Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 2 09:13 - Oct 8 with 1934 viewsPatfromPoole

Big gap now.

I don’t see Leicester bottling it.

Not sure about Ipswich; they have a really excellent manager. They may just last the course.

Don’t book any holiday for the end of May, peeps…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Top 2 on 09:41 - Oct 8 with 1890 views1ASIN12

Leicester and Ipswich were my favourites for the top 2 before the season started.

Leicester are a bigish club and have history of winning things.

Ipswich had a storming end to last season and I thought they would carry that on .

As for us I thought top 10 maybe top 8 and still think that’s where we will finish.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 10:21]
Top 2 on 10:03 - Oct 8 with 1833 viewskingslandstand1

Put it this way, we won't be there with this numpty in place unless he changes his ways after yesterday's debacle
Top 2 on 11:00 - Oct 8 with 1782 viewsRon11

Top 2 on 10:03 - Oct 8 by kingslandstand1

Put it this way, we won't be there with this numpty in place unless he changes his ways after yesterday's debacle

Any manager who decides to go out and try to defend a 1-0 lead just after half time with a return to sideways back (unlike the first half) and then inevitably concedes a goal deserves the abuse-and yet he arrogantly decides to stop and argue.
As Adam Clarke rightly commented, he won't be here by the end of the season.
Top 2 on 11:18 - Oct 8 with 1767 viewsgrumpy

3 points was a must yesterday, Rotherham were there for the taking.
Teams work us out too easily and if Rotherham can the future is bleak.
Pompey look like being in this division next season,I hope Martin isn't.
We're too soft.
Top 2 on 11:55 - Oct 8 with 1722 viewssaint22

Top 2 on 11:00 - Oct 8 by Ron11

Any manager who decides to go out and try to defend a 1-0 lead just after half time with a return to sideways back (unlike the first half) and then inevitably concedes a goal deserves the abuse-and yet he arrogantly decides to stop and argue.
As Adam Clarke rightly commented, he won't be here by the end of the season.

That second half showing was fkn abysmal

we should have buried them within 30 minutes - was AA actually off I couldn't see from behind the goal?
Lets hope this Stewart chap can score regularly as we are desperate for that, Che can leave January happily

RM got it all wrong again, one step fwd, two steps back

If only we have got that Man City chap who chose Leicester over us
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 11:56]
Top 2 on 12:08 - Oct 8 with 1678 viewskingslandstand1

Top 2 on 11:55 - Oct 8 by saint22

we should have buried them within 30 minutes - was AA actually off I couldn't see from behind the goal?
Lets hope this Stewart chap can score regularly as we are desperate for that, Che can leave January happily

Che went downhill yesterday and looked thoroughly pi55ed off and his attitude seemed to be elsewhere, but in his defence that was probably cos he didn't get any service and with the way we played 2nd half there was no way the ball would get up to him anyway!

He'll go in January if anyone would want him. Shame, he'll do well in the Championship!!
Top 2 on 12:31 - Oct 8 with 1642 viewscocklebreath

Looks like your top tip boro are on the charge

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Top 2 on 12:35 - Oct 8 with 1630 viewsIfonly

Top 2 on 11:55 - Oct 8 by saint22

Even if Rod Stewart doesn't score many himself, if he is strong in the air then we will create more real chances. At the moment, we build up too slowly a lot of the time and that leaves with only one option - to throw a hopeful cross into a packed penalty box. Our midgets wont win many of those balls. If there is someone who can get on the end of a cross, if they knock it down or even if they just get in the way of the defence, then that will result in more good chances.

Of course if we moved the ball upfield quickly we wouldn't need to do that, but I suspect under RM we will always be reverting to type.

As for the AA "goal", it looked offside to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Top 2 on 14:55 - Oct 8 with 1527 viewsMattFinish

This game wasn’t just a game we had to win. This was a game we had to win big. We should have been smashing a team like Rotherham 5-0 or 6-0 to make a statement and redress our 💩 GD
At 1-0 after two minutes to not score again with 79% possession is pathetic
Top 2 on 17:25 - Oct 8 with 1401 views1885_SFC

Top 2 on 14:55 - Oct 8 by MattFinish

This game wasn’t just a game we had to win. This was a game we had to win big. We should have been smashing a team like Rotherham 5-0 or 6-0 to make a statement and redress our 💩 GD
At 1-0 after two minutes to not score again with 79% possession is pathetic

Yes, but it's the possession that counts - not the goals or points. Russell Martin will be thrilled to bits that we had 79% possession. Getting 3 points is just a distraction.

Old School is Cool

Top 2 on 17:43 - Oct 8 with 1383 viewsCenturion

Assuming it will take time for RM and the squad to be ready for promotion next season if not this.
I would say a play off place this year would be an achievement. If we do reach the play offs not sure we are strong enough to go up this year.
I expect SR to be patient and also the fans.
Top 2 on 18:03 - Oct 8 with 1369 viewsMattFinish

Top 2 on 17:43 - Oct 8 by Centurion

Assuming it will take time for RM and the squad to be ready for promotion next season if not this.
I would say a play off place this year would be an achievement. If we do reach the play offs not sure we are strong enough to go up this year.
I expect SR to be patient and also the fans.

Is that you Russell? 😉
Top 2 on 18:06 - Oct 8 with 1368 viewssaintmark1976

Pat, if you honestly think that after yesterday’s debacle we have any chance of promotion under the guidance of Russell Martin then get down to your local bookie. Our odds have increased from 9/2 before a ball was kicked to 25/1 today and it’s still only the first week of October.

Alternatively, keep hold of your money and put it toward next season’s ticket in the Championship because that’s where we will be playing.
Top 2 on 18:10 - Oct 8 with 1366 viewsMattFinish

I bet Russell’s watching this afternoons match with a box of tissues
Top 2 on 18:40 - Oct 8 with 1347 viewsgrumpy

Top 2 on 18:03 - Oct 8 by MattFinish

Is that you Russell? 😉

Top 2 on 21:34 - Oct 8 with 1237 viewsMattFinish

Let’s face facts we’re quarter of the way through the season and we’re 11 points out of the automatic promotion positions. I can’t see us getting either of those spots and if we carry on dropping points like we are we aren’t going to win the playoffs. Don’t forget we’re likely to lose KWP, Sulemana and Che at Christmas and there’s no guarantee Stewart will deliver.
Top 2 on 10:26 - Oct 9 with 1041 viewssaints__fan__73

Why are Leicester so much better run than us?

They are a similar sized club with a pretty much identical stadium and yet they have won a PL title and an FA Cup in the last decade while we have won less games of football than any other league team.

Even when we are both relegated they still end up being infinitely better at getting promoted than us.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Top 2 on 11:11 - Oct 9 with 1002 viewsfelly1

Top 2 on 10:26 - Oct 9 by saints__fan__73

They are a similar sized club with a pretty much identical stadium and yet they have won a PL title and an FA Cup in the last decade while we have won less games of football than any other league team.

Even when we are both relegated they still end up being infinitely better at getting promoted than us.

1. Better owners.
2. Better recruitment of players
3. Better choices in managers
Top 2 on 11:12 - Oct 9 with 1002 viewsgrumpy

Top 2 on 10:26 - Oct 9 by saints__fan__73

The potential of Saints is enormous, but what have we done with all those years in the Premiership? How many years have we been the biggest club on the South Coast? Saints fans are as passionate as any other and always attend games home and away in good numbers,we deserve more than what is being served up again and again. But be warned I sense the patience is wearing very thin, that will be reflected in falling gates if the club don’t move to change results.
Top 2 on 11:27 - Oct 9 with 989 viewsPatfromPoole

Top 2 on 11:11 - Oct 9 by felly1

1. Better owners.
2. Better recruitment of players
3. Better choices in managers

Alas, it is this simple.

Although 2 and 3 are inextricably linked to 1.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024