Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GMR 23:36 - Dec 16 with 8411 viewsMasher

Had it on for a while on my way home apparently they had a reporter waiting for an interview for a while only to be told "nobodys talking"
I wonder why that was?

Up The Dale!!

GMR on 00:40 - Dec 17 with 6931 viewsDaley_Lama

They were obviously gob-smacked and lost for words after Stewpot Day said post match that Luton had spent £2,000,000 on a player and this is the kinda finance they were up against in League 2 after his clubs' defeat in the cup.

£2,000,000. That figure sounds familiar....

Poll: DF in or out

GMR on 00:47 - Dec 17 with 6918 viewsdingdangblue

GMR on 00:40 - Dec 17 by Daley_Lama

They were obviously gob-smacked and lost for words after Stewpot Day said post match that Luton had spent £2,000,000 on a player and this is the kinda finance they were up against in League 2 after his clubs' defeat in the cup.

£2,000,000. That figure sounds familiar....

He mentioned bury kids lost to man u kids 1-0 tonight and that man u had spent 2mill on one of their players. Steve Eyre is laughably bad as a pundit.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

GMR on 00:52 - Dec 17 with 6900 viewsbig_dave2010

i reckon it was just to keep the limelight away from the team.
GMR on 05:56 - Dec 17 with 6801 viewsTalkingSutty

GMR on 00:52 - Dec 17 by big_dave2010

i reckon it was just to keep the limelight away from the team.

Keeping expectation down,don't want the fans or the public in general thinking we might win the damn thing,god forbid we might enjoy the victory. Ebenezer Hill strikes again,humbug!!

He needs to be careful Hilly or he will be getting a visit from the ghost of Donnelly past.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 6:55]
GMR on 08:41 - Dec 17 with 6584 viewsDaley_Lama

Cheers for clearing up, thought it seemed very odd thing to say.

Poll: DF in or out

GMR on 08:49 - Dec 17 with 6555 views442Dale

Maybe it was just someone not being able to get an interview before GMR went off the air.

However, is there an interview on Daleplayer yet? If not, why not. There should be no reason why either Hill, Beech or even BBM can't do something after each game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

GMR on 09:18 - Dec 17 with 6498 views100notout

Said on Radio Manchester this morning that Hill refused to be interviewed.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

GMR on 09:35 - Dec 17 with 6454 viewsTalkingSutty

GMR on 09:18 - Dec 17 by 100notout

Said on Radio Manchester this morning that Hill refused to be interviewed.

Heard that myself so they played a interview with the Yeovil manager instead, he seemed pleased with the victory. Nothing on the official site neither.
Login to get fewer ads

GMR on 09:50 - Dec 17 with 6413 viewsTVOS1907

GMR on 09:35 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

Heard that myself so they played a interview with the Yeovil manager instead, he seemed pleased with the victory. Nothing on the official site neither.

Talking of Yeovil, £30 on the terrace v Man United.

http://www.ytfc.net/news/article/manchester-united-ticket-prices-2148742.aspx

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

GMR on 09:59 - Dec 17 with 6388 viewsMoonyDale

GMR on 09:50 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

Holy crap, talk about fleecing your fans. Those prices are a disgrace with £50 being the top priced ticket.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

GMR on 10:07 - Dec 17 with 6369 viewsParkinsGimp

Well done Hilly, cant stand GMR or radio Manc or whatever they like to call themsleves, just a load of tools , brown nosing. And wasnt it their fault we got that clown Eyre?
GMR on 10:15 - Dec 17 with 6343 viewsnordenblue

GMR on 10:07 - Dec 17 by ParkinsGimp

Well done Hilly, cant stand GMR or radio Manc or whatever they like to call themsleves, just a load of tools , brown nosing. And wasnt it their fault we got that clown Eyre?

Regardless how crap the radio station is im pretty sure Hilly or a n other has a duty to provide a post match interview win lose or draw.
It all comes across as very childish and as much as im not a big fan of Mr Day for obvious reasons at least he had the bollox to speak live after his clubs SEVENTH defeat on the bounce, for that he deserves huge credit.
At times our club really do treat the paying customer very poorly imo
GMR on 10:27 - Dec 17 with 6298 viewsDomDale

GMR on 09:50 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

Well that's a bit crap. So the Yeovil fans who have stuck with the team through last seasons relegation and this seasons dire displays are "rewarded" with having a 50% mark up applied to their usual ticket price because United are in town. The game's on telly FFS, the club stand to make a lot of money anyway.

*IF* we beat Forest and draw the likes of United/Liverpool etc at home and its £30 in the Sandy Lane I think I'd give the game a miss. Too much money IMO.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

GMR on 10:29 - Dec 17 with 6289 views442Dale

GMR on 09:59 - Dec 17 by MoonyDale

Holy crap, talk about fleecing your fans. Those prices are a disgrace with £50 being the top priced ticket.....

Completely unacceptable. At no stage should ANY game see an increase in prices.

Any chance the OS could at least explain why we've yet to get any post-match reaction?

GMR on 11:02 - Dec 17 with 6237 viewsD_Alien

GMR on 10:29 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

Completely unacceptable. At no stage should ANY game see an increase in prices.

Any chance the OS could at least explain why we've yet to get any post-match reaction?

Maybe Hilly's having a major counselling session with Flickers, who certainly needs his best mate right now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

GMR on 12:26 - Dec 17 with 6100 viewsrod_leach

He turned round and started trying to get the main stand moaners clapping at one point last night, when people were starting to get impatient. Perhaps he still had that on his mind and didn't want to have another go at the fans?
GMR on 12:44 - Dec 17 with 6044 viewsdannyuk

Hilly is busy signing Football manager games.
GMR on 12:52 - Dec 17 with 6005 viewsupthedale

GMR on 12:26 - Dec 17 by rod_leach

He turned round and started trying to get the main stand moaners clapping at one point last night, when people were starting to get impatient. Perhaps he still had that on his mind and didn't want to have another go at the fans?

I thought he was sarcastically clapping the moaners - there had been shouts of "get it forward" etc from a few supporters and Ashley Eastham (I think) kicked it forward and it went straight out for a goal kick. At that point Hill turned around and clapped - I interpreted that as him saying "well done, clearly you're right we should just get it forward".

Sat in the main stand purely because the queues for my normal Pearl St were so huge. There are a lot of moaning folk in main stand - it gets a little irritating I have to admit!

Surely everyone wants to see a bit of build up play to draw the opposition forward rather than just booting it up field.
GMR on 13:00 - Dec 17 with 5992 viewsboromat

Fans in the main stand were pretty much Hillys voice on Tuesday he shouted to pass it forwards the main stand shouted pass it forwards, Hilly starts clapping and cheering the main stand starts clapping and cheering, Hilly scratches his ....... you get the picture.

There were times of frustration during the game as there were things that weren't quite right with regards to the performance but the crowd was pretty quick to revert to cheering the lads on.

It was one of those games where the only thing that was missing was a part of the performance. The work rate and endeavor was there from the 1st minute to the last and that's all we as fans really care about. As long as they are working their socks off they are forgiven for their mistakes and cheered on. Last night we didn't played to our best but the workrate saw us win comfortably in the end.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

GMR on 13:02 - Dec 17 with 5977 views442Dale

GMR on 12:52 - Dec 17 by upthedale

I thought he was sarcastically clapping the moaners - there had been shouts of "get it forward" etc from a few supporters and Ashley Eastham (I think) kicked it forward and it went straight out for a goal kick. At that point Hill turned around and clapped - I interpreted that as him saying "well done, clearly you're right we should just get it forward".

Sat in the main stand purely because the queues for my normal Pearl St were so huge. There are a lot of moaning folk in main stand - it gets a little irritating I have to admit!

Surely everyone wants to see a bit of build up play to draw the opposition forward rather than just booting it up field.

There aren't a lot. There are a few, like in every stand in every ground in the country. Those that moan all the time aren't taken seriously.

Will the bench clap us if we come up with some astute tactical analysis?

GMR on 13:03 - Dec 17 with 5980 viewsupthedale

GMR on 13:00 - Dec 17 by boromat

Fans in the main stand were pretty much Hillys voice on Tuesday he shouted to pass it forwards the main stand shouted pass it forwards, Hilly starts clapping and cheering the main stand starts clapping and cheering, Hilly scratches his ....... you get the picture.

There were times of frustration during the game as there were things that weren't quite right with regards to the performance but the crowd was pretty quick to revert to cheering the lads on.

It was one of those games where the only thing that was missing was a part of the performance. The work rate and endeavor was there from the 1st minute to the last and that's all we as fans really care about. As long as they are working their socks off they are forgiven for their mistakes and cheered on. Last night we didn't played to our best but the workrate saw us win comfortably in the end.

I might have interpreted the clapping wrong then! My bad
GMR on 13:11 - Dec 17 with 5950 viewsupthedale

GMR on 13:02 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

There aren't a lot. There are a few, like in every stand in every ground in the country. Those that moan all the time aren't taken seriously.

Will the bench clap us if we come up with some astute tactical analysis?

I more meant "a lot" as in you can hear them, not a lot in terms of numbers. Probably the wrong phrase to use. Though not sure how you can know who to take seriously or not? You might be able to tell, but I doubt players/managers etc can make that distinction.

Not saying it's just within main stand either, think I just found it more noticeable because the management/players are more likely to hear them.

I highly doubt they will, but you could try if you want.
GMR on 13:18 - Dec 17 with 5938 viewsMoonyDale

GMR on 13:11 - Dec 17 by upthedale

I more meant "a lot" as in you can hear them, not a lot in terms of numbers. Probably the wrong phrase to use. Though not sure how you can know who to take seriously or not? You might be able to tell, but I doubt players/managers etc can make that distinction.

Not saying it's just within main stand either, think I just found it more noticeable because the management/players are more likely to hear them.

I highly doubt they will, but you could try if you want.

There's a guy in the sandy who leaves it for five minutes before he starts ranting. He sounds like a very angry loud fkin Dalek.....His most common shouts include "down the channels" "get it forward" And the ever popular "keep it on the deck" At one point we started a sweep to see who could predict the timing of his first shout.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

GMR on 13:26 - Dec 17 with 5914 viewsupthedale

GMR on 13:18 - Dec 17 by MoonyDale

There's a guy in the sandy who leaves it for five minutes before he starts ranting. He sounds like a very angry loud fkin Dalek.....His most common shouts include "down the channels" "get it forward" And the ever popular "keep it on the deck" At one point we started a sweep to see who could predict the timing of his first shout.....

Ha a good way to turn something annoying into entertaining!

There's a couple of guys who occasionally sit behind me in Pearl St who are pretty similar, but their voices are that whiney that I have a feeling even anything positive would sound like they were complaining about it (not that I've ever had chance to confirm whether that theory is correct or not!)
GMR on 13:35 - Dec 17 with 5875 views442Dale

It's been discussed a lot over the years on here and this thread proves that any issue with negative fans isn't a real problem, more a few individual ones. Not something for anyone at the club to be bothered about and best left to the tales like those posted to address it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024