Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale hooligans 18:50 - Jun 5 with 47027 viewsDomDale

Has anybody seen the advert for Channel 5's Hooligan & Proud programme?

Looks to be a feature on the Dale, with Newport away featured. If you wondered why we were being filmed outside the pub that day here's your answer. Can't say I'm best pleased because there didn't look to be the slightest hint of any violence on the day - all good natured - no doubt C5 have twisted that for their own gain. If someone at work spots me on there and I get asked about it I won't be happy.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Rochdale hooligans on 22:19 - Jun 5 with 5572 views442Dale

Rochdale hooligans on 22:17 - Jun 5 by JimmyRustler

I don't have a problem with anyone liking it per se. However, switching on your television to watch other people watch television is a premise which absolutely illustrates how bad T.V has become.

These hooligan programmes keep cropping up and that must mean that there are enough people out there watching them.

To me, nothing illustrates how sad the general public are when it comes to television more than Gogglebox*.

*IMO

*Vera

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale hooligans on 22:26 - Jun 5 with 5535 viewsJimmyRustler

Rochdale hooligans on 22:19 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

*Vera

I am however quite partial to a spot of Murder, She Wrote.

It's a good job I'm not on Gogglebox when watching that.
Rochdale hooligans on 22:36 - Jun 5 with 5494 viewsKenBoon

Channel 5 is television for idiots. It's the only place where dried up crap like Big Brother can still exist. None of the people on that trailer are hooligans. They're just an underclass of morons who are being exploited by a television company making lazy and cheap television. This is the sort of crap that belongs on hard-to-find Satellite channels.

This crap is slanderous to Soccer fans. Its the reason why we're still treated like animals at some grounds and 'cannot be trusted' to have alcohol in stands. Hooliganism has been dead for 20 years. What exists now are morons. Morons who are society's problem. They attach themselves to Soccer because low budget and low intelligence crap like this tells them it's a great place to share their idiocy.
Rochdale hooligans on 22:44 - Jun 5 with 5467 viewschuckleberry

Rochdale hooligans on 21:02 - Jun 5 by dingdangblue

I'm guessing that the programme will follow one particular fan , this Lee character who is mentioned - if he is filmed singing with genuine non troublemaking Dale fans then that's unfortunate - as they'll all be looked at as 'hooligans' I guess.

Lee Moran, as his name rhymes, has spent most of the past few years banned. He famously kicked off with Dale fans in the WMG a few years ago.

The last thing we need as a small friendly club is this association.
Rochdale hooligans on 22:50 - Jun 5 with 5430 viewsnordenblue

Rochdale hooligans on 22:36 - Jun 5 by KenBoon

Channel 5 is television for idiots. It's the only place where dried up crap like Big Brother can still exist. None of the people on that trailer are hooligans. They're just an underclass of morons who are being exploited by a television company making lazy and cheap television. This is the sort of crap that belongs on hard-to-find Satellite channels.

This crap is slanderous to Soccer fans. Its the reason why we're still treated like animals at some grounds and 'cannot be trusted' to have alcohol in stands. Hooliganism has been dead for 20 years. What exists now are morons. Morons who are society's problem. They attach themselves to Soccer because low budget and low intelligence crap like this tells them it's a great place to share their idiocy.

I find it slightly amazing how they all have to dress,walk and act just the same as the next uneducated moron.Its like the branding stamp for cattle so you know exactly what group they belong to.Its interesting how they all think its clever and cool to be a clone of someone with the intellectual level of a common house plant.
Rochdale hooligans on 22:52 - Jun 5 with 5418 viewsThe_Pink_Boa

Spot on, no one watches channel 5, why worry
Rochdale hooligans on 23:08 - Jun 5 with 5375 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale hooligans on 22:16 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

Not bad, but Happy Valley has been the top TV of recent weeks for me.

Oh, and that Road to Rio on Dave has been quite good.

I'd watch Gogglebox if the 442 family was on it, however. I can just imagine it now: "Too many kit clashes on Match of the Day tonight, dear."

Anyway, apologies for the hijack.

From There To Here, the 3-parter just finished tonight, is by far and away the best TV this year. Much of it filmed around the cobbled streets leading down from Spotland Rd to the flats, Clement Royds I reckon, and also, Rochdale Infirmary, the Town Hall and Springfield Park Nursing Home.

Brilliant script and well-acted by Philip Glenister, Bernard Hill etc.

Anyone identify the club in Manc? Looked like Sankeys.

No hijacking involved, just the Manchester bomb and great throwbacks to Euro 96

[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 23:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale hooligans on 23:22 - Jun 5 with 5335 views442Dale

Rochdale hooligans on 23:08 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

From There To Here, the 3-parter just finished tonight, is by far and away the best TV this year. Much of it filmed around the cobbled streets leading down from Spotland Rd to the flats, Clement Royds I reckon, and also, Rochdale Infirmary, the Town Hall and Springfield Park Nursing Home.

Wasn't there a story about Bernard Hill attending the Darlington play-off game?

Not long after he'd been tragically dealt with outside Minus Tirith.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale hooligans on 23:47 - Jun 5 with 5307 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale hooligans on 23:22 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

Wasn't there a story about Bernard Hill attending the Darlington play-off game?

Not long after he'd been tragically dealt with outside Minus Tirith.

"Gizza crap ticket"

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale hooligans on 23:49 - Jun 5 with 5302 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale hooligans on 23:08 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

Watched the first part and enjoyed it, but have still got the other two on Sky+ to catch up on, so looking forward to them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale hooligans on 00:17 - Jun 6 with 5263 viewsmoth5368

Pretty sure it's South (the club in manc)
[Post edited 6 Jun 2014 0:20]
Rochdale hooligans on 00:24 - Jun 6 with 5259 viewsChaffRAFC

I thought it was South from the inside but wasn't sure from the outside as I don't remember the street layout being like it is in the series but nevertheless, it's been a very good programme.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Rochdale hooligans on 04:35 - Jun 6 with 5222 views123123

Cracking video of me that and please some of these comments if I'm classed as a hooligan i wont be happy well what you going to do shout at your wife or something and as for coward the only coward to me is you your not big enough to say anything to my face you have to hide behind a silly little forum with your laptop acting hard whilst you eat your jam butties and read the radio times. For god sake get a life oh and as for telling the people it was a lower league programme then get your facts right. The person who let us into the ground signed all forms stating clearly what the documentary was about. Not a cover up the forms have got the title in big letters in red FOOTBALL HOOLIGAN AND PROUD so id work on your facts before giving it the big cheese. If people watch the programme its up to them if you don't then I'm sure your boring support will be good enough to cheer Rochdale on as you do just sit there and moan all the way through the match anyhow. As for only turning up to the Oldham and Bury games ive been to alot more than most ppl and why is everyone excited about derby games its cause of the electric atmosphere caused by both sets of lads singing at each other without lads like us the game would non atmospheric so get a grip ya sad bunch of tossers. All you do is moab about something your lifes to short to be winging about life every minute of the day. I don't go by a false name why don't you google Football hooligan and proud and you will all see who i am wont you I'm on the channel 5 main website. With a write up so go and moan now its done with its going to be shown There's been no wrong doing or lying by anyone Rochdale AFC cannot do anything about it as there was papers signed explaining what they were doing. Oh and by the way your not going to be classed as hooligans you sad Muppets they where there for me but i had a knock by the police that day stopping me from going. So they filmed my mate instead. If you don't like it then i hope your happy moaning away to some other idiot that's prepared to listen to constant moaning and hissing. Don't be having hissy fits now please if you want to confront me to have a go at a coward then i live in sudden once you find my name then it wont be hard to find me Choice is yours in sick of people moaning about crap and this coward will look forward to seeing any of you soon. BYE

Poll: FOOTBALL HOOLIGANS AND PROUD CHANNEL 5 WEDNESDAY 11th JUNE http://www.channel5.c

Rochdale hooligans on 04:43 - Jun 6 with 5222 views123123

http://www.channel5.com/shows/football-hooligans-and-proud THERE THAT IS FOR ALL OF YOU MOANING OLD CLOUTS

Poll: FOOTBALL HOOLIGANS AND PROUD CHANNEL 5 WEDNESDAY 11th JUNE http://www.channel5.c

Rochdale hooligans on 06:05 - Jun 6 with 5210 viewssweetcorn

Rochdale hooligans on 04:35 - Jun 6 by 123123

Cracking video of me that and please some of these comments if I'm classed as a hooligan i wont be happy well what you going to do shout at your wife or something and as for coward the only coward to me is you your not big enough to say anything to my face you have to hide behind a silly little forum with your laptop acting hard whilst you eat your jam butties and read the radio times. For god sake get a life oh and as for telling the people it was a lower league programme then get your facts right. The person who let us into the ground signed all forms stating clearly what the documentary was about. Not a cover up the forms have got the title in big letters in red FOOTBALL HOOLIGAN AND PROUD so id work on your facts before giving it the big cheese. If people watch the programme its up to them if you don't then I'm sure your boring support will be good enough to cheer Rochdale on as you do just sit there and moan all the way through the match anyhow. As for only turning up to the Oldham and Bury games ive been to alot more than most ppl and why is everyone excited about derby games its cause of the electric atmosphere caused by both sets of lads singing at each other without lads like us the game would non atmospheric so get a grip ya sad bunch of tossers. All you do is moab about something your lifes to short to be winging about life every minute of the day. I don't go by a false name why don't you google Football hooligan and proud and you will all see who i am wont you I'm on the channel 5 main website. With a write up so go and moan now its done with its going to be shown There's been no wrong doing or lying by anyone Rochdale AFC cannot do anything about it as there was papers signed explaining what they were doing. Oh and by the way your not going to be classed as hooligans you sad Muppets they where there for me but i had a knock by the police that day stopping me from going. So they filmed my mate instead. If you don't like it then i hope your happy moaning away to some other idiot that's prepared to listen to constant moaning and hissing. Don't be having hissy fits now please if you want to confront me to have a go at a coward then i live in sudden once you find my name then it wont be hard to find me Choice is yours in sick of people moaning about crap and this coward will look forward to seeing any of you soon. BYE

Please tell it again.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Rochdale hooligans on 06:20 - Jun 6 with 4795 viewsaleanddale

But do you like Gogglebox?
Rochdale hooligans on 06:49 - Jun 6 with 4767 viewsColDale

Matthew to win
Rochdale hooligans on 08:32 - Jun 6 with 4668 viewsKenBoon

Why do supporters who pretend to be hooligans actually believe they improve the atmosphere at matches?
You don't. You sour the atmosphere when you're in angry mode. It's a myth that you do any good to the atmosphere when you act like that and I assume a way to justify the actions.

The best atmospheres are when all the fans - including the hooligan tribute acts - spend all their energy supporting the team. Games like the 3-3 at Morecombe, where the crowd got fully behind the team and the team responded. It was great and memorable for the right reasons. Bury away games however are memorable for embarrassing and sad reasons.

You've been taken advantage of by a lazy tv company and shame on the club for associating themselves with it. I hope the show producers paid you well because the viewers in the main will be laughing at and not with you.
Rochdale hooligans on 08:35 - Jun 6 with 4661 viewsTTNYear

I'm quite looking forward to Channel 5's take on the crowd culture. I hope they will be analysing and putting into practice Gustave le Bons theorems... You know. Saying that a crowd has three stages - submergence, contagion, and suggestion. I do like that. Plus I'm sure they will draw parallels with the deindividuation theory which, as we all know is a absolute hoot. I'm sure they will be delving deeper into these and many more.

But if Gogglebox is on it can piss off... I do like the posh couple.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Rochdale hooligans on 08:43 - Jun 6 with 4644 viewssandylaner1

Rochdale hooligans on 09:03 - Jun 6 with 4604 viewsaleanddale

Rochdale hooligans on 08:35 - Jun 6 by TTNYear

I'm quite looking forward to Channel 5's take on the crowd culture. I hope they will be analysing and putting into practice Gustave le Bons theorems... You know. Saying that a crowd has three stages - submergence, contagion, and suggestion. I do like that. Plus I'm sure they will draw parallels with the deindividuation theory which, as we all know is a absolute hoot. I'm sure they will be delving deeper into these and many more.

But if Gogglebox is on it can piss off... I do like the posh couple.

Leon and June for me!!

But agreed the posh couple are quality!!
Rochdale hooligans on 09:07 - Jun 6 with 4587 viewsdingdangblue

If that is the case , then whoever signed the forms wants sacking. Why are you Proud by the way?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale hooligans on 09:25 - Jun 6 with 4546 viewsD_Dale

Gustave le Bon, TTNYear? Surely you, and Lee, are sufficiently familiar with the researches of Floyd Allport hypothesizing that le Bon's theories have essentially been superseded by those advances in social psychology that contextualize how individual behaviours converge when they interface with group settings, reference groups and group norms ?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2014 9:27]
Rochdale hooligans on 09:35 - Jun 6 with 4522 viewsTTNYear

Rochdale hooligans on 09:25 - Jun 6 by D_Dale

Gustave le Bon, TTNYear? Surely you, and Lee, are sufficiently familiar with the researches of Floyd Allport hypothesizing that le Bon's theories have essentially been superseded by those advances in social psychology that contextualize how individual behaviours converge when they interface with group settings, reference groups and group norms ?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2014 9:27]

Absolutely. Tazzy and myself were in the Cem, just last week, pondering on that very theory.

Although, the Tazmeister is staunchly into his Freud. We argue for hours about it.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Rochdale hooligans on 10:10 - Jun 6 with 4459 viewsChaffRAFC

Radio Times?! Does anyone ever read that anymore? You get a TV guide through your remote!

You improve the atmosphere? If that's what you genuinely think then you've had too many blows to the head down Green Street because that sort of behaviour is an embarrassment to football, an embarrassment to our football club and the fact you've said that Rochdale AFC can't do anything about it shows how much you love our club doesn't it.

I don't know who you are and I don't really give a shit either but I do care about Rochdale Football Club and you are showing our club in a bad light all because you want to act like a moron and have seen one too many Danny Dyer films! You proppa nawty boy you!

We normally say we need all the fans we can get, well, if you're going to be a hooligan attaching yourself to our club, then we most certainly do not want you.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024