Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back 10:50 - Oct 10 with 1242 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61054/manning-v-perraud-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 11:28 - Oct 10 with 1201 viewsChesham_Saint

Perraud is. By a country fvcking mile.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 12:08 - Oct 10 with 1185 viewsSaintNick

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 11:28 - Oct 10 by Chesham_Saint

Perraud is. By a country fvcking mile.

And what do you base that on, the fact that last seasonhe was the worst player in the worst back four in the Premier League perhaps and that qualifies him to be brilliant in the Championship or is it just that he isn't Ryan Manning

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 12:17 - Oct 10 with 1163 viewsChesham_Saint

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 12:08 - Oct 10 by SaintNick

And what do you base that on, the fact that last seasonhe was the worst player in the worst back four in the Premier League perhaps and that qualifies him to be brilliant in the Championship or is it just that he isn't Ryan Manning

Neither - Just from what I’ve seen at the matches I’ve been too. Frankly, I didn’t even know who Ryan Manning is/was - he just looked a weak player; whereas my recollection of Perruad is that, whilst not a world beater, he was solid and effective. You obviously feel differently perhaps because you are able to get to more games than me?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 12:57 - Oct 10 with 1137 viewsSaintNick

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 12:17 - Oct 10 by Chesham_Saint

Neither - Just from what I’ve seen at the matches I’ve been too. Frankly, I didn’t even know who Ryan Manning is/was - he just looked a weak player; whereas my recollection of Perruad is that, whilst not a world beater, he was solid and effective. You obviously feel differently perhaps because you are able to get to more games than me?

Im not actually defending Manning too much in this article, just pointing out that Perraud is in the past yet some still hark on about him, he wasn't the best left back I have ever seen

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 13:00 - Oct 10 with 1125 viewsIanSouthstander

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 12:08 - Oct 10 by SaintNick

Er excuse me. It is only your opinion , not fact, that he was the worst defender in the team. And if want a fact. Leeds had the worst defence in the premier league last season , not us. they conceded 78 goals to our miserly 73.
Just saying.
Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 13:19 - Oct 10 with 1104 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, I went to the 3-3 at the Emirates last season, and Perraud hardly gave Saka a kick all night.

The chances of slow as treacle Manning being able to do likewise are nil.

Case closed, judge.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 13:29 - Oct 10 with 1096 viewsPatfromPoole

Manning is by a distance the real weak link in our team.

Our CB’s frequently have to bail him out, as defensively he is all over the shop.

He is an adequate passer of the ball, but his corners are poor, at least 3 in 4 seem to go straight to the keeper.

Where is Larios? Is he still alive?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 13:36 - Oct 10 with 1084 viewsButty101

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 13:29 - Oct 10 by PatfromPoole

Manning is by a distance the real weak link in our team.

Our CB’s frequently have to bail him out, as defensively he is all over the shop.

He is an adequate passer of the ball, but his corners are poor, at least 3 in 4 seem to go straight to the keeper.

Where is Larios? Is he still alive?

This is classic Nick bait!

Manning is a lower league trundler! No comparison between the two.

Ps what statistics are you using to say perraud was the weakest part of our defence. I would of guessed that Baz

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 13:46 - Oct 10 with 1060 viewsMattFinish

How can you compare Manning playing at this level with Perraud playing at PL or L1 level

Perraud has come into the OGC Nice team as back up to Melvin Bard. Nice are 2nd in the table ahead of PSG and Perraud has been used as a sub so far but has done okay

Didn't remember Nice rushing in with a bid to sign Manning. In fact as a free agaent I didn't see a massive queue of clubs. In my opinion Manning is a very average left back for the Championship. He's made a few costly or potentially costly mistakes and has no pace
Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 13:47 - Oct 10 with 1058 viewsTimSaint

The better player is the one who has a song !!

Perraud was actually very good for us. Even comparing him in the Prem last season to Manning in the Champ this season, Perraud defended better, offered more as an attacking threat and even notched a couple of times.

Manning on the other hand was supposed to be a proven Champ player and even made it to the team of the season in 22-23. What we have seen is someone who is not comfortable on the ball, does not defend well, does not track back, 2 assists aside - offers less going forward and his game is littered with bad passes, frequently getting caught in possession and often very costly mistakes / decision making.

Yes, where is Larios ? Probably still on the recovery bed - I was expecting him to get game time this season.

TimSaint

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 15:13 - Oct 10 with 986 viewssaint901

If we accept that a full back's role is to defend, then Manning may be a little better.

If we want a full back to charge up and down the wing, Perraud was better than anything I've seen from Manning this season.

If we want to measure by distribution - Perraud.

If we want to measure by denying the opposition player the ball or taking it off them - about equal.

If we're looking at the character and personality they bring to a game - about equal.

Would Perraud fit RM's "way of playing"? No. Does Manning? No - he can't pass the ball.

On balance and on present form vs Perraud last season, I'd go for Perraud.
Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 16:07 - Oct 10 with 960 viewscocklebreath

I assumed wrongly that because Manning had been with Russell at Swansea he’d be great at passing, he’s not he’s terrible and is always out of position, Perraud always looked knackered but he’s a better player no doubt about it

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 16:23 - Oct 10 with 956 viewssaints__fan__73

There were far worse players in our team last year than Perraud.

The previous season he was very decent indeed and scored a couple of great goals.

I can't see Manning ever reaching the level of being a regular PL player so that tells you who is the better player.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 17:53 - Oct 10 with 911 viewsBerber

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 12:57 - Oct 10 by SaintNick

Im not actually defending Manning too much in this article, just pointing out that Perraud is in the past yet some still hark on about him, he wasn't the best left back I have ever seen

Nobody has claimed he is the best left back we have had. You are switching from asking opinions on who is the better, Manning or Perraud. The first person to answer for Perraud gets jumped on. I agree that Perraud is a better left back. He carried a greater threat going forward,and was no worse than KWP in getting back, and in the games where Djennepo was on the LW, he did a great deal of both offensive as well as defensive work. Manning is defending against a scraggly bunch of league one and championship forwards. He has little excuse for being caught out so often given our pedestrian pace moving forward and the quality of the opposition.
Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 18:20 - Oct 10 with 886 viewsGRIM

Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 17:53 - Oct 10 by Berber

Nobody has claimed he is the best left back we have had. You are switching from asking opinions on who is the better, Manning or Perraud. The first person to answer for Perraud gets jumped on. I agree that Perraud is a better left back. He carried a greater threat going forward,and was no worse than KWP in getting back, and in the games where Djennepo was on the LW, he did a great deal of both offensive as well as defensive work. Manning is defending against a scraggly bunch of league one and championship forwards. He has little excuse for being caught out so often given our pedestrian pace moving forward and the quality of the opposition.

We only got Manning because he was free, he cost us nothing.
Being free why weren't lots of clubs chasing him, it's because he is very average.
I agree with a previous post that Perraud definitely was not our worst defender last season, I actually think that Perraud was better defensively than KWP.
Plus Perraud always gave his all for the side, he had the passion that some of our others have lacked.
I'd have him back tomorrow given the chance.
Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 20:59 - Oct 10 with 824 viewssledger

are we really debating this,perraud is twice the player manning is in defence or attack
Manning V Perraud Who Is The Better Left Back on 21:35 - Oct 10 with 804 viewssaint22

This isn’t even a Question
Perraud is by miles and he was never given a fair crack of the whip
He would have been superb in this division and far better than manning
Plus to let him leave with no cover was also a major error

No surprise the only player Swansea happily let RM poach was Ryan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024