Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread 12:33 - Jul 4 with 29931 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 19:17]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:41 - Jul 6 with 1706 viewsmorningstar

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:27 - Jul 6 by Clinton

They did brilliantly, ultimately the squad was a bit thin. But we knew that. So near......

That's about the crux of it Clint. Let's hope we aren't saying the same thing about our club in 11 months time.

#clubbeforecountry

Well done to the boys, you did us proud. But that's it.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:47 - Jul 6 with 1650 viewsmorningstar

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:37 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

I shudder to think how many people were roughed up in custody, or how many people got tucked up or let go because he was writing up the statements.

Merseyside crime must have gone down by 10% when he retired.

He's coming across as the type who used to plant drugs on people and stuff to get his conviction numbers up. Dodgy copper i reckon.

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:49 - Jul 6 with 1633 viewsDr_Winston

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:47 - Jul 6 by morningstar

He's coming across as the type who used to plant drugs on people and stuff to get his conviction numbers up. Dodgy copper i reckon.

You may very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:50 - Jul 6 with 1625 viewsPozuelosSideys

So on to the World Cup qualifiers. Its probably been a while since we looked forward to those odd weeks off in the middle of the PL season now and then instead of being bored as hell.

A very even group. No world beaters, but no jokers either. Hoepfully we will get good player turn outs now theyve had a taste of the big time.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:53 - Jul 6 with 1609 viewsmorningstar

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:49 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

You may very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Too late. you already have!

"I shudder to think how many people were roughed up in custody, or how many people got tucked up or let go because he was writing up the statements."

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:54 - Jul 6 with 1598 viewsDr_Winston

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:53 - Jul 6 by morningstar

Too late. you already have!

"I shudder to think how many people were roughed up in custody, or how many people got tucked up or let go because he was writing up the statements."

Not at all.

I was merely implying that Perchy was incompetent. You're the one who said he was bent.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:59 - Jul 6 with 1566 viewsSgorioFruit

Couldnt really do much about the first goal although we know he can do that so someone should have made more of an effort to jump with him for the head.
Second goal was utter gash to give away. Game over

im proud as punch for the boys getting this far.

It will be a germany portugal final and hopefully germany hammer hell out of them!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:03 - Jul 6 with 1546 viewslifelong

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:59 - Jul 6 by SgorioFruit

Couldnt really do much about the first goal although we know he can do that so someone should have made more of an effort to jump with him for the head.
Second goal was utter gash to give away. Game over

im proud as punch for the boys getting this far.

It will be a germany portugal final and hopefully germany hammer hell out of them!!

It was a superb goal by Ronaldo, no defender would have had a chance to defend it. The height of his leap and the power of the header was simply brilliant.
Login to get fewer ads

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:05 - Jul 6 with 1533 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:03 - Jul 6 by lifelong

It was a superb goal by Ronaldo, no defender would have had a chance to defend it. The height of his leap and the power of the header was simply brilliant.

But you can block the run.
The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:05 - Jul 6 with 1530 viewsLord_Bony

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:29 - Jul 6 by Private_Partz

As it was by all the fans there. We were undone by a card happy ref in the Belgium game. A bridge too far for Joe to run the midfield on his own and the Portugese knew it. Well done to the team and the marvellous supporters who sang to the end. We may very well qualify again and very soon this time.

Refs have plaed a part in our down fall I'm afraid.

Bad decision meant Ramsey missed tonight's game.if only we played tonight like we did against Belgium,fluid ,attacking football...class...might have been a different story.

Their first goal came from a free kick that should nt have been...the rest is history.

Still they will come back to a heroes welcome.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:06 - Jul 6 with 1517 viewsSgorioFruit

Was a great goal.
We know he can do that, so stick the block in.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:09 - Jul 6 with 1499 viewsjackrabbit

Collins was a very poor replacement for Davies and King a fairly anonymous replacement for Ramsey who has been our best player. Without Ramsey we had no creativity. And then when you see players like Simon Church coming onto the field, you know it's all over.

Anyway, well done Wales in reaching the last 4. It'll be a tremendous boost in confidence for the World Cup qualification campaign. The better team won this evening - no argument.
The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:11 - Jul 6 with 1466 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:09 - Jul 6 by jackrabbit

Collins was a very poor replacement for Davies and King a fairly anonymous replacement for Ramsey who has been our best player. Without Ramsey we had no creativity. And then when you see players like Simon Church coming onto the field, you know it's all over.

Anyway, well done Wales in reaching the last 4. It'll be a tremendous boost in confidence for the World Cup qualification campaign. The better team won this evening - no argument.

Which highlights the small squad we choose from. Does not detract from what a fantastic achievement this was. The better team won but it was a close call..... even with our depleted squad.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 23:12]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:16 - Jul 6 with 1443 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:05 - Jul 6 by Lord_Bony

Refs have plaed a part in our down fall I'm afraid.

Bad decision meant Ramsey missed tonight's game.if only we played tonight like we did against Belgium,fluid ,attacking football...class...might have been a different story.

Their first goal came from a free kick that should nt have been...the rest is history.

Still they will come back to a heroes welcome.

As they deserve, however I feel they will be kicking themselves after the dust settles, far too cautious initially. I actually thought the first goal could have done us a favour and woken us up, but then to get caught by the 2nd sucker punch so quickly, it was always going to be too much. The Portuguese defence was far too streetwise for us. Never mind onward to WC 2018. Its been a refreshing change watching Wales play, long may it continue.
The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:17 - Jul 6 with 1438 viewsLandore_Jack

Proud of the boys. Unfortunately, we never got going. Bale had an off day and we badly missed Ramsey. The first goal came from a free kick which should never have been given. The second goal was poor defending.

I am not going to slag off the players. They have done their country proud.

#backtojack

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:17 - Jul 6 with 1439 viewslifelong

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:09 - Jul 6 by jackrabbit

I'm no fan of Collins but I thought he had a good first half, put in some crucial headers and blocks, he hasn't started a game for over 3 months and was clearly knackered when he was taken off.
The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:24 - Jul 6 with 1414 viewsmorningstar

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 22:54 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Not at all.

I was merely implying that Perchy was incompetent. You're the one who said he was bent.

People roughed up, tucked up. Crime down when he left is just incompetence!

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:28 - Jul 6 with 1397 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:17 - Jul 6 by lifelong

I'm no fan of Collins but I thought he had a good first half, put in some crucial headers and blocks, he hasn't started a game for over 3 months and was clearly knackered when he was taken off.

Our main problem was that the elements of our game that went so well against Belgium didn't work for us at all tonight.

When we went 1 down against the Belgians we passed the ball so much better and dominated later on. Tonight we couldn't really string more than two passes together. The best team won but our innefective passing gave Portugal the impetus

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:31 - Jul 6 with 1376 viewsmonmouth

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:03 - Jul 6 by lifelong

That jump was beyond astonishing wasn't it. Reminded me of Keegan; Not tall but leaps like a salmon. If I have a complaint it's that we knew that. Put two on him. If someone else scores, so be it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:33 - Jul 6 with 1377 viewsWarwickHunt

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:31 - Jul 6 by monmouth

That jump was beyond astonishing wasn't it. Reminded me of Keegan; Not tall but leaps like a salmon. If I have a complaint it's that we knew that. Put two on him. If someone else scores, so be it.

Preferably one of them who isn't your shortest CB...
The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:37 - Jul 6 with 1357 viewsmonmouth

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:33 - Jul 6 by WarwickHunt

Preferably one of them who isn't your shortest CB...

It had to be Collins didn't it. Ash is a waste of time on defending corners.

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 23:39 - Jul 6 with 1358 viewsImAlrightJack

Absolutely gutted, even before a ball was kicked we lost, as without Ramsay who should have never been booked, the gameplan changed and the back-up as a result failed. Like Ash, Bale etc, he is an important part of the engine of the squad, yet it was cruely taken away from us by a card-happy ref in the last game.

I am not going to express my hate for SellactiĆ³ Portugal and that grinning tw*t who throws microphones in lakes, insults Iceland and looks like a plastic surgery operation done wrong. I am not going to mention my holiday there in 1992, where the place was a slum, I won't go into any of that, I'm going to get to the point.

What's the point?, these past few weeks, we have alongside Iceland proved you don't need to have loads of money invested in your domestic game to go far, you just need to find the right manager to gel your team together, find the best players you can have, get the gameplan right and last but not least, have that team spirit and belief.

UEFA changed the rules and give both losing semi-finalists bronze medals don't they?, they did this 4 years ago.

Wales will return as national heroes tomorrow, they might even do a massive parade like Iceland did. Portugal will hopefully lose and lose the game nobody wants to. Ronaldo will cry, their country will cry and we will point and laugh while celebrating with a few pints of Brains (or whatever takes your fancy!). Portugal were awful and the goals came from nowhere, bet Germany and France are relishing this more than they ever expected.

If there's an official welcoming, I'll be there without fail.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 23:40]
The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 00:06 - Jul 7 with 1305 viewsmonmouth

Well I loved my time in Estoril, Lisbon and Cascais in the mid 80s. I have no issues with Portugal as a country. Their football team is a tedious grind though and it would be a bit false if they won this after spawning their way through.

I'd be happy for their fans though and, lets be honest, Germany and France have had their success. I didn't feel like this at the end of the game in the least but now I think, yeah, Go Port.

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 00:19 - Jul 7 with 1295 viewsJackFish

Can't agree that we didn't show up tonight, Portugal put in a very professional defensive performance, gave us no space at all to work with in the middle and funnelled us down the wings at every opportunity, and we really missed Ramsey, there was nobody to get us going. Can't do a lot about the first goal either once a cross comes in there, second one was a bit rubbish mind.

Still it's been a fantastic tournament and we need to make sure we're back again in 2018.
The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 00:35 - Jul 7 with 1273 viewsjojaca

The Euro 16 Semi-Final Wales Versus Portugal MatchNight Thread on 00:19 - Jul 7 by JackFish

Can't agree that we didn't show up tonight, Portugal put in a very professional defensive performance, gave us no space at all to work with in the middle and funnelled us down the wings at every opportunity, and we really missed Ramsey, there was nobody to get us going. Can't do a lot about the first goal either once a cross comes in there, second one was a bit rubbish mind.

Still it's been a fantastic tournament and we need to make sure we're back again in 2018.

In hindsight we would have been better playing Johnny Williams from the start instead of King. But it still would have made no difference because Portugal would have beaten us 99/100 matches tonight. Our tempo was far too slow and we needed to get at them like the Hungarians. Just massively disappointed going out without really threatening their goal. I felt sorry for Gareth Bale trying to create something out of nothing, even for him it was a task too much.

Even when you know, you never know?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024