Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict 10:10 - Sep 4 with 1686 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60810/southampton-at-sun

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 10:26 - Sep 4 with 1646 viewsButty101

Don’t forget we just got stuffed by a team with no forwards and struggled to score! How can it not be drilled in to the team to keep your fullbacks on the halfway line when we have a corner.
RM also complained the team stopped running which is unforgivable.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 10:29 - Sep 4 with 1643 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 10:26 - Sep 4 by Butty101

Don’t forget we just got stuffed by a team with no forwards and struggled to score! How can it not be drilled in to the team to keep your fullbacks on the halfway line when we have a corner.
RM also complained the team stopped running which is unforgivable.

Do you think that Russell Martin told his defenders to all charge forward and leave no one on the half way line ?

I don't think even his biggest critic will claim that, you have to blame those on the pitch for that

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 10:38 - Sep 4 with 1620 viewsButty101

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 10:29 - Sep 4 by SaintNick

Do you think that Russell Martin told his defenders to all charge forward and leave no one on the half way line ?

I don't think even his biggest critic will claim that, you have to blame those on the pitch for that

It didn’t just happen once though from our corners. Why isn’t he stopping everyone charging forward. These are professionals and several internationals ffs. You wouldn’t expect an under11 team to defend like that

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 10:53 - Sep 4 with 1590 viewsPatfromPoole

I don’t know why they bothered charging forward.

Sunderland were a taller side than us and won pretty much every header in the penalty area.

Very solid side, Sunderland; keep playing like that and they won’t be missing Ross Stewart.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 10:54 - Sep 4 with 1585 viewssaintwizzler

Let’s face it we’ve read what the Swansea fans told us about his style of play.
It’s gung ho.
He’s not going to change.
We will have to put up with conceding a lot of goals and hoping we can score more.

What we witnessed last Saturday was unbelievable.
Like a load of school kids running about.
I hate to say it, as I really want him to succeed, but Bazunu needs replacing with Lumley.
His errors are too much to warrant a start anymore.
Yes he makes some excellent saves, but the errors cost us goals.
No way should Hologram replace Bazunu, that’s why I said Lumley.

Time and time again we get caught out with the full backs up the pitch, take their first goal.
The opposition know this is what we do.
Look at the space their wingers had on Saturday!!

Sunderland played a 4-2-3-1 v our 4-3-3.
The midfield was overrun as Edozie and Mara seem reluctant to chase back.

If we play with attacking fullbacks which we do the there needs more bodies in midfield screening the CBs.

4-2-3-1

Lumley
KWP, Bednarek, TBH, Manning/Larios
Smallbone & Charles
Edozie, Flynn, A. Armo/Fraser
Adams

TBH as captain. Experienced in this league. Cup winning captain with England u21’s.

We have the tools to do something in this league, we know need the game plan.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 11:15 - Sep 4 with 1532 viewssaint22

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 10:54 - Sep 4 by saintwizzler

Let’s face it we’ve read what the Swansea fans told us about his style of play.
It’s gung ho.
He’s not going to change.
We will have to put up with conceding a lot of goals and hoping we can score more.

What we witnessed last Saturday was unbelievable.
Like a load of school kids running about.
I hate to say it, as I really want him to succeed, but Bazunu needs replacing with Lumley.
His errors are too much to warrant a start anymore.
Yes he makes some excellent saves, but the errors cost us goals.
No way should Hologram replace Bazunu, that’s why I said Lumley.

Time and time again we get caught out with the full backs up the pitch, take their first goal.
The opposition know this is what we do.
Look at the space their wingers had on Saturday!!

Sunderland played a 4-2-3-1 v our 4-3-3.
The midfield was overrun as Edozie and Mara seem reluctant to chase back.

If we play with attacking fullbacks which we do the there needs more bodies in midfield screening the CBs.

4-2-3-1

Lumley
KWP, Bednarek, TBH, Manning/Larios
Smallbone & Charles
Edozie, Flynn, A. Armo/Fraser
Adams

TBH as captain. Experienced in this league. Cup winning captain with England u21’s.

We have the tools to do something in this league, we know need the game plan.

Be careful
I hear Lumley is gash
We need Schmeicel in
Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 11:41 - Sep 4 with 1484 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 11:15 - Sep 4 by saint22

Be careful
I hear Lumley is gash
We need Schmeicel in

If Lumley is ‘gash’ then why the flying fûck was he signed?

We have 3 keepers already.
There’s no way Schmeichel is coming in especially on the money he’d want.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 11:48 - Sep 4 with 1472 viewssaint22

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 11:41 - Sep 4 by saintwizzler

If Lumley is ‘gash’ then why the flying fûck was he signed?

We have 3 keepers already.
There’s no way Schmeichel is coming in especially on the money he’d want.

That’s a good question
But I have it from my Boro supporting friend he is awful hence they loaned him out to two clubs
And if he is any cop why did we only give him a year??
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 11:55 - Sep 4 with 1464 viewsHeisenberg

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 11:15 - Sep 4 by saint22

Be careful
I hear Lumley is gash
We need Schmeicel in

There must be other keepers we could get in on loan. Schiemkel is nearly 37 and you would have to question why no other clubs have come in for him. Poor as Bazunu is, and he does need a break, but if RM can’t organise a team that can defend then we could have a world class keeper and still struggle. 12 goals in 5 games equaled by Doncaster who are bottom of league 2 can’t all be down to Bazunu. RM needs to set up a team that can defend.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 12:01 - Sep 4 with 1451 viewsmushinexile

Agreed, but it starts from the back. An ablekeeper is the minimum requirement for this style of football.
Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 12:06 - Sep 4 with 1443 viewssaints__fan__73

I love your consistent, it's always the players on the pitch to blame. Never the club that signs them or the manager who sets the team up to play in a certain way...

Of course the goals are Martins fault. The same thing happened at MK Dons and Swansea.

Playing the way he demands, Championship level players are not up to it. In a 90 min match they will always make 3 or 4 errors which the opposition will be very likely to score from.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 14:15 - Sep 4 with 1237 viewsericofarabia

Ha ha .....apt title.I asked my NUFc STH for any tips for decent pubs in Mackemland .....he basically said he would never ever go drinking in the Village of The Damned 😂
As it was I found a very decent boozer outside The Coach Station, called Chaplins. Keystone Cops would have been more apt 🙄
Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 15:06 - Sep 4 with 1168 viewsmushinexile

Duplicate post .
[Post edited 4 Sep 2023 15:08]
Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 18:32 - Sep 4 with 1042 viewsgrumpy

Whats Martin doing on the sideline when he sees his defenders to all charge forward and leave no one on the half way line ?
Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 18:42 - Sep 4 with 1028 viewsButty101

Southampton At Sunderland The (Damning) Verdict on 18:32 - Sep 4 by grumpy

Whats Martin doing on the sideline when he sees his defenders to all charge forward and leave no one on the half way line ?

Exactly that’s what I replied to young Nick with. He is basically saying the players are not following the managers orders. Which is even more worrying being that we are only 5 games in

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024