11 with 1666 viewsSaintNick

Its being shown via the official sire 3pm tomorrow

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Benfica Game Live on 14:57 - Jul 11 with 1585 viewssaints__fan__73

Horse drawn football, yes?

Or a live web cam of a load of donkeys?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Benfica Game Live on 15:54 - Jul 11 with 1526 viewsIfonly

A chance to watch a first half team and a second half team, neither of which will bear much similarity to the team that we end up with at the end of the transfer window. All in all, not very exciting but it might be interesting to see who looks like they fit in to the RM possession football plan and who doesn't.
Benfica Game Live on 16:47 - Jul 11 with 1489 viewsarfurdent

wonder if the server will crash under the load

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Benfica Game Live on 15:13 - Jul 12 with 1285 viewsHeisenberg

Lots of passing not going anywhere. 1 down.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Benfica Game Live on 15:19 - Jul 12 with 1279 viewsdirk_doone

Will we ever get rid of Alex f-----ng McCarthy??? It's like playing with a handicap as he's worth at least one goal to the opposition every time he plays.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 15:20]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Benfica Game Live on 15:23 - Jul 12 with 1247 viewsHeisenberg

Benfica Game Live on 15:19 - Jul 12 by dirk_doone

Will we ever get rid of Alex f-----ng McCarthy??? It's like playing with a handicap as he's worth at least one goal to the opposition every time he plays.

Especially when we try and play out from the back. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. Couple of youngsters doing ok though. Doyle and the left back look promising.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Benfica Game Live on 15:55 - Jul 12 with 1188 viewsSalisburySaint

Benfica Game Live on 15:19 - Jul 12 by dirk_doone

Cost us both goals in first half imo, one at near post as usual
Benfica Game Live on 15:55 - Jul 12 with 1187 viewsLondonSaint76

SAINTS 0 BENFICA 2 at HT
0-1 after10 mins, 0-2 after 44
100% Rustyball, even out of all defensive positions - those of a nervous disposition look away now.
Mix of youth & experience, no doubt all change for the second half

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Login to get fewer ads

Benfica Game Live on 16:01 - Jul 12 with 1163 viewsHeisenberg

Benfica Game Live on 15:55 - Jul 12 by LondonSaint76

SAINTS 0 BENFICA 2 at HT
0-1 after10 mins, 0-2 after 44
100% Rustyball, even out of all defensive positions - those of a nervous disposition look away now.
Mix of youth & experience, no doubt all change for the second half

McCarthy playing out from the back will end in tears. Expect a few disasters.

Benfica Game Live on 17:55 - Jul 12 with 1016 viewsLondonSaint76

Benfica Game Live on 16:01 - Jul 12 by Heisenberg

McCarthy playing out from the back will end in tears. Expect a few disasters.

Agreed re McCarthy
What I liked about this afternoon:
McCarthy subbed off at HT
Considering the standard of the oppo I thought Doyle, Dibling and in particular Amo-Ameyaw all gave good accounts of themselves especially A-A who was the only player from the 1st half to stay on the pitch for the start of the 2nd half. I know we only saw a cameo from him v Liverpool but I liked what aI saw then and did again today. I think he’s just got the same ‘something’ about him that Tino L has, albeit totally different players. Yes, I know, only the 1st PSF but he looked bright and got involved at every opportunity, more than comfortable playing at that level, not bad for a nipper aged 16 (17 next Wed).
Nice to see Smallbone back in a Saints shirt as well
Talking of shirts, that away kit doesn’t look that bad, not about to rush out and pay £60 for one but a 100% improvement on last season’s dishcloth.
Agreed Nick, fingers crossed the third shirt is the yellow flames design🔥
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 23:06]

Benfica Game Live on 18:16 - Jul 12 with 977 viewsIfonly

The main point from today: however much passing in dangerous areas you thought we'd be doing this season, we'll be doing more than you thought. Nearly gave away several goals from suicidal passing today. Great save from Bazunu at the end to keep one out. I'm still far from convinced we have the quality of players to do this. Maybe they will learn? Maybe doing it against Rotherham will be easier than against Benfica?
Benfica Game Live on 18:20 - Jul 12 with 973 viewsRon11

I couldn't believe McCarthy STILL being beaten at the the near post nd they're STILL causing massive problems for themselves with the slow, error stricken pass out from the back.
There has to be some big changes.
Benfica Game Live on 19:06 - Jul 12 with 919 viewssaint22

Benfica Game Live on 18:20 - Jul 12 by Ron11

I couldn't believe McCarthy STILL being beaten at the the near post nd they're STILL causing massive problems for themselves with the slow, error stricken pass out from the back.

How on EARTH is he still getting games
How many managers have picked him?
Ralph eventually saw the light but he has managed to get game time again
its mental
When we wil learn that until you keep clean sheets you dont win games and with him there, a goal game is guaranteed
Benfica Game Live on 20:14 - Jul 12 with 831 viewsBLEEDRED

1stHalf Team - Starting XI For start of season
2ndHalf Team- For sale XI
Those players's nowhere to be seen already fixed up !!!!
Benfica Game Live on 20:37 - Jul 12 with 810 viewsLondonSaint76

Benfica Game Live on 18:20 - Jul 12 by Ron11

Agree 100% Ron, as this was the first PSF I tried to go with the positives in my earlier post and to be honest I did gloss over the negatives. McCarthy was one of the biggest negatives this afternoon, hopefully RM will see enough of McCarthy in PS to see just how much of a liability he will be - or is McC going to become the new Moi E, no matter how many managers come and go he still gets played… I see Asmir Begović Is training with Wimbledon - he’d be better in goal than McCarthy, and that’s saying something!
Share the concerns regarding passing out from the back come what may, it will cause totally avoidable and unnecessary problems every game. It is all very well RM saying the players and us supporters all have to be brave but there are limits and whilst Benfica cut us some slack today the Rotherham’s, Millwall’s and Ipswich’s of The Championship certainly won’t!
I’ll say this for them though, to a man, they all seem to be buying in to the new regime without fail, that said, I am worried as we have the added bonus of being a prize scalp this season along with Leicester City. So, if we make a suicidal pass naffing around in our own box and go behind is there a Plan B?? I reckon there needs to be because I think Rustyball at all costs could be a mistake.
Still, early days yet, let’s see how things progress over the next few weeks…
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 20:41]

Benfica Game Live on 20:49 - Jul 12 with 787 viewsLondonSaint76

Benfica Game Live on 20:14 - Jul 12 by BLEEDRED

1stHalf Team - Starting XI For start of season
2ndHalf Team- For sale XI
Those players's nowhere to be seen already fixed up !!!!

Interesting theory - JWP in the 1st half XI, get in!
Hope Tino got played in the wrong half though….

Benfica Game Live on 21:16 - Jul 12 with 752 viewsSaintNick

Benfica Game Live on 20:49 - Jul 12 by LondonSaint76

Interesting theory - JWP in the 1st half XI, get in!
Hope Tino got played in the wrong half though….

Another interesting theory.

1 Of the 21 who played 8 of the 19 outfield players are not likely to be here by September.

2. There were 9 squad members from last season plus the two new signings missing

3. There is little that can be taken from this game because of the above

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Benfica Game Live on 21:56 - Jul 12 with 708 viewssaint22

Benfica Game Live on 21:16 - Jul 12 by SaintNick

1 Of the 21 who played 8 of the 19 outfield players are not likely to be here by September.

2. There were 9 squad members from last season plus the two new signings missing

Unfortunately one fact you omitted is the fact that McCarthy will still be here and if he is anywhere near the first team then it’s gonna be a long long season
Benfica Game Live on 00:47 - Jul 13 with 673 viewsLondonSaint76

Benfica Game Live on 21:16 - Jul 12 by SaintNick

Agreed - just wishful thinking on my part regarding JWP & Tino

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024