Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eastham to Fleetwood 16:02 - May 20 with 13646 viewsGlenn

2 year deal!
Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:05 - May 20 with 6817 viewsdalestats

Confirmed on their Twitter account, pic posing with shirt, ambition etc etc

Considering he spent most of the season on the sidelines I'm not really surprised
[Post edited 20 May 2016 16:09]

Poll: Remain in the eu

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:12 - May 20 with 6737 viewsTalkingSutty

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:05 - May 20 by dalestats

Confirmed on their Twitter account, pic posing with shirt, ambition etc etc

Considering he spent most of the season on the sidelines I'm not really surprised
[Post edited 20 May 2016 16:09]

Big blow that, good player.
Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:14 - May 20 with 6703 viewsdale_spotland

Gutted by this news, I really rate Eastham and think he's a fantastic defender at this level. I imagine he made the decision to leave earlier this season when he wasn't getting a sniff, despite Lancashire clearly being in terrible form.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:17 - May 20 with 6643 viewsToffeemanc

Gutted by this news, for me he was our best central defender at the club.
It makes the need to get Canavan signed up even more of a priority, although you can be sure that Hilly will already have replacements lined up.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:23 - May 20 with 6576 viewsFrog

Good luck to him.

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/article/fleetwood-town-ashley-eastham-transf
Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:25 - May 20 with 6555 viewsjudd

Fookin bollox.

Huge blow and serves Hill right for agreeing to sell him to Orient earlier this year.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:26 - May 20 with 6542 viewsdawlishdale

Very shocked to hear this. Our best central defender goes to a lower placed rival.

Should have been played more often last season, and fair play to him for wanting away. I wish him all the best for the future.

I heard that Canavan is unlikely to sign for us unless we increase our offer massively. Could be looking at a completely new central defence next season. Even Hill must know that Lancashire & McNulty are not good enough.
Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:30 - May 20 with 6487 viewssweetcorn

Not surprised, would you stay at a club where you've just watched 2 turnips playing centre half ahead of you for the best of half a season.

One of the few mistakes hill made last season.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:35 - May 20 with 6438 viewsD_Alien

FFS

Good luck to him. Leaves a gaping hole that'll take some filling, and almost certainly avoidable.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:38 - May 20 with 6406 viewsJimmyRustler

He doesn't get a lot wrong Mr Hill but he's effectively driven our best CB out of the club by picking Olly Slipalot over Eastham for large parts of the season. Serves him right. Hope he realised what he's done.

Laughable really. Fuming at this tbh after the good partnership him and Canavan forged.bbwfl to square one now. Heard that Sean McGinty is available. Is he any good?

Good luck Ashley. Top League 1 defender in my eyes. All we need now is Lancashire to sign and my weekend really will be ruined.
Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:38 - May 20 with 6395 viewsroccydaleian

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:26 - May 20 by dawlishdale

Very shocked to hear this. Our best central defender goes to a lower placed rival.

Should have been played more often last season, and fair play to him for wanting away. I wish him all the best for the future.

I heard that Canavan is unlikely to sign for us unless we increase our offer massively. Could be looking at a completely new central defence next season. Even Hill must know that Lancashire & McNulty are not good enough.

Mm, bit gutted by this. Thought McNulty had a decent season personally, having played in every game and switching positions as well.
Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:39 - May 20 with 6379 viewsfitzochris

Clucking bell.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:40 - May 20 with 6355 viewsdeeplishblue

We picked him up, and shook him up and turned him into someone new.
But now he thinks it's time he lived his life on his own, I guess it just what he must do.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:40 - May 20 with 6350 viewsisitme

Fair play to him.

I am sure that he has been offered more money than in his contract offer from us. He had a good season, has been a good servant to the club and could be considered unlucky to be left out on a number of occasions, but is not irreplaceable. He is hardly in the calibre of Dawson or O'Connell.

If Lancashire goes to Shrewsbury and Canavan does not lower his wage demands we could have potentially three new centre backs signed this summer. An experienced old head alongside a bit of pace would be idea.
Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:43 - May 20 with 6309 viewsTalkingSutty

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:26 - May 20 by dawlishdale

Canavans a solid defender but not much more i don't think, he's got his limitations and i don't think he's in a position to be holding out for big money. Make him a decent offer and if he turns it down move on. We now have Easthams wage to play with.
Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:47 - May 20 with 6268 viewsShun

Gutted. Can't blame him if any of his reasoning is being slighted for a large part of the season by seeing an inferior player get a place in the team ahead of him.

Good luck to him. Fleetwood have got a good defender for this level.
Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:51 - May 20 with 6223 viewsSalwaDale

Are our opinions of Eastham a little overinflated because of Lancashire's poor form? I'm sad to see him go but it is no massive loss. Our best centre back? Almost certainly. Good enough for league 1? Definitely. Irreplaceable? No. I presume Hill saw this coming and that is probably one of the reasons Lancashire was offered a contract. Lets hope Scott Tanser sees this as an opportunity and does everything in his power to be the player his talents suggest he could be. There will be other players around who will see the positive effect signing for Rochdale seems to do a player.

TBBT

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:51 - May 20 with 6219 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ashley-eastham-to-fleetwood-town-31208

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:56 - May 20 with 6182 viewsboromat

We probably only offered 1 year and less money. If Lancashire and Canavan don't sign it'll be a brand new defense nearly especially if we get a new defensive midfielder as well.

I put on the other thread would people have Josh Thompson back? Think he might be available slipped down the league's after an injury but played quite a bit last year.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:57 - May 20 with 6175 viewsfitzochris

Eastham to Fleetwood on 16:51 - May 20 by SalwaDale

Are our opinions of Eastham a little overinflated because of Lancashire's poor form? I'm sad to see him go but it is no massive loss. Our best centre back? Almost certainly. Good enough for league 1? Definitely. Irreplaceable? No. I presume Hill saw this coming and that is probably one of the reasons Lancashire was offered a contract. Lets hope Scott Tanser sees this as an opportunity and does everything in his power to be the player his talents suggest he could be. There will be other players around who will see the positive effect signing for Rochdale seems to do a player.

You've said it there. He's our best centre half and he's going.

So, as some chopper just said to me on Twitter, yes, there are plenty of "better centre halves available out there" but we still need to get one to agree to come here and bed them in.

Whatever way you look at it, Ashley choosing to leave is a blow. No, he's not "Bobby Moore", but he was our best centre half, so, relatively speaking, it's a significant loss until he's replaced.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Eastham to Fleetwood on 17:21 - May 20 with 6015 viewsColDale

He's a Blackpool lad so the move suits and given that he's spent half of the last two years outbid the team, you can understand the switch so good luck to him.

But I agree he is replaceable. He's better than Lancashire without doubt but it's a buyers market right now. Always going to be a gamble starting the season with two new centre halves (not convinced by Canavan's fitness) but if we want to raise our standard, central defence needs to be improved.
Eastham to Fleetwood on 17:24 - May 20 with 5985 viewsPorlicks

Whilst we wait for news on Lillis.

Luckily, theirs no incentive to buy a season ticket until we have signed a defence.

Who are YOU with?

Eastham to Fleetwood on 17:24 - May 20 with 5982 viewsDaley_Lama

Good luck Ashley, hope you get 46 games next season etc

As others have said, CH is a position definitely in need of new blood next season. More so than a striker in my opinion.

Poll: DF in or out

Eastham to Fleetwood on 17:28 - May 20 with 5954 viewsjudd

Eastham to Fleetwood on 17:24 - May 20 by Daley_Lama

Good luck Ashley, hope you get 46 games next season etc

As others have said, CH is a position definitely in need of new blood next season. More so than a striker in my opinion.

TBF we ain't got much fookin' choice.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Eastham to Fleetwood on 17:32 - May 20 with 5925 views442Dale

Eastham to Fleetwood on 17:24 - May 20 by Porlicks

Whilst we wait for news on Lillis.

Luckily, theirs no incentive to buy a season ticket until we have signed a defence.

Both Lillis and Eastham are proven at L1 level now and losing both would hopefully see the same mistakes not being made in the future when it comes to non-selection of players we know can do a job.

We weren't a million miles off the playoffs and would have been much, much closer if Eastham had played the amount of games Lancashire did.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024