Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window 12:44 - Aug 7 with 1876 viewsSaintNick

So far once the Livramento deal goes through we will have got about £65-70 million in so far in transfer fees.

Still at risk of leaving I would say.

Lavia - Nailed on £40-50 million

Ward Prowse - £30-40 million

Bella Kotchap - £20 million

Walker Peters -£20 million

These 4 would at a conservative estimate add £110 million to the pot

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 12:59 - Aug 7 with 1849 viewssaint901

Saints will get precisely NO MONEY.

It will all go to the bankers and owners.
How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 13:44 - Aug 7 with 1785 viewsButty101

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 12:59 - Aug 7 by saint901

Saints will get precisely NO MONEY.

It will all go to the bankers and owners.

KWP is in his last year, I reckon more around the 10mill mark. Last season damaged his reputation a bit.
I’m surprised Kotcha hasn’t been snapped up, maybe his injury record is the reason.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 13:53 - Aug 7 with 1773 viewssaints__fan__73

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 13:44 - Aug 7 by Butty101

KWP is in his last year, I reckon more around the 10mill mark. Last season damaged his reputation a bit.
I’m surprised Kotcha hasn’t been snapped up, maybe his injury record is the reason.

KWP's contract isn't up until 2025 but I still think £20m is a bit optimistic.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 14:56 - Aug 7 with 1701 viewskingolaf

We won’t be getting all the money from the Tino and Lavia transfers.
How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 14:59 - Aug 7 with 1699 viewsPatfromPoole

I was hoping there would be a few million to come in for Lyanco, but that ship may sadly have sailed.

Others who might go out on loan perhaps:-

Tall Paul
Sulemana (I have seen word of a £4m loan fee from Everton)
Djenepo
Aribo
Larios
Mara (🙏)

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:01 - Aug 7 with 1694 viewsPatfromPoole

That might get you towards your £200 million target, Nick 😉

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:20 - Aug 7 with 1665 viewsSaintNick

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:01 - Aug 7 by PatfromPoole

That might get you towards your £200 million target, Nick 😉

If those 4 go then it will be up and around £180 million, then we would just need a few of the following

Lyanco £5 million

Perraud £10 million

Sullemana - £20 million

Jan Bednarek £10 million

Aribo £5 million

Che Adams £10 million

Then we would be well over the £200 million mark

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:23 - Aug 7 with 1661 viewssaints__fan__73

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:20 - Aug 7 by SaintNick

If those 4 go then it will be up and around £180 million, then we would just need a few of the following

Lyanco £5 million

Perraud £10 million

Sullemana - £20 million

Jan Bednarek £10 million

Aribo £5 million

Che Adams £10 million

Why on earth would we sell Bednarek? He's obviously one of RM's first choice CBs.

Login to get fewer ads

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:23 - Aug 7 with 1661 viewsSonicBoom

What's annoying is that the club's immediate reaction was to make a lot of people redundant.
I can't understand it. We could be up again in 9 months time.
We've made a huge profit on Lavia and Livramento (less the sell on clauses) which is more than enough to cover the cost of those peoples jobs.
How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:27 - Aug 7 with 1646 viewsSaintNick

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:23 - Aug 7 by SonicBoom

What's annoying is that the club's immediate reaction was to make a lot of people redundant.
We've made a huge profit on Lavia and Livramento (less the sell on clauses) which is more than enough to cover the cost of those peoples jobs.

On the face of it you would appear to be right, but as a club we seemed to be top heavy with non playing staff.

Most of the redundancies were in part time positions, mainly matchday at the stadium

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:32 - Aug 7 with 1637 views1teeminants

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:20 - Aug 7 by SaintNick

Lyanco £5 million

Perraud £10 million

Sullemana - £20 million

Jan Bednarek £10 million

Aribo £5 million

Che Adams £10 million

Che Adams noo we need him !!! . He will score loads in this league. Aribo and Bednarek need to stay too they will do well in the championship, why the urge to sell everything ?. I don’t see Leicester and Leeds trying to sell 10/15 players. It’s ingrained in our mentality down here that’s the problem . Obviously sell Lavia and Ward prowse possibly KWP because they’re too good for this league but the others aren’t and we need them if we want to progress.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:36 - Aug 7 with 1630 viewsButty101

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:27 - Aug 7 by SaintNick

On the face of it you would appear to be right, but as a club we seemed to be top heavy with non playing staff.

Most of the redundancies were in part time positions, mainly matchday at the stadium

Nick your fag pack maths is way out. Saints have been widely reported as getting 24mill for tino once chelsea get their cut.

Ćaleta-Car is as you say a loan and the money comes next year.

50mill tops so far

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:41 - Aug 7 with 1623 viewssaints__fan__73

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:23 - Aug 7 by SonicBoom

I think a lot of fans are unable, or unwilling, to comprehend just how bad our financial state is.

We were running at a multi-million pound loss under Gao when net transfer spend was very small

We spent in excess of £160m on transfer fees alone last season to get relegated

We are now in a league where revenue is massively less than the PL

All the above are unarguable.

Our accounts which cover last season will have to show losses of over £100m - there is no way they cannot and it's absurd to think our owner can stump up this sort of cash.

So the player sales we are conducting are vital to ensure that we do not go into admin again. And yes, the back office staff wages may pale into insignificance when compared to the money wasted on Tall Paul, et al but I would imagine costs are having to be cut in every possible area.

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 16:01 - Aug 7 with 1591 viewsPatfromPoole

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:32 - Aug 7 by 1teeminants

Che Adams noo we need him !!! . He will score loads in this league. Aribo and Bednarek need to stay too they will do well in the championship, why the urge to sell everything ?. I don’t see Leicester and Leeds trying to sell 10/15 players. It’s ingrained in our mentality down here that’s the problem . Obviously sell Lavia and Ward prowse possibly KWP because they’re too good for this league but the others aren’t and we need them if we want to progress.

+100.

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 16:56 - Aug 7 with 1528 views1teeminants

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 16:01 - Aug 7 by PatfromPoole

+100.

It wasn’t t that long ago Adams was scoring for fun in the championship for Birmingham and Aribo scored in a European final for Rangers. Some of these players may want to stay anyway you don’t know what sort of discussions there have been. Some people think Sulemana and Kotchap are desperate to leave. They might be but they haven’t played because they’re both injured. Kotchap has just returned to training apparently.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 17:31 - Aug 7 with 1498 viewsUTS1885

We cant afford to let all those pl;ayers go, im hoping Lavia wil be the last.

We need to get rid of Lyanco, Onauchu, maybe Mara and Bednarek.

Incoming a quality CB and leader and a bang on goalscorer.
How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 17:58 - Aug 7 with 1473 viewssaint22

I am FAR more interested in who we are signing and in particular what quality keeper and striker we have lined up ASAP
How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 12:20 - Aug 8 with 1331 viewsdirk_doone

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:41 - Aug 7 by saints__fan__73

I think a lot of fans are unable, or unwilling, to comprehend just how bad our financial state is.

We were running at a multi-million pound loss under Gao when net transfer spend was very small

Our accounts which cover last season will have to show losses of over £100m - there is no way they cannot and it's absurd to think our owner can stump up this sort of cash.

So the player sales we are conducting are vital to ensure that we do not go into admin again. And yes, the back office staff wages may pale into insignificance when compared to the money wasted on Tall Paul, et al but I would imagine costs are having to be cut in every possible area.

Hopefully, these incoming transfer fees wil reduce the club's debt, rumoured to be around £200 mill, to a more manageable level.

When are the club's next annual accounts due to be published?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 12:23]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 12:48 - Aug 8 with 1290 viewsSaintNick

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 12:20 - Aug 8 by dirk_doone

Hopefully, these incoming transfer fees wil reduce the club's debt, rumoured to be around £200 mill, to a more manageable level.

When are the club's next annual accounts due to be published?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 12:23]

The last accounts were to June 2022 and were filed in February of this year.

Back then the amount owing was £138 million due within 1 year and £30 million due with longer than a year left.

The amounts owing to us was £26 million under a year and £27 million with over a year.

So the net debt was around £110 million

Given the reductions in income due to covid etc this is not surprising and most football clubs find themselves in the same position, debt is fine as long as it is manageable and that would seem to be the case given the transfer fees we are receiving in , although these wont show up in the June 2023 accounts

The interest on the debts seemed to be about £3.3 million , although most was on transfer payments, so to pounter balance we received £1.6 million in interest received.

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 13:29 - Aug 8 with 1262 viewsDorsetIan

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 17:58 - Aug 7 by saint22

I am FAR more interested in who we are signing and in particular what quality keeper and striker we have lined up ASAP

Me too. Some decent signings could make a big difference. Harry Winks was excellent for Leicester at the weekend.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 14:26 - Aug 8 with 1231 viewssaints__fan__73

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 12:48 - Aug 8 by SaintNick

The last accounts were to June 2022 and were filed in February of this year.

Back then the amount owing was £138 million due within 1 year and £30 million due with longer than a year left.

The amounts owing to us was £26 million under a year and £27 million with over a year.

So the net debt was around £110 million

Given the reductions in income due to covid etc this is not surprising and most football clubs find themselves in the same position, debt is fine as long as it is manageable and that would seem to be the case given the transfer fees we are receiving in , although these wont show up in the June 2023 accounts

The interest on the debts seemed to be about £3.3 million , although most was on transfer payments, so to pounter balance we received £1.6 million in interest received.

So all that BEFORE last seasons madness of net spend of £160m to be relegated, yes?

So Dirk is correct, our debt will be approaching a quarter of a billion.

And to think of how het up you got when the training ground revamp went £6m over budget!

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 16:24 - Aug 8 with 1141 viewsButty101

How Much More Money Will Saints Get In Transfer Window on 15:41 - Aug 7 by saints__fan__73

The won’t be paying the 160mill in year one , more likely about 40mill. So although that debt is hanging over the club it’s serviceable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024