Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. 14:54 - Oct 14 with 18614 viewsItchySphincter

.... after the girl's previous sexual history is forensically judged. Yuk.

Planet Swans meltdown incoming.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 23:44]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 01:51 - Oct 15 with 1095 viewsHumpty

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 00:14 - Oct 15 by blueytheblue

Might be...

Reading a Guardian article, this was interesting.

During the appeal case that led to the retrial, lawyers for the crown suggested that the two new witnesses may have been “fed” information by those close to Evans. This claim was rejected by Evans’s side and by the appeal court.

The appeal court judges expressed “a considerable degree of hesitation” before allowing the new evidence of the former partners because it would result in the complainant’s sexual behaviour being subject to forensic scrutiny.

Evans’s girlfriend, Massey, was accused in legal argument during the second trial of offering an “inducement” to a key witness. The prosecution said this had “the flavour of a bribe”. The trial judge disagreed.

The complainant continues to be named and abused on social media, even though the law grants her lifelong anonymity. The police are investigating at least one blog that identified her during the trial.

=======================

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/14/footballer-ched-evans-cleared-o

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/14/campaigners-fear-evans-case-will

=======================

I'm even more concerned by this verdict now.

Massey clearly tried to induce a witness from the first trial - hotel staff member - by first mentioning the 50k reward and then the whole "you'd see an innocent man in prison" schtick - this was not allowed by the judge to be presented to the jury.

"They were not allowed to hear about Massey’s approach to a vital prosecution witness, Gavin Burrough, who was on the hotel reception desk when the complainant arrived that night and who later said she was “out of it”.

The approach came in May 2013, soon after the reward was first offered. Massey sent Burrough a message via Facebook telling him she was at a “loose end”.

She wrote: “We are appealing for new information. There is a £50,000 reward for any new evidence. Do you know anything that could help Ched? He’s spent nearly 13 months locked up in prison for a crime that never happened. I’m pleading with you if you know anything.” She signed off with a kiss.

Burrough did nothing.

The next morning she contacted him again: “OK. I see you have chosen to ignore me. I understand you want to put it all behind you. If you can deal with the fact that Ched is innocent and he’s spending the next 17 months in prison and you can just sit back and let it happen so be it. I’m literally begging. If you know anything please help me x.”"

What is even more concerning is that these "new" witnesses allegedly changed their statements in 2015,

"In September 2015, the witness was re-interviewed by a private detective who was part of the new beefed-up Evans legal team. At this point he said X directed the sex and used the phrase: “F**k me harder.” It was the first time he claimed she had used these words.

The explicit phrase is important because it chimes with what Evans claimed had happened in his encounter with X. He continues to insist she used exactly the same language.

A second man, Z, who was in a sexual relationship with X at the time of the alleged rape, had also made a rather bland statement back in September 2011.

In December 2015, he gave a much more detailed account to a member of Evans’ new legal team in which he said X had used the phrase “Go harder” with him."

So are people expected to believe that two witnesses both made more explicit statements four years after their initial statements? Did their memories suddenly improve?

Interesting bluey. More than interesting.

Harass people to change their evidence. Wave about fifty grand. And the judge knows she's done that.

Two witnesses then give statements that mention things they didn't say in their original statements. Which match up exactly to things Ched says she said.

And that's what get's him off.

F*cking bizarre.

Not bizarre that a jury decided they way they did. F*cking bizarre that the judge wasn't troubled by this new evidence at all. We have to accept the verdict but I can't really believe this "new" evidence was allowed to be put forward.

Good work.
Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 07:29 - Oct 15 with 1043 viewsJango

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 00:40 - Oct 15 by macthejack

Maybe, but as I imagine you haven't met her, you have no right to comment. If you judge someone by their perceived sexually promiscuity then you're a bit of a c*nt. If you judge females and males differently based on their sexual promiscuity then you are a copper bottomed c*nt.

Nobodies net ched Evans either, or the his girlfriend, or the 2 new witnesses either. Yet they seem to be judging them.
Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 07:37 - Oct 15 with 1041 viewsJango

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 00:14 - Oct 15 by blueytheblue

Might be...

Reading a Guardian article, this was interesting.

During the appeal case that led to the retrial, lawyers for the crown suggested that the two new witnesses may have been “fed” information by those close to Evans. This claim was rejected by Evans’s side and by the appeal court.

The appeal court judges expressed “a considerable degree of hesitation” before allowing the new evidence of the former partners because it would result in the complainant’s sexual behaviour being subject to forensic scrutiny.

Evans’s girlfriend, Massey, was accused in legal argument during the second trial of offering an “inducement” to a key witness. The prosecution said this had “the flavour of a bribe”. The trial judge disagreed.

The complainant continues to be named and abused on social media, even though the law grants her lifelong anonymity. The police are investigating at least one blog that identified her during the trial.

=======================

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/14/footballer-ched-evans-cleared-o

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/14/campaigners-fear-evans-case-will

=======================

I'm even more concerned by this verdict now.

Massey clearly tried to induce a witness from the first trial - hotel staff member - by first mentioning the 50k reward and then the whole "you'd see an innocent man in prison" schtick - this was not allowed by the judge to be presented to the jury.

"They were not allowed to hear about Massey’s approach to a vital prosecution witness, Gavin Burrough, who was on the hotel reception desk when the complainant arrived that night and who later said she was “out of it”.

The approach came in May 2013, soon after the reward was first offered. Massey sent Burrough a message via Facebook telling him she was at a “loose end”.

She wrote: “We are appealing for new information. There is a £50,000 reward for any new evidence. Do you know anything that could help Ched? He’s spent nearly 13 months locked up in prison for a crime that never happened. I’m pleading with you if you know anything.” She signed off with a kiss.

Burrough did nothing.

The next morning she contacted him again: “OK. I see you have chosen to ignore me. I understand you want to put it all behind you. If you can deal with the fact that Ched is innocent and he’s spending the next 17 months in prison and you can just sit back and let it happen so be it. I’m literally begging. If you know anything please help me x.”"

What is even more concerning is that these "new" witnesses allegedly changed their statements in 2015,

"In September 2015, the witness was re-interviewed by a private detective who was part of the new beefed-up Evans legal team. At this point he said X directed the sex and used the phrase: “F**k me harder.” It was the first time he claimed she had used these words.

The explicit phrase is important because it chimes with what Evans claimed had happened in his encounter with X. He continues to insist she used exactly the same language.

A second man, Z, who was in a sexual relationship with X at the time of the alleged rape, had also made a rather bland statement back in September 2011.

In December 2015, he gave a much more detailed account to a member of Evans’ new legal team in which he said X had used the phrase “Go harder” with him."

So are people expected to believe that two witnesses both made more explicit statements four years after their initial statements? Did their memories suddenly improve?

Clutching at straws now bluey. The fact they 'may' have been fed information. That's never gonna stand up in court, it's just pure speculation that has no substance. You're basing your whole argument now on the fact his desperate girlfriend asked the bloke at hotel if he could think of anything that might help her boyfriend. Move on mate, you're putting yourself through more stress than the people involved
Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 09:37 - Oct 15 with 990 viewsblueytheblue

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 07:37 - Oct 15 by Jango

Clutching at straws now bluey. The fact they 'may' have been fed information. That's never gonna stand up in court, it's just pure speculation that has no substance. You're basing your whole argument now on the fact his desperate girlfriend asked the bloke at hotel if he could think of anything that might help her boyfriend. Move on mate, you're putting yourself through more stress than the people involved

No, not clutching at straws.

Pointing out the prosecution were legally hamstrung by the trial judge; there's little doubt to anyone with a brain cell the amended "new" witness statements were dodgy as hell.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 09:47 - Oct 15 with 978 viewstrampie

Bluey why cant you 'read' a case ?

Every major controversial case I have taken interest in I have read correctly all the way down the line, original trial, re-trials etc, i'm not talking about being innocent or guilty but the likely verdict and whether there will be a re-trial and the likely outcome of that, why can't you ?, I cringe at seeing some posts on here from yourself, Lisa, Darran, Itchy etc, not just this time round but first time round.

Why do you think you got it wrong ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 09:53 - Oct 15 with 969 viewsblueytheblue

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 09:47 - Oct 15 by trampie

Every major controversial case I have taken interest in I have read correctly all the way down the line, original trial, re-trials etc, i'm not talking about being innocent or guilty but the likely verdict and whether there will be a re-trial and the likely outcome of that, why can't you ?, I cringe at seeing some posts on here from yourself, Lisa, Darran, Itchy etc, not just this time round but first time round.

Read the links from the Guardian, Trampie.

Do you believe if the prosecution had been allowed to bring the Massey "influence" attempt and the miraculous way the "new" witness statements both changed 4 years after the fact before the jury that the verdict would be the same?

Ah wait, he's got a Welshier than Welsh name. Guess that's how (g)nats reading court cases works ;)

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:07 - Oct 15 with 951 viewsJack_Meoff

This whole situation, and related discussion, isn't something we as a species can look upon with any pride. Hideous.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:11 - Oct 15 with 946 viewsDarran

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:07 - Oct 15 by Jack_Meoff

This whole situation, and related discussion, isn't something we as a species can look upon with any pride. Hideous.

Well said.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:19 - Oct 15 with 934 viewstrampie

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 09:53 - Oct 15 by blueytheblue

Do you believe if the prosecution had been allowed to bring the Massey "influence" attempt and the miraculous way the "new" witness statements both changed 4 years after the fact before the jury that the verdict would be the same?

Ah wait, he's got a Welshier than Welsh name. Guess that's how (g)nats reading court cases works ;)

Why do you think you read the case so badly wrong ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:20 - Oct 15 with 932 viewsItchySphincter

You can't possibly read that well because I have always said the decision of the court should be final, regardless which verdict. I'm perfectly entitled to have a view on how that verdict has been reached however and can be proud to say that the base of my opinion is not formed by the fact that he was a partly successful welsh footballer. Hand on heart could you say the same?

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:23 - Oct 15 with 923 viewsDarran

What have I said?

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:27 - Oct 15 with 913 viewsJango

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:23 - Oct 15 by Darran

What have I said?

Apart from calling me a tit I'd say you've been pretty much straight down the line in fairness.
Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:29 - Oct 15 with 910 viewsDarran

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:27 - Oct 15 by Jango

Apart from calling me a tit I'd say you've been pretty much straight down the line in fairness.

Thank you.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:31 - Oct 15 with 904 viewsItchySphincter

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:23 - Oct 15 by Darran

What have I said?

This is it see Dazzler, the legal eagles on here read what they want to read in to it in order to better suit their agenda. My opinion all the way through this sorry episode is that the justice system has to be respected and allowed to run its course. The big talking point is how this groundbreaking retrial has been handled but of course the innocent brigade want to censor that particular conversation.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:32 - Oct 15 with 900 viewsDarran

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 10:31 - Oct 15 by ItchySphincter

This is it see Dazzler, the legal eagles on here read what they want to read in to it in order to better suit their agenda. My opinion all the way through this sorry episode is that the justice system has to be respected and allowed to run its course. The big talking point is how this groundbreaking retrial has been handled but of course the innocent brigade want to censor that particular conversation.

Exactly Johnny.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:11 - Oct 15 with 862 viewstrampie

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 09:53 - Oct 15 by blueytheblue

Is Louise Woodward Welsh ?, is Tony Martin Welsh ?, Is Oscar Pistorius Welsh ?, are Luis Suarez and John Terry Welsh ?

Why cant you read a case ?, certain outcomes are surprising and is reflected by the judges sentencing, certain outcomes are surprising and there is a retrial with a more predictable outcome, certain cases in a lower court result in a guilty verdict, a similar/same case in a higher court can result in a not guilty verdict.

You have made a total fool of yourself along with others on here, why did you read the case so badly wrong ?, perhaps you have an agenda........hmm

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:14 - Oct 15 with 855 viewsblueytheblue

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:11 - Oct 15 by trampie

Is Louise Woodward Welsh ?, is Tony Martin Welsh ?, Is Oscar Pistorius Welsh ?, are Luis Suarez and John Terry Welsh ?

Why cant you read a case ?, certain outcomes are surprising and is reflected by the judges sentencing, certain outcomes are surprising and there is a retrial with a more predictable outcome, certain cases in a lower court result in a guilty verdict, a similar/same case in a higher court can result in a not guilty verdict.

You have made a total fool of yourself along with others on here, why did you read the case so badly wrong ?, perhaps you have an agenda........hmm

Seriously, trampie, you're dumber than a bag of really, really dumb rocks.

Witness statements were different 4 years on, reflecting a new defence Evans used re language which would open the door to bringing the woman's sexual history into the trial.

Massey tried coercing a key prosecution witness.

Jury heard nothing of that. You're happy with that.

Like I said, dumber than a bag of rocks.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:18 - Oct 15 with 850 viewsItchySphincter

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:14 - Oct 15 by blueytheblue

Witness statements were different 4 years on, reflecting a new defence Evans used re language which would open the door to bringing the woman's sexual history into the trial.

Your first sentence there would have been enough.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:24 - Oct 15 with 837 viewsJango

Whose witness statements were different? These were 'new' star witnesses to the case, they never gave statements in the first case. so whatever itchy says, there's people from the still guilty brigade saying things to suit their agenda
Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:26 - Oct 15 with 832 viewstrampie

You are not answering, why do you think you got the case so badly wrong ?

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:29 - Oct 15 with 828 viewsDarran

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:26 - Oct 15 by trampie

You are not answering, why do you think you got the case so badly wrong ?

and you're not answering mine,what have I said?

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:44 - Oct 15 with 795 viewstrampie

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:29 - Oct 15 by Darran

and you're not answering mine,what have I said?

What you always say a lot of sh*t.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:45 - Oct 15 with 787 viewsDarran

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:44 - Oct 15 by trampie

What have I said about Chedwyn that you disagree with?

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:46 - Oct 15 with 786 viewsblueytheblue

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:24 - Oct 15 by Jango

Whose witness statements were different? These were 'new' star witnesses to the case, they never gave statements in the first case. so whatever itchy says, there's people from the still guilty brigade saying things to suit their agenda

Yes they did Jango.

Try reading... gave statements in 2011 which weren't used by the defence. Do keep up.

"New" in that they weren't used in the first trial.

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:46 - Oct 15 with 786 viewsraynor94

Chedwyn Evans not guilty.. on 11:44 - Oct 15 by trampie

And that is the winner of ironic post of the year, my mother always told me empty vessels make most noise

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024