Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain With or Leave the EU 19:55 - Jun 2 with 129894 viewsunion_jack

Remain With or Leave the EU

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:50 - Jun 15 with 1722 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:36 - Jun 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Didn't quote these facts though form the same report did he?
The UK has been in a losing minority more often over the past few years

In recent years the UK has been more often on the losing side of these votes.

Research by Dr Hagemann and Professor Hix shows that between 2009 and 2015 the UK voted against the majority 12.3% of the time, compared to 2.6% of the time between 2004 and 2009.

That made it the country most likely to be on the losing side during the later period–the closest competitors were Germany and Austria, which were on the losing side 5.4% of the time.

I haven't even looked at the report you quoted. But to use your figures, the UK has apparently voted "against the majority 12.3% of the time" in the past few years. Thus, we have voted with the majority 87.7% of the time.

So, when you said that the people representing the U.K.s interests were out-voted, and that's the way it will always be, you are completely wrong even using your own data.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:59 - Jun 15 with 1696 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:50 - Jun 15 by nice_to_michu

I haven't even looked at the report you quoted. But to use your figures, the UK has apparently voted "against the majority 12.3% of the time" in the past few years. Thus, we have voted with the majority 87.7% of the time.

So, when you said that the people representing the U.K.s interests were out-voted, and that's the way it will always be, you are completely wrong even using your own data.

No it is not completely wrong, because for most votes our Government agrees with what the EU proposes and you know it.
The people representing the UK are only outvoted when we disagree with the EU, how can you be "outvoted" when you agree with the majority.
Do you have a problem with the notion of voting for or against something?
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:08 - Jun 15 with 1682 viewsdonkeylabour

The reason we now agree to around 87% is because we have a Tory Gov under labour they unconditionally agreed to everything. The classic example is free movement the Europeans can't believe we didn't put in controls in 2004 like Germany did for instance.

But that aside I would suggest 87% is excellent that sounds close to what it's like in Westminster.

What do we do when we're outside? We don't like that.. Tough sh1t you're not sitting at the table anymore

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:19 - Jun 15 with 1666 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:59 - Jun 15 by A_Fans_Dad

No it is not completely wrong, because for most votes our Government agrees with what the EU proposes and you know it.
The people representing the UK are only outvoted when we disagree with the EU, how can you be "outvoted" when you agree with the majority.
Do you have a problem with the notion of voting for or against something?

Ok, I'm confused. What exactly is your argument?

"How can you be out-voted when you agree with the majority?"
- eh, yeh, exactly. We agree with the majority the EU the vast majority of the time so I'm struggling to see what the argument is centered upon.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 21:20]
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:26 - Jun 15 with 1654 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:19 - Jun 15 by nice_to_michu

- eh, yeh, exactly. We agree with the majority the EU the vast majority of the time so I'm struggling to see what the argument is centered upon.

ECB am I being slow here?

It appears fairly straightforward.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:28 - Jun 15 with 1651 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:19 - Jun 15 by nice_to_michu

I think it breaks down to this:

When we disagree with the majority we are almost always out voted which waah waah not fair.

When we agree with the majority well we would do that wouldn't we cos all ministers are rabidly pro EU waah waah not fair.

To summarise - EU bad, man.

Poll: Tory leader

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:33 - Jun 15 with 1639 viewsKingstonJack

Anyway, the Sun has thrown its 1.5m sell behind the leave campaign.
It's never backed a loser in the general elections so I guess it is a fait a compli?

I honestly think the majority of people that make the effort to vote will do so from a limited knowledge of the issues. I believe there is no right & wrong in this vote, just a best, personal, informed opinion.

I've done as much research as I can, have personally been negatively affected by EU interference financially and lifestyle in the last 12 months.

I'm out, some may want to Remain. I respect their pov, and wish as many vote as possible having as much information to hand, as I don't want to hear any bleating in years to come accompanied by " didn't vote"

Back to the France v Albania game, good luck to Wales tomorrow! 💪🏻💪🏻⚽️⚽️⚽️
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:36 - Jun 15 with 1632 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:28 - Jun 15 by exiledclaseboy

When we disagree with the majority we are almost always out voted which waah waah not fair.

When we agree with the majority well we would do that wouldn't we cos all ministers are rabidly pro EU waah waah not fair.

The only stat which would be interesting if we ever vote with the majority when other EU nations do not. In other words, if we get outvoted 2% of the time, how does that compare with everyone else being outvoted.

Because as far as I can tell, people are saying that we have to be on the 'winning side' every single time, which is patently ridiculous in a democracy.
Login to get fewer ads

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:37 - Jun 15 with 1621 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:28 - Jun 15 by exiledclaseboy

Well yeh, that's what I don't get about his argument. If we disagree with a majority, we are by definition out-voted.

Given that this happens 12.3% of the time, not a staggering number....
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:41 - Jun 15 with 1614 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:33 - Jun 15 by KingstonJack

Anyway, the Sun has thrown its 1.5m sell behind the leave campaign.
It's never backed a loser in the general elections so I guess it is a fait a compli?

I honestly think the majority of people that make the effort to vote will do so from a limited knowledge of the issues. I believe there is no right & wrong in this vote, just a best, personal, informed opinion.

I've done as much research as I can, have personally been negatively affected by EU interference financially and lifestyle in the last 12 months.

I'm out, some may want to Remain. I respect their pov, and wish as many vote as possible having as much information to hand, as I don't want to hear any bleating in years to come accompanied by " didn't vote"

Back to the France v Albania game, good luck to Wales tomorrow! 💪🏻💪🏻⚽️⚽️⚽️

Imagine our surprise at The Sun's stance. Particularly after Murdoch said he's in favour of out as when he goes to Downing Street they listen to him while when he goes to Brussels they don't.

Who would have thought it?

I agree with the thrust of your post although I suspect Murdoch may be disappointed on this occasion. Very close though.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:42 - Jun 15 with 1609 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:37 - Jun 15 by nice_to_michu

Well yeh, that's what I don't get about his argument. If we disagree with a majority, we are by definition out-voted.

Given that this happens 12.3% of the time, not a staggering number....

The argument has changed about five times since it started so I've given up trying to follow it. It's like a David Lynch film.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:45 - Jun 15 with 1597 viewsNeathJack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:41 - Jun 15 by londonlisa2001

Imagine our surprise at The Sun's stance. Particularly after Murdoch said he's in favour of out as when he goes to Downing Street they listen to him while when he goes to Brussels they don't.

Who would have thought it?

I agree with the thrust of your post although I suspect Murdoch may be disappointed on this occasion. Very close though.

I shall be voting Leave but I believe that Remain will win the day.

Mainly because when it comes to the privacy of the voting booth I think the majority of people vote with their wallets and purses and the predictions, no matter how ridiculously outlandish on the whole by the Remain campaign regarding economic armageddon in the event of a Leave victory, will scare enough people to carry the vote.

Prediction:
Remain 54.5%
Leave 45.5%
[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 21:47]
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:46 - Jun 15 with 1594 viewsdonkeylabour

Watching Gove on QT - agree with him or not he's a bloody clever fella. Shame he wasn't in charge of our schools here and not some chump in the wag

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:50 - Jun 15 with 1578 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:45 - Jun 15 by NeathJack

I shall be voting Leave but I believe that Remain will win the day.

Mainly because when it comes to the privacy of the voting booth I think the majority of people vote with their wallets and purses and the predictions, no matter how ridiculously outlandish on the whole by the Remain campaign regarding economic armageddon in the event of a Leave victory, will scare enough people to carry the vote.

Prediction:
Remain 54.5%
Leave 45.5%
[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 21:47]

50.5/49.5. Either way. Political meltdown and tremendous entertainment.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:03 - Jun 15 with 1561 viewsdonkeylabour

Remain 54% leave 46%

Although I'm starting to get worried, I think that enough quiet moderate centrists will turn up and swing it for remain.

Hopefully the kick the immigrants out brigade will be too hungover to get out of bed and have The big brother omnibus on repeat

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:11 - Jun 15 with 1548 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:03 - Jun 15 by donkeylabour

Remain 54% leave 46%

Although I'm starting to get worried, I think that enough quiet moderate centrists will turn up and swing it for remain.

Hopefully the kick the immigrants out brigade will be too hungover to get out of bed and have The big brother omnibus on repeat

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:16 - Jun 15 with 1539 viewsdonkeylabour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:11 - Jun 15 by exiledclaseboy

Can't view it for some reason

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:24 - Jun 15 with 1515 viewsDr_Winston

So, that whole Bob Geldof thing went well...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:28 - Jun 15 with 1506 viewsdonkeylabour

Luvvies are a nightmare - classic guardian/bbc liberal types who are an Anathema to blue collar voters.

Farage is a master in these situations - don't feed the shark ffs

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:33 - Jun 15 with 1499 viewsNeathJack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:24 - Jun 15 by Dr_Winston

So, that whole Bob Geldof thing went well...

And he's on question time tomorrow.

That's that show ruined for tomorrow then.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:36 - Jun 15 with 1496 viewsdonkeylabour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:33 - Jun 15 by NeathJack

It's like remain have decided to throw in the towel.

I'm dumbfounded by their strategy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:39 - Jun 15 with 1492 viewsDr_Winston

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:33 - Jun 15 by NeathJack

They may rope in Gordon Brown as a late replacement to try and woo undecided voters.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:45 - Jun 15 with 1488 viewsNeathJack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:39 - Jun 15 by Dr_Winston

They may rope in Gordon Brown as a late replacement to try and woo undecided voters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07gx7p3
Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:51 - Jun 15 with 1484 viewsjackonicko

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:50 - Jun 15 by exiledclaseboy

50.5/49.5. Either way. Political meltdown and tremendous entertainment.

This.

But the entertainment will be higher if we vote leave. Therefore, anyone still wavering should vote out purely on comedy value.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:54 - Jun 15 with 1481 viewsDr_Winston

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:51 - Jun 15 by jackonicko

This.

But the entertainment will be higher if we vote leave. Therefore, anyone still wavering should vote out purely on comedy value.

I don't think it'll be that close. I'm expecting a vote for Brexit by about 10%, but could easily be underestimating the quiet remainers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024