Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred - Derby 22:37 - Nov 2 with 47197 viewsYorkRanger

Haven't started one for a while.

Derby on fire, Clement coming good. Rangers preferred manager chose Derby instead of the Rs. Rangers in indifferent form, beleaguered manager tipped to be moved on shortly. Fans in open revolt. Tactical Tim, allegedly, poised to pounce.

It all points to a banker home win. Am I alone in thinking we might just nick something tomorrow night.

Unfortunately cant make the game. Will have my fingers crossed.
Match Fred - Derby on 13:02 - Nov 3 with 2523 viewsdaveB

Match Fred - Derby on 12:59 - Nov 3 by BlackCrowe

Clement to show TF why we should've tried our best to get him, given his Spanish credentials but moreover his Rangers dna.

We did try our best to get him, he didn't want to know
Match Fred - Derby on 13:07 - Nov 3 with 2514 viewsderbyhoop

Match Fred - Derby on 12:13 - Nov 3 by Dando

With the players available, I dont know why we are finding ourselves in so many losing positions to begin with. In my opinion, too often are we starting with sides that are weaker - and we usually only improve when our better players finally come on, which is usually too late. Why cant we just have one game where a full strength team starts, players are in their correct positions - and we take control? Once weve got a lead, no problem to bring on Henry or someone to consolidate the game, but why make it so difficult by starting weak players ahead of our better options? Its very annoying

What is our full strength team, though? Even that may not be as good as we like to think.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Match Fred - Derby on 13:25 - Nov 3 with 2452 viewsSimonJames

This is a "bonus" match isn't it? Comfortable 0-2 victory to us then

100% of people who drink water will die.

Match Fred - Derby on 13:37 - Nov 3 with 2428 viewsJigsore

Match Fred - Derby on 08:07 - Nov 3 by Brightonhoop

We'll only need ten men. Shame we haven't got ten men......

Perch will probably be starting, does that count?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Match Fred - Derby on 14:17 - Nov 3 with 2367 viewsadhoc_qpr

It could be very ugly tonight, but then we said the same before the Wolves away game earlier this season...

Let's hope a couple of our quality individuals turn up on the night because Ramsey sure as hell isn't going to out think/out motivate or out tactic Clement!
Match Fred - Derby on 14:21 - Nov 3 with 2357 viewsDando

Match Fred - Derby on 13:01 - Nov 3 by daveB

Who are these amazing players available to us?

go through the players featured last weekend

Green has been relegated 3 times in the last 5 seasons

Perch has 2 relegations in his last 3 years
Onouha has been awful all season and honestly only ever played well next to Dunne.
Hall - relegated with Blackpool last season
Hill - Legend but 2 relegations in last 3 years
Koncheskey - average full back well past his best

Henry - 3 relegations in his last 4 seasons
Tozser - comes with a good reputation but shown next to nothing so far

Phillips - apart from 3 good months last season has been bang average for 3 years
Chery - shown glimpses but not a great deal yet
Luongo - League 1 player with potential

JET - Released by a league one club and been a journeymen forward for years
Austin - Legend
Hoilett - 3 relegation's in 4 years

Of course Fer was missing, another player with back to back relegation's. They can't all have been unlucky to have so many relegations on their cv's. An absolute myth that we have an amazing squad, we don't.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 13:08]

I didnt mention any players were "amazing". But I do think that we could put out a better side than Ramsay is selecting. Not only the selection, but the positions they play in.

Nobody is saying we have the best team in the world, but I am sure most of us agree that we should be doing better than we are.

Ned for example - why is he playing every week, when he has clearly been on dreadful form? Ok the others havent been much better, but havent seen Ned be dropped yet

Henry - is a subject on his own. He can do a job when required, but why not start Doherty ahead of him, or Faurlin (bring him off later), or drop Luongo back - where he was comfortable playing deep for Swindon as far as I know?

Why not give Chery a go behind the striker? He could potentially be brilliant there, but we cant get the best out of him. The left side of course is a problem, but its frustrating to see players out of position, and not getting the best out of them.

There are many team selections and formations that could be picked with our squad, but whatever formation is chosen I dont think it helps when players are on poor form or out of position
Match Fred - Derby on 14:27 - Nov 3 with 2342 viewsqueensparker

Match Fred - Derby on 09:09 - Nov 3 by BrianMcCarthy

We are 9/2 for the win. In all the championship games tonight only Rotherham at Boro is deemed to be less likely.

Gulp, readers!

I think we can score and score more than once. But we'll have to work a lot harder than we did at Griffin Park, and who's betting on that...

9-2 is great odds, I'll have some of that!
Match Fred - Derby on 14:32 - Nov 3 with 2327 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Match Fred - Derby on 14:27 - Nov 3 by queensparker

I'll have a sneeky £5 on that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Match Fred - Derby on 14:34 - Nov 3 with 2318 viewsdaveB

Match Fred - Derby on 14:21 - Nov 3 by Dando

I didnt mention any players were "amazing". But I do think that we could put out a better side than Ramsay is selecting. Not only the selection, but the positions they play in.

Nobody is saying we have the best team in the world, but I am sure most of us agree that we should be doing better than we are.

Ned for example - why is he playing every week, when he has clearly been on dreadful form? Ok the others havent been much better, but havent seen Ned be dropped yet

Henry - is a subject on his own. He can do a job when required, but why not start Doherty ahead of him, or Faurlin (bring him off later), or drop Luongo back - where he was comfortable playing deep for Swindon as far as I know?

Why not give Chery a go behind the striker? He could potentially be brilliant there, but we cant get the best out of him. The left side of course is a problem, but its frustrating to see players out of position, and not getting the best out of them.

There are many team selections and formations that could be picked with our squad, but whatever formation is chosen I dont think it helps when players are on poor form or out of position

Chery himself has said he prefers playing wide as he gets more space, he struggled in the middle at the start of the season. Henry is an easy scapegoat, played ok the last two games and still getting stick.

We should be doing better than we are but I just don't buy that we have a good squad, we've tried several combinations this season and none of them have looked any good which might just suggest the squad is overrated.
Match Fred - Derby on 14:35 - Nov 3 with 2315 viewsdaveB

Match Fred - Derby on 14:17 - Nov 3 by adhoc_qpr

It could be very ugly tonight, but then we said the same before the Wolves away game earlier this season...

Let's hope a couple of our quality individuals turn up on the night because Ramsey sure as hell isn't going to out think/out motivate or out tactic Clement!

Ramsey plays exactly the same tactics as Clement, 4-2-3-1. Difference is they have better players than us
Match Fred - Derby on 14:42 - Nov 3 with 2295 viewsDando

Match Fred - Derby on 14:34 - Nov 3 by daveB

Chery himself has said he prefers playing wide as he gets more space, he struggled in the middle at the start of the season. Henry is an easy scapegoat, played ok the last two games and still getting stick.

We should be doing better than we are but I just don't buy that we have a good squad, we've tried several combinations this season and none of them have looked any good which might just suggest the squad is overrated.

If thats what Chery said, then fair enough - but I therefore then hope that Fer plays as the number 10. To be fair, Henry didnt play badly in the last game - but for me he is still adds much less to the team than having Luongo in his position. Need a more positive player who is comfortable on the ball to drive forward as well as just a few tackles. Hes very limited.

We probably are over rated though as you say, but individually I think there is enough talent to be in the top 6. Dont think Ramsey is getting the best out of them, maybe he doesnt have the "fear factor" about him. He seems to come accross a bit soft to me
Match Fred - Derby on 14:51 - Nov 3 with 2273 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Fred - Derby on 12:13 - Nov 3 by Dando

With the players available, I dont know why we are finding ourselves in so many losing positions to begin with. In my opinion, too often are we starting with sides that are weaker - and we usually only improve when our better players finally come on, which is usually too late. Why cant we just have one game where a full strength team starts, players are in their correct positions - and we take control? Once weve got a lead, no problem to bring on Henry or someone to consolidate the game, but why make it so difficult by starting weak players ahead of our better options? Its very annoying

Ramsey implies there will be changes, so you may get your wish tonight!
Match Fred - Derby on 14:51 - Nov 3 with 2273 viewsdaveB

Match Fred - Derby on 14:42 - Nov 3 by Dando

If thats what Chery said, then fair enough - but I therefore then hope that Fer plays as the number 10. To be fair, Henry didnt play badly in the last game - but for me he is still adds much less to the team than having Luongo in his position. Need a more positive player who is comfortable on the ball to drive forward as well as just a few tackles. Hes very limited.

We probably are over rated though as you say, but individually I think there is enough talent to be in the top 6. Dont think Ramsey is getting the best out of them, maybe he doesnt have the "fear factor" about him. He seems to come accross a bit soft to me

that's the problem, good individuals but not a good team. That be blamed on the manager or players but won't be fixed quickly.
Match Fred - Derby on 14:53 - Nov 3 with 2268 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Fred - Derby on 14:27 - Nov 3 by queensparker

5/1 available all over the place!
Match Fred - Derby on 15:14 - Nov 3 with 2218 viewsHantsR

2-2 Derby take early, compulsory two goal lead then Buxton and Keogh both o.g in last 5 mins
Match Fred - Derby on 15:20 - Nov 3 with 2197 viewsdanehoop

PAge 3 of a match thread so long before kick off. We are definitely going to take a beating. You can almost hear some of the posters on here sharpening pitchforks, building up the torches and preparing bile filled rants.

Never knowingly understood

Match Fred - Derby on 15:56 - Nov 3 with 2137 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Fred - Derby on 15:20 - Nov 3 by danehoop

PAge 3 of a match thread so long before kick off. We are definitely going to take a beating. You can almost hear some of the posters on here sharpening pitchforks, building up the torches and preparing bile filled rants.

Indeed and everyone's favourites will be out in force

"Out of his depth"

"Joke"

"Surely he has to go now"

"Worse performance ever"

etc etc etc
Match Fred - Derby on 16:05 - Nov 3 with 2124 viewsWilloW4

And if we do get spanked, what are we supposed to say? ...."we're a work in progress?' (What progress?...team needs time to gel? , how long does that take?, CR needs our support...for how long?... I'm,apparently one of the doom and gloom merchants on LFW, but I've never slagged CR off, but we are playing clueless shite football and it's getting more than tedious.. I want us to win tonight, as I do every game, a bit of entertaining attacking football wouldn't go amiss.
Match Fred - Derby on 16:15 - Nov 3 with 2091 viewsadhoc_qpr

Match Fred - Derby on 16:05 - Nov 3 by WilloW4

And if we do get spanked, what are we supposed to say? ...."we're a work in progress?' (What progress?...team needs time to gel? , how long does that take?, CR needs our support...for how long?... I'm,apparently one of the doom and gloom merchants on LFW, but I've never slagged CR off, but we are playing clueless shite football and it's getting more than tedious.. I want us to win tonight, as I do every game, a bit of entertaining attacking football wouldn't go amiss.

It's bad either way TBH.

If we win (everything crossed!), the 'stability' crowd will be here to ram down everyone's throats what spoiled, horrible fans we are, that expectations were midtable anyway, Ramsey still can't be judged yet etc etc

If we lose, especially without a fight ala Brentford 2nd half and Fulham, then frustration with Ramsey will also spill out and be vented.

Better to wait a day or two, when the more reasoned and balanced arguments come out (and they always do in the end on this board).
Match Fred - Derby on 16:17 - Nov 3 with 2071 viewsWilloW4

Match Fred - Derby on 16:15 - Nov 3 by adhoc_qpr

It's bad either way TBH.

If we win (everything crossed!), the 'stability' crowd will be here to ram down everyone's throats what spoiled, horrible fans we are, that expectations were midtable anyway, Ramsey still can't be judged yet etc etc

If we lose, especially without a fight ala Brentford 2nd half and Fulham, then frustration with Ramsey will also spill out and be vented.

Better to wait a day or two, when the more reasoned and balanced arguments come out (and they always do in the end on this board).

Well said.
Match Fred - Derby on 16:17 - Nov 3 with 2072 viewsjohnhoop

Or for that matter the sound of the Ramsey cheerleaders getting their excuses ready for yet another game in which we fail to bear any resemblance to a football team with a coherent game plan, tactics and motivation.
Read them here after the game at "We are the Ramsey Boys" Dot.Org.
(Unless a tear in the space-time continuum opens up and we actually win)
Match Fred - Derby on 16:19 - Nov 3 with 2061 viewsdaveB

Match Fred - Derby on 16:05 - Nov 3 by WilloW4

If Win, lose or draw I can't see him being manager much longer
Match Fred - Derby on 16:26 - Nov 3 with 2034 viewsToast_R

Be nice to avoid a forth straight defeat on the road hey?
Ramsey is beginning to morph in to Redknapp with his Tombola team selections and poor away record.
Match Fred - Derby on 16:31 - Nov 3 with 2016 viewsDiscodroids

...He's soul still dancin'..
#Bad Lieutentant
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 16:33]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

Match Fred - Derby on 16:38 - Nov 3 with 2003 viewsjonno

Match Fred - Derby on 13:01 - Nov 3 by daveB

Who are these amazing players available to us?

go through the players featured last weekend

Green has been relegated 3 times in the last 5 seasons

Perch has 2 relegations in his last 3 years
Onouha has been awful all season and honestly only ever played well next to Dunne.
Hall - relegated with Blackpool last season
Hill - Legend but 2 relegations in last 3 years
Koncheskey - average full back well past his best

Henry - 3 relegations in his last 4 seasons
Tozser - comes with a good reputation but shown next to nothing so far

Phillips - apart from 3 good months last season has been bang average for 3 years
Chery - shown glimpses but not a great deal yet
Luongo - League 1 player with potential

JET - Released by a league one club and been a journeymen forward for years
Austin - Legend
Hoilett - 3 relegation's in 4 years

Of course Fer was missing, another player with back to back relegation's. They can't all have been unlucky to have so many relegations on their cv's. An absolute myth that we have an amazing squad, we don't.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 13:08]

Exactly. Let's face it, the majority of the squad are a bunch of losers with little or no fight in them with an inexperienced manager at this level. Results are hardly surprising.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024