Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale hooligans 18:50 - Jun 5 with 47021 viewsDomDale

Has anybody seen the advert for Channel 5's Hooligan & Proud programme?

Looks to be a feature on the Dale, with Newport away featured. If you wondered why we were being filmed outside the pub that day here's your answer. Can't say I'm best pleased because there didn't look to be the slightest hint of any violence on the day - all good natured - no doubt C5 have twisted that for their own gain. If someone at work spots me on there and I get asked about it I won't be happy.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Rochdale hooligans on 19:58 - Jun 7 with 5215 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

If the lads singing outside the pub at Newport are portrayed as hooligans, or even linked to hooliganism, Channel 5 should be absolutely ashamed (they should anyway tbf) and should be made aware of it. Embarrassing.
Rochdale hooligans on 20:32 - Jun 7 with 5164 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale hooligans on 19:58 - Jun 7 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

If the lads singing outside the pub at Newport are portrayed as hooligans, or even linked to hooliganism, Channel 5 should be absolutely ashamed (they should anyway tbf) and should be made aware of it. Embarrassing.

Agreed, did channel 5 even care about what was going on that day? Trying to win the league, just celebrating promotion, party mood by the fans and wearing pink pants in tribute to our fantastic leader. Whoever decided to do this is embarrassing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale hooligans on 20:50 - Jun 7 with 5123 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale hooligans on 19:58 - Jun 7 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Another thing, often on these documentary style programmes you see peoples faces obscured - I presume its because either they don't want to be on tv or the programme haven't been able to contact them to find out? With the sensitive subject matter involved here I presume people have been asked if they are happy to be shown on a programme called 'Hooligan and Proud' ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Rochdale hooligans on 23:07 - Jun 7 with 5015 viewsPDIDDY

Cho cho chosen few, haha, mong central

Gissa job

Rochdale hooligans on 23:38 - Jun 7 with 4986 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale hooligans on 23:07 - Jun 7 by PDIDDY

Cho cho chosen few, haha, mong central

U a member?

Rochdale hooligans on 00:08 - Jun 8 with 4961 viewsBrighouseDale

Rochdale hooligans on 12:06 - Jun 7 by KenBoon

The town has a bad reputation because nobody stands up for it (in a civic sense). It's easier to knock something when its down than to try and help it up onto its feet. Our club however has a good reputation. We play good Football, we help build careers and the repetitive drone of Madchester music we all endure/enjoy every match is popular with many vocal away fan.

Maybe people don't confront these LADS because they have families or jobs where staying out of trouble is largely important. If you think something or someone is stupid, then you cannot really discuss it with them and not expect to end up being stupid. To quote Dumb and Dumber - the best film ever - "Stupid is as Stupid does".

Sorry to be pedantic, but "stupid is as stupid does" is actually from Forrest Gump.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Rochdale hooligans on 00:25 - Jun 8 with 4941 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale hooligans on 00:08 - Jun 8 by BrighouseDale

Sorry to be pedantic, but "stupid is as stupid does" is actually from Forrest Gump.

So does that make "Forrest Gump" the best film ever now for Ken or is it still 'Dumb and Dumber'?

Rochdale hooligans on 00:47 - Jun 8 with 4919 viewsBrighouseDale

Rochdale hooligans on 00:25 - Jun 8 by dingdangblue

So does that make "Forrest Gump" the best film ever now for Ken or is it still 'Dumb and Dumber'?

Clearly I can't speak for Mr. Boon but I'd say Forrest Gump just edges it. Watched White House Down today, that's a good un for any Die Hard / Taken types.

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale hooligans on 00:58 - Jun 8 with 4908 viewsKenBoon

Rochdale hooligans on 00:08 - Jun 8 by BrighouseDale

Is it not in both?
Well in that case, worst film ever.
Rochdale hooligans on 01:43 - Jun 8 with 4894 viewsjoecooke

I think were getting a little bit lost in all the furore.Ive been scared to death by blackpool whilst in the sandy and I've give it it the biggun on the half way line against wigan.
Neither made me a hooligan,nor a main lad.

up the dale

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Rochdale hooligans on 18:17 - Jun 8 with 4653 viewsChaffRAFC

Rochdale hooligans on 00:47 - Jun 8 by BrighouseDale

Clearly I can't speak for Mr. Boon but I'd say Forrest Gump just edges it. Watched White House Down today, that's a good un for any Die Hard / Taken types.

Forrest Gump is a tremendous film. Brilliantly written and Tom Hanks is outstanding in it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Rochdale hooligans on 18:27 - Jun 8 with 4629 viewsChaffRAFC

Rochdale hooligans on 01:43 - Jun 8 by joecooke

I think were getting a little bit lost in all the furore.Ive been scared to death by blackpool whilst in the sandy and I've give it it the biggun on the half way line against wigan.
Neither made me a hooligan,nor a main lad.

up the dale

Whether people think it's an over-reaction or not, the very simple fact remains. Our club is a friendly club that is known over the country as a good away day with good hospitality and friendly fans. The actions of one complete bellend is threatening to undo all that, all for the sake of cashing in on a little bit of fame because he's watched Away Days one too many times.

That really doesn't sit well with me.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Rochdale hooligans on 19:13 - Jun 8 with 4584 viewsRAFCBLUE

The Police are watching Chaff.

If anything untoward is published in that documentary then the producer (Channel 5) and the individual(s) concerned will certainly find a Thursday morning visit from GMP.

There have been people banned for three years for relevant transgressions and we know the club take a very strict view on what is a criminal offence and support the authorities accordingly in prosecution. The GMP who follow our team away from home (including Newport) do a grand job of keeping peace and harmony in a pragmatic environment.

Equally the Stadium Company official who allowed filming deserves at least a very firm word even if he/she knew the programme title..

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Rochdale hooligans on 22:22 - Jun 8 with 4468 viewsR17ALE

Rochdale hooligans on 18:27 - Jun 8 by ChaffRAFC

Whether people think it's an over-reaction or not, the very simple fact remains. Our club is a friendly club that is known over the country as a good away day with good hospitality and friendly fans. The actions of one complete bellend is threatening to undo all that, all for the sake of cashing in on a little bit of fame because he's watched Away Days one too many times.

That really doesn't sit well with me.

It doesn't sit well with me either. And although few will see it, most football going trouble makers will make a point of watching it.

This presents a grave problem. It sends out a message to these types to turn out at Rochdale because they're up for it.

Say we get Sheff Utd at home first game, their BBC* might turn out because they've heard we're active.

We're not, and never have been. I do hope the club issue a statement in the aftermath to distance themselves from the programme's inevitable conclusions, and re-iterate that 99.9% of us are football fans who like to watch Dale in peace and are proud that we welcome visiting fans without aggravation.

*Blades Business Crew. I'm not quite sure how I actually know that! Must have been a C4 programme about 20 years ago!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Rochdale hooligans on 22:33 - Jun 8 with 4437 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale hooligans on 22:22 - Jun 8 by R17ALE

It doesn't sit well with me either. And although few will see it, most football going trouble makers will make a point of watching it.

This presents a grave problem. It sends out a message to these types to turn out at Rochdale because they're up for it.

Say we get Sheff Utd at home first game, their BBC* might turn out because they've heard we're active.

We're not, and never have been. I do hope the club issue a statement in the aftermath to distance themselves from the programme's inevitable conclusions, and re-iterate that 99.9% of us are football fans who like to watch Dale in peace and are proud that we welcome visiting fans without aggravation.

*Blades Business Crew. I'm not quite sure how I actually know that! Must have been a C4 programme about 20 years ago!

Do that BBC have a licence fee to join them?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale hooligans on 22:47 - Jun 8 with 4418 viewsnordenblue

Rochdale hooligans on 22:33 - Jun 8 by TVOS1907

Do that BBC have a licence fee to join them?

Not if you watch in black and white?
Rochdale hooligans on 22:51 - Jun 8 with 4410 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale hooligans on 22:22 - Jun 8 by R17ALE

I fear a statement on our official website will have next to no impact against a full-length documentary on national television.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale hooligans on 22:54 - Jun 8 with 4405 viewsBrighouseDale

Judging by the trailer on YouTube, this "documentary" is following ONE Rochdale "supporter". If they were following a group of ten or twelve, then yes I might worry a bit that it labelled us all as hooligans. But for anyone who's visited Spotland before, I'm sure their own positive memories will outweigh the image portrayed in this programme. Meanwhile, I can't imagine any members of the Inter City Firm watching this and thinking Rochdale is worth a visit any time soon. Storm in a teacup is this.

Rochdale hooligans on 23:13 - Jun 8 with 4372 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale hooligans on 22:47 - Jun 8 by nordenblue

Not if you watch in black and white?

Have you seen R17ALE's TV....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale hooligans on 23:30 - Jun 8 with 4350 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale hooligans on 23:13 - Jun 8 by TVOS1907

Have you seen R17ALE's TV....

Can yours be found at Ordnance Survey ref. 1907?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale hooligans on 00:21 - Jun 9 with 4438 viewsdingdangblue

From Facebook - ' I was banned for 4 years also this season for trying to help families get away from aggro against hartlepool the first game of season i couldnt get away from the aggro that occurred i had to back myself up giving the police the power to slap a banning order on me knowing full well i couldnt appeal so yes when channel 5 got intouch with me i thought about all the situations that will follow with fellow dale fans and thought yes right away i got thanked by a couple with a kiddie at the game against hartlepool but the do gooders yet again slagged me off thats what made me jump at the chance i wasnt treated fairly by the club the only one who stood up for me is Pete as he seen what i was doing when i was at the clubshop.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:28 - Jun 9 with 4433 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale hooligans on 10:28 - Jun 9 with 4324 viewsParkinsGimp

Rochdale hooligans on 13:31 - Jun 7 by VespaDale

What would life be like for the moaning brigade if the internet wasn't around? How would you 'stand up' to the bad people that shame YOUR club? Well nothing you can do as the shows are booked and Dale will be in the spotlight for a short while. Just imagine all the threads next week when you've got some ammunition!!! Some sore fingers I predict.

Wasn't there somebody that said no such thing as bad publicity??

Anyhow you only have 4 days to wait then hammer them keyboards like true warriors... There's more to life than a poxy documentary, get your life into perspective. Tons of shite on telly as it is all this reality crap, it'll all be forgotten by Saturday night when England play!!!

Wasnt Max Clifford who mentioned all publicity is good publicity was it??

I can see the worries about the club being tarnished, but I would suggest we might be more embarrassed by this programme.

As for being embarrassed, biggest thing at our club is that clown on the tannoy....who falls over backwards to welcome, even horrible fans to our club and wishes them all the best...... then plays all his own music LOL
Lets hope we can keep our heads down and people forget the programme once the world Cup begins.
Rochdale hooligans on 10:52 - Jun 9 with 4286 viewsRochdale_Matt

Rochdale hooligans on 13:04 - Jun 7 by ChaffRAFC

My Dad brought me the article round mate, not guilty.

#BlamePapaChaff
Rochdale hooligans on 11:12 - Jun 9 with 4263 viewsThran

Rochdale hooligans on 00:21 - Jun 9 by dingdangblue

From Facebook - ' I was banned for 4 years also this season for trying to help families get away from aggro against hartlepool the first game of season i couldnt get away from the aggro that occurred i had to back myself up giving the police the power to slap a banning order on me knowing full well i couldnt appeal so yes when channel 5 got intouch with me i thought about all the situations that will follow with fellow dale fans and thought yes right away i got thanked by a couple with a kiddie at the game against hartlepool but the do gooders yet again slagged me off thats what made me jump at the chance i wasnt treated fairly by the club the only one who stood up for me is Pete as he seen what i was doing when i was at the clubshop.

I don't think you can have 3 banning orders and still try to make yourself out to be a victim.
He is pathetic.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2014 11:13]

Poll: Bigger drop, Wigan or Tranmere?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024